Start by marking “The Talon of the Hawk (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Talon of the Hawk (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)

The Talon of the Hawk

(The Twelve Kingdoms #3)

A HEAVY CROWN

Three daughters were born to High King Uorsin, in place of the son he wanted. The youngest, lovely and sweet. The middle, pretty and subtle, with an air of magic. And the eldest, the Heir. A girl grudgingly honed to leadership, not beauty, to bear the sword and honor of the king.

Ursula’s loyalty is as ingrained as her straight warrior’s spine. She protects the
Published May 26th 2015 by Kensington

Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Stars

Overall Series – 3.5 Stars
Mark of the Tala - 3.5 Stars
Tear’s of the Rose - 3.5 Stars
But if it came to your life or mine, I’d choose yours.”

Ursula’s tale is one of love and sacrifice, she has given more than anyone realizes for family and country.

I love it when a story comes full circle and closes all of the threads nicely. Talon of the Hawk not only tells Ursula’s story but it also definitively closes up any threads left hanging from The Mark of the Tala and Tears of the Rose. By t
Stephanie Raffel
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A magnificent and satisfying conclusion to this epic trilogy! I am delighted to have received an ARC.

Defend, parry, attack, retreat, regroup
The mantra of a princess? Hardly, unless you are Ursula, heir to the High Throne of the Twelve Kingdoms, a honed and lethal warrior and tactician. It’s very lonely at the top though. She is separated from her sisters, bound by duty, honor and responsibility for others, battle-hardened and the respected commander of her elite Hawks, but never quite reachi
Regina
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Every time I finish a book in this series and declare it better than the last, I feel like I'm betraying my past self but DAMN THIS BOOK IS FANTASTIC. I had The Tears of the Rose on my best of 2014 list, but honestly, this book eclipses it, in terms of the gravity of Ursula's story and the payoff of the ongoing mythology of the Twelve Kingdoms. And Harlan is by far my favorite hero of the series. Damn.
Alexia Chantel
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Talon of the Hawk is a 5 star fantasy romance read. Kennedy displays her writing skill by humanizing a cold untouchable warrior and letting us see her as a woman and a sister. This series just keeps getting better and better!

We first met Andromeda and were introduced to the Tala. From book one the Tala were shown as these outsiders that held mysterious powers and were to be feared while the High King ruled his kingdoms with an iron fist but at least they were safe. Throughout Andy and Ami’s
Ren Puspita
4 stars

To be honest, it been a while (or years) since I read The Mark of the Tala (Twelve Kingdoms, #1) by Jeffe Kennedy and The Tears of the Rose (The Twelve Kingdoms, #2) by Jeffe Kennedy , book 1 and 2 respectively from The Twelve Kingdoms series. While the world building is not magnificent, I did enjoy read Jeffe Kennedy's story and always search for a good fantasy romance. The Twelve Kingdoms is about three sister, Princess Andromeda or Andi, the shy and awkward that become Queen of Tala at first book. Then, Princess Amelia or Ami, a naive and too bright person that finally grow mature at second book. And no
Dark Faerie Tales
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dark, high fantasy with erotic romance. A little slow at times but for the most part was an engaging read that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Opening Sentence: The bright pennants of Ordnung, High King Uorsin’s rampant bear topping them all, snapped in the cool breezes from the high mountain peaks.

The Review:

The Talon of the Hawk is the last novel in the Twelve Kingdoms Trilogy. It does a nice job of wrapping up the series but it spends a lot of time
Yzabel Ginsberg
[I received a copy of this novel through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.]

This book concludes the “Twelve Kingdoms” trilogy (at least, I think it does, as I'm not aware of a fourth book being in the works). Just as Andromeda and Amelia had their novels in the series, this time Ursula gets hers, too. Ursula, the elder sister and Heir to the throne, fiercely noble and loyal, trying to do what she feels is right, upholding her rank without overstepping it. Ursula, who always did her bes
Jen Davis
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh wow. Jeffe Kennedy really takes it to the next level with this third book in her Twelve Kingdoms series. I didn’t realize that I needed Ursula’s book until I started reading it and I’ve got to tell you, this book is not for the faint of heart.

So far, we’ve only seen Ursula through the eyes of her younger sisters. We know she is strong and powerful, almost masculine. The heir to their father’s throne, she leads armies, she eschews relationships, and she demonstrates unwavering loyalty to the k
Carien
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
I absolutely love the first two books in this series, so I was very excited to get an ARC of The Talon of the Hawk.

Now I will have to confess that I had a difficult relationship with Ursula in the previous books, especially in book one. Half the time I liked her, and half the time I wanted to kick her for being a big bossypants to her sisters. So even though I longed for this book ever since finishing The Tears of the Rose, I was wondering if I could love Ursula as much as her sisters.

I shouldn'
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Loyalty cannot be bought, but it can be swayed. Ursula is the oldest child of the High King Uorsin. She's also the current heir for the twelve kingdoms. She is loyal to a fault and derides mercenaries whose loyalty can be bought by coin. Ursula in a losing war. Her values are not in alignment with how she is behaving which is causing her constant inner turmoil. The phrase which comes to mind for Ursula is "Lie to Me".

Many may think Ursula is a brave heroine constantly sacrificing for her sister
Blodeuedd Finland
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
To be fair, I was never a fan of Ursula. She seemed like her father's child. The warrior princess who will follow duty. But the facade began to fall apart in this one. Sure she was still loyal, but also started to see reason. And I understood why she kept up that I am strong, I do as I am told thing....

So we all know by now that the king is an a-hole, and trust me, if you think he could not get any worse...oh you are mistaken, he is truly a tyrant. How Ursula still can follow him, oh I wondered,
Douglas Meeks
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This 3rd book and the end of the main story of the 3 sisters was exceptional but at times since due to many hints along the way you kind of knew what was going to happen in general at the end it makes the readers want to scan ahead but too many things are going on to allow that luxury :)

The story was deeper and overlapped the other 2 stories much more while dealing with a lot of internal things for Ursula to work through but a lot of emotion in this part of the story.

Bottom Line: Without writing
Books In Brogan
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book I hadn’t read the first 2 books yet but that didn’t detract from my enjoyment of this one. I am going to get the other because the writing was very well done and the world building clearly laid out so the reader didn’t miss anything without reading the others in the series. If you like the Chronicles of Elantra series you will love this one. I have tried to find other books as good them and finally I have found one.
Dr susan
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Ursula was less annoying than Amelia, her willful blindness was difficult to understand. Harlan is a great character and the best part of The Talon of the Hawk. The world building continued to be magical, and the villains proved approriately evil. The trilogy is an enjoyable romantic fantasy, but I don't think I will reread it.
MindaCat
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am not able to describe what this book is like (too much emotions going on), but I can tell a few things of how it felt to read this book (and the whole series):

-I got locked out of my apartment because I were so occupied with this book that I forgot that I had such responsibilities as remembering my keys
-I read this series back to back and I already want to reread
-I haven't been able to think about anything else than this book for a few days now and I know that I will think about this still i
Maghon Thomas
Sweet baby Jesus! I was kind of mind blown reading this one. You see, in the first book, I didn't like Ursula at all. Some non savory words come to mind for her. LOL Then, in the second book, I really started to like her at the end. I was Mad at Ami, so Ursula didn't make me so frustrated. LOL But this book, wow! I am so impressed that this woman has made it out alive. Dear God, the unthinkable happened, and then another unthinkable happened, and I seriously weeped for her. I sat there with tear ...more
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on May 26 2015 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

In a Flutter: Brilliant!
Fluttering Thoughts:
Worldbuilding: The fantasy world of The Twelve Kingdoms is rich, beautiful, uber well put together. I loved Annfwn beyond measure, its shape-shifting citizens and magic, but the other kingdoms were nothing to scoff at either. Beautiful landscapes, gorgeous castles, all kinds of interesting people – like the very Viking-like delicious Dasnarians xDDD -. Much, much awesome!!
Characters: I will co
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Note: this is the third book in a series where each book builds upon the events of the previous one. The books are best enjoyed when read in order.

The third book of the Twelve Kingdoms opens just after the concluding events of the previous story. Princess Ursula returns to Ordnung and High King Uorsin to discover the land and palace filled with foreign soldiers. Uorsin's mental health appears to be deteriorating at a rapid pace and publicly makes it clear that his kingdom will not go to Ursula.
Melanie
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2016, fantasy, 4-stars
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

This is the third and finally book in The Twelve Kingdoms Trilogy. This one is told from the eldest sister’s POV. The story starts pretty much where the second book ends. Ursula insists on going back to Castle Ordnung without her youngest sister, or more importantly, her sister’s son. She quickly notices that much has changed since she was last in Ordnung.

Ursula quickly notices that her guards are few and far between and that there are new guards manni
Shauni
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Welcome to the Twelve Kingdoms.. The Talon of the Hawk is book three and if I read it right the last book in this trilogy. BUT according to Author Jeffe Kennedy, there will be at least two more books.. *Doing the Happy Dance* Now I have time to go back and read books one and two.

The Twelve Kingdoms have been united by finesse, brute strength and magic but the power that holds the throne has become corrupt (if he wasn't always) and the Kingdoms are shattering
Paris
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

In less than a week I devoured this trilogy, finishing this final book in one evening. I didn’t have a choice, I had to know how things ended for the sisters and I had to get Ursula’s story. I never truly understood Ursula’s unwavering loyalty to her father until I read this book. So much is revealed here and I felt so horrible for her. I wanted to hug her. I always thought Andi had it the worst of the three sisters, but after reading this, I think that being hated by her fat
Kerr
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
description

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Publish date: 26th May 2015

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog

I don’t know if this is last in the series, I can’t see what else would happen and we’ve run out of sisters, but at the end of this there were just so many loose ends! I seriously did consider that I was missing some chapters, certainly an epilogue. As I neared the end I was convinced there’d be anoth
WildAboutBones
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on_cover_reveals
4.5 stars! A Medieval bad boy & new BBF

This is the story of a rabbit (Harlan) and a hawk (Ursula)…loyalty and betrayal…love and disappointment…shifters and magic…set in the medieval fantasy world of the Twelve Kingdoms…and the Thirteenth. I’m so sad this series is now finished. But wait! A prequel has just been released. *Happy dance*

I appreciate having the maps before the start of the story. It only took two paragraphs, and I was back immersed in the Twelve Kingdoms.

This is written in first
Julie Fine
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was a little apprehensive about this book because, the truth is, I really wasn't a fan of Ursula's going in. My opinion had definitely softened a bit in Tears, but I still worried that no matter what the trip into Ursula's life (and head) would reveal, it wouldn't make me like her any better. And this is why I should never worry about a story when it is in the hands of someone as talented as Jeffe Kennedy. I came out the other end of Talon not just liking Ursula, but, quite possibly, finding h ...more
Tracy
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this series! I think this last book was my favorite, but in truth I did enjoy them all. I love the medieval fantasy world! That brings together two of my favorite things - that time period and a world where magic and the paranormal can exist within it! I thought the incorporation of shape shifters and magic was well done.

I loved the romantic relationships in each book. Rayfe (book 1) and Ash (book 2) were great but Harlan (book 3) was the absolute best in my mind! I really a
Heather
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
FAVORITE SERIES OF THE YEAR!!!

The way that Jeffe Kennedy features each sister in each one of her book is absolute genius! I fell in love with Andi and Ami in the first two books, and was so excited to read the third from Ursula's perspective. I love a book with a strong female character. Ursula was always my favorite character, she was strong, brave, and sure of herself and her future...or so you think. The third book shows the vulnerability of the fierce warrior Ursula.

Usually trilogy's seem so
Abra
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
The cover of this book reminds me of:
description

What soldier fights in a leather bustier?

This book was a big disappointment after the previous two. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail because if you've read the first two books, you'll still want to read this one.

Basically, I think the romance took up way too much space in a complicated story. This is particularly true of the lame romantic conflict at the end. This book is at its climax and the story for all three books is being wrapped up and suddenly
Leah
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This was definitely my favorite book of the series. I had a hard time connecting to both Andi and Ami in their books (although I did end up enjoying both by the end), but didn't have that problem with Ursula. I don't know if it's because she's the eldest and therefore more mature or what. This book was also the culmination of everything that has been building through the two previous books, and I really liked how everything was resolved. All in all, a really good fantasy/romance series!
Mina Khan
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I really, really LIKE this series by Jeffe Kennedy, but The Talon of the Hawk is my favorite book. It has everything I could ask for in a great read -- awesome characterization (I always knew Ursula was strong, but didn't realize how strong & vulnerable she truly was), wonderful secondary characters, heart melting romance, evil evil villains, plots and twists that just kept the tension tight and me reading....loved it!
Maggie Boyd
Not as good as the first book in the series but an interesting read none the less. See my full review here.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 20, 2015 12:34PM

• The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • Spy's Honor (Hearts and Thrones, #2)
  • Clash of Storms (Legends of the Storm, #3)
  • Silent Storm (Pacific Passion)
  • Queen of Wands (Sanctify, #2)
  • Fantasy Fiesta 2011: Antologi Cerita Fantasi Terbaik 2011
  • Seasons of Sorcery: A Fantasy Anthology
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5)
  • Wicked Lies (Dark Mission #4.5)
  • Heroes' Reward (Hero, #7)
  • Ein
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Heart Change (Celta's Heartmates, #8)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
  • You Again (You Again, #1)
I also write books under the name Jennifer Paris.

Represented by Sarah Younger at Nancy Yost Literary Agency.

The Twelve Kingdoms (3 books)
  • The Mark of the Tala (The Twelve Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Tears of the Rose (The Twelve Kingdoms, #2)