Start by marking “One Wish (Thunder Point, #7)” as Want to Read:
One Wish (Thunder Point, #7)

One Wish

(Thunder Point #7)

Grace Dillon was a champion figure skater until she moved to Thunder Point to escape the ruthless world of fame and competition. And though she's proud of the quiet, self-sufficient life she's created running a successful flower shop, she knows something is missing. Her life could use a little excitement.

In a community where there are few eligible singles, high school tea
Published February 24th 2015 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about One Wish, please sign up.
Wynn The Thunder Point series has been available at Audible.com since book 1 in 2013. If you’re looking for the Audible format here at Goodreads you may…moreThe Thunder Point series has been available at Audible.com since book 1 in 2013. If you’re looking for the Audible format here at Goodreads you may not find it. The format is not automatically imported into the Goodreads database. Currently, Audible titles are manually added by Goodreads members. (less)

Ingie
Written October 3, 2015

3.7 Stars - Adorable m/f in a very sweet CR genre

My first Robyn Carr romance as a 10 hrs audiobook narrated by Thérèse Plummer. I jumped right in to the seventh book-part about love, life and people in Thunder Point, Oregon.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Book #7 - One Wish is Grace Dillon, a former figure skater now a smalltown flower shop owner, and the high-school teacher Troy Headly’s love story.

I liked, enjoyed and I'm glad about my gamble to choose and download this "unknown" audiobook just becau
Auntee
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Virgin River series; fans of small town contemporaries
Another good (not great) one. I think I'm spoiled from the Virgin River series and expect these to be just as awesome. I actually got excited when I saw Denny from VR was coming to town to meet up with the hero! But I think I'll cut the author some slack now because seriously, this lady can write.:)

This one is about 27 year-old Grace Dillon, the local flower shop owner. She's a former Olympic figure skater (aka Isabella "Izzy" Grace Dillon Banks), and has managed to keep her fame under wraps in
Jonetta
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Grace Dillon owns and operates a flower shop in Thunder Point but no one knows she once was a famous champion skater. It consumed her life for many years and she'd like to keep that in the past and secret. Troy Headly is a history teacher sort of nursing his wounds after he wasn't able to win the heart of Grace's best friend Iris. She's privately in serious like with him as they decide to have an airy "friends with benefits" relationship. Yeah, ri
Shelley
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poop-on-toast
Guilty pleasure books like this get pulled out when life gets busy or stressful and my brain needs a break from being serious. This absolute stinker was my companion during game 3 of the World Series when the blood pressure needed to calm down between innings. I regret every damned page of this.

Crimes against exclamation points were committed. Grief following a miscarriage can apparently be cured in an instant with a haircut, MAC makeup, and new clothes, which is infuriating. That kind of grief
Lizzy
One Wish was another OK story in the somewhat disappointing Thunder Point series. Nothing wrong with it, it was a typical and average contemporary romance. The main characters were also adequate: Grace Dillon, a retired professional figure skater that owns a flower shop, and Troy Headly, a teacher and coach at the local high school. The plot was fair, with some dramas on Grace’s part. Their chemistry seemed fair.

Robyn Carr seems to have a good formula for writing small town romances. However
Julie
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
One Wish by Robyn Carr is a 2014 Harlequin Mira publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

We visit Thunder Point once again as we meet Grace, a woman sort of hiding out from her past. Grace lived life as an only child of a wealthy parent, thrust into the spotlight as an Olympic ice skater. But, she walked away from all that and is now running a floral shop in Thunder Point.
When her friend Iris marries after a whirlwind court
Tandie
First time trying Robyn Carr. It was just okay. I liked the MC & her beau, the end of the story was...kinda boring. Really good narrator. Maybe this just wasn't the story for me?
Karsyn
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished ~ One Wish (Thunder Point 07) by Robyn Carr
Completed 12/15
4 of 5 stars
400 page Kindle book
Expected Publication ~ Feb 24th

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

Thunder Point is one of my favorite series right now and with this one, we are back to Thunder Point with Grace, who owns a flower shop and Troy, a teacher at the high school, both of who we met in the last few books. In this one, Grace and Troy turn their friendship into a bit more, but there's a little bit of
☕️Kimberly
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and snuggle up with One Wish

Small-town romances, with a slow burn and realistic characters are your thing. Carr creates towns and characters where you want to live and make friends. Life is complicated and friendships are dear. While we get a central romance, Carr also shares side character developments and stories totally bringing us into the town.
The romance is slow burning, with character growth and development. Grace Dillon has left a glamorous yet ch
Kristine
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced readers copy of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

One Wish is book seven in the Thunder Point series. Although it is not necessary to read the first six to follow along, there are many secondary characters in the book that you may understand better if you do.

This was a typical and average contemporary romance. Although there wasn't anything that made
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
After the heartwarming highs of Virgin River the Thunder Point series has been a little underwhelming. I've been trying to put my finger on what is lacking, I think it is missing the sense of camaraderie between the residents which spills over into making that town feel like a big warm hug.

In One Wish I see glimpses of what made Virgin River so special. There is much more togetherness between the characters and an interweaving of storylines reminiscent of the best parts of Virgin River. And som
Jackie Lane
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I definitely enjoyed this book. To me, Troy was a typical man, but all of what Grace had to go through and to come out at the other ending trusting someone was wonderful. I found it funny when Troy told Grace the next time he has brain atrophy to hit him with a club.

I have not laughed so hard when reading a book as I did when the taser incident happened, I laughed through the remainder of the chapter and couldn't stop.

Troy sticking with Grace through what she went through endeared me to him. At
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

I swear this series just keeps getting better and better. One Wish was such a bittersweet love story that reached out and grabbed my heart from the very beginning. The characters in this story, heck in this town are all so well developed that it's like visiting old friends every time I turn the page. Not only do we get to meet new characters, but the previous ones that we've come to love check in and say hi regularly throughout the series.

Grace Dillon was a hard worker t
Darcy
I had a hard time buying into the romance in this book, due mostly to Troy. I think a part of it is the role that he played in the last book, starting out in this one still pining over Iris, Grace seemed an after thought. While I liked that Troy was there for Grace when her past came into play, his reaction to parts of it seemed childish, let alone his reaction to Grace's announcement. At that point I thought Grace could have done better.

A couple of things saved the book for me, one was Grace he
Susan

I've always loved reading Robyn Carr's novels and ONE WISH is the perfect way to spend the day. Just me, a big cup of coffee, and my couch, visiting my old friends in Thunder Point. It was great catching up with the other residents from previous Thunder Point books.

Robyn Carr is an awesome storyteller and I have loved every one of her books that I have read. Thunder Point always makes me feel like I'm back home and catching up with friends.

Note: I received this book free from NetGalley in excha
Beth
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
You want to read a book that makes you feel like coming home, check out Robyn Carr's One Wish .

Grace Dillon was a professional figure skater who intentionally pulled herself out of the spot light and took up ownership of a florist in the secluded town of Thunder Point. Striving for a life outside the public eye, Grace hasn't told anyone of her true identity.

Troy Headly is a teacher and coach at the local high school. When his heart was broken by Grace's best friend. Troy finds solace in spending
Kathrynn
Loved this author's Virgin River series and many of her non-series books are wonderful, too, but something about the Thunder Point series does not work for me. I don't care to read about teenage angst and young love. This book is young love. I tried to continue reading it hoping it would get better and hook me, but it didn't and I began to put off reading more and more. Finally, time to move on to something more enjoyable.

I did not care for the friends with benefits and I work all the time, but
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I love my visits to Thunder Point and this book was another satisfying entry. While not as compelling as some of the earlier books, it manages to endear the members of the community while highlighting the two individual, Grace and Troy.

There were some really funny moments in this book while Troy was trying to show Grace how to live a little and have fun. The story highlights one of the things people don't think about when they see young celebrity sports stars....they sacrifice
Silvia
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

I loved this romantic story of high school teacher, Troy, and of his lady love, Grace, owner of a small but successful flower shop in Thunder Point. Secrets from Grace's past threaten to wreak havoc on her and Troy's new relationship. How will Troy handle his insecurities when he is faced with all that Grace has left behind? So far, this has been my favorite book of the Thunder Point series. I loved it!
Wendy
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4000-books, feb-17
Loved this 7th book in her Thunder Point series!
Julianna
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary Small-Town Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" One Wish wasn't a absolutely perfect read for me, but IMHO, it was better than all three of the Thunder Point books that were released last year. A large part of my enjoyment of this story had to do with me actually feeling the connection between Troy and Grace more palpably than any of last year's couples. Even though their relationship begins as a friends with benefits arrangement, it was easy to sense that their feelings ran much deeper, even if they hadn't
Kathleen
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We first meet Grace and Troy in The Homecoming.... Troy thinks he's in like with Iris, Grace's friend, but she was in love with Seth. Grace is a former Figure Skater who was Gold medal Champion, and Troy is a History teacher at the local High School. There path crossed on many occasion and in a town were the pickens were slim for single folks, well let say that these two single people gravitate to one another. They are not looking for romance, but it finds them just the same. The figure they wil ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
One Wish is the latest in the Thunder Point series. Like the previous books it features the romance between two main characters, visits from characters in previous books and the introduction of new character that will probably be featured in future books in the series.

One Wish is a great set up for Troy and Grace’s story. It does not take them long to see that they belong together. If that was all the book was about it would be a novella not a novel. Instead it quickly becomes about Grace’s past
Krista
After the last installment of this series, I told myself I wouldn't get anymore. I forgot since I automatically buy anything from Robyn Carr. One Wish was better than the last one...but not great. I can't get over how alive, warm and memorable the Virgin River characters are, and how flat, boring, and forgettable these characters are. All of the dialogue, the "voices" are the same. Each character sounds like each other, so it's hard to separate them. And they all seem to drone on and on... I am ...more
Stacee
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was looking for a new fun, fluffy author and this sounded like a great premise. Sadly, I was pretty disappointed.

Grace and Troy were decent enough characters. I liked their relationship in the beginning. As Grace's back story is revealed, the dramatics kept getting worse and more clichéd. At about 80%, I ended up skipping to the end and reading backwards.

I can definitely see the appeal of the series, but it wasn't for me.

**Huge thanks to Mira Books for providing the arc in exchange for an h
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this authors style of writing. I liked everything about this book, the action, the pace, the relationship, the small town camaraderie, the humor, the issues. Another great addition to the series. Gracie has re-built herself into a flower shop owner and high school teacher friend Troy appoints himself as her fun coach.
Robin Franks
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love her Virgin River series and haven't been as crazy about this series. They are good, but I just love those Virgin River characters. This book read more like that series. I love when she has a main story line and then other lesser stories mixed in. Again, this was an enjoyable book.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's hiding from past
He wants to have fun with her
Then it gets scary

Usual Carr depth
Both of them must overcome
I love this series!
Peggy Eddens
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming!

I loved the characters and how their stories evolved. Another great literary effort by Robin Carr. She never disappoints me.
Belkis
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audios-done
Another nice story for this comfort series :)

• One True Heart (Harmony, #8)
  • Miracle Road (Eternity Springs, #7)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • Redemption Bay (Haven Point, #2)
  • When We Met (Fool's Gold, #13)
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Swan Point (The Sweet Magnolias #11)
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND will be release in April 2019. Robyn is a recipient of the Roma ...more

Thunder Point (9 books)
  • The Wanderer (Thunder Point, #1)
  • The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2)
  • The Hero (Thunder Point, #3)
  • The Chance (Thunder Point, #4)
  • The Promise (Thunder Point, #5)
  • The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6)
  • A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8)
  • Wildest Dreams (Thunder Point, #9)
“Women alone have to be smart, strong and durable. We don’t bruise easy. And we can’t waste time and energy feeling sorry for ourselves. We might want to collapse, but we don’t. Probably no one would pick us up!” “You,” 0 likes
“It’s not like I didn’t feel sorry for myself sometimes. I’ve cried my heart out. Sometimes I cried till I couldn’t stand up straight. It’s just that I never cried like that in front of anyone.” “I” 0 likes