Start by marking “Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)

Master of the Mountain

(Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1)

**New Cover & Reprint Edition**
[[ Reprint ]] When Rebecca’s lover talks her into a mountain lodge vacation with his swing club, she soon learns she’s not cut out for playing musical beds. But with her boyfriend “entertaining” in their cabin, she has nowhere to sleep. Logan, the lodge owner, finds her freezing on the porch. After hauling her inside, he warms her in his
Published August 8th 2014 by VanScoy Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Master of the Mountain, please sign up.
Rachael Judging by the warning in the description, I would say yes, it's dark erotica.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

You know, Cherise Sinclair does such an amazing job of giving us characters who we care about and believable storylines despite the shorter page count. I’ve found this to be true in every one of her books that I’ve read, and Master of the Mountain is no different.

Rebecca is such a sweet young woman and I just ache for her and her poor self image because she’s on the plumper side, and has scars on her legs. She’s embarrassed by her body to point of wanting the lights dimmed when having sex, even
Denisa
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute, fast, forgettable.

It's exactly what you expect it to be. Bad bf, hot new guy, even hotter sex and love. Not awful, if this is what you're looking for.

Dina
Nov 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: MelissaB
3 1/2 stars

The book description gives more than a good insight of the story - in fact, it tells the whole story! - so I won't bother writing a plot summary here. I'll just say that the premise was interesting, but I didn't like the way the story unfolded.

Rebecca was too hesitant and insecure - so much that I didn't know if she still considered Matt her boyfriend or not when she had sex with Logan. Before anyone shouts "Cheater!" at her, let me explain that Matt and Rebecca had an open relationsh
Kristen
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. From the first page to the last, Master of the Mountain  captured my attention, my imagination, and my heart. I feel Cherise Sinclair did a wonderful job portraying the basic and complex components in the relationship between the Dominate and the Submissive. That she incorporated romance into this light BDSM story made it that much better.

For me, Logan's character is a great example of a responsible and good Dom. He recognized Rebecca's (Becca) submissive
Noemí
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: retoÍntimo
#RetoIntimo Tenía muchas ganas de leer este libro desde hace tiempo. Me habian dicho que estaba muy bien y me llamaba la atención. Gracias al Reto he aprovechado para leerlo al fin.
Tengo que decir que no ha estado mal, me ha entretenido y gustado, pero me ha faltado algo más...
Logan me ha gustado mucho y más cuando se mete en su Roll de Amo, pero con la prota no terminado de conectar...
Habido otros personajes que me han sobrado desde el minuto uno como Matt. Y otros que me ha llamado mucho la a
MelissaB
Hot, sexy and kinky. Mild BDSM, nothing too crazy beyond some tying up, a bit of spanking and some hijinks in the woods while tied to a tree (sign me up for a screaming orgasm too please). Oh yeah, there was a public nookie scene at a "club".

I enjoyed the author's writing style and plan on checking out her other work. No ménage was included for those who are not a fan of the heroine sandwich.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Since it seems I won't be writing a review, something that made me laugh...

Mysticnox
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tras la 4 relectura de este libro acompañada de mis queridas Damas Min, solo puedo decir que cada vez disfruto más. En esta la lectura ha ido acompañada de tantas risas por nuestros comentarios acerca del buen hacer de Logan y de todo lo que nos hace sentir que de ahí mi puntuación. Logan te adoro cada vez más y sí voy a decirlo porque si no no sería yo. NO SE PUEDE MÁS CONTIGO LOGAN COÑO YA!
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

**3.75** stars

Another great Cherise Sinclair series for me to dive into! BDSM in the Mountains? Sex and scenery? SOLD!

Logan was a toe curling, Dominant mountain man teaching a new to the lifestyle and self conscious Rebecca how to accept her body's cravings. This was a perfect blend of smut and story and just what I wanted.

However, two things didn't quite get this one to 4 stars:

1. I feel like the story started abruptly. Don't hear that often, do you? The presentation of the swingers weekend id
Carmen
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-estrellas, 2018
#retoíntimo
En resumen, ha estado muy bien. Tomando de base un argumento sencillo, creo que en apenas 270 páginas nos han mostrado la parte más amable de BDSM, desde el respeto, la aceptación mutua, la confianza y la dominación. Es una novela erótica entretenida, el sexo explícito adecuado, con dos protagonistas bastante sólidos, que encajan perfectamente desde el principio, con todos sus miedos, inseguridades y fortalezas. Ha sido una lectura más amable de lo que esperaba y creo que por eso me h
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

In the time it takes you to say BDSM, I already finished this book.

If you are looking for an erotica romance author who delivers each and every time you open a book, then Cherise Sinclair is your girl. While the Masters of the Shadowlands may be my favourite series by her, this series Mountain Masters is another great BDSM escape for readers.

Rebecca lets her boyfriend, Matt talk her into taking part in a swingers getaway at a mountain lodge. Feeling unfulfilled in her
Yolanda
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#RetoIntimo7
Tras mi relectura le vuelvo a dar 4 estrellas al Logan (son todas para él)
A mis queridas Damas Min, compañeras en esta lectura, les doy 20 estrellas.
Nos hemos reído tantísimo con nuestros comentarios sobre lo gran MAESTRO que es Logan, lo bien que explica las cosas y lo bien que las hace... ha sido un DISFRUTE TOTAL.
Hemos aprendido muuuchas cosas sobre cervatillos, montaña, laderas, colibrís, troncos de los árboles, de cómo se hace un buen mantenimiento en una casa rural y muchas co
Didi
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so good! Better than My Liege of Dark Haven. I'm kinda reading out of order but that's okay. I loved Rebecca, she was such a kind and sweet woman. Made to feel self conscious about her figure, she endures being in the wrong relationship with douchebag Matt. Then to meet and submit to Logan...who's pure MALE. I'm glad she was made to feel worthy of who she was and be cherished for everything she is. Logan was incredible! Such a patient and tender Dom that suffers from PTSD all alone.
The
Ale Rivero
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ufff... ¿alguien sabe dónde encontrar un Logan? Con un Dom así a cualquiera le gustaría el BDSM XD Una novela muy a la altura de lo que es el género, para mí sobrepasa a otras cuantas que se consideran dentro del mismo. No se lo pierdan.
En la relectura capté más los detalles de las personalidades de los protagonistas; Rebecca con su timidez y su baja autoestima resulta ser una imagen bastante acertada de la mujer común de hoy en día. Logan con su actitud todo lo puedo y su testarudez resulta un
Alejandra
No acostumbro a leer muchas novelas de esta temática (amo-sumisa) así que no sé muy bien como reseñarla.

Como erótica sí que me ha gustado, especialmente él, Logan.
Las cosas que dice, las cosas que le hace a Rebecca son muy excitantes pero el argumento en sí mismo, básicamente la trama a mi me ha cansado un poco. Puede que haya sido porque no me llama la atención poderosamente el tema de la sumisión o no sé porque.

Algo que me ha molestado son las continúas referencias de ella a su sobrepeso, val
Aisling Zena
4 stars

I wasn't planning on writing a review for this book but I find myself needing to say a few things..

First a very big thank you to Cherise Sinclair for her authors note. It starts like this :
"To my readers,
This book is fiction, not reality and, as in most romantic fiction, the romance is compressed into a very, very short time period.
You, my darlings, live in the real world and I want you to take a little more time than the heroines you read about."
There's more after this which was also
Karla
Sep 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, scorching-hot, pain
This one started out really good and then it took a turn that did not appeal to me. I liked Logan initially, and the relationship that developed between him and Rebecca. Then he got pushy and kept telling her that this is what she wanted, and maybe she did, but that's not the way the author portrayed it. Rebecca was clearly disturbed by what he was doing to her, and that didn't stop Logan. Very confusing and a bit harsh. I also didn't care for the swingers portion of the book. Not sure if I will ...more
Syndi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is pure pure sex. I feel like being introduce to the world of bdsm. The story is minimum. No character development. Just sex. The sex is hot. Searing hot. Like a fire. Its delicious.

If only the story can support the character development, it can be more good.

4 stars
Auntee
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually one for bdsm books, but this one was pretty good and well written. I enjoyed both the strong heroine (who finds out that she's a sexual submissive) and the studly Dom hero who owns the mountain retreat where they meet and awakens her sexually. This was a quick read, it was hot, but the heroine's low self esteem regarding her plumpish body was starting to get on my nerves. This is my first read by this author and I'll definitely look for more. 4 solid stars
Raine
Rebecca's boyfriend, Matt, is getting a little tired of their sex life. He wanted to spice it up and decided to ask Rebecca to go on vacation with him with his swing club. Rebecca isn't comfortable around the swingers and finds herself without a place to sleep. She ends up sharing a room with Logan one of the owners of the resort where they are staying at. She ends up learning about BDSM and realizes that her kink isn't being a swinger, but a submissive to Logan's dom. Rebecca has a poor self im ...more
Simsala
Curiosity `killed` the cat...
The book was available for free at ARe and I thought I should give this well known and highly rated m/f-BDSM romance a try.
Highly rated,yes...but what for? This was mostly lightly kinky how-to-make-a-woman-scream sex,delivered from an all-knowing "I know what`s best for you" Dom in a nondescript,almost boring story.I can barely tolerate that kind of Dom in m/m - here it made me want to punch his lights out...
Will give it no rating since I usually just read m/m and do
Sonia
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Para mi, la historia está demasiado centrada en la dominación / submisión y solo da pinceladas de otras cosas que me han faltado, como los sentimientos u opiniones de Rebecca y Logan o más datos sobre los traumas que arrastran; incluso me hubiera gustado conocer más la relación de Rebeca con Matt y como termina o saber más sobre la vida en el albergue o del hermano de Jake.
Es una novela corta que quizá añadiendo algo más de todo esto me hubiera gustado más.
Emily Crow
Oh, the things I will do for a reading challenge. BDSM romance is a category for the 2017 Unapologetic Romance Readers challenge, and when I first came across this book it was free on kindle, so I decided to grab it, even though I will be the first to admit that BDSM is not one of my faves. To start with the positive, the book was fairly well written and I enjoyed the mountain setting. Some of the sex scenes were interesting, and the author did a good job of explaining the lifestyle. However, I ...more
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
What an adorable story!

Actually it started off as a-okay. The Heroine happens to fall for a guy who is a gentleman (in her eyes, not mine) who can give her a life of happiness, except Matt is a terrible bed lover. Matt makes a suggestion to explore their sexual side in their relationship, and asks if she'd join him on a Swinger's retreat. This is the first time Rebecca has ever heard of him going to such a place, in which couples, men and woman show up just to have sex with one another. In my op
Patricia Marin
Por fin la he leído, me ha costado tiempo ponerme con ella. Si retrasaba el momento era por temor a encontrar algo que me pudiera decepcionar, me han hablado tanto de ella que tenía bastante recelo.
Y aunque mis sospechas se confirmaron tras la lectura, es una excelente novela.
Esperaba mucha más intensidad (¿dónde está esa intensidad prometida? xD). Es verdad que la tiene, pero no como la estaba esperando (ay, alargar el placer a veces no ofrece tanta recompensa...). Tampoco es que el argumento
CC
This was one of my first "BDSM" books several years ago and I still love it. My tastes have changed and I don't seek out this type of content but I am happy to re read this one occasionally. Not sure why my current triggers are not tripped by this book. But they are not. Even though the triggers are there. My safety gang friends should probably stay away but can ask me if they have specific questions.
Sabrina
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first exposure to Cherise Sinclair and MY OH MY!! What a wonderful surprise!!

I loved her author's note: "Good Doms don't grow on trees"
She had me right there and I simply could not go to sleep without finishing Logan ( LOVE the name by the way) and Rebecca's story.

I want a Logan! With scars and that killer look!

AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SIMON!!! Does he have a book??? I pray baby Jesus he does!!

But let's get it on with Jake!!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Mountain Masters series by Cherise Sinclair. Erotica with bdsm elements. I usually prefer more plot but for what this is, I liked it. I'm not a big fan of this genre but I do like to venture into it occasionally and see what's up. Hmmm, not sure if that's the right phrase to use. LOL.
Jill Myles
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cherise Sinclair is my new craaaaack.

ETA - So I liked this one, but I didn't get the HOLY CRAPS EATING MY BRAIN vibe that I did from the others? I think maybe I failed to connect to the heroine. I'm still up for reading the next one in the series, though! Can't wait!
Jane Stewart
Lots of tying up, embarrassing, and pleasuring the woman. I would have liked a little more story, but it was good.

STORY BRIEF:
Rebecca is an artist working for an ad agency in San Francisco. Her live-in boyfriend Matt joined a swingers club. He wants Rebecca to accompany him for a long weekend in the mountains with the swingers club. Rebecca has rarely been pleased with sex, so she thinks she’ll give it a try. While there, she just isn’t into it and does not join in. When she goes to her cabin to

• Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #2)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Masters at Arms (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5)
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • Meredith's Awakening (Worthington Group, #2)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Slave To Love
  • Letting Go (Awakenings Book 1)
  • Into His Keeping
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Sacred Revelations (Chronicles of Surrender, #2)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers, #3)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted. Bu

Mountain Masters & Dark Haven (8 books)
  • Simon Says: Mine (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)
  • Master of the Dark Side (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #7; 1001 Dark Nights #16)
  • Master of Solitude (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #8)
“No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for "Before Coffee.” 322 likes
“the easiest way to keep a woman over your shoulder is with a hand on her ass, and the other between her legs.” 84 likes