Start by marking “Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)

Amour Amour

(Aerial Ethereal #1)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  7,709 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews
Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

Published December 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Amour Amour, please sign up.
Morpheus Reads
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  7,709 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews

Lola

3.5 stars. New Adult was never my favorite genre. This book though proved me that there are some great ones out there only waiting to be sought. And, guess what? I found one. Maybe my rating will seem unfair, giving how I qualified this book to be, but, had it not stretched and stretched and stretched, it might have easily reached a four, four point five star rating.

The best thing about this novel was the set of characters – both principal and secondary ones. All of them sparkled in ambition, ki
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

This book was a unique, uplifting, and inspirational NA romance! It’s the kind of story that starts off decently but by the end your heart feels so full of love for ALL the characters in the book. I’ll be honest and say that I had trouble in the beginning because the heroine was too weak and the romance wasn’t the main focus, but I’m glad I continued with it. If I didn’t, I would’ve missed out on the heroine’s extraordinary character growth. I would’ve missed out on one of the very best
Becca Ritchie
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult, our-books
We're big fans of Vegas, acrobatic circus, and Center Stage -- so naturally, this is the culmination of all our loves :) Amour Amour features a 26-yr-old alpha male (a Russian athlete) and a young, courageous heroine who leaves college to follow her dreams in Vegas.

In the realm of our work, it falls more in line with "Kiss the Sky" & "Hothouse Flower" than "Addicted to You." We truly hope you enjoy this book as much as we loved writing it!

FIRST TEASER POSTER

THE CIRCUS IS COMING...

Amy | Foxy Blogs
Re-read: January 2017
I originally read this book in December in 2014 and I loved. I re-read it via audio to get myself back in the aerial world because INFINI is being released in a week.

I love this world because it's where dreams come true. Thora & Nik for the win!!

Now, I'm ready for Luka's book.
"Luka Kotova is introduced in Amour Amour, and Infini takes place in the same acrobatic world. However, it's not necessary to read Amour Amour prior to Infini."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
description

Well, isn’t that just marvelous?

I wasn’t expecting enjoying the book as much as I did. The premise was okay, and I have faith in the twins but still I had a lot of doubts and very little expectations, but color me surprised when the book was over and all I had was this happy longing feeling.

I fell in love with the characters -all if not most of them.

Something I really liked was the characterization. You just knew what the characters were like and how they could react to certain things, this i
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult

➦This book was everything I'd expect from a NA novel. I really enjoyed the characters - they are young and full of aspirations, hopes and dreams. I'll make this short:

➦The book follows a life of a young woman who dreams of performing in a circus show as an acrobat. She goes to New York to audition and, while out at the club, meets a Russian guy who is part of said show. He's known as God of Russia.

➦So he challenges her to a hand stand competition. She accepts. She looses. He pierces her nipple.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-reading before the release of Infini! And it's currently on sale for .99$! http://amzn.to/2klCqfz

description

"But I've found the truest form of love. It's two loves that can live in perfect harmony. The circus and you," he whispers, "amour amour."
Two loves. Two passions. At perfect balance.

Amour Amour was such a wonderful and unique story! It's a story about following your dreams no matter what, finding love, and discovering yourself.

Thora James is a gymnast and has left everything behind. Her fa
Brandi
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Love is a circus."

description

Thora James is a small town girl with big dreams. When the gymnasts lands an audition with a renowned Vegas circus act, she hops on a plane. Her first night in Sin City leads to a chance meeting with one of the stars of Armour, Nikolai Kotova, when she becomes a part of his Saturday night dare. Unfortunately for Thora, when it comes down to landing the role, she doesn't really have what it takes, but she is determined to improve and with the help of Nikolai she may get to li
Nat
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I no longer want to live in fantasy.
I want the images in my mind to be real.
It’s why I’m in Vegas after all. Following my dreams.”

This was another phase of I-can't-fall-asleep-and-it's-3am-so-let's-just-read, and thankfully I was so swept up into Thora's journey that I barely noticed the hours fly by. It was magical. I didn't even feel a hinge of regret upon finally waking up with minimal sleep.

And since this book started off so promising, here's a list of things that I loved (and later on hate
Beverly
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Love is a circus Stars

It is so hard to judge this book as a stand alone, because I am a huge fan of the Addicted Series. That being said, I absolutely love how there were small references to the Addicted world: Fizz Life, Raisy and the Princess of Philly. Now onto the book at hand since this a standalone book, and while fans will enjoy these little glimpses they in no way distract from the story.

Thora James is within one year of completing her college degree and living the life her parents
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
OMG. New standalone from Krista & Becca Ritchie!!!!!

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off of trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

Sounds good!!
Jasmine
4 AMOUR STARS ★★★★

“The things greater than us, Thora, they’re not impossible. It’s just fear talking, telling you that you can’t when you can. I know you can.”

Being a huge fan of the Ritchie sisters, I was equally excited and nervous when they announced another story that branches out from my all time-fav Addicted series. A story that portrayed the circus life, I can't help but to envision the extravagance of it and left me very eager to dive into this one.

Amour Amour falls along the lines of
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 (I LOVE THE KOTOVAS ) STARS

"When I was fourteen, my mom took me to the circus…
I fell in love with it."

What an amazing book! Everything wass just perfect! I can tell you that I found the story very intriguing as it has to do with life in the circus. Krista and Becca are two amazing writers and I honestly love whatever they write! In this book I was captivated by the way Thora and Nikolai developed their relationship, to the story and to the secondary characters!!! The Kotovas stole my heart!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Love is a Circus--Stars!!

Proud.

That's how I feel having finished this. Proud for the small town girl who was brave enough to follow her dreams. Who never gave up.

"Thora James: a series of fails but she’ll stand up again."

Proud for the man that set his wants and needs aside for a family that needed him.

Thora James left Cincinnati, Ohio with big dreams. Dreams of joining the circus. A dream she's had since she was 14.

While I struggled a bit with Thora in the beginning by the end I admi
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 AMOUR Stars

"The circus and you," he whispers, "amour amour." Two loves. Two passions. At perfect balance."

description

This is a well done follow your dreams story. It's set amongst the dazzle of a Las Vegas circus show. Thora James wants to be an aerialist in a Cirque De Soleil type circus in the show called Amour. Thora has been her one and only cheerleader regardless of how her friends and family put down her dreams. Thora was a strong willed determined likable main character. She leaves her colleg
Catarina
4 Acrobatic Stars.

”Love is a circus.”

description

Thora leaves everything and goes to Vegas, trying out for the cirque, more specifically Amour Amour, a very famous Vegas show. She doesn’t get it, but Nikolai, the show male leader tells her she may have a shot next year and that we will train her privately. And so she decides to stay in Vegas fighting for her dream. But eventually she and Nikolai fall in love and everything starts to get more serious. And when it comes to choosing between love or your pa
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Circus is Family stars

photo amouramourphoto.png

So it's no secret that I have a giant literary girl crush on the Ritchie twins. In a world of generic NA, these two writers are the diamonds in the rough of their genre. As a reader, I know going into every single one of their books that I will be transfixed by the lives of their characters as if I knew them myself. Their books are unique, evoking, and beautiful. Amour Amour is all of these things as well.

Thora is a college student who decides to drop her entire life
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Amour Amour was all about following a dream, and not sacrificing it for anyone else.

If you’ve ever watched a Cirque Du Soleil show you must have seen the incredibly talented performer on stage. And maybe you also wondered, like me, how these athletes got there, and what live behind the curtain must be like.

Amour Amour is the ONLY book I ever read about a show like Cirque Du Soleil and its addictive and enthralling dream like atmosphere.

From the very first sentence to the jaw dropping first meet
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! Love athletic heroes!

Stand-alone book 1.
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Love is a circus
The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Co
Lainey
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SECOND REVIEW: So I rated it a 5 the first time I read it and I just reread it and the rating still stands. I loved this book and I loved it x1000 more the second time around. Thora is my favorite NA heroine, Nik is my favorite NA hero, this is my favorite NA book hands down.

----

FIRST REVIEW: I've now read by favorite New Adult book. So thanks to my girl Jillian from bookishandnerdy to introducing me to Krista and Becca Ritchie. (I have a video book review coming soon and will link it once I fin
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, favorites
Rating : 4 Circus Amour Stars

description

My Views : I have read great things about the Ritchie sisters from my friend's review; this is my first book by these sistas and I must admit that they are really good. I loved that the story is not only focused on the main characters but also their families and friends. I love when authors create a whole community (her
Anna Banana
4.5 stars!

Oh my god, I can't believe I was actually scared that I wouldn't like this book! I seriously need to stop doubting authors that I love and have never steered me wrong.

This book was beautiful. The characters, the setting, the plot, everything about it made me fall in love and feel as if I were a part of the Las Vegas scene even though I've never been there before in my life. I know a lot of people said the beginning was slow to them but for me, I was hooked from the very first page.

I h
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Find me on Instagram & Twitter!

❝'Everyday,' he says lowly, 'I hold a person's life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me. I'm asking you, right now, to trust me.'❞

Rating: ★ ★ ★

Amour Amour was okay. It was an interesting concept but it didn't blow me away. I think I was expecting something a little different from what actually happened in the book. I picked this up mainly because I love everything circus-theme
Samantha
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm typically not a huge fan of New Adult, but Amour Amour had been recommended to me over and over by friends that enjoy new adult, so I decided to finally give it a go. The circus setting is always a buzzword for me, and I'd heard that the Ritchies avoid common NA tropes that I hate.

I went in with low expectations, and this book proved that NA can be good. I loved the setting of Las Vegas, with the Cirque du Soleil type show. Like most New Adult, this was a quick read. The Ritchies don't dwell
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
old review

What if you are not good enough for your dreams?

For me Amour Amour circle around this question.

Amour Amour follows the story of Thora, a gymnast who is planning to audition for Vegas’s acrobatic show. There he met, the “God of Russia”, Nikolai Kotova. They quickly developed a different kind of relationship, one that might come between her dreams.

My cheeks hurt from smiling. Strangely enough, I haven’t felt this kind of feeling in a while. This book is simply wonderful, hilarious and
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I took my time reading this book...taking it all in...reveling in the words-the bigger picture. There are things about Amour Amour that made me a bit crazy...things that in another book, I would despise, but here in this story...I found a love, a courage, a risk to live bigger than expectations.

Yep, this book is one of those stories that has left foo
Jeannine Allison
6 stars (Second Read 10/21/2018)

5 stars (First Read 3/26/2016)

THIS. BOOK. IS. EVERYTHING!!!! 😍😍

description

It's official. These two authors have easily become two of my absolute favorites (like top 5 for sure). I already want to reread this... in fact after I finished it I went and reread some of my favorite parts. I just love everything about their novels: the beautiful writing, the awesome characters, and the low-key yet still enticing plots.

I loved Thora's determination and I found myself reading on
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
She’s trying to find herself. Some days I still wonder if I’ve found me. Maybe we never stop searching. Maybe we evolve the way seasons change, seamlessly without really knowing, not until all the leaves have fallen.
This is who I am today.
Tomorrow I may be the same.
But in years, I’ll be someone else. Someone I may like more. Someone I may like less. And that’s okay. Because I’m still living.

It’s no secret that I loved Connor Cobalt with all my heart when I read the Calloway Sisters spin-o
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Reread (Nov-Dec 2015): still as good as the first time if not better! This book is so inspirational and I can see Krista and Becca's own passionate hearts on every page. So freakin' excited for Infini next year and explore of my fav Luka Kotova & see a lot more of the Kotovas, Thora, Camila and John! Attachment to these characters is a real thing, I tell youuu (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥ If you love the Calloway sisters, you will love the bond, dynamics and love between the Kotova siblings 10/10 too!

“When I
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
4.5 “Nikolai Kotova” Stars
“When someone reaches out and gives you a hand—for no other reason than to see your success—it’s powerful. And rare.”

FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:
description

Circus setting + ambitious characters + swoon-worthy Nikolai + big family + female character you want to protect at all costs + caring romance = GREAT FUCKING READ.

I was wonderfully surprised although I knew I was going to love this. I kept seeing my friends reading this, and of course, my weird brain wires made me stay away be
Any characters like Nikolai? <3333 2 46 Apr 03, 2017 03:39PM
KBR Fangirls: Amour Amour Re-Read 20 31 Jan 24, 2017 03:41PM
Čteme anglicky: This topic has been closed to new comments. Společné čtení - Amour Amour 1 23 Feb 14, 2015 04:51AM
KBR Fangirls: * Amour Amour- buddy read 12/12/14 105 116 Dec 31, 2014 08:19PM
♥ BR ♥: Amour amour 114 77 Dec 15, 2014 01:11PM
KBR Fangirls: 2 Truths and a Lie (day 10) LAST DAY 29 77 Dec 11, 2014 01:41AM
  • The End of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, Book 4)
  • Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Divided (Setenid Blight, #2)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Love Show
  • Innocents (Dusty, #1)
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • Kept (Coveted, #2)
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Fighting
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)

NYT & USA Today Bestselling Authors Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, fl

Aerial Ethereal (2 books)
  • Infini (Aerial Ethereal, #2)
“I’m in love with you,” I whisper.
He tries to smile but his eyes flood instead. “Don’t love me more than your dreams, myshka. Because I love you too much to let you give them up for me.”
67 likes
“We all traverse in and out of people’s worlds, leaving footprints. Some larger, some smaller, but there is always a mark. We can’t sweep it away.” 58 likes