Start by marking “Close to the Fire (Westen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Close to the Fire (Westen, #3)

Close to the Fire

(Westen #3)

They once were lovers:
After ten years of keeping his distance to the one woman he's always loved, Fire Chief Deke Reynolds is finally ready to set aside his grief and confess his guilt to Elizabeth "Libby" Wilson his part in her brother's death. Libby's own guilty secret has kept her from sharing her life with the man who stole her heart as a teen and awakened her body as
ebook
Published October 2014 (first published September 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Close to the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Close to the Fire

Silverluna
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Close to the Fire is a wonderful addition to Suzanne Ferrell’s Westen series.

I actually read this book two months ago, started a review and forgot to finish it. So I re-read Close to the Fire and quickly remembered how much I enjoyed it the first time and why I was happy to read it a second time!

Deacon “Deke” Reynolds was badly burned in a fire that killed his best friend, Bobby ten years earlier. Deke was in a relationship with Bobby’s sister; Libby at that time but his survivor’s guilt makes
Michelle
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow - This was a great read. I had it figured out a bit before the characters but I like this type of story so I could see some clues as to who was setting the fires. Great story - can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Bette Stanek
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Some things you just can't get over. For Deke there are two. In one fatal event he lost his best friend and the girl he loved. And it was all because of one guy who was addicted to the power of fire. In just a few hours Deke's live was changed forever. So was Libby's. Deke watched as his best friend died and he'll carry the guilt for the rest of his life. Now, he can't face Bill's sister, the woman he loves. He's let her down, let her brother die.

Ten years later nothing much has changed. But Li
Cindy ~
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ten years ago firefighter Deke Reynolds and his best friend Bill were trying to put out a fire started by a serial arsonist. Bill lost his life and Deke lost the woman he loved – Bill’s sister Libby - due to his guilt.

Deke is now the fire chief in the small town of Weston. He still carries the guilt with him along with the burn scars on his body. He gets by doing his job and also by agreeing to help his friend Gage coach the high school football team.

Libby is the town social worker and has a f
RaeLatte
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Close to the Fire (Westen Series, Book 3) by Suzanne Ferrell is a suspense filled romance that will leave you guessing right up till the last page. We all know that firemen are sexy and this book is no exception. Fantastic characters, a suspenseful story with lots of surprises and romance make this sexy, on-the-edge of my seat story is a must read.

Usually I read a series from the beginning. This time I jumped in at Book 3 because this copy was given to me by the author for an honest review. From
Sandra Edwards
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suzanne Ferrell Westen Series

I found the stories below to be filled with action and passion. Stories set in a small town which will take you on an enjoyable adventure of love and life.

Close To Home (Westen Series, #1)
Close to the Edge (Westen Series, #2)
Close to the Fire (Westen Series, #3)

These stories had all of the characteristics that I like to discover when finding a good book to read:

• One or more HOT alpha males
• Hot chemistry between heroine/hero
• Good story line
• Danger
• Secrets
• Go
Merle
Nov 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Good entry. In this story, old relationships and secrets keep the town's old sweethearts, Fire Chief Deke Reynolds and his high school girlfriend, Libby now the local social worker.

Someone is setting fires in town and threads connect many of the suspects. Unfortunately, many of them intersect on Deke and Libby. Everyone has searched for reasons to push Libby and Deke together, even though they both recognize that their "unfinished business" may stnd in the way of their future happiness.

Always tr
Katrina
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Westen Series has burned a place in my heart. Deke and Libby's story is one of fate, cruel circumstances and the power of Lorna! All of the characters that have been a part of this series all play a part in this book, and the community that Suzanne Ferrell has created all come together once again to work for the betterment of the citizens.

I certainly hope there is more of this series coming in the future. I love Westen, Clint and Emma, Gage and Bobby, Deke and Libby, Rachel and Kyle, and Cl
Helen
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story, this one had me from the first page it is emotional and beautiful as Deke and Libby have a lot to discuss to get to their long awaited HEA and what a great journey it is with an arsonist in town a new kid Kyle living at the halfway house and catching up with the residents of Weston, MS Ferrell writes stories that bring the characters to life on the page their emotions and lives are so real that you will feel as if you are in Weston with them all. This is the third book in ...more
Lady B
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celibate-hero
The first two heroes (Clint and Gage) were pretty nice, but they also said/thought some things that bugged me, so I was pretty wary starting book 3. Thankfully, I can't think of anything Deke said or did that really bothered me. This was a great story. I was so invested in Deke and Libby. You could really feel how much they loved (and longed for) each other. The fact that they both remained celibate during their 10 year separation was a huge bonus for me. I also liked that Suzanne threw in som ...more
Cenaida
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comtempory
Just finish reading this series and I enjoyed it greatly. I loved all of the characters story line. It was fun watching all the happens with all of the characters. Lots of romance,action and a little of suspense. Wonderful, can't wait for more on the small town of Westen. I'm looking forward to see what happen next.
Mary
Though this book was a little too rushed, especially considering the many new relationships and new added characters, the book was still very enjoyable. In five days I've completed reading all three in the series, only one add-on novella to complete. This now means I am without a Westen, Ohio fix. Suzanne Ferrell, get busy! I'm looking anxiously ahead to next installment.(xAmazon)
Suzanne Cotton
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burning up with love

Suzanne has done it again. an amazing story of love and loss. Deke and Libby's story is just that. Deke not only lost his best friend the night he was burnt by the fire, but also his love. ten years later they reunite and have to fight to keep their love from being burnt up again. Great characters, great storyline and a great series.
Suze
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CLOSE TO THE FIRE

What a great book, the town of Westen comes to life in these pages. This was Deke and Libby's story, but also Kyle's story. Right from the beginning I felt very protective of Kyle, he is a special young man.
Jean
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Great Book

This has tuned out to be a great series and one that I will read many times. Each book is a stand alone but it is best read in order to get the full impact. Each book has a mystery with the happy ending. I recommend this series to all.
Kathy
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series it has a great story, even though you know boy gets girl, but not with suspense, a loving town and a great story behind what's happening.

My favorite is the strong women featured in this series.

On the final book in the series.
Lynn Dolan
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who is starting the fires in Westen?

Deke is the Fire Chief and one of the assistant football coaches. Libby is a social worker looking after all those who need help in Westen. Then the fires start...
Deb Diem
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Close to the Fire by Suzanne Ferrell. There were a few typo type errors through the book, but it was a good story, great characters, drama and a bit of sizzle. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger. I look forward to reading more from Suzanne Ferrell.
Glenda Bettin
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
really like this series, loved the story of Libby and Deke
J
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
enjoyed the story, had some suspense, was able to figure out most of it but enjoyed the authors resolution
Bernie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Close To The Fire review

Close To The Fire is the third exciting romantic suspense book in the Westen series written by author Suzanne Ferrell.
Penny Leidecker
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic second chance romance

Deke and Libby were together until a heart wrenching tragedy tore them apart. They’ve never stopped loving each other, but their guilt still keeps them apart. Ten years later, a new resident comes to Westen, will he be the reason they finally talk about what happened a decade ago? I love second chance books and this book didn’t disappoint. If you love small town reads, then you will love the entire Westen series.
Carla lawrence
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline

Yet another great story based around inhabitants of one town. Different story but same people involved in each book. More please.
Alison
Fire Chief Deke Reynolds was badly injured in a fire which killed his best friend Bill. Deke had been dating Bill's sister Libby but his intense guilt over Bill's death led Deke to break things off with Libby.

A decade later Deke and Libby still don't talk to each other, despite living in a small town, until the arrival of a teenage boy with a sealed juvenile record to the boy's home in town coincides with what appears to be escalating attacks by an arsonist.

With this type of suspense/thriller no
Cc
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, ebook
Libby and Deke

Enjoyable HEA after 10 years apart. Firefighter, firebug and orphan.
Marcella
Jul 05, 2017
Deanna
Feb 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Pure Heat (Firehawks, #1)
  • Heat of the Moment
  • Iced Spy (Bison Creek #2)
  • Hidden (McKenzie Ridge, #2)
  • Chasing Fire (Colorado High Country, #7; I-Team, #9)
  • Barefoot at Moonrise (Barefoot Bay Timeless, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #17)
  • Fearless (Rescue Squad #2)
  • Strengthened By Fire (By Fire, #2)
  • Desperately Seeking Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4.5)
  • Rekindle the Flame (Hot in Chicago, #0.5)
  • Brave the Heat (The McGuire Brothers, #1)
  • Hot for the Fireman (Boston Heat, #1)
  • Five Alarm Alphas: Eight Sexy All New Romances
  • Blown To Pieces (PTO Murder Club Mystery, #2)
  • River's Lost (River's End, #6)
  • Montana Bargain (Echo Canyon Brides, #2)
  • St. Anne's Day
  • To Love (The McNallys #1)
USA Today Bestselling author, Suzanne discovered romance novels in her aunt’s hidden stash one summer as a teenager. From that moment on she knew two things: she loved romance stories and someday she'd be writing her own. Her love for romances has only grown over the years. It took her a number of years and a secondary career as a nurse to finally start writing her own stories.

The author of 13 nov

Westen (4 books)
  • Close to Home (Westen, #1)
  • Close to the Edge (Westen, #2)
  • Close To Danger (Westen, #4)