Start by marking “Huckleberry Harvest (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #5)” as Want to Read:
Huckleberry Harvest (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #5)

Huckleberry Harvest

(The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill #5)

Anna and Felty Helmuth’s zest for matchmaking is unstoppable—and with grown-up grandchild number three on her way to their home in lovely Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, what better reason to put their talents to work once more?...

Published May 26th 2015 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Huckleberry Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Huckleberry Harvest

Jeanie
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
‘The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill’ series continues to amaze me! Huckleberry Harvest is the fifth book in this series by Jennifer Beckstrand, and each one is better than the last. This one is funny, poignant, and refreshingly transparent; the author has candidly written about a difficult subject with love and dignity.
Anna and Felty Helmuth have been married for more than six decades, and ‘retired’ (not!) to beautiful acreage on top of Huckleberry Hill. Anna’s current goal is to see all of he
J.C. Morrows
I can not believe I'm late reviewing THIS book! Jennifer - you should smack me.

But seriously... I thought I had already reviewed it. It was only when I went looking for the review that I realized why it wasn't there.

OOPS!

I know I literally say this about every book Jennifer puts out but I seriously think this is my favorite so far!

And... Oh my word how do I write this review without giving anything away...

I don't know how Jennifer does it – I mean she comes up with these wonderful stories that a
June Jacobs
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW: FIVE STARS * * * * *

The publisher granted me digital access to this book through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. I received no compensation for reading the book or for posting this review here or on any other site.

I have previously read three of the books from this Amish fiction series called ‘The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill’. I absolutely adore the delightful core characters in this series! Anna and Felty Helmuth are octogenarian grandparents on a mission to find ma
Tina Watson
Anna and Felty Helmuth are at it again! They're matchmaking their grown-up granddaughter, Mandy, to a suitable husband.

Mandy's first day in Bonduel, WI, she is taking care of business for her broken hearted best friend Kristina, by visiting the young man who broken Kristina's heart. What Mandy does not know is that Noah Mischler will be at her grandparents Helmuth's house the next morning to switch cooking stoves along with group of young men, who are bachelors.

Noah Mischler is a young handy ma
Maureen Timerman
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I received my copy of Huckleberry Harvest a little while ago, I didn’t open it right away, it was like a piece of candy that you absolutely love, but savor and save for a few days. I knew what I was going to find once I open the pages, and sure was not disappointed, just didn’t want it to end.
This is Granddaughter Mandy’s story, and Annie and Felty are at it again, of course. Annie has away with cooking, that would bring tears to the eyes of any cast iron stomach, but she is so delightful that p
Dawn
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever found an author who makes you want more and more of her books to read. Jennifer is one author who pulls you directly into her story from the beginning to the end. In Huckleberry Harvest we continue the matchmaking of Anna with a reluctant Felty. The story main characters are Emma and Ben. Ben broke off their engagement and move to Florida. When the truth finally comes out Faith is what brings them together. If you love stories that keep you reading then The Matchmakers of Huckleber ...more
Pat
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Please see my review in the June Issue of RT Book Reviews Magazine.
Audrey
Apr 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fair rating since I only read the first chapter or so. I wasn't amused at the idea of having relatives trying to matchmake.
Candia Davis
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little slow to take off but it was worth the read.
Rhonda
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is almost impossible for readers not to fall in love with dear grandparents, Anna and Felty Helmuth! She is the world's most horrible cook and avid knitter! He must have lost all ability to taste as he is the only person alive to enjoy her cooking and he has the sweetest disposition. Anna is once again up to her matchmaking with the grandchildren and this time, Mandy, is the target for Cupid's (or Anna's) arrow. The poor unsuspecting fellows are lured to their home with promises of cookies an ...more
Nancee
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nancee by: quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net
The Huckleberry Hill matchmakers are at it again! Anna and Felty Helmuth's granddaughter is visiting for a month, and Anna is determined to find Mandy a husband during that time. Jennifer Beckstrand adds hilarity to a serious plot! Some serious issues arise in this author's latest novel, but I laughed aloud several times as unique humor is interwoven with a complex series of events.
The characters throughout Huckleberry Harvest are colorful and varied, the Amish countryside lush and alive! Noah
D.J.

WOW! Just when I think I can guess what Anna’s going to do next – I get a BIG surprise!

Of course, we know how she enjoys matchmaking... and so far she’s been very successful. This time I think it’s possible she was trying a bit too hard -- she certainly was surprised when one of the boys she tried to match her granddaughter with wasn’t Amish!

This time Felty steps in and tries his hand at matchmaking! As usual, Anna does her thing, pulling him along for the ride. But this time something's differe
Dianne
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
I have never been a believer in a faith or a higher being. However, the more I read of this gentle genre - and most especially of this particular author, the more I wonder. Ms Beckstrand does not hit you over the head with a sledgehammer to get her religious points across, she uses humor, compassion and common sense to make her points AND tell her story.

Also another thing I love about these books and especially this one, is that she takes a very important and timely story-line and sort of mixes
Cheryl Baranski
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Huckleberry Harvest (Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series) by Jennifer Beckstrand. Jennifer Beckstrand has done it yet again! She has written another delightful story with Anna & Felty. Hop aboard this roll-a-coaster of a book and enjoy this story. This story has so much in it Love, laughter, heartache, pain, hope, faith and devotion. The unexpected things that happen in this story will leave you wanting for more and more. Anna is always trying to match make with one of her grandchildren. ...more
Gail
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book but was very tense regarding what happened between Mandy and Noah - I din't think they would ever get their relationship healed and get together - I was so impressed how Jennifer Beckstrand, the author, brought about the lesson of humility and how important that is in our life and that we don't have to carry burdens by ourselves. We also learned how important it is to not jump to conclusions, give people a chance to explain and listen to the other side of the story. We ...more
Darlene Wilson
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
When Mandy Helmuth hears that her best friend Kristina’s heart has been broken, she decides to visit her grandparents and cheer her up. Mandy never liked Noah Mischler anyway, with his rough exterior and outspoken ways. Unfortunately, she can’t avoid him—especially after he saves her life…
If he weren’t helping Felty with home repairs, Noah would be more than happy to stay away from uppity Mandy Helmuth. Of course, then he wouldn’t have been able to rescue her—and she wouldn’t have had the chance
Valerie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good story. It showed that people are people in every walk of life, and don’t always handle trials healthily. This was the story of Mandy and Noah, and Mandy’s ‘friend’ Kristina. She drove me crazy! I liked that Felty was the matchmaker this time!
Josephine
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that this series is not only about matchmaking, it introduces life's trials.
Tricia Martinez
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Favorite Yet

I love this sappy series. The lighthearted humor just leaves you feeling good. This is my favorite in the series so far.
Deann Doolittle
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book! Loved how humorous it was. Looking forward to reading more.
Roberta
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The funniest one yet!
Marilyn
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Huckleberry Harvest is another 5 stars book by Jennifer Beckstrand.

Anna and Felty Helmuth's granddaughter, Mandy Helmuth, is in Bouduel, WI to cheer up her friend, Kristina. Mandy believed Kristina about Noah Mischler breaking up with her until gradually the truth is revealed through some very childish antics by Kristina and other friends toward Noah?

Anna is more determined than ever to see that Mandy is married before she goes back to her family in Ohio. Anna takes Felty along as she goe
Kristina
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Huckleberry Harvest by Jennifer Beckstrand is such a charming book. Anna and Felty Helmuth are matchmaking again. This time they want to find someone to marry their granddaughter, Mandy Helmuth. Mandy is visiting from Charm, Ohio for four weeks (five if Anna has her way). Anna plans to introduce Mandy to every eligible male within 50 miles (at least).

Noah Mischler is the man who can fix machines. He does a lot of different odd jobs around the area. Felty has Noah fixing their roof. Mandy meets
Sunnie
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anna and Felty Helmuth are grandparents who love their grandchildren. They would do anything to make sure that their grandchildren are all happily married to the perfect person. This book is part 5 of the Huckleberry Hill series which takes place in Bonduel, WI. This is an Amish village that I have visited myself which makes the book special for me. This book will be available in May 2015.

Mandy comes to visit Anna and Felty as well as her best friend, Kristina from her home in Charm, Ohio. No so
Wendy
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
When Mandy Helmuth hears that her best friend Kristina's heart has been broken, she decides to visit her grandparents and cheer her up. Mandy never liked Noah Mischler anyway, with his rough exterior and outspoken ways. Unfortunately, she can't avoid him--especially after he saves her life...

If he weren't helping Felty with home repairs, Noah would be more than happy to stay away from uppity Mandy Helmuth. Of course, then he wouldn't have been able to rescue her--and she wo
Pam Burke
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
As I've said in previous reviews -- you can count on a Jennifer Beckstrand "Huckleberry (anything)" book being an great read.

Huckleberry Harvest is the best yet of Anna and Felty Helmuth's adventures in matchmaking for their unsuspecting grandchildren. Anna's cooking, knitting, and scheming, along with Felty's subtle cunning provide the setting for a touching story that mixes deep feelings with a healthy dose of humor.

Jennifer has taken a common premise through five books, but has kept the stor
Lynda
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
I absolutely LOVE this series. An Amish grandmother who knits like crazy -- in bright colors yet but even her bishop doesn't deny her the pleasure of her many colors. She also delights in find the "perfect" spouse for her grandchildren.

I have to warn you that Mammi is a bad cook. And a delight. I tend to chuckle and laugh out loud while reading about her.
"Tomorrow morning we're having Eggs Benedict. I've never made it before, but the picture in my recipe book looks delicious. I just have o fig
Tina at Mommynificent
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Huckleberry Harvest was a particularly funny installment in the series because Anna has gotten a little too sure of her giftedness in the matchmaking department, so much so that she begins matching her granddaughter Mandy without exactly having a match in mind for her. She completely ignores wise Felty's suggestion and proceeds to bring every eligible young man to Huckleberry Hill to meet Mandy while completely ignoring Noah, the young man Felty keeps hiring to do odd jobs around the house. Whil ...more
Angela
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 in a series, but no need to read the books in order, nor start at the beginning. Grandparents Anna and Felty join forces yet again to make a love match between a beloved young relative and a Bonduel citizen.

The story depicts young love at its sweetest, and mature love at its best. Beckstrand writes with humor, tenderness, and honesty. I love the characters and dialogue, and always, always the adventuresome comedy!

I highly recommend the Huckleberry series for young and old alike,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Proposal at Siesta Key (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #2)
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt (Seasons of the Heart #4.5)
  • A Simple Hope (Lancaster Crossroads #2)
  • Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge, #2)
  • The Beekeeper's Son (The  Amish of Bee County, #1)
  • A Faith of Her Own
  • Anna's Crossing (Amish Beginnings #1)
  • Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1)
  • The Amish Blacksmith
  • A Woodland Miracle (The Amish Wonders #2)
  • First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice (The Amish Classics, #1)
  • An Amish Miracle
  • Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley, #3)
Jennifer Beckstrand is the RITA-nominated, award-winning Amish romance author of The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and The Honeybee Sisters series for Kensington Books. Huckleberry Summer was nominated for the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award and the 2015 RITA® Award, and Huckleberry Hill won the 2014 LIME Award for Inspirational fiction. Both Huckleberry Hill and Huckleberry Chris ...more

The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill (9 books)
  • Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1)
  • Huckleberry Summer (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #2)
  • Huckleberry Christmas (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #3)
  • Huckleberry Spring (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #4)
  • Huckleberry Hearts (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #6)
  • Return to Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #7)
  • A Courtship on Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #8)
  • Home on Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #9)
“Even when we sin, even when our trouble is of our own making, Jesus doesn’t abandon us.” 0 likes