Start by marking “Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness” as Want to Read:
Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness

Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness

A practical approach to understanding mindfulness and integrating it into your life. It can be thought of as developing the awareness skills to minimize suffering and maximize positive states. This can be a reality for you!
Published September 1st 2009 by Pesi Publishing & Media

To ask other readers questions about Cultivating Lasting Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cultivating Lasting Happiness

Start your review of Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness
Kelly
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This was given to me as a starting point to explore mindfulness. While I found much of the prose florid and far too much, the parts in between all the groan-worthy stuff about my "inner radiance" were interesting to me. The bits I liked the most dealt with the basic neuroscience of why people destroy themselves from the inside without really wanting to our meaning to. If nothing else I will be reading some more books about neuroscience. I will remember concepts like "alarm system" and "emotional ...more
Bryce
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent combination of neurological research and its application in more fully understanding and managing your mental/emotional life through mindfulness. This book is a great introduction to meditation and is full of ideas for more fully integrating spirituality into the practical aspects of living.
Peggy
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful dissection of how the emotional mind works. Rather than telling the reader how to think "happy", the author explains in great detail why we don't, and often can't, just think our way to happy.
Although the author uses the word mindfulness in the title, the book is really more about understanding the way the mind analyzes stimuli and prompts what it considers to be the correct emotional response. This analysis is frequently based on years of misinformation.
Thus, more oft
Toby
Jan 27, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fralich has a very interesting approach, he skirts the line between a lot of different faiths and beliefs and leaves his ideas open to all kinds of people with all kinds of faith. I can absorb his thoughts into my Christian faith and use them to draw closer to God and to experience God's grace more fully. But a Buddhist could find just as much for themselves, or any number of other faiths and backgrounds.

There is definitely a lot of flowery, fluffy, motivational material in the book, but there i
Tracy
Feb 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tracy by: Trinity's Book Club
Shelves: read-in-2008
Be mindfull of yourself, actions and surrondings. Stop-Breath-Reflect-Choose. It takes time. Visual Image right when you wake up. Who do you want to be?
Chloe
Useful tools; irksome prose.
Jenna
Corina Bello
May 04, 2016
GHo
Jun 30, 2016

• Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood Through Adulthood
  • Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat
  • The Greatest Beer Run Ever: A Memoir of Friendship, Loyalty, and War
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption