Start by marking “Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)

Wicked

(A Wicked Trilogy #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  28,988 ratings  ·  3,330 reviews
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world
Kindle Edition, 1st edition , 376 pages
Published December 8th 2014 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
S.E. Welsh
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  28,988 ratings  ·  3,330 reviews

Start your review of Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
Sasha Alsberg
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer wrote this book, so of course it was fantastic!!!!!
Cristina Monica
description

B-But…I usually love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s work! Her characters always feel like they could just jump off the page and stand before you, and her writing always flows perfectly with the story and pacing. Yet, this did not work for me. I had déjà vu sensations at many points into the novel, as if I’ve read this kind of story many times before, NA and its oh-so-imminent aspects aside. It actually felt like the author inspired some of her story’s constituents from The Hollows, Fever and the Nig
jessica
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
city of bones + the falconer = this book

a secret order of special individuals are tasked with hunting down the paranormal (like city of bones), which in this case are evil fae (like the falconer). everything else about this book is classic JLA. entertaining plot, fun side characters, steamy romance, and a cliffhanger you can see coming a mile away. lol.

i cant say this is my favourite book of hers. i am slowly, but surely, making my way through JLAs bibliography (i think this is book #31), and a
Wendy Higgins
Jen has done it again.
Where does she come up with this stuff?? I need to dive into her mind for a day to steal some plots, seriously.
I've read a lot of fae stories and even written one myself, but Jen's take on the fae? So fun. Just awesome.
And Tink might be my favorite character ever, hands down - I got the crazy giggles in some of his scenes.
*happy sigh*
Angela
I'm pretty sure I start off every review for a book that Jla writes by saying something along the lines of this... JLA HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! Another amazing novel. This lady can write anything. Contemporary, paranormal romance, NA lit, anything. If she published her target shopping list I would read it because I know she would make it amazing. Wicked was so wicked!!! Too me it was like the polar opposite of her Dark Elements series and I loved that (I love The Dark Elements)!I just loved that it ...more
~Poppy~
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
“What I know is there is no guarantee of tomorrow. There is no promise there will be another day or week for us. When you want something, you go for it.”

“You gave Tink a scarf. Tink is free!" He flew out into the hallway like a little cracked-out fairy, screeching, "Tink is freeeeee!”
Kassidy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*

So good! I need the sequel now!!
Wicked is a hot romance set in a world where supernatural creatures exist, and the lovers must put their lives on the line to keep the people of New Orleans safe. The setting is vivid, the characters endearing, and there is a perfect balance of danger and beauty.

Jennifer Kyle
I loved the cover but the story was...

[image error]

Ivy Morgan is a red headed Fae hunter who lives in New Orleans. She is a member of The Order protecting us humans from the lurking Fae. Ivy meets Ren Owens who is new to the area and this chapter of The Order from Colorado. They slowly fall in love all the while they are working together trying to figure out what is going on with Ancients and their plan to use the gateways to enter our world.

The writing just didn’t measure up to the Lux Series
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Tink stars!

“I'm a lot of things, but today I'm your fucking saving grace.”

photo wickedjlacollage.png

This one was a nice surprise! After seeing a handful of negative reviews on this one, I went into it with lowered expectations. I came out of this reading experience a very happy girl! And after 2 previous books I DNF'd, I need this gem of a story.

First off, this book is very much New Adult genre, so don't go into it thinking it's YA. The fact that in Chapter 1 the MC is discussing getting laid and orgasms is
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As expected, this book rocked!!🖤
Really reminded me of what the shadowhunters do but in this case they're hunting Fae and ancients.. not demons, in my opinion they're both evil creatures that give people headaches.

The entire story was fascinating and just overall kickass awesome which made it very hard for me to set it down.

As expected, Ivy and Ren are amazing and I'm already shipping them but my other favorite would seriously have to be Tink. His personality and views regarding the world arou
Georgia ♥
4 Wicked Oh my so deliciously wicked Stars

“I'm a lot of things, but today I'm your fucking saving grace.”

Kickass heroine ✓
Fae ✓
Sexy times ✓
Cliffhanger OH IT HURTS SO GOOD ✓

NEED NEXT NOW!

New Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout??

description

Another reason for my excitement...
Ren Owens is six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm.

Can't wait!!
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
“You should've warned me..."
description

Wicked is the first book in the A Wicked Trilogy. In the bustling city of New Orleans lives Ivy Morgan a college student who has dedicated her life to the Order. The Order is an organization that works to track and kill creatures. When a dashing young man named Ren Owens comes into town to help the New Orleans Chapter, Ivy is instantly smitten. Ivy is a strong heroine who will do whatever it takes to get the job done. However close Ren and Ivy are becoming, t
Lisann
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

Wicked tells the story of Ivy, a 22-year-old student from New Orleans. Since she lost her parents and her boyfriend in an attack four years ago, she lives rather isolated and lets few people come close to her because she is afraid of losing them too. While Ivy goes to university during the day, she spends her evenings hunting Fae that steal the life energy of hu
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Wicked was seductive, insanely addicting and had moments that were oh so funny.  I love picking up a Jennifer Armentrout book there's a great chance that I'm going to love the story.  But somehow I always forget how deeply immersed I become with the storyline and the characters.  So by the time I got to the end of Wicked, I couldn't help shaking my head because I had tears pouring down my face.  Again.  I don't know why I'm always shocked that I feel every single tiny moment of joy, hope and utt ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Chapter One
Sweat dotted my brow. Tendrils of red hair clung to my neck. My legs felt like I’d been sitting in a sauna. I was pretty sure there was a waterfall of sweat coursing between my breasts, and that alone put my mood somewhere between slapping someone and pushing them in front of a trolley.
It was so hot and sticky humid that I was seriously beginning to believe that New Orleans was one of the seven circles of hell and the outdoor seating area of the Palace Café was the gateway. Or the wai
Nicole
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was ok

Was it enjoyable? Yeah. Was it original? Nope.
(view spoiler)

Liz
Dec 15, 2014 rated it did not like it

Not even bothering with a long review.

Predictable.
So predictable.
Fucking awful. I could tell what would happen and in what order after 50 pages and oh-wow, it happened exactly like that. Damn, that was beyond boring.
Ivy's insta-lust and Ren's oh-so-clever remarks. It was nice with Damon, you know? It was tolerable in Sentinel, but pulling off the same shit in a third series? No. Just no.
And then the plot twists and Ivy's brilliant ideas?

The only character I liked was Merle. And even she w
Elena
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I can't say that the ending was shocking or anything, but OH MY that doesn't mean I'm by any means okay with it!

Even though I love Jennifer L. Armentrout and I adore or at least like all of her books , I was quite anxious going into this one. Excited, but anxious. There is always the chance that you won't like a book that much, even, no ESPECIALLY, if you love the author.
Wicked sounded interesting, but not that promising.
So, now I'm even happier to be able to tell you: I absolutely loved this
Jen
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult-18
Jennifer L. Armentrout never fails to surprise me. First aliens, then demigods, followed by gargoyles, and now Fae. IS THERE ANY PARANORMAL CREATURE SHE CAN'T MAKE ME LOVE?!

Probably not.

Except maybe---owls. I don't think even she could change my mind about owls. And yes, they totally count as paranormal.

WICKED is not your average Fae story but it has all the elements I have come to expect and love in a JLA book; strong characters, witty banter, a great story and face fanning roma
Stacey is Sassy
It was OK...ish

I think I set my expectations too high. I've had Wicked on my to be read list for yonky donks but never got around to reading it. Saw it on audio, and decided to give it a try. I think the biggest problem was that I would be completely distracted by...stuff, and realise I've missed the last few minutes of whatever the heck had happened. It didn't take me any longer to listen but that was because I decided to not go back and hope for the best. Maybe I should have gone back...

I didn
Lazaros
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers
By now I've read JLA a hundred times, I've read most of her books and each and every time she surprises me by how much she still has to give. She writes fun books that you just can't help liking, she is one of the best of her kind. I'm a sucker for paranormalcy.

This one was really wicked. Like really wicked and naughty. I guess maybe because it was new-adult and not young-adult like her previous paranormal works. Nonetheless, I liked it because it was action-packed and the storyline was such tha
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Jennifer L. Armentrout writes a wonderful paranormal romance with twists and turns along the way. With the New Orleans setting and the lively characters this book will have you engaged from start to finish.

Classic JLA. I kind of got hints from The Dark Elements Series and some from The Covenant Series and even some from The Lux Series. With the heroine being a fighter against some sort of evil and a love interest or two. There’s always some type of halfl
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
description

So... I started reading Wicked thinking this would be the book I vote for on goodreads Choice Awards 2015. But nope, not me. This book feels like Karen Marie Moning's Fever ugly stepsister. I tried telling myself it's me and not the book. But that's not true. Everything seems forced and underdeveloped in Wicked.

Ok, what's the book about? Faeries, evil faeries, and the Order, a secret group of people trained to hunt them down and kill them. Merida Ivy is such a warrior. She falls in love with Ren
Valerie
I adore JLA books and the biggest reason is her characters. I adore Aiden from The Covenant series. I came to love Seth as he finished that same series and spun-off to his own, Titans series. Then there's Daemon from the Lux series. He's in a league of his own. But if you take all the things I love about each of these guys and combine them into one guy, you would have Ren from Wicked.

He is gorgeous. He is snarky. He is straight forward about his attraction to Ivy. He is so sexy as he's alwa
Ash
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
so you know those books that you can't really decide how you feel about them...because they are neither good nor bad? that's this book.

I, for the most part, love JLA....I did not love this one. I couldn't connect with the characters and it seemed lacking. It got better near the end....the ending makes me actually want to read the sequel when it comes out...but only because I want to see how it turns out...not for any love for the characters.
Penny
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
actual Rating 3.5 stars

I really enjoyed this book.
I´ll keep reading the series.

Torn (A Wicked Trilogy #2)
Brave (A Wicked Trilogy #3)
Mara YA Mood Reader
Jan 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF I just find this author’s style to be too cheesy for me.
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
This is more of a 4.5 stars than full 5. Mostly because the first half of the book didn't enthrall me like the rest did.

First things first. This was my second fae book, the first being Dark Fever, which I rated one or two stars if I'm recollecting it correctly. So, yeah, fae are not usually my cup of tea. Armentrout, though, has a way of transforming every topic, creature, and event into read-worthy material. So, here we go.

The worldbuilding didn't really hit me like innovative or over-the-top o
Booknut
**Check out the original review with added content over at 21st Century Once Upon A Times**

Genre : New Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Recommend for : 18+
'"Who is it?"
(...) "How would I know? But she kind of looks like that chick from the movie Brave. You know, the one with the really curly red hair."

What. In. The. Hell.

"She's got really pretty blue eyes, though."

Though. Though? As if that somehow made up for the fact that I had frizzy red hair like a Disney character.

"S**t," said Harri
Ronak Gajjar
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, series, cover-lust
I rather had kick-start when it all started about the war between human world and faerie world. I was like yayyy - Villain Faes!
But then – poof! Nasty plotline did bite me back. *sighs*
Smuty + At time hilarious + Tink + Insta Love + Cheesy + tinge of Supernatural stuff + weak villain aspects!
Concept: 3.0/5.0
Execution: 2.5/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.25 /5.0
World Building: 2.25 /5.0
Cover: 3.25/5.0
Writing Style: 3.0/5.0
Overall: 2.25/5.0
In short, this photo says the whole damn story of part one:

• The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • Crave (Crave #1)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Shadow Series, #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Crush (Crave #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Shadow's Fall: Shadow Series, Book 4
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

A Wicked Trilogy (3 books)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)