Start by marking “Cafe Flora Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Cafe Flora Cookbook

Cafe Flora Cookbook

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
For more than a decade, Seattle's award-winning Cafe Flora has been serving up ingenious vegetarian and vegan dishes which have become so popular that even meat lovers long for the taste of their Portobello Wellington or Oaxaca Tacos. Now, from brunch dishes to appetizers and main courses to sides, salads, and condiments, here are 250 of its original recipes-with detailed ...more
Published October 4th 2005 by HP Books

To ask other readers questions about Cafe Flora Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cafe Flora Cookbook

Kaitlin
Aug 17, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This was an impulse purchase when I lived in Bellingham. The bookstore in Fairhaven wrote these great little in-store reviews of their favorite books and I'm a sucker for cookbooks, especially cookbooks after interesting vegetarian restaurants based in nearby Seattle, so I bought it!

Updated 2/11/09: This impulse purchase is collecting dust on my shelf, since after making two or three recipes from this book, I've realized they're overly complicated. I'd rather splurge a little and eat at the rest
Deb
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I ate at Cafe Flora a few times, years ago when I lived in Seattle. I stumbled across the cookbook in a used bookstore and had to buy it. A good selection of vegetarian and vegan recipes. I have many recipes tagged to make but the Roasted Garlic Dijon Lentil Soup was the first I tried. Excellent flavor. Here's a link to the recipe/post: http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...
Jamie B.
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Best cookbook I've ever had. It's classy yet simple enough to be the kind of ingredients you have hanging around your kitchen anyways. My favorites include the Oaxaca Tacos and the Curry Lentil Quinoa Burgers.

On top of the unique combinations and surprises this book will offer you, know that about 50% of this book is vegetarian, and about 50% vegan.
Jen
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, northwest
The enchiladas (I think called something like smoky tomato yam mushroom enchiladas?) are a favorite at our house, and this is the recipe I use when making my own enchilada sauce. The seitan fajitas are also a big hit. I love brunch at Cafe Flora, especially waffles with mascarpone, but only really tried the dinner recipes from this book.
Stina
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Awesome vegetarian cookbook! Almost everything I have made from this book has been fantastic. I've made soups, sandwiches, wellingtons, salads, grains, and sauces, and after each one I've been even more impressed than before. I know this cookbook will continue to be a staple in my cooking. The satisfy vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
Hillary
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
My most recent cookbook addition, and I love it! I've never been to the restaurant, but now I really want to go. I've made almost every pizza in here, as well as most of the entrees. They are a little time-intensive, but worth it.
Heather
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
The Bellevue of vegetarian cookbooks. This is full of recipes-to-impress, but not for anyone looking to whip something up in a hurry from what is in your cupboard. Each recipe will require a run to the store.
Excellent for turning omnivore foodies into vegetarians.
LemontreeLime
Dec 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This one is fun. I keep thinking, i should give it away... and then im charmed by it again, thinking im totally going to make that recipe this time...and it survives every cookbook purge and stands smug in its self value. Just a really nice cookbook!
Molly
May 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
From one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle. Only use this cookbook if you have lots of time to cook.
Carolyn
Jan 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Yum! Great recipes. Great read - fantastic restaurant. Thanks Steph.