Start by marking “A Highlander's Passion (Highlander's Beloved, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Highlander's Passion (Highlander's Beloved, #2)

A Highlander's Passion

(Highlander's Beloved #2)

As a bear-shifter in a pack roaming the Scottish countryside, Bryce Matheson embodies brute force and untamed abandon. As a widower, he's running scared. When Bryce attempted to open his scarred heart to another, she grew tired of waiting for him to state his intentions, and the unearthly beauty spurned him for someone who wasn't worthy. But now that fate has conspired to ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 7th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about A Highlander's Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highlander's Passion

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4.5 Highlander’s Passion Stars ~

A Highlander’s Passion is book two in the Highlander’s Beloved series by Vonnie Davis. Don’t miss out on the emotional journey through the hearts of a witch and bear shifter.

Oh Lordy, Ms. Davis had me hooked from the first page to the last. I could not put A Highlander’s Passion down. She had me laughing, crying, and doing both at the same time. So many emotions from heartache, sadness, joy, excitement, hope, surprises both good and bad; plus a good doses
Heather andrews
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think I loved this book more than the first one just a tad. Kenzie her thoughts are of those of a woman who is horny, "when did he get these tattoos on his pecs? Dinna look at his chest. His face. Look at his face, Kenzie, for God's sake!" Someone is in denial. Kenzie I think her mind wanders at times, "get off me, ye worthless excuse for a man." His erection poked her abdomen and angered her all the more. How dare he? "Are ye naked beneath yer kilt?" Effie she is hands down my favorite charac ...more
Michelle
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Davis has a way with words. I love the first book in this series and the second book did not let me down. The youngest brother Bryce, was hinted at in the first book. Now we get to hear and see his story. Although this story has some serious undertones, Ms. Davis adds her humor at every twist and turn she can. I love getting lost in the highlands. Bryce is HOT and some of the scenes are smoldering. Oh to be Kenzie.

Kenzie is a contrast to the first books lighthearted feel. I wasn't sure how
Barone1997live.com
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fook-this was a great book! I loved the Scottish words and way of talk. I fell in love with Creighton and Paisley in the first book-and Bryce and Kenzie's story was just as thrilling, just as sexy, and just as breathtaking! I love the shifting and paranormal aspects, the plot kept my heat racing and my eyes welled up with tears a few times. I love the happy ending- no cliffhangers here! I cannot wait to read Ronan's story. and find out what happens with horny old Effie!
Eva Millien
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kenzie has sworn off men but when dark forces set their sights on Kenzie, she’ll have to team up with bear-shifter Bryce Matheson in this exciting paranormal romance.

Kenize has survived her abusive ex-husband, sworn off men, uses her powers to protect and heal and she doesn’t need Bryce stirring up desires best left forgotten but not only does he stir them up, Bryce sets her passions aflame which leads to some hot steamy encounters. The reader can’t help but be taken in by these strong compellin
Elizabeth Wright
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Vonnie Davis read. I am now a fan for life.!

Kenzie Denune has been through it all. Heartbreak, pain, and loss have been the ruling factors in her life for years. In fact, even longer than she realizes. The only constant has been her love for Bryce Mattheson.

Bryce, is a sexy, Alpha as all get out, bear shifter. Can you say yummy? A single father and the youngest in his family he is both sweet, sensitive, and fierce.

This story has it all, love, drama, angst a "devilish" villain,
Tonya
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Vonnie Davis has penned one of the best Highlander paranormal novels I've read in years! It will make you laugh and it will make you cry, but in the end you'll be glad you read it!!
Kenzie Denune is a troubled Scottish lass who married her late husband Duncan on the rebound from her best friend/love of her life Bryce Matheson when she realized she was pregnant with Bryce's child and he'd just dumped her. When Kenzie married Duncan, she thought she had found a man who would love her and the child
Lori Meehan
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
4.5*
This is book two in the Highlander's Beloved series by Vonnie Davis and so worth the wait. This is the second book that I've read by Ms. Davis the first being book one that I loved and fell for Laird Creighton Matheson and Paisley so I couldn't wait to read Bryce Matheson's HEA.
Kenzie Denune has loved Bryce since the day she met him. They were the best of friends until the day Bryce meets Miranda and slowly slips away from Kenzie. Bryce and Miranda marry when she becomes pregnant and so Bry
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
*I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

First off, honestly, I am partial to wolf shifters. That said, this clan of Scottish bear shifters has won over my heart. I really enjoyed book 1 in this series, A Highlander’s Obsession, by Vonnie Davis. Book 2 does not disappoint! The characters are all familiar; like a family reunion. The whole Matheson clan shows up. As with all close knot families, they know how to push each other's buttons. Humor is peppered throughout the
Deb Sisler
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from netgalley for an honest review.

Bryce and Kenzie were friends throughout their childhood friends and eventually sweethearts. As with many young romances, they split. Bryce married and had a little girl. His wife passed away. Now he wants Kenzie back.
Kenzie eventual death of her husband. Bryce takes the steps to rekindle what they once had shared together.
Gram plays a part in revealing secrets to Kenzie that keep her from making a choice with Bryce. She has secrets that n
Dianne
Grab a couple tissues, you’ll need them for the tears running from laughter as well as high octane emotions. What could be better than a hot guy in a kilt? How about if said hot guy is a bear-shifter? Bryce is a widower, and the very thought of becoming involved with another woman sends him running in fear. Kenzie is Wiccan, and her heart has firmly belonged to Bryce since they were children, she does everything but serve herself up as the main course, and still, Bryce resists committing to her. ...more
Negar Arvanaghi
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
God, poor Kenzie! I'm with his Mum on this.

TMI, Effie.

Omigod, I was so sad when Bryce and Kenzie had the naming ceremony. Tissues, people. You'll need them.

Colleen is adorable.

Grey's Anatomy has got nothing on these two.

Snort-laugh for Colleen's verra informative speech.

I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Claire Robinson
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 - "I've got all the therapy this man needs." Stars!

Book two in the Highlanders Beloved series pretty much takes off where book one finished. Creigh and Paisley are happily settled into wedded bliss, and now it is Bryce’s turn to rectify the mistakes he made when he gave up Kenzie Denune just over a year previous.

”What’s past is past and lost forever.”

Although he wasn’t too know, just how difficult life would be for her after their parting, Bryce feels deep and unrelenting guilt about how thin
Meaghan
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alternately funny and heart warming, I enjoyed these two crazy kids finally falling in love and accepting each other, shifter-ness and witchiness included.
Terri Rochenski
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once again, Ms. Davis delivers amazing, real-life characters to fall in love with! The perfect touch of humor and heat - it's almost a near perfect story.

Almost - this 2nd installment in the Highlanders Beloved series fell a tad bit short of the phenomenal A Highlander's Obsession for me. For two reasons, really, but only 1 of which decided the deduction of a star.

Passion is all about two Scots, so naturally they have accents, but it was too much for me, often making my eyes snag and my mind tum
Carmella Siciliano
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story is about Kenzie and Bryce. They were the best of friends growing up. Bryce marries but his wife dies in childbirth. Kenzie has always loved him. About 3 years after his wife's death, Bryce and Kenzie start to see one another but he can't commit to her as he feels he is being unfaithful to his wife. Kenzie then marries another man and experiences abuse and violence. She also becomes a widower.

Bryce realizes how he really feels about Kenzie and begs her forgiveness but Kenzie has been t
WildAboutBones
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read4netgalley
A Highlander's Passion by Vonnie Davis

There was much to like about this story, but unfortunately there are several problems with it as well.

I very much appreciate the glossary of characters at the beginning. The story is laugh out loud funny through much of the tale. Effie, a secondary character, is a hoot. She is the comic relief as well as emotional support for the heroine. Young Colleen, another secondary character, is such a wonderful, precocious addition to the story. The plot is a good on
Jen
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book has all my favorite things in it, magic, shifters, Highlanders, and super strong female lead along with a super alpha male!

This book was a delight to read, I can't wait to read more from this author, I didn't read book one, but I will be going back now to read it for sure. I would recommend this book to anyone that is interested in adventure, excitement mixed in with an amazing love story that will touch your heart and make you cry, it sure made me cry like a baby. ( A whole box of ti
Sheila Kell
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kenzie Denune survived a broken heart after Bryce Matheson broke off things between them because he felt guilty that he cheated on the love he had for his deceased wife. On the rebound, Kenzie winds up in an abusive marriage. Single and alone, she is hired by Effie who informs Kenzie that she is a witch bound to protect others and her new boss was there to train her. This shocking revelation isn’t her only one. Bryce regrets his decision and wants things to be forever. But can she trust him agai ...more
Tammy
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great shifter story. Bryce, a bear shifter and Kenzie a witch grew up together and Kenzie has loved him since they were children. Bryce fell for another and Kenzie tried to move on but now that they are both free again will love bloom? Funny, sexy and entertaining read. I enjoyed the banter between the characters and the chemistry between Bryce and Kenzie. The story held my interest throughout. Enjoy!
Shakera
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers, love
Shelves: netgalley
This book is hot! If it's even possible... hotter than the first one! I couldn't put it down. Although hysterical, it's also a tear jerker... so have tissues handy when reading this one! This story shows what it's like to try and win back the love you should have never let go! Bryce and Kenzie are like magnets... they will always be drawn to one another... and when they are together, expect fireworks! (But you just have to figure out... is it good fireworks or no?) This was great!
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book since I read the first in the series. It did not disappoint! http://letague.blogspot.com/2015/03/a...
CK
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow what a fantastic book!!! Could hardly put the book down and would highly recommend this book to everyone!
Didi

This story bounced ups down so many times it made me dizzy. It started on a pretty high notes for me (Scotland, highlander, that sexy burr, the humour, the banter, the heroine's sass, the crazy new boss, lynx guardian, bear-shifters and witches... yes, there's a lot about this book that I loved!) but then they started to get repetitive, cheesy, then too much. Ups and downs, over and over it went.

As the story set in Scotland with some Scottish characters, the narration and conversation
Hooked On Books
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I took a chance on this book primarily based on its title, thinking foolishly that it was an atypical Scottish Highlands historical romance, I should probably have scanned the blurb a little because what I got was my first ever experience of the bear-shifter and wiccan paranormal thread with plenty of gorgeous Scottish men, Scottish colloquialism, Scottish scenery and Scottish heroine Wiccan’s. I. Was. In. Heaven. Or at least the Highlands which to me, is pretty damn close.
This book drags you i
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Highlander's Passion is a typical romance.. Boy meets girl, boy and girl grow up together as best friends. Boy is a boy shifter and turns out.. girl is a witch. But it seems they too have it hard. The boy being the cad that he is falls for another girl and leaves girl out in the cold. Then when he becomes a widower and starts falling for the girl.. he gets cold feet and leaves her all alone again. Jerk...

Highlander's Passion is book two in Vonnie Davis' Highl
Dawn ♥ romance
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I liked the extended family clan working together in this paranormal story and it had plenty of exciting action but in light of the heroine's unfortunate past, I never felt trust was rebuilt. The plot was interesting but a little too outrageous. Bear-shifter widower Bryce tries to win back witch Kenzie's love after previously turning her away.
Jackie

Book Buy Links
Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Two of the wildest hearts in Scotland fight for their destiny in this searing-hot romance, sure to be devoured by fans of Jennifer Ashley’s Shifters Unbound series and Shelly Laurenston’s Pride Stories.

Linda
Five fun loving stars for " A Highlander's Passion" , Ms. Davis once again has penned a fun and witty romance with a paranormal edge that is impossible to put down .
Ths second book inthe series is a second chance romance ; Bryce Matheson is Bear shifter and a single widowed father of five year old Colleen ; and is this little one a precocious ball of energy that you can not help but smile or laugh at through the story.
Kenzie Denune, is a long time freind and x- girlfreind of Bryce's since child
Nicola
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy a man in a kilt, I'm partial to shape-shifters and having enjoyed the first in the Highlander's Beloved series, A Highlander's Obsession, I had no hesitation in grabbing this and seeing how Bryce Matheson would compare to his big brother Creighton.

He appealed more.

We met him in the first book, we know he's a widower and dad to five year-old cutie Colleen. We also know he has a history with Kenzie Denune. What we don't know is how deep their history goes. He lost her once into the arms o
  • My Tempting Highlander (Highland Hearts, #3)
  • The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Stone Cold Fox (Cougarville #3)
  • Alpha Bear (Tales of the Were: Grizzly Cove #4)
  • Every Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #3)
  • A Highland Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #15)
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Mated To The Dragon (Fated Dragons, #1)
  • Of Blood and Passion (Vamp City, #3)
  • Magic Lost (The Magic of the Heart Series Book 3)
  • Kill or Be Kilt (Highland Spies, #3)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Phantoms #2)
  • Night of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #3)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • A Fire in the Blood
  • Hot Blooded: Part 1 (Dark Kings #3A)

Highlander's Beloved (3 books)
  • A Highlander's Obsession (Highlander's Beloved, #1)
  • Bearing It All (Highlander's Beloved, #3)
“Kenzie Denune pedaled the bicycle harder, her thighs burning from the exertion. Thanks to a car that refused to start, she was going to be late for her job interview at Iverson Loch Manor. Grunting and pounding from the shrubs ahead, near the road's edge, snagged her attention.
Naked shoulders glistened in the afternoon sun. Back muscles bulged and undulated with every thrust. “Bloody hell. Come fer me. Come.”
In all of Mathe Bay in the Scottish Highlands, only one deep masculine voice had the power to raise the hair on her arms like this. A man with braided russet-colored hair that brushed broad shoulders inked with a bear's claw marks, woven into an intricate tribal design - Bryce Matheson.

Damn him to hell. Who's he shagging in broad daylight? Out in the open, no less. Has he no shame? ...

“I canna keep pounding at ye like this all bloody day. Me back is about to give out.”
Bryce moaned and groaned again, obviously in the throes of ecstasy. The bear-shifting bastard. She eased up on the brakes to whiz past his love nest of bushes and brambles.
“I'll not give up until I get ye wild cherry. Let me push both me thumbs and most of me fingers in here and....."

My God, what's he doing to her?

Kenzie couldna resist one fleeting glance over her shoulder.
Her front wheel plunged into a pothole and the bike pitched... as she toppled across the grit. The force of the impact, combined with the slant of the narrow road, caused her to roll toward Bryce and his current conquest. No! No, God, no!”
0 likes
“Tell me about Bryce, Sparrow." Effie bit into a cookie and aimed blue eyes her way.
She shrugged.
"What's to tell? He's the youngest of the Matheson brothers, but then maybe ye ken that since yer granddaughter is married to the eldest."
"No. Tell me about your relationship with him and how you ended up with his muddy hand prints on your boobs. I'm betting that story is a barn burner.”
0 likes