Start by marking “Blessed are Those Who Weep (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Blessed are Those Who Weep (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #3)

Blessed are Those Who Weep

(Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #3)

Nominated for a 2016 Barry Award for best paperback mystery ...

San Francisco Bay Area reporter Gabriella Giovanni stumbles onto a horrific crime scene with only one survivor—a baby girl found crawling between the dead bodies of her family members. Reeling from the slaughter, Gabriella clings to the infant. When Social Services pries the little girl from her arms, the enorm
Published April 7th 2015 by Witness Impulse

Julie
Blessed are Those Who Weep by Kristi Belcamino is a 2015 Witness Impulse publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! This series is just getting deeper and better as it goes along. The story starts off with a shocking murder scene which sends the already fragile Gabriella into a tailspin.

When we last touched base with crime reporter, Gabriella Giovanni, she was in a place I never expected to find her. I was curious as to
Dan
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Blessed are Those Who Weep” is a gripping mystery by Kristi Belcamino. From the opening scene of a grisly multiple murder, heroine Gabriella Giovanni pulls you into a story that goes full throttle from start to finish. While dealing with her own personal struggles, she races to save the life of a baby before time runs out. Using all of her investigative skills, Gabriella follows a trail that leads from seedy nightclubs to the halls of the Pentagon. The characters are vivid and interesting. The ...more
John W.
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
Kristi Belcamino delivers a gripping story as she brings Gabriella Giovanni to life on the pages of BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO WEEP. She gives her main character the instincts of a seasoned newspaper reporter and also shows personal feelings regarding work, love and family. The drama of Belcamino’s story unfolds when Gabriella arrives for an interview and finds 5 dead bodies and a small child. Belcamino shares Gabriella’s history and explains how her past affects. The author delves into her main char ...more
Kelly Hager
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A lot of my friends are into mysteries, and all of a sudden, it seemed like everyone was talking about this book. When that happens, I tend to pay attention.

This is the third book in a series, but it functions really well as a standalone. (I do want to go back and read the first two books, though; the first one especially tends to ricochet all through the events of this one---it didn't make me enjoy this any less, but it made me very curious to read it.)

I tend to really like books with journalis
Samantha
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Gabriella Giovanni more with each of Belcamino's books. She's a crime fighting Sophia Loren and I can't get enough of her. Every time I read a new book in this series I find myself cooking up a pot of pasta fagioli, pouring a glass of red wine, and wishing I could afford a plane ticket to San Francisco.

This installment doesn't disappoint. An especially dark crime scene leaves Gabriella in the midst a complicated and messy murder investigation. Uncovering the mystery forces her to confron
Liz
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the third Gabriella Giovanni mystery, Kristi Belcamino takes the reader on an intense hunt for both a vicious killer and the innocent child that may fall victim to his cruelty. As the danger grows for Gabriella and those who are trying to identify and apprehend the murderer, she courageously risks her life, as well as her relationship with the man she loves, in order to stop the carnage. The story is gripping and the characters are genuine. The interplay works well between Gabriella's persona ...more
Douglas Cronk
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Buy this Book!

Why?

The third novel in the Gabriella Giovanna lives up to the great promise of the first two novels in the series. All three are can't put down, page turners.
In this third installment, Gabriella is haunted by the past, to the point of jeopardizing her relationship with her fiancé, and her health.
Through it all, Gabriella perseveres, to an exciting conclusion.
I can't wait for the next novel in the series.
Literati Literature Lovers
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

At first I think she is a doll. Sitting there so still on the floor in her pink dress, chubby legs sticking out from her diaper, big black eyes unblinking, staring at something I can’t see. A ribbon hangs loose in her hair. Something that looks like chocolate is smeared around her mouth and one cheek.
. . .
“Are you in there, Mrs. Martin? It’s Gabriella Giovanni from the Bay Herald. We spoke yesterday.” Silence. As if my voice has flicked a switch, the child moves and talks, babbling. “Ma
Kathy
In the third book of the Gabriella Giovanni series, author Kristi Belcamino gives us a quite different Gabriella. Although this amazing character is someone I quickly came to love in books one and two, Gabriella has from the beginning had ghosts and demons that tore at her happiness. She has the job she loves as a crime reporter on a major newspaper in the San Francisco area, and she has a partner who is the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with. But, hanging on to her past has cost G ...more
Victoria Colotta
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kristi Belcamino delivers a riveting and suspenseful mystery that will bring you right down into the darkness that lies within human nature and the consequences of actions both good and bad.

Book Review

For reporter Gabriella Giovanni, staying away from a good story is not something that she wants to do. However, when she stumbles upon a gruesome scene and sees a baby sitting there as the only survivor, those close to her want her to step back from this one. But can she really let this go?

As the story progre
Dick
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the Gabriella Giovanni series where she makes a living as a reporter on the crime beat in San Francisco. Both told a good and entertaining story, the writing was excellent and developed the characters well. I made a connection with Gabriella and cared about what happened in her life. I realized that she was deeply flawed and that made her character all the more appealing.
In the author’s third book, Blessed Are Those Who Weep, Ms. Belcamino reaches new
Ruby Bibi
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
-All great elements for a great story and executed very well.
-You start with a driven female reporter who is having issues because of a miscarriage, and mix in a horrific murder scene where a whole family was killed with a samurai sword; a clandestine military plot; a rogue elite soldier; a Chinese martial art club along with a mysterious "suicide", and excellent writing, and this makes for a great read.
-Gabriela Giovanni, a reporter for a local newspaper in San Francisco receives a call to meet
Mason
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Opening with a gut-wrenching scene, author Kristi Belcamino quickly pulls readers into her latest release, BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO WEEP, the third installment in her Gabriella Giovanni Mystery series.

Seasoned journalist Gabriella Giovanni finds more than she bargained for when she goes for an interview. She discovers five dead bodies and a baby sitting in the blood.

When the baby girl is taken out of Gabriella’s care by a social worker, she is determined to get to the heart of the tragedy. She foll
Emily Goehner
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blessed are those Who Weep by Kristi Belcamino is a Witness Impulse publication. I was provided an advance copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This book, the third featuring San Francisco-area newspaper reporter Gabriella Giovanni, is a headline maker in its own right from the very first words. The action unfolds immediately, evolving deftly into twists and turns that wind their way through a myriad of physical locations as well as through the minds
Katie Sholty
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, miscarriage
Blessed are Those Who Weep is more than a crime novel, it contains an undercurrent of postpartum depression and PTSD that is so real that in its description that you yourself will feel the effects. Kristi Belcamino captures the mental state of a woman who has lost a child, and slips you into her shoes. Gabriella is struggling. You see it in her appearance, her thoughts, her obsessions, and her diet. At times, you will want to scream at Gabriella to get a grip, but that's the catch, PTSD and post ...more
Alexis Tanner
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Kristi Belcamino has done it again! In her third novel in the Gabriella Giovanni crime reporter series, Blessed Are Those Who Weep, Belcamino knocks it out of the park. All of the novels in this series are deep, intense, addictive stories that have you begging for the next one to drop soon. And they do! How Belcamino keeps banging out these novels so fast and having them be so good is beyond me but I am not going to question this gift horse!

Belcamino's heroine, a beautiful, quirky, witty Italian
David Pennington
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this third installment of her Gabriella Giovanni mystery series, Belcamino continues to up the ante, creating even more tension and more page-turning suspense than ever. While perfectly suitable to stand on its own for the uninitiated reader, Blessed Are Those Who Weep rewards readers of the first two books with Gabriella’s continued development as someone whose painful past serves as motivation for her pursuit of justice. It starts out with a bang of a gruesome scene, which pulls at the hear ...more
Nicole
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gabriella frustrated me this time around

I thought the mystery in this book was entertaining, but I found Gabrielle's behavior to be all over the place. Contextually, it made sense, but knowing that there were reasons for her to act the way she did didn't make me like it any better. I groaned aloud as she said and did all the wrong things time and again. I liked the note the book ended on much better, and hope that I enjoy the next release in this series more than I did this outing.
Anissa
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kristi has given us another gift with a smart, exciting story, in her highly anticipated third installment of her "Blessed" series, Blessed are Those Who Weep. Kristi keeps true to main character, Gabriella Giovanni, who is intelligent, dedicated, personable, complex, and perfectly imperfect. Gabriella becomes more likable with each book, and makes you want to join her at Nana's house for Sunday dinner! Kristi weaves the story through a series of twists and turns with ease, and you are along for ...more
Peggy
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: REMARKABLE!
Author: Now on my favorite list!

Well written, edge of you seat read! You will want this book on your list to read if not pick it up down and start reading! Once you start you will be stuck in the book not wanting to do anything! You will want to put whatever else off for the day just to keep turning those pages and to keep trying to figure it all out! If you haven't read this book yet, you're missing out on a great one! This is also the 3rd in the series!

*Received for an honest
Ann
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The third in her series was yet another non stop read for me. I finished it in one sitting. Not by choice It was such a page turner I HAD to finish before I could sleep.

This novel went a bit deeper into the characters and I felt I got to know them all even more. Great character development with a fast paced plot is a winning combination for me. I can't wait to read more by this author. I am a huge fan.

This is a must read!
Jodi
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another exceptional book in the Gabriella series!! I was sucked in with the first sentence and raced through to the end. The descriptions are so life like, it is like I am there. And that poor baby! I just knew Gabriella would become attached. I love Gabriella and Donovan and really enjoy getting to know them and watching them change and grow. I am excited to start #4 which just arrived in my mailbox!
Cindy Boepple
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great series. Gabriella is a great character and I love how real she seems as a person.
This time Gabriella has a case that is really close to home for her due to the loss of her baby.
Then at the end when you know who the killer is and find out what it went through, it was almost
Heartbreaking as to find out what his story was. This one definitely had a lot of emotions in it.
Kristin Boldon
Shelves: new, nook, 2015
A thumping good read. I enjoyed the story as well as the characters, and tore through this book in under 24 hours. It has a tremendous need-to-know-what-happens factor, both for the baby and for Gabriella. I'm very much looking forward to the next book in the series, and to seeing what Gabriella is up to in the future.
Michael Maynard
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing addition to the series, I can not wait for the next installment.

The third installment of the series has by far surpassed my expectations set previously by the other two installments (not that it was an easy feat to accomplish). I am impatiently waiting for the fourth installment.
Leila  I.
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book centers on Gabriella getting her life on track. For a while I found her to be very aggravating
but it seems Donovan helped her straighten out. Book was not as nerve wrecking as the other books,
but I still found good reading. I am now going to read #4 which is the last book in the series.
Maybe author will write more books with Gabriella and Donovan. They make a good pair.
Connie Cartwright
What a fantastic book

I've read all three books. This is by far the best. I couldn't stop reading. I had to finish it. The beginning grabs you and you are sucked to a wonderful story. I recommend this to all. Good job to Kristie Belcomino!
Sharon
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the beginning of the book but thought it slowed for a bit. I'm so glad I finished reading the book. I started to realize all that the main character was going through. A very good mystery. I'm going to purchase the next book in this series.
Kim Jamieson
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense novel

Interesting read good characters keeps you guessing. Enjoyable story. Would recommend Kristi makes characters believable. Would read other books by this author
Dazy
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Belcamino weaves an engrossing story. I loved her first two books in this series. The third installment does not disappoint. I would recommend this series for casual and avid readers alike.

• Ruby's Misadventures with Reality (Emerald City Mystery, #1)
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 10: War Stories
  • Living Victim (Delta Detectives, #1)
  • Countdown (Cassidy & Spenser #5)
  • Brotherhood of Fire (Hearts on Fire #1)
  • Finder Library Volume 2
  • Unsure (Sure Mastery #1)
  • Sanibel Seduction (Fanged Romance #4)
  • Outcast (Outcast, #1)
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • One Defining Second (Survivors’ Justice, #2)
  • Fiery Nights (Underground Encounters, #2)
  • Unmasked (Psychic Visions #14)
  • Homecoming
  • Fatal Demand (Jess Kimball Thriller #2)
  • Vestments
  • Rewrite Your Life: Discover Your Truth Through the Healing Power of Fiction
  • Hide And Seek (The September Day Series, #2)
Kristi Belcamino is a USA TODAY bestselling author, an Agatha, Macavity, Barry, and Anthony award finalist, a newspaper cops reporter, and an Italian mama who makes a tasty biscotti.

She writes books featuring strong, fierce, and independent women facing unspeakable evil in order to seek justice for those unable to do so themselves.

Gabriella Giovanni Mystery (5 books)
  • Blessed Are the Dead (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #1)
  • Blessed Are the Meek (Gabriella Giovanni Mystery #2)
  • Blessed are Those Who Mourn (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries #4)
  • Blessed are the Peacemakers (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries #5)