Start by marking “The Way We Fall (The Story of Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Way We Fall (The Story of Us, #1)

The Way We Fall

(The Story of Us #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a twisted and passionate love story that pushes the boundaries of loyalty.

Maybe we shouldn’t have fallen so fast and so willingly.

Maybe we shouldn’t have moved in together before we went on our first date.

Maybe we should have given our wounds time to heal before we tore each other to shreds.

Maybe we should have never
Published February 20th 2015 (first published February 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Way We Fall, please sign up.
Luv Book 2 is out for sale

Book 2 is out for sale

The Way We Break (The Story of Us Book 2) is out. Fair warning it ends in a cliffhanger and the third book isn't being released until August 2015. So be prepared to be frustrated. My advice is to wait until the third book is available and then read both second and third books of this trilogy. (less)
Luv Yes and the third book of the trilogy isn't due out until August 2015. I was screaming in frustration when I finished reading the second book at 3AM t…moreYes and the third book of the trilogy isn't due out until August 2015. I was screaming in frustration when I finished reading the second book at 3AM this morning. (less)

Start your review of The Way We Fall (The Story of Us, #1)
Sophie's Reading Corner
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional
**3.5 - 4 ThisIsTooMuch Stars**

I don't know where to start from. This book was really intense and it will make you feel. Various emotions will probably pass through you. You may get mad, frustrated, heartbroken, depressed, happy, confused, maybe even disgusted.The only certain is that it will make you feel!

Houston is Hallie's older brother. Rory is Hallie's best friend and she was in love with Houston ever since she was 11. They share a really long and painful past. A past built in a tra
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
The Way We Fall is a story of hurt and betrayal of love and longing. It's filled with all kinds of juicy little secrets...some that will break you and some that will build you back up.

The story is told mainly in the present but it also takes us back to some pivotal points in the past. Rory and Houston essentially grew up together and that whole time Rory has had a crush on Houston. It's basically unrequited until Houston returns home from college to discover that Rory has grown up. Unfortunatel
Cristina
Where do I begin?

It's ends with a cliffy. (It wasn't even a pretty one -- (view spoiler))

The hero, Houston, is one BIG asshole. I don't care if he's 'broken'. (Btw, he got married in the five years of separation.) He's still married when he hooks up with the heroine as well.

The main chick, Rory, needs some growing up to do. "Weak" is a one way to describe her.

Here's what bugged me:
I don't know why Rory didn't move on. (She's still in love with Hous
Candace
***I received a complimentary ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

'The Way We Fall' was a much more emotional story than I had anticipated. A second-chance romance story, I found myself really rooting for Rory and Houston. I wanted these two to work out their differences so badly. It seemed like every time I thought they were finally going to get it together, another bomb would drop.

Despite their obvious and undying love for each other,
Shannon Moore
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well colour me intrigued! I listened to this book on audio and it's definitely one of the better ones I've come across.

Character wise, I loved Rory, always. My predicament was more with Houston, the problem being even though he made some stupid/bad decisions, wasn't always a great person or said he wrong things (both past and present).... Quite often .... I still really like him. I'm still really routing for him! That'll show you how well developed this story is.

The plot is great and the entir
Beverly
"I Hope it Never Ends"

photo tumblr_inline_n7tphpj3mp1srtrbm_zps51887c95.gif

Where to start? Let's see, If you are a fan of Cassia you know how intense her stories are. Her stories are all about emotions. Betrayal, lies, love, tragedy, secrets. All the real emotions that you can really relate to. "The Way We Fall" is no different.

crying photo 810553_zps3d302c32.gif

Rory and Houston story is so complicated. Definitely life hasn't been fair with them, but there's no doubt that the still love each other so much!

crying photo 786608_zpsab32b672.gif

The writing is amazing. Characters are strong, lovable and
Boo
May 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
It's not very well written and it's populated exclusively with unlikeable characters.

(view spoiler)
Julie
**ARC** Kindly Provided by Gloss Publishing through Netgalley

5 This doesn't surprise me stars!

I knew without a doubt this was going to be good! I haven't read anything of Cassia's I didn't like! This is one of those stories that pulls you in and you don't even realize how much time has went by.

It's a story of a family torn to pieces when the unthinkable happens. This is mainly between Houston and Aurora with flashbacks that include Hallie, Houston's sister and Rory's best friend.

Growing up
Envywho
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Can't wait for the second book....sigh.
Lu Bielefeld
cruel hero and jerk;
Hero married
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
**** 4.5 Complicated Stars ****

"If ever two souls were perfectly right and perfectly wrong for each other, it would be us.”

description

I don’t know what to say about this one. It will certainly make you feel. First, I have to give it to Cassia Leo because she can seriously write. She can spin difficult topics into gold. You might hate what goes on in the story, but when you read about the relationship, there is only one word to describe it. COMPLICATED.

"I was always ready to belong to Houston. But I
Tangerine
Feb 19, 2015 rated it did not like it

DNF @ 50%

This just didn't work for me. Nothing about it was working. Won't be reading anything else by this author...
Amanda
 photo da3b031d345be1fa23a11bdd86be7717_zps5qkubftf.png
Items ticked off: 15

If I had to pick one word to describe The Way We Fall it would be awkward. Not because the story is necessarily awkward in any way, but rather the entire structure and parts of the plot are. What it is, is basically a second chance story. We have two people who were together when they were younger and due to some inconvenient events, they ended up going different paths in life. When they meet five years later its a coincidence and they end up having to work together. So f
Paula Jackman
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is the first book in The Story of Us series and words cannot describe how much I loved this book. It is such a well-written story. When you read the last page, you will want to read it again.

It’s hard to talk about the book without giving away spoilers, so I will just tell you about the characters. Such strong characters, you cant help but fall in love with them. This is a touching story of love, loss, sacrifices, and broken hearts.

Houston is such a beautiful soul, but he has a secret tha
Angelina
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

The Way We Fall is not yet the end of The Story of Us but yet it is the beautiful beginning of everlasting love. They say Love is stronger in second time around. Rory and Houston story is one roller coaster journey of love, betrayal and lies. I instantly fell in love with this story, the characters and how it flows. It’s hard to talk about more without spilling some beans but I
C Jia Ming
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
I'm just going to keep this short.
We all know that lies can hurt someone you love badly. But I think that the omission of the truth still counts as a lie.
Houston keeping the big secret from Rory that caused her to break down, had an even larger impact 5 years later when he finally told her the truth.
I fell in love with this book because it wasn't the typical quick Contemp romance type.
The plot I evened out perfectly, with the exact amount of interesring element.
This book made me understand
Erin
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm still reeling from this amazing story!! I'm feeling ALL kinds of things!! It was a very emotionally charged, HOT, beautiful and intense story of love, loss, secrets, tragedy, heartbreaking tough times and touched on some very tough topics. There's some crazy going on and hello twist I didn't see coming! Oh the chest pains this book caused me! I cannot wait for more...I NEED more!!!
Maree Repa
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful and sad story how two loves can drift apart. I really loved this book how Rory and Houston can be so in love and then fall apart.

This amazing book show how their past and five years later they can turn out. I loved this amazing story and I'm so excited about reading the sequel next to find out what later happens!!
Jessika
I have no problem admitting that I enjoy a good guilty pleasure read every once in a while. And as a steamy, angsty new adult romance, The Way We Fall perfectly fit the bill.

Although certainly nothing earth shattering, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Cassia Leo's writing, given that I downloaded this for free on my Nook. I was pretty hooked to the story. Some things didn't sit perfectly well with me, but I was able to put that aside & just enjoy the story. I will say that this i
Carrie
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love The Way We Fall, Cassia Leo has out done herself yet again with this book. It's my new favorite of her's, and trust me, I'm sure you'll be saying the same by the end of the book. So in THE Way We Fall we meet Rory, she's living life to the fullest, well as well as she can after she had her heart broken five years ago. She's got a good job and has a place of her own, what else could a girl ask for right... Rory, goes to work one day and her boss needs a favor, Rory being the nic ...more
Paige
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Nicole Tillman
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not even sure where to start with this book...
If you've ever read anything written by Cassia Leo, you know how she sucks you in with intense emotions, witty dialogue, and characters that are so well rounded you instantly build a connection. Well, The Way We Fall is no different.
Rory and Houston's love story is one of a kind. I know you've probably read that on other reviews, but lemme tell ya... 'you ain't seen nothin' yet'. I've read more books than I can count and normally, I can always t
Wendy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cassia Leo knows how to write an amazing and beautiful read filled with wonderful characters and a storyline that is filled with so much emotion and intensity. My emotions is still all over the place and I love that feeling when I’m reading a book. This is a story about love, loss, tragedy, and hope. I was hooked from the first page and couldn’t put it down until the end. The main characters of Rory and Houston were so real and raw. You couldn’t help but feel a connection with them. Cassia does ...more
Irene
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cassia Leo has done it again. I thought the Shattered Hearts series was amazing but The Way We Fall had me glued to my kindle all day.

Aurora's first love Is the brother of her best friend Hallie but she is a good few years younger than Houston. When tragedy strikes this brings Rory closer to him and he is there in her hour of need.

Told in different points of view and throughout the book flows back and forth in time. But this was a good way to slowly reveal the events that will have you gasping w
Cathy
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Way We Fall, wow I thought things couldn’t get any better than Black Box but this certainly is right up there as one of my favourite books by Cassia Leo.

The two main characters Houston & Rory had me hooked from the beginning. I loved Rory’s sense of humour and spunk. I admired her confidence and independence. Houston was mysterious to me, hot but mysterious! There were so many unanswered questions in the beginning as to what had happened in the past, what was the big secret he was keeping fr
Helena Bookhooked
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series from Cassia Leo, Where we Fall, The Story of us #1.

The story is about a lost love, which was too young to last and hindered by secrets and guilt. We meet the characters Rory (Aurora) and Houston five years later when their paths accidentally cross again.

Neither one has really got over their break up especially Rory, there are emotional wounds that each have and time hasn't done anything to heal them.

Without divulging the plot (I hate spoilers) I'd like to say th
Becca
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cassia has hit another home run with this new series and I am on pins and needles waiting for the next installment.

Houston and Rory practically grew up together. Rory has been in love with her best friend's brother for as far as she can remember. Due to a tragic event that touches both of their lives, they decide to take a chance with each other. The only problem is that Houston is holding onto a secret. A secret so big, that it eventually tears them apart.

Now years later Rory thinks that she ca
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I think this was the best work I've read from Cassia Leo so far! The writing style, the pacing, the character development, everything was virtually on point!

This book is full of feels so be prepared. Everything in this book hinges on the death of Hallie. It's crazy how warped and sadly beautiful this story is shaping out to be.

Rory is Hallie's best friend and has loved Hallie's brother Houston forever. They don't end up getting involved until Hallie dies. A 6-month tumultuous affair later, they
Coco.V
Dec 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (12/20/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Maybe we shouldn’t have fallen so fast and so willingly.

Maybe we shouldn’t have moved in together before we went on our first date.

Maybe we should have never been together.

Houston has kept a devastating secret from Rory since the day he took her into his home. But the tragic circumstances that brought them together left wounds too deep to heal.

Five years after the brea
Evelyn Beaton
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy for an honest review.

The way we fall is absaloutly brilliant! As soon as I started I could not stop reading till I finished the book. I was gripped from the start.
This is book 1 and I'm in a bit of a book hangover waiting for book 2. If the others are to go by the 1st I think this might just be my fav this year!
I'm loving this style of writing, you will know when you read.
You will feel like a mixed bag of emotions reading this but such a perfectly written story and I want t
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Way We Fall (The Story of Us #1) by Cassia Leo - Starting June 11th 2017 1 10 May 29, 2017 01:23AM
Book 2? 1 23 Mar 24, 2015 06:11AM

• Laws of Attraction (The Southerlands, #7)
  • Hotshot (The Bennett Brothers #1)
  • Sharing You (Sharing You, #1)
  • When We Were Us (Keeping Score #1)
  • Keeping Katie (A Mother's Heart #1)
  • Pretty Broken Girl (Pretty Broken, #1)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (The Boys, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (The Invisibles, #1)
  • The Doctor's Secret Bride
  • Summer with a Star (Second Chances #1)
  • The Trouble with Goodbye (Fairhope, #1)
  • Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)
  • Sweet Sofie (The Moreno Brothers, #3)
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #3)
  • Forbidden Crown (Princes of Avce #1)
  • Last to Know (Willow Creek, #1)
  • Love, in Duology: The Love in English and Love in Spanish Bundle (Love, in English, #1-1.5)
  • When We Left (Timber Creek, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat

The Story of Us (3 books)
  • The Way We Break (The Story of Us, #2)
  • The Way We Rise (The Story of Us, #3)