Start by marking “Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)

Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal #1)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  6,193 Ratings  ·  972 Reviews
Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

Published December 12th 2014

Lola  Reviewer

3.5 stars. New Adult was never my favorite genre. This book though proved me that there are some great ones out there only waiting to be sought. And, guess what? I found one. Maybe my rating will seem unfair, giving how I qualified this book to be, but, had it not stretched and stretched and stretched, it might have easily reached a four, four point five star rating.

The best thing about this novel was the set of characters – both principal and secondary ones. All of them sparkled in ambition, ki
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

This book was a unique, uplifting, and inspirational NA romance! It’s the kind of story that starts off decently but by the end your heart feels so full of love for ALL the characters in the book. I’ll be honest and say that I had trouble in the beginning because the heroine was too weak and the romance wasn’t the main focus, but I’m glad I continued with it. If I didn’t, I would’ve missed out on the heroine’s extraordinary character growth. I would’ve missed out on one of the very best
Becca Ritchie
Aug 09, 2014 Becca Ritchie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult, our-books
We're big fans of Vegas, acrobatic circus, and Center Stage -- so naturally, this is the culmination of all our loves :) Amour Amour features a 26-yr-old alpha male (a Russian athlete) and a young, courageous heroine who leaves college to follow her dreams in Vegas.

In the realm of our work, it falls more in line with "Kiss the Sky" & "Hothouse Flower" than "Addicted to You." We truly hope you enjoy this book as much as we loved writing it!

FIRST TEASER POSTER

THE CIRCUS IS COMING...

Amy (Foxy)
Re-read: January 2017
I originally read this book in December in 2014 and I loved. I re-read it via audio to get myself back in the aerial world because INFINI is being released in a week.

I love this world because it's where dreams come true. Thora & Nik for the win!!

Now, I'm ready for Luka's book.
"Luka Kotova is introduced in Amour Amour, and Infini takes place in the same acrobatic world. However, it's not necessary to read Amour Amour prior to Infini."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Mar 16, 2017 Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult

➦This book was everything I'd expect from a NA novel. I really enjoyed the characters - they are young and full of aspirations, hopes and dreams. I'll make this short:

➦The book follows a life of a young woman who dreams of performing in a circus show as an acrobat. She goes to New York to audition and, while out at the club, meets a Russian guy who is part of said show. He's known as God of Russia.

➦So he challenges her to a hand stand competition. She accepts. She looses. He pierces her nipple.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Dec 02, 2014 TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-reading before the release of Infini! And it's currently on sale for .99$! http://amzn.to/2klCqfz

description

"But I've found the truest form of love. It's two loves that can live in perfect harmony. The circus and you," he whispers, "amour amour."
Two loves. Two passions. At perfect balance.

Amour Amour was such a wonderful and unique story! It's a story about following your dreams no matter what, finding love, and discovering yourself.

Thora James is a gymnast and has left everything behind. Her fa
Brandi
Aug 14, 2014 Brandi rated it really liked it
"Love is a circus."

description

Thora James is a small town girl with big dreams. When the gymnasts lands an audition with a renowned Vegas circus act, she hops on a plane. Her first night in Sin City leads to a chance meeting with one of the stars of Armour, Nikolai Kotova, when she becomes a part of his Saturday night dare. Unfortunately for Thora, when it comes down to landing the role, she doesn't really have what it takes, but she is determined to improve and with the help of Nikolai she may get to li
Beverly
Aug 11, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing
4.5 Love is a circus Stars

It is so hard to judge this book as a stand alone, because I am a huge fan of the Addicted Series. That being said, I absolutely love how there were small references to the Addicted world: Fizz Life, Raisy and the Princess of Philly. Now onto the book at hand since this a standalone book, and while fans will enjoy these little glimpses they in no way distract from the story.

Thora James is within one year of completing her college degree and living the life her parents
Natalie
“I no longer want to live in fantasy.
I want the images in my mind to be real.
It’s why I’m in Vegas after all. Following my dreams.”

This was another phase of I-can't-fall-asleep-and-it's-3am-so-let's-just-read, and thankfully I was so swept up into Thora's journey that I barely noticed the hours fly by. It was magical. I didn't even feel a hinge of regret upon finally waking up with minimal sleep.

And since this book started off so promising, here's a list of things that I loved (and later on hate
Jasmine
4 AMOUR STARS ★★★★

“The things greater than us, Thora, they’re not impossible. It’s just fear talking, telling you that you can’t when you can. I know you can.”

Being a huge fan of the Ritchie sisters, I was equally excited and nervous when they announced another story that branches out from my all time-fav Addicted series. A story that portrayed the circus life, I can't help but to envision the extravagance of it and left me very eager to dive into this one.

Amour Amour falls along the lines of
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 09, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
OMG. New standalone from Krista & Becca Ritchie!!!!!

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off of trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

Sounds good!!
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5--Love is a Circus--Stars!!

Proud.

That's how I feel having finished this. Proud for the small town girl who was brave enough to follow her dreams. Who never gave up.

"Thora James: a series of fails but she’ll stand up again."

Proud for the man that set his wants and needs aside for a family that needed him.

Thora James left Cincinnati, Ohio with big dreams. Dreams of joining the circus. A dream she's had since she was 14.

While I struggled a bit with Thora in the beginning by the end I admi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 (I LOVE THE KOTOVAS ) STARS

"When I was fourteen, my mom took me to the circus…
I fell in love with it."

What an amazing book! Everything wass just perfect! I can tell you that I found the story very intriguing as it has to do with life in the circus. Krista and Becca are two amazing writers and I honestly love whatever they write! In this book I was captivated by the way Thora and Nikolai developed their relationship, to the story and to the secondary characters!!! The Kotovas stole my heart!
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 11, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 AMOUR Stars

"The circus and you," he whispers, "amour amour." Two loves. Two passions. At perfect balance."

description

This is a well done follow your dreams story. It's set amongst the dazzle of a Las Vegas circus show. Thora James wants to be an aerialist in a Cirque De Soleil type circus in the show called Amour. Thora has been her one and only cheerleader regardless of how her friends and family put down her dreams. Thora was a strong willed determined likable main character. She leaves her colleg
Catarina
4 Acrobatic Stars.

”Love is a circus.”

description

Thora leaves everything and goes to Vegas, trying out for the cirque, more specifically Amour Amour, a very famous Vegas show. She doesn’t get it, but Nikolai, the show male leader tells her she may have a shot next year and that we will train her privately. And so she decides to stay in Vegas fighting for her dream. But eventually she and Nikolai fall in love and everything starts to get more serious. And when it comes to choosing between love or your pa
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! Love athletic heroes!

Stand-alone book 1.
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Love is a circus
The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Co
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Dec 01, 2014 Rachel Reads Ravenously rated it really liked it
4 Circus is Family stars

photo amouramourphoto.png

So it's no secret that I have a giant literary girl crush on the Ritchie twins. In a world of generic NA, these two writers are the diamonds in the rough of their genre. As a reader, I know going into every single one of their books that I will be transfixed by the lives of their characters as if I knew them myself. Their books are unique, evoking, and beautiful. Amour Amour is all of these things as well.

Thora is a college student who decides to drop her entire life
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Dec 14, 2014 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2014
Rating : 4 Circus Amour Stars

description

My Views : I have read great things about the Ritchie sisters from my friend's review; this is my first book by these sistas and I must admit that they are really good. I loved that the story is not only focused on the main characters but also their families and friends. I love when authors create a whole community (her
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Find me on Instagram & Twitter!

❝'Everyday,' he says lowly, 'I hold a person's life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me. I'm asking you, right now, to trust me.'❞

Rating: ★ ★ ★

Amour Amour was okay. It was an interesting concept but it didn't blow me away. I think I was expecting something a little different from what actually happened in the book. I picked this up mainly because I love everything circus-theme
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
What if you are not good enough for your dreams?

For me Amour Amour circle around this question.

Amour Amour follows the story of Thora, a gymnast who is planning to audition for Vegas’s acrobatic show. There he met, the “God of Russia”, Nikolai Kotova. They quickly developed a different kind of relationship, one that might come between her dreams.

My cheeks hurt from smiling. Strangely enough, I haven’t felt this kind of feeling in a while. This book is simply wonderful, hilarious and light. Thi
Samantha
Jun 05, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
I'm typically not a huge fan of New Adult, but Amour Amour had been recommended to me over and over by friends that enjoy new adult, so I decided to finally give it a go. The circus setting is always a buzzword for me, and I'd heard that the Ritchies avoid common NA tropes that I hate.

I went in with low expectations, and this book proved that NA can be good. I loved the setting of Las Vegas, with the Cirque du Soleil type show. Like most New Adult, this was a quick read. The Ritchies don't dwell
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I took my time reading this book...taking it all in...reveling in the words-the bigger picture. There are things about Amour Amour that made me a bit crazy...things that in another book, I would despise, but here in this story...I found a love, a courage, a risk to live bigger than expectations.

Yep, this book is one of those stories that has left foo
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Reread (Nov-Dec 2015): still as good as the first time if not better! This book is so inspirational and I can see Krista and Becca's own passionate hearts on every page. So freakin' excited for Infini next year and explore of my fav Luka Kotova & see a lot more of the Kotovas, Thora, Camila and John! Attachment to these characters is a real thing, I tell youuu (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥ If you love the Calloway sisters, you will love the bond, dynamics and love between the Kotova siblings 10/10 too!

“When I
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Amour Amour was all about following a dream, and not sacrificing it for anyone else.

Thora James arrived in Las Vegas with big hopes, big dreams and big eyes. She wanted a chance to be an acrobat in on of the best shows on the Strip. But talent alone wasn’t enough. Fortunately Thora was gritty, and had more perseverance and tenacity in her little finger than some people in their entire body.

On her first night in the city she met one of the stars of one of the Aerial Ethereal shows – Nikolai Kotov
AJ
Aug 10, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
4 'love is a circus' stars

21 year old Thora has one dream in her life – to join the elite athletes in Aerial Ethereal, a Cirque du Soleil-esque acrobatic show based in Vegas. Their latest show, Amour, is a study in love, and they are holding auditions for somebody to perform the ‘passion’ aspect on the aerial silks. So she’s on the first available flight out of Ohio to chase her dream.

Wide-eyed and innocent, Thora’s first night in the big city sees her running into performer, Nikoali (aka the “G
Lainey
May 05, 2015 Lainey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've now read by favorite New Adult book. So thanks to my girl Jillian from bookishandnerdy to introducing me to Krista and Becca Ritchie. (I have a video book review coming soon and will link it once I finish it.)

I really loved this book. This book is a love story set at a circus show in Las Vegas. Goddamn, I was sold when I read the synopsis.

Our main character Thora James, decides to drop out of her last year of college to chase her dreams to join the circus. So she goes to Vegas for an audi
Anna Banana
(view spoiler) ...more
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
This was truly an extraordinary story. So beautiful, magical and vivid in its storytelling and characterization. There's not one thing I didn't like about this story. What really stood out for me was the very well developed story and Thora's evolution and transformation throughout the story. Also the entire Kotova family were fantastic. But Nikolai was in a league of his own. What a phenomenal character. He was and felt so real in his relationships with Thora and his siblings. He was such a stro ...more
Smitten's Book Blog
5+ STARS!!!

I read this book during my blog hiatus and I had to just write a quick review for it, now that I'm back on Goodreads.

Oh my goodness, this book. It just did it for me. I devoured it in one day. I couldn't put it down, I fell head-over-heels in love with it and it's stuck with me ever since.

“We’re not going to fit together.”
“We are,” he says lowly. “In all ways.”

I really enjoyed Krista and Becca Ritchie's 'Calloway Sisters' books, and I do have a bit of a fascination with anythi
Lucia
Dec 30, 2014 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS
"I no longer want to live in fantasy. I want the images in my mind to be real."

I thoroughly enjoyed this daring story about a girl who decides to follow her dreams no matter how impossible her quest may appear. Thora's determination, her courage to take risks, her ability to push her boundaries outside her comfort zone...it was all very inspiring. Add hero with the edge but also with sense of responsibility, manners and good heart and you have this fascinating story about circus acrob
Any characters like Nikolai? <3333 2 31 Apr 03, 2017 03:39PM
KBR Fangirls: Amour Amour Re-Read 20 29 Jan 24, 2017 03:41PM
Čeští a slovenští...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Společné čtení - Amour Amour 1 23 Feb 14, 2015 04:51AM
KBR Fangirls: * Amour Amour- buddy read 12/12/14 105 115 Dec 31, 2014 08:19PM
♥ BR ♥: Amour amour 114 76 Dec 15, 2014 01:11PM
KBR Fangirls: 2 Truths and a Lie (day 10) LAST DAY 29 75 Dec 11, 2014 01:41AM
  • Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)
  • The End of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, Book 4)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
  • Divided (Setenid Blight, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Kulti
  • Love Show
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Where One Goes
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Good (Too Good, #1)

NYT & USA Today Bestselling Authors Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superhero
More about Krista Ritchie...

Aerial Ethereal (2 books)
  • Infini (Aerial Ethereal, #2)

“I’m in love with you,” I whisper.
He tries to smile but his eyes flood instead. “Don’t love me more than your dreams, myshka. Because I love you too much to let you give them up for me.”
59 likes
“We all traverse in and out of people’s worlds, leaving footprints. Some larger, some smaller, but there is always a mark. We can’t sweep it away.” 48 likes