Start by marking “A Moment of Weakness (Forever Faithful, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Moment of Weakness (Forever Faithful, #2)

A Moment of Weakness (Forever Faithful #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  3,708 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
Had they found each other again after all these years, only to lose everything that matters most?

As children, Jade Conner and Tanner Eastman were best friends—until scandal drove them apart. Then, one golden summer, they find each other again.  Through endless days they share their hearts and souls and dreams of forever.  Then, in a moment of weakness, they make a decis
Published March 1st 2000 by Multnomah (first published January 1st 2000)

Maria Elmvang
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Maria by: Nina
I honestly don't really know how to rate or review this book. There were parts of it I loved, and parts where I just wanted to throw the book across the room. I think I'll have to try something new, and do a review in bullet form.

Things I Liked
* The childhood friendship between Jade and Tanner. Very sweet.
* Jade's reaction to meeting God. Brought tears to my eyes.
* Jade and Tanner's friendship 'that summer'.
* Jade and Ty's relationship
* The 'conversations' with God. I always wish I could hear Hi
Cecelia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, I felt that A Moment of Weakness is the best book I’ve read for 2007. I’ve read two of Karen’s other novels, but I like this one the best. I plan on purchasing some more of her novels and writing my views about them on this blog.
Although this is a Christian novel, I felt Kingsbury did an awesome job of showing the sexual tension between Jade and Tanner. Also, I loved the way both characters “found” their way back to each other not once, but twice. Their relationship survived huge con
Amber
Nov 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amber by: everyone
Jade and Tanner have been friends since childhood but because of a scandal involving Jade's family her father moves her away. One summer in the future, they find one another again. They share their hopes and dreams with one another. They make a decision that will change both their future's forever. Tanner goes away on a mission and thinks of nothing but Jade who is pregnant with his son. Tanner's mother tells Jade a lie about how Tanner has gotten a lot of women pregnant and how he leaves it up ...more
Joy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another winner by Karen Kingsbury.

This was a heartbreaking read. Karen Kingsbury doesn't hesitate to offer real life situations as her main plot and this one is all too real.

I highly enjoyed this one but make sure you have tissues near you at all times (you're gonna need it)
Shantelle
Yes, this was a powerful book of true-life issues and poignant redemption. I feel like those are the type of books Karen Kingsbury thrives on writing. A Moment of Weakness truly touched me, it was interesting, thought-provoking, hardly left me bored for a second.

But... I must say, their "moment of weakness" was quite dramatized and overly sensualized. I was just kind of cringing as I read it.

However, when it ended, it pretty much ended. The rest of the book I read through no problem. It was in
Morgan
Apr 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A Moment of weakness taught me so much. Jade and Tanner go through hard time after hard time. Growing up as best friends was great while it lasted, but one day Jades father runs away with Jade to get away from the town that sees them as sinners. Years later, Jade is trying to get her hospital the rights it deserves. As she is in court she runs into the long lost Tanner. Tanner and Jade have a wonderful summer together and one night things go a little too far. When Tanner leaves, Jade realizes th ...more
Natalie
May 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fabulously written story about the slippery slope of failing to hear God's voice. Why is it, even when we are trying to be good, we can quickly end up on a path of sin? Fortunately we have a God that always prevails in the end and makes good out of our worst mistakes. It is sad when we screw up his better plan for our lives. This story was set in the little NW town of Kelso, of which I am familiar and also the Portland area which was fun to visualize.
Whitney
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Forever Faithful trilogy. It was very good, but again I found myself getting way too upset over the behavior of some characters, i.e. Doris, Tanner's mother. But God changed her heart in a way only He can! Excellent read. Can't wait to start the last book and finish the trilogy. I know there will be plenty more tears shed.
Donna
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was a really easy read - I read it in 2 days. I enjoyed it. It was very spiritual and I did not know it would be when I picked it out. Lots of references to the bible and Jesus, so if that would bother you don't read it. The story was good though and the ending was really good.
Amy Burt bibliophile
This book made me mad at what Tanner's mom did but the ending was a good ending.
Barbara
"A Moment of Weakness" is apparently the second book in a series called Forever Faithful. To say that the drama in this book is extreme is an understatement. Tears flow freely between the pages, and lies are told which change the course of characters' lives.

Tanner is an aspiring politician, to his mother only, and he befriends local girl Jade. However, Tanner is unaware that his own father had a brief affair with Jade's mother, and this has forever altered how his mother views Jade and her famil
Heatherhh
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-and-up
As always, very engaging writing. Love the characterization and dialogue. However, I didn't find (view spoiler) very believable; it didn't seem to fit the character's viewpoints and values at all. I do find the court case believable both because of the time we live in, and God says "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing...." 1 Corinthians 1:18.
Carolyn Wylie-mcelroy
BOOK 2.....AWESOME!!!!!!!

In book 1, we met Hannah, Matt, and Jennie and in Book 2, we add Jade, Tanner, Jim, Doris, and Ty. What an awesome story!!!! It brings to light a fear we Christian's have of being punished because of it. Jade gets her son, Ty, taken from her in a divorce because she's a Christian and her husband isn't!! This is just so meaningful today in our PC society!!! A remarkable book!!! I've already bought book 3!!!!!! C:o)
Beverly Chilton
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating Love Story

Karen Kingsbury did it again! This novel dealt realistically with sexual temptations and subsequent consequences. It captivated my attention from the very beginning. The reader can readily relate to the struggles of the primary characters. We have all had people like them in our lives. I highly recommend reading!
Melinda Strickland
Another story about real Christians & God’s Faithfulness

Karen Kingsbury captures real life about real Christians who sin, face the consequences, and most importantly, receive God’s mercy & grace — His faithfulness. Christians aren’t perfect—far from it—but we ARE forgiven and restored because of Who He is. That’s the story KK so beautifully tells in this book.
Rachel
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Kingsbury writes as beautifully as ever, but her characters are not as attractive in this story. They have some irredeemable flaws, which did not seem to be resolved even by the conclusion.
Additionally, the author's answer to the characters' dilemma is inconsistent with scripture. Just not my favorite work by KK
Sharon Rudolph
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Another great book in this wonderful series! God's love for us is all consuming. The characters in this book were real and honest. It is wonderful to see how any situation can be turned if we trust in God.
Kimberley Mathews
God is forever faithful. Karen Kingsbury has once again shown this truth.

This book shows the truth of consequence for weakness and God's faithfulness to work even our weakness and failings for good. Karen Kingsbury is always faithful in reminding us of that very truth.
Crissy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Listened to the audio version and can't say I didn't see where it was leading to as they grew closer together and looking at the title. After reading many Kingsbury novels I guessed all would work out in the end.
Victoria
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't found a Karen Kingsbury book I didn't like and this one didn't disappoint! It wasn't my favorite of her books, but it was definitely worth the read. Though it was written years ago, the struggles the characters faced are still current struggles, as well as concerns in the school.
Angela
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to such a sad story!
Beverly
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faith

It only takes a moment to change the course of ones life. Either for the good or the bad. One thing we must always remember is God's word is true and He js forever Faithful.
My3sonstm
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rfg

Ffghhggghy bnnjyy gt vdg bgytr eeeeed gyyh hg jh jg by fd fg gtf ghytrfggvfv ftg bv grf bf ggtffft
Susan Robinson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A moment of weakness in many forms can happen to us all. But God is faithful to forgive and show is how we need to forgive.
Susan Dreher
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this more than the first in this series.
Shelly Kittell
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was enjoyable but same plot formula as the other romances.
Connie
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series

As always Karen did not disappoint. Enjoy all her series. She keeps you wanting to read more. Can't put her books down until the last word has been read.
Barb
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm quite sure my opinion may not be popular, and obviously doesn't represent the masses of readers who love Karen Kingsbury books, but I just don't, so honest I will be. I have read many Karen Kingsbury books over the years, but had really decided they just aren't for me. The only reason I decided to review this one is that I thought it was a brand new book, and that perhaps I should give the author another chance. As it turns out, this is just a re-release of a book that she wrote years ago an ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
I can't say enough about any book written by Karen Kingsbury. If you have never read one, please pick one up. They are more than simply a story that grabs you in someway by the heart, but they are ones that last well beyond the final page you read. They are that life changing. They get you to not only connect with the characters on an emotional level but there is a depth there that simply goes beyond being a story in a book. It almost feels as if these were personal stories that Karen is sharing ...more
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Before I Wake
  • Sanctuary
  • Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills, #1)
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books are being developed into a TV series slated f ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury

Forever Faithful (3 books)
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)

Fiction Deals

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
  • Where We Belong
    $5.99 $1.49
  • Cashelmara
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
  • The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1)
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things