Jump to ratings and reviews
** Author's note: This is a dark romance that will mess with your heart and mind. **

His secrets will destroy her.

Taken.
Humiliated.
Used.
With his smart mouth, dirty talking, and possessive behavior, Sebastian Brand has me hooked in the most shameless way. I’m obsessed with him. However, now that I’ve escaped the mental hospital, he seeks to control my every move.
The overwhelming aloofness in his attitude and the darkness in his mind tells me there is more to this man than sheer dominance. Depravity is his playground and pain is a necessary evil.
Keeping me away was his first instinct.
Capturing me was his second.
Claimed by a man with the exterior of an angel and the mind of a brute, I will do anything to unveil his secrets and face my own demons.
A body in exchange for freedom. A heart in exchange for truth.
Life is never a given. Only a certain death.

This is Volume 1 in the Delirious Series, which contains 3 volumes and a prequel. This book is a full-length novel. These books should be read in order.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, strong language, drugs and alcohol, dubious consent, and graphic violence. Contains a cliffhanger.

410 pages, Paperback

First published November 24, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Clarissa Wild

94 books5,211 followers
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD, who was born and raised in the Netherlands. She loves to write Dark Romance and Contemporary Romance novels featuring dangerous men and feisty women. Her other loves include her hilarious husband, her cutie pie son, her two crazy but cute dogs, and her adorable kitties. In her free time, she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, playing video games, and cooking up some delicious meals.

Check out my books: https://geni.us/clarissabooks

Join my reader group on Facebook:

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
55 (6%)
1 star
33 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 142 reviews
Profile Image for Jasmine.
269 reviews665 followers
December 26, 2014
3 STARS! ★★★

“Time to realize the fairytale you created for yourself won’t hold up against the harsh truth.”

Well this was a fairly interesting yet confusing read. For the most parts, I did enjoyed reading it and while the initial blurb made me think this was gonna be a rather heavy dark one, I found it to be just slightly harbouring on the dark side with some messed-up stuffs going on. But then again, I am a picky beech when it comes to the dark ones.

You'll need to read the prequel called Seek (which is free on Amazon btw) prior jumping into this one and let me say that I was definitely intrigued after reading it. It started off with our female MC Lilith Carrigan who found herself in a mental institution and keeps mentioning about a man called Sebastian Brand who apparently saved her but is this guy real? The author sent my mind into a questioning frenzy because at times it seemed like Lilith is imagining this man but at times it seemed pretty real.

Snare then picks up from the prequel with Lilith still obsessing over Sebastian and later found herself escaping from the mental institution to find him. When she does, lo and behold that Sebastian isn't the man she had imagined him to be. Despite his attempts warning her to stay away from him, Lilith went all stalker mode on him and eventually got tangled up in his dirty dark world.

"I am not a man to hug in bed; I am a man to kill in his sleep."

Honestly, I'm really on the fence with this read. I thought the premise was interesting and unique but I got thrown off with both MCs in this one. Both of them almost came off bipolar for me and that gave me mini whiplashes every now and then. In that sense, that left me as a rather confused reader because I'm left baffled at what drives their behaviours and mostly I struggled understanding Lilith's mixed feelings towards Sebastian.

"I wanted his love to fix me, but instead, it broke me even more."

Sebastian is the anti-hero who isn't the most ruthless or non-remorseful type; he does bad things but at the same time, he hates doing it. Also his softer side for Lilith was developed way too early for my liking. Personally I love my anti-heroes to be consistent in their character, so again I was thrown off when Sebastian switches between his good and bad side every now and then. Well the plus side is that Sebastian definitely has some kinky methods to solicit the truth out from Lilith's past and damn is he one motha of a dirty talker (me gusta!), so I'll excuse his bipolarness for now.

Despite the less than ideal MCs, the story definitely still proved to be a page-turner as the author created an atmosphere of read that leaves me desperately wanting to know the answers and truth of Lilith's traumatising past or what Sebastian's true intentions are. And while not all my questions have been answered and the book ended in a nail-biting cliffy, the author gave us enough closure to be satisfied while awaiting the next one.

As for me, I can't wait to dive into the next one right now to get more answers especially after the ending that left me hanging for more.

Snare is the first volume of the Delirious series and should be read after the prequel Seek.

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Angela.
583 reviews1,257 followers
October 2, 2016
Let me tell you about the worst thing I've ever read... It goes by the name of Snare.

First off apparently you're recommended to read some prenovel thing before dipping into this one, but I wasn't aware of that before I read this book. Therefore I was super confused from the get go. It starts off with our main problem lady Lilith. She has found herself in a mental institution and keeps going on and on about a man called Sebastian Brand who apparently saved her but we and she don't know if he is real or not. After obsessing over this mystery man Lilith decides to escape the ward and find said dude.
So of course she finds him and lo and behold Sebastian isn't the man she had imagined him to be. Despite his attempts warning her to stay away from him, Lilith went all stalker mode on him and eventually ends up being held prisoner in his house. That in itself is a huge problem for me. She was obsessed with him then all of a sudden wants nothing to do with him because he is a creep.... Mmmm that should have been obvious from the creepy hospital visits. Then her being in his house again huge issue. Nothing that happens adds up for makes sense. Everyone who comes over apparently knows she "kidnapped" but doesn't really see it as an issue. Also the fact that this girl is like a lost puppy dog following this Dbag around hand my brain hurting. I thought that Sebasstit would end up being charming and protective, not rapey and a pig.

Sebastian is the least sexy man I've never met. I have never ever been so turned off by a fictional book guy in my life. I would take me days to list off all the reason I hate him. YES HATE HIM!!!!! He was rude in every sense of the word, gross, and freaky (not in a good way). As a character he doesn't make sense either. At one point Lilith describes him and says he has sharp teeth... When is saying teeth are sharp sexy??? Also what the F does this guy do for a living???

"I am not a man to hug in bed; I am a man to kill in his sleep."

Someone please do us a favor and grant this man his request. His character matches the plot... It just

flat out made no sense. I wish I could tell you what happened in a nice list of events, but I can't. I have no clue what happened. I'll just sum up what I know though. This girl is kidnapped and clearly suffering from Stockholm. And rape is not sexy. Guys being this creepy is not sexy. The dirty talk in this book make me want to drink bleach and eat thumb tacks. This book was beyond gross and beyond bizarre. Seriously what the heck did I just read. How this book has the ratings it has is beyond me.

READ THIS REVIEW AND OTHERS OVER ON OUR BLOG:
Profile Image for Fathima.
634 reviews345 followers
November 28, 2014
4.5 'Fuckin Hell' stars !!!

“You want me to be a slave?” I ask.
“Mine. I want you to be mine. Give yourself to me, freely, even if it goes against everything you think is good. Being with me will be sinful … dark … bad in every way … and I will fill every painful crack in your beautiful, broken soul. I can mend you … but first, I will break you down.” He licks my skin, his damp tongue tracing a line from my shoulder to my earlobe, before biting it softly. “Yes, Miss Carrigan. Obey me. Crave me. Tempt me. I will give you an animal in return.”

[image error]

Can I get Seize i,e book 2 , like , yesterday !!!

What a ride , this one .. !!

Say a little prayer for me
Cupid, shoot your arrows into me
I feel lust like a sick disease
And my blood ignites when I hold you close to me

And I'll never let you go
Cupid, I'll never let you go
(I'll never let you go)

Bring my lover to her knees
Pierce her skin and make her fall in love with me
'Cause I swear I'll make you bleed
If you break my heart when I hold you close to me

I'll never let you go
Cupid, I'll never let you go
(I'll never let you go)
Cupid - Hurts

Lillith is trying to find Sebastian Brand , to prove everyone and to her herself that the man who saved her life is a real person and not a figment of her imagination or just her 'coping mechanism' . What Lillith doesn't know is that reality is a lot crueler than her fantasy . That in the real world , money talks and those with them have the power and the ability to get away with anything .
Lilith search does bring her to Sebastian , but is this Sebastian the man of her dreams ? Or is he just a wolf in a sheep's clothing wearing a business suit for a disguise ?

Well ....

You'll just have to read their story and find out !

This book right here is one of those that makes me wanna gush about . But the problem with that is that my 'fenceless' brain may very well start giving out the spoilers and that would be sooo wrong . Snare is one of those stories that needs to be experienced .

Lillith and Sebastian are definitely complex characters . Lillith's obssession with Sebastian lands her at a very wrong place . Although she fears it , she feels that there is a purpose in her attraction to Sebastian . Sebastian is drawn to Lillith , but his past and his present makes him a very hard man to love .

Thank fuck for dual PoV's !! Lillith's brain is a scattered puzzle piece . Reading her thoughts was like trying to glue back pieces of her life and also figuring out her feelings for Sebastian . Sebastian on the other hand , is a character with different facets . There is a part of him that loathes what he is , but then there is a part of him that enjoys the power of being the man that he has become . His POV's seemed like a tug-of-war that he always has with his conscience . And as a reader I loved getting into his brain .

[image error]

“You own me. I do not own you. There is a clear difference.”
I smile. “Oh, but you do, Miss Carrigan. You just don’t know it yet.” I tap on my chest, at the place my heart is at. “Here.”

Lets talk about the 'dark' aspect of this book . While many of the scenes are not very descriptive that could be termed as dark , there are hints as to what could've been heinous acts . But I'm thinking we haven't seen much yet . The club Sebastian belongs to is into some really fucked up shit . I have my suspicions about that , but it's too early to reveal anything.

Every chapter has a song that accompanies that chapter . I suggest listening to it , whilst reading , because it just amplifies that chapter/character mood .

The ending definitely left me speechless . There is a massive cliffhanger at the ending , that will literally leave you jaw dropped . I was praying , but I wasn't sure what I was praying for .. It felt all my feelings were on an adrenaline rush .

Clarissa's writing is on point . The story is brilliantly put , and the twists and turns make for one helluva mind fuck .

December can't get here fast enough ... Its all a waiting game now !

Profile Image for Ilze.
263 reviews195 followers
December 11, 2014
Didn't love it, but I did like it, and I definitely see the potential in the series.

description

Sebastian Brand saved Lilith, and since then she has been obsessed with him. She sees him as her her hero and her anchor, but she doesn't really know him. After she escapes the mental institution, she is ready to find him and start their life together. What she does not anticipate is that Sebastian Brand is not really the man she imagined in her head. Sebastian is not a good man, but he warns Lilith to stay away from him. However, Lilith has convinced herself that she loves and need him, so she is not going to give up pursuing him, which leads her on a path she did not expect...
"Do you dare come to the dark side?"

I liked the book, however after all the warnings I kind of expected it to be darker than it was. The background story and the mystery were pretty twisted and messed up, but the relationships between the captor and the captive was not as dark as I wish they were. For those who are more familiar with the genre will likely be disappointed with their relationships. Mostly, because the 'breaking' of Lilith was almost successful with one act and she was scared of the punishment after a hard spanking. It wasn't as believable as it would have been if it had taken more time and more severe punishments (I know how bad this sounds. I blame it on Her Master's Courtesan or even the Captive in the Dark ;D)
"I am not a man to hug in bed; I am a man to kill in his sleep."

Sebastian is one of the tortured anti-heroes. He leads a life he hates and he wishes things were different. He does try to protect Lilith even if his methods aren't nice. Most of all I liked his love for books, he owns his own library and he just loves loves loves books. However, I guess I like my anti-heroes a bit more ruthless and with less remorse, Sebastian was kind of going very easy on Lilith. Also, he fell in love with her way too early for me.
"I wanted his love to fix me, but instead, it broke me even more."

Lilith, I loved how stalkerish and obsessed she was at the beginning, but afterwards she was just going on and on how she loved him, but he is a monster now, and she was wrong to trust him etc. I got tired of her quickly. Although, I think she did deal with her past rather well.
"Being with me is the worst thing someone could wish for."

Lastly, although, all the questions weren't answered and the novel ended on the cliffy, I am glad author provided us with the answers of what happened with Lilith and Ashley before they landed in a mental institution. I feel like, I got of a bit disclosure and I can look forward to the next book, but not be discouraged because we were left hanging without any answers. I am definitely reading the next installment and it's a good thing I don't have to wait long!

Profile Image for Clarissa Wild.
Author 94 books5,211 followers
Read
NOW LIVE!!
Amazon ► http://smarturl.it/snare
iBooks ► http://bit.ly/snareitunes
Kobo ► http://bit.ly/snarekobo
Barnes&Noble ► http://bit.ly/snarebn
Google Play ► http://bit.ly/snaregp

I can't wait for y'all to read this!

UNEDITED EXCERPT:

© Clarissa Wild, 2014

Prologue

When the life you know and love falls apart, you cling to the things that keep you safe—the people who bring you warmth and comfort, the ones who take you out of danger and into the light.
As the world came crashing down upon me, I chose to let everything go. My mind wandered into darkness, leaving behind every trace of anguish. It was my mind’s way of saving what was left of my soul.
Holding onto him was the only thing that kept me going. Kept me alive. He became my anchor. Sebastian Brand—the man who pulled me from the darkness and brought me into the light.
I want him. I crave him. I desire him and devour him when he is near me.
However, I never imagined I’d be forced to let him claim my body. That I’d be captured and taken against my will.
That I would come to need this man more than my sanity.
As I hang from the ceiling like a strung-up doll, I feel free. His finger slides down my chest, between my breasts, and moves achingly close to my nipples before returning to my sternum. He traces a line to my stomach, leaving a trail of fire. All my senses come to life as he strokes me delicately, carefully, as if his finger is the baton and I am the instrument he’s conducting. Whimpers that must sound like music to his ears slip from my mouth. I’m a slave to his touch. This controlling man has me under his power, and I’m loving every shameful, immoral moment that we share.
He bends between my legs and presses his lips down upon my skin. A need so vile and pure grows inside me, and I give in to delirious, detrimental pleasure as his tongue strokes my inner thighs.
I am a captive, and yet I don’t feel like one.
At the mercy of a captivating, passionate man, I come to life.
In the hands of a cruel, vicious monster, my breath is stolen.
Even in the most dire of situations, trusting the wrong person could get you killed.
Trusting Sebastian Brand was the biggest mistake I ever made.

Chapter 1

Providence, Rhode Island – April 20th, 2013

I freeze and let his words sink in. He doesn’t know me. Not even my name. What is going on here?
“It’s me,” I say, placing my hand on my chest. “Lillith.”
He frowns, his nose twitching in disgust. I hate that suspicious gaze in his eyes and the way his body is slightly slanted, as if I’m a lunatic approaching him for no reason.
“And I’m supposed to know you?” he says, raising an eyebrow.
My lip lowers, my heart strangled by tangling dismay. “How is this possible?”
“I’m sorry; I think you have me mistaken for someone else.” There’s a twinge in his voice, and it’s almost as if he’s in a hurry to speak the words. “Excuse me, Miss, but I have to get going now.”
He steps past me and walks down the sidewalk while I stare at him from behind. I’m baffled—completely shaken—from his blatant denial. This can’t be right. He knows me and I know him.
“Wait!” I call out, and I run after him, blinking my tears away.
“What do you want?” he grumbles.
“Why don’t you recognize me? You know you know me.”
“I’m sorry; I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
“Yes, you do. Stop denying it.”
“Miss, leave me alone, please.”
His ignorance hurts, but I won’t let it get to me. “No, I want to know why you’re denying that you know me. You know full well what we did in the hospital.”
He takes a big gulp of air but doesn’t exhale, which tell me he’s upset. Good, he should be. I am, too. I don’t understand any of this.
“Stop ignoring me.” I grab his jacket. He stops and looks back at me, his face so dark, so volatile; it scares the shit out of me. One jerk is all it takes to make me release him from my grasp.
“I don’t know what you want, but I suggest you leave before I call someone.”
“Like who, exactly?”
He starts rummaging in his pocket and takes out his wallet. “I don’t care, just leave me alone! Do you want money? Is that it? Here. Now go away!” He pushes something into my hand. Baffled, I gaze down at the hundred-dollar bill. No, no way.
“I don’t need your money,” I say as I follow him, crumpling it up so I can hand it back to him.
“Then what do I have to do to make you leave?” he says. “Call the cops? Is that what you want?”
“No, of course not.”
“Then why do you insist on following me? You don’t know me.”
“Care to explain how I know your name then, Mister Sebastian Brand?” I scoff.
“You could’ve gotten that from anywhere. I’ve heard about enough now,” he hisses.
“I’m not leaving.”
He doesn’t respond, so I follow him into the building next door to the gym—the exact address that I found on the internet when I searched for him. I knew it; he does live here. Why else would he go in here?
“Mister Brand, are you honestly going to deny the fact that we have been talking for ages now?” I try to ignore the guard at the desk, staring at us from under his glasses.
“Yes. Yes, I am.” He smiles at me while pressing the button on the elevator.
I make a petty face. “You can’t fool me. I know you know me, and I know you remember all those nights at the hospital. Don’t tell me it wasn’t real. I’m not sure what kind of game you’re playing here, Mister Brand, but I’m not falling for it.”
“Oh, I’m not playing games, Miss. If I was, you’d know.” There’s amusement on the surface of his voice.
“Oh, do tell.”
We step into the elevator, and he presses a button. I look around and notice that even the elevator looks expensive. Wood lines the walls, the bars are colored gold, and on the floor is a velvety red rug. Everything about this entire building is expensive, and from the looks of it, Sebastian is anything but poor.
“I actually happen to enjoy plenty of games, but this is not a game to me,” he proceeds. “This is serious. I’m honestly wondering why you are following me. You do realize I could have you arrested for harassment, right?”
“I’m sure you could.”
He chuckles. “I like that you’re not at all terrified. I admire that in a woman.”
“I’m not intimidated by men in suits, and you, sir, don’t scare me at all.”
“How unfortunate …”
I gulp and look at the numbers on the panel in the wall. There are still a lot of floors to go. This building is huge, and he lives on the top level. This could take a long time. A very long time alone with him. Oh, shit.
As the elevator doors close and I’m left alone with Sebastian, or whoever in the hell he thinks he is, my heart beat speeds up. I shift in place to try to hide my discomfort. I must push through. I will not leave him, no matter what he says.
“Listen, I don’t know what game you’re playing, but you know just as well as I do that—”
Suddenly, Sebastian grabs my arms and shoves me against the wooden wall, trapping me between his arms. The money that was in my hand drops to the floor.
“What? That I know you or you know me?” He leans forward. “That I did something with you?”
I swallow, staring him dead in the face, not giving in to his taunt. “We had sex.”
Squinting, he steps closer, tightening his grip on my arms. “And?”
“And it was wonderful.”
He smiles cheekily. “Of course it was.”
I breathe a sigh of relief.
“I rock every woman’s fantasy. Too bad it’s only a fantasy.”
“What?” I say. “It wasn’t just a fantasy.”
“Oh, Miss, whatever your name is …”
“Carrigan,” I sneer.
“Miss Carrigan …” The way he says my name sends shivers down my body. “Whatever you have in your mind, you’re mistaken. I would not take a woman and not remember her.”
“Don’t call me a liar.”
“I’m not. I simply think you’re confused. That’s okay. I know how to deal with confused women.”
I snort. “I bet you cause most of that confusion.”
He smiles. “Touché. You’re right, I do.” He cocks his head. “And you know what else?” He leans forward, pushing himself up against me. My nipples perk up from arousal, smoothing along his casual attire. Even though he denies every single thing I say, he still turns me on.
“What?” I ask, my lips still parted, inclining toward him.
He moves his head to my ears, making me gasp for breath.
“I mess with their heads.”
I take a sharp breath. Jesus Christ.
He places a hand on the wall beside me, squeezing my arm even harder with his other hand. “What do you want from me, Miss Carrigan?”
“I want the truth. You know me. Tell me you do. Tell me you want me. Tell me you need me. I miss your touch.”
He sniffs in my ear, but then I realize it’s partial laughter. After a while, he opens his mouth, breathing hot air into my ear. I clench my legs together from the heat.
“I don’t need anyone. Ever.”
“I know you said I shouldn’t come to you, but I couldn’t go anywhere else,” I whisper in pure despair. I don’t want him to deny me this. I can’t deal with it.
“You’re right, you shouldn’t have come. You have no idea what you’ve done.”
“I’m sorry …”
“You’re messing with the wrong man.”
I gasp as he reaches for my throat. I squirm under his arms but don’t fight his tight grip pinning me to the wall. Why is he being this cruel?
“You think you know me?”
“No … but you know me. You know I need you … I need you, Mister Brand, to make it all okay again.”
“You need me? You think you need my hands touching you? How does it feel so far?”
I struggle to stay put with his fingers slowly digging into my neck. I cough.
He comes close to my lips, almost kissing me. “You think you want this? Guess again.”
“I do,” I whisper.
“Fine.”
With haste, he spins me on my feet, pushing me down until my face is against the wall and my ass is pointing in his direction. He yanks my dress up and rips my panties down in one go.
“I’ll show you what I do to women that has them shamefully begging.”
Suddenly, his hand comes down on my ass.
I yelp in shock. Jesus Christ, he spanked me.
“Do you like this, Miss Carrigan?” He slaps my ass again, making my body rock up and down.
I push away from the wall, but he won’t allow me to back away.
“Oh no, you’re not going anywhere. You wanted me to touch you then let me put my hands all over you.”
“Not like this …” I whimper as he smacks me again.
“Yes, like this. You might deny it, but I can tell you’re that kind of lady. Someone who enjoys being conquered.” He groans. “What a nice round, perky ass. Cherry colored as well. My favorite.”
“You should see it when it’s not painfully red,” I retort in a brief moment of courage.
He chuckles while spanking me again. “Oh, playing games, are we? I like women who are a little feisty.” He spanks me again, his fingers spreading wide on my ass. “See, now this … this is what I need.”
He growls as he slaps me again, my skin tingling from the burn. I can feel the burn, and yet it excites me like nothing else. “Didn’t I tell you it was a bad idea to follow me?”
I know I’m stuck here, but I refuse to believe it was a bad idea. He is Sebastian Brand, and he knows me. I won’t stop until he says he does. However, I never imagined he’d put his hands on me like this. This elevator has us both trapped, and his hands don’t feel like they’re going anywhere else than on my ass right now. I have to deal with this a different way. “I’m sorry, Mister Brand.”
“Sorry doesn’t cut it.” He smacks me again. “Besides, since you seemed so adamant on having me touch you again, I figured I’d give you what you want.” He jerks my hair and pushes me further down. “Uh-uh, I didn’t say you could leave.”
“I never asked for this.”
“Oh, but you did, Miss. See, that’s the problem. You ask but you have no idea what you’re asking for.”
I growl, and he laughs in return. “Don’t tell me you’re backing out now; it was just starting to get fun.”
“I’m not.”
He squeezes my ass, making me squirm. “Pity.”
The bell of the elevator dings, and then it comes to a stop. We’ve reached the top level.
His hand leaves my ass, making it feel bare all of the sudden. “Playtime is up. I hope that was enough.”
Feeling humiliated, I take in a sharp breath while pulling my panties back up and my dress down. “It’s not.” I won’t back down. He might think I’m scared now, but I’m not.
“Damn, and here I was thinking you wanted me to touch you and that was it.”
I turn around, frowning, a blush growing on my cheeks from what just happened. “Is that what this is all about? Getting rid of me?”
He smiles so cheekily, so infuriating, that I growl from it.
“Aww … are you mad now?” He raises an eyebrow. “I gave you what you wanted. You asked me to need you, and I needed your ass to be red. I have what I want now, so we’re done here.”
“What? You can’t do this!” I say as he turns around.
“Actually, I can, and I have. And now you know what a prick I am. So let this be the final time we see each other.” He starts walking out of the elevator, leaving me with a gaping mouth.
“You just groped me in an elevator and now you leave? Just like that?”
“Just like that,” he calls back as he walks away.
“What kind of man are you?” I ask, baffled, as he stops in front of the only door on this level. He places his thumb on some kind of machine, and the door opens.
“Not the man you were hoping for, unfortunately. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help, Miss Carrigan. Goodbye.”
I look down at the floor, utterly shaken, and notice the hundred-dollar bill. I pick it up and throw it at him. “You forgot your money, douchebag!”
“Keep it!” He waves.
His voice resounds in my ears as he shuts the door behind him, not even once glancing back at me to check if I’m okay.
Asshole.
I never, ever, imagined that Sebastian could be such a huge dick, but he was. I wonder why. I still don’t believe him. Nobody in their right mind would touch me like that. Nobody would spank a stranger. Nobody. This has to be a farce. I don’t know why he’s doing this, but I will find out somehow. After all those nights at the hospital, I won’t give up easily. This is not the last time we’ll see each other, that I’m sure of. I’ll make it happen.
Profile Image for Chiara Cilli.
Author 49 books609 followers
January 2, 2016

Che nessuno si muova. What the actual fuck did I just read? Non ne ho la più pallida idea, ma mi ha fottuto il cervello alla grande °_°
Come sapete, mi sono approcciata a questa autrice con il romanzo sbagliato ma, come vi dissi in quella recensione, ero certa che mi sarei ricreduta con questa serie ▬ e tanto è stato!
Nel momento in cui ho aperto Snare sono rimasta piacevolmente sorpresa di trovarvi Seek, il prequel. Ciò è stata veramente una bella idea in quanto, se non avessi letto prima questo, non avrei percepito il romanzo nello stesso modo.

Bene, bene, bene :3
Cominciamo proprio da Seek.
C'è una sola parola che riassume perfettamente l'effetto che queste cento pagine hanno avuto su di me.

Fin dall'inizio ci si chiede cosa sia vero e cosa no.
Lillith è rinchiusa in una clinica psichiatrica, ma per quale motivo?
E' realmente pazza?
Oppure... oppure.

Lui è reale.
Sebastian Brand esiste.
L'ha salvata.
L'ha toccata.
E' il suo eroe.

Sebastian Brand è un'illusione.
Frutto della sua mente, chiusa a riccio per difendersi dagli atroci ricordi di ciò che le è accaduto.
Sebastian è uno spettro che può apparire e sparire senza che nessun altro lo veda.
Sebastian è colui che le lascia tanti messaggi, che Lillith raccoglie in una scatola.
Non li ha scritti lei. Non li ha scritti lei. Non li ha scritti lei.
Sebastian è un uomo che ha visto in spiaggia e le ha lasciato un biglietto nella borsa.

Non rispondere al telefono.

Sebastian è l'uomo che lei ama e che deve assolutamente trovare.
Lo trova.
               Sarebbe stato meglio se non ci fosse riuscita.

Chi è Mister Brand?
Non è un eroe. Non è amorevole. Non è premuroso.
E' un mostro.
La loro riunione, il loro faccia a faccia nei capitoli iniziali di Snare, è sconvolgente. Così brutale ed eccitante. Lui non la conosce. Lei non lo riconosce. Sebastian non è... Sebastian. Ma Lillith non ha nessuna intenzione di arrendersi. Non può. Lui è la chiave di tutto ▬ lo è davvero?

Allora lo segue.
Ovunque.
In ascensore.
Per poi essere aggredita ferocemente.
                                     Strangolata contro la parete.
                                                                  Sculacciata barbaramente.
Perché lei deve capire che deve assolutamente stare lontana da lui.
Per quale motivo?
Chi cazzo è Sebastian Brand?

Hai il coraggio di venire nel lato oscuro?
Entra nella limousine nel parcheggio.

Ma talvolta è meglio non osare tanto, se hai cara la tua sanità mentale, la tua libertà.
La tua vita.

«Volevo l'amore.»
«No... volevi me. E farò tutto ciò che è in mio potere per fartelo ricordare.»

E... qui mi fermo! Ritengo di avervi stuzzicato sufficientemente :P

L'erotismo presente nel romanzo è brutale, ricco di elementi BDSM ▬ e confesso che ci sono state alcune scene che mi hanno messo a disagio per l'alto livello di sottomissione fisica e mentale.

«Ubbidiscimi. Bramami. Tentami. In cambio io ti darò un animale.»

Ciò che mi ha intrigato maggiormente è stata l'occupazione di Sebastian, ovvero... be', non è che l'abbia capito poi tanto xD posso solo dirvi che è qualcosa che terrorizza e intriga al contempo ▬ o forse spaventa a morte e basta.
Forse non guarderete più un libro nello stesso modo . . .

«Vedo che hai applicato tutto ciò che era presente nel libro. Ben fatto.»

I miei complimenti a Clarissa Wild, che con gli ultimi capitoli mi ha fatto mangiare le unghie per l'ansia crescente, per poi farmi gridare con la battuta finale.
Quello sì che si chiama signor cliffhanger!
____________________________________________

Leggi la recensione sul blog
|| Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest ||
Profile Image for Victoria Ashley.
Author 54 books4,941 followers
January 26, 2015
Mr. Brand... Yes please!

This was a book that kept me guessing with every single page. I had no idea what to expect next and that's exactly what made me LOVE it even more. This is a dark, sexy one hell of a roller coaster ride that you just don't want to get off of. Not when it has Sebastian handcuffing you to anything and everything.

I love where Clarissa goes with this story and I look forward to reading Seize! After that ending... I NEED to know what's next.

Don't miss out on this sexy darkness.
Profile Image for Jaime.
667 reviews62 followers
Read
January 3, 2015
DNF @ 53%

I was really excited to start this after the reading the prequel but this was so disappointing. Lillith was irritating TSTL at times and I wouldn't say Sebastian was a anti hero either. This book was just weird and confusing.
Profile Image for Tanaka The Bibliophile.
896 reviews7 followers
January 3, 2016
Note that this book is a mindfuck. It will literally have your mind and heart in a funny way. Im talking about the heart beating fast, being shocked out of your mind and the ocassional jawdrop. This is dark. It contains heavy bdsm, gruesome violence, kidnapping and all the good things you see in a dark book. Read if you dare.

This is my first Clarissa Wild book and I cant believe I have not read her books before. I needed a dark book that will get me to the edge of my feet and this the book. It had me totally amazed and at the edge of socks. Totally knocked my socks off lol..

Snare starts of with a woman named Lillith who lives at a hospital institution for the crazies. Yep i had to say crazies. There she is sees, interacts and has mindblowing sex with a man named Sebastian. Shockily enough she tries to tell the doctors about Sebastian but they dont believe her. She is a given a key by Sebastian to get out. She gets out and decides to go find him. She finds him and follows him. Later finds not everything is what it seems.

Written in dual POV, Snare delves deeper into the mind. How truly insane are you. How truly do you know what things are and not everything is truly what it seems.What you may think is not the same thing as what you will see. Clarissa Wild gives us an addictive tale that makes you think long and hard whats going on. Every page and every chapter in her book makes you want to read more and more. It catches your eye and draws you in. Every emotion and scene is poured out and just grabs you in reels you in. You end up being in the book and being the characters.

Her characters are so addictive. You want to know their story. Who are they? This books plays central to two characters, Lillith and Sebastian. Lillith a woman who is sometimes naive and stupid at times but her story is one of loss. Ruled by her emotions, she is strong an steadfast. Sebastian was a puzzle . He is that hero that you love to hate but hate to love. Cruel, comnanding and a bit scary, he just made want to beat the shit out of him.

Overally this book is a true gem. Different plit that has your heart racing, addictive characters with emotions that touch yout soul. This is the book to read. I highly recommend it.
Profile Image for Anna Salamatin.
511 reviews3 followers
November 25, 2014
Lillith has found him, Sebastian Brand. She found a way out of the hospital and Googled his address. But he stands there and insists he doesn't know her. He even walks past her but she follows still talking to him, she won't be ignored. He forces money on her and walks into a building. She follows him in and then into the elevator, all the while telling him about the hospital and what they did together........ He finally grabs her by the throat, up against the wall when they exit & reach the hall way and she is shocked that he would put his hands on her in this way, a brutal spanking. he told her not to follow him, don't try to find him. Now he tells her, " You have no idea what you have done".......
Lillith is about to have her life change in ways she never knew it could. This journey will show her that monsters do exsist. They don't hide under your bed and wait for darkness to fall. They come straight at you in the day light, they hunt you down, they are cruel, sadistic and deadly....they are the darkness, they go by the name of the Genisis club..... And then the memory of her return from vacation, comes back, what she and Ashley saw, what they did to her mother and then to Ashley, she also remembers the man who helped them to do this....Sebastian. He was there..... and now she belongs to him, he will never let her go, and she will never be able to rescue Ashley from the institution.....they own everything and everyone. there is no help anywhere.
She should have never looked for him, she should have kept going when she escaped, far, far away... but it's too late now because she is trapped and she learns that hell has different rooms & the nightmare has really just begun.
Profile Image for ☆ Aimetz.
301 reviews3 followers
December 9, 2014
5 Fuckin' Stars

Clarissa Wild ha hecho algo tan retorcido que se convirtió en fantástico.
Este fue un libro que no pude dejar a un lado. La precuela me atrapó y con ese final... simplemente tenía que leer este libro como Right Fucking Now!
Pero Dios ha jugado tanto con mi mente que no lo puedo describir.
¡NO SE COMO SENTIRME!

Solo que tenido una resaca literaria y estoy a nada de volver a leerlo porque siento que algo que se escapó.

¿Quién es el bueno?
¿Quién es el monstruo?
¿Quién es el loco?

Y lo más importante de todo ¿Por qué? ¿Por qué? ¿Por qué? ¿Por qué? ¿POR QUÉ?

No puedo esperar a tener el segundo libro es mis manos, estoy desesperada así como BIEN desesperada. Y el montón de interrogantes tienen que ser ACLARADAS.

PD: Oh por cierto... Sebastian *w*

Si te gusta el "romance oscuro" y las historias retorcidas que juegan con tu cabeza.
Este libro es para ti.

Profile Image for Maika.
45 reviews1 follower
November 27, 2014
3 AM I CRAZY STARS

Story;
We have this lady name Lillith Carrigan, who is some what unstable.. this book is the continuation of Seek. Now we got that out of the way. She escaped, went to go find her boo who would visit her when she was in the institute.
She found Sebastian Brand, who is very hot and is an egnima. But he is all like, WHO ARE YOU?...
And im like whhhaaaaa? Now things get complicated.

Lillith is determined to make him remember, but ohhhh he KNOWS, but he is just trying to protect her. Because he played a part to what happened to her, her friend Ashley and her momma.
Now he just trying to push her away, but she keeps coming back. Because he is the only that make her feel safe, but his actions speaks louder than words. Now she dont know what to do! But then he say, "You are my captive now, since yo a$$ wanna follow me around. Now you have to do anything I tell you".
But in a sense he is trying to help her get over her trauma so she can remember, and run far away from him.

“My name is Sebastian Brand, and I want you to forgive me.”

My thoughts,
Will, I dont really know what to say about this one. I didmt hate it or love it, like in between. Some things got confusing, like the library the books the assignments. Like do they pick a scene or something from a book and act it out or are they just really fcked up people. I mean, the things that were done with her friend Ashley. Disgusting.
I was just thrown off course reading this one, like it was just every where. Why use sex and all that extra stuff to help a lady regain her memory. WHYYYYY?! There were some good parts, like Sebastian softer side, and his cleanliness. I mean whats up with that. And all the cleaning he did when they guys were done doing what they did. Definitely American psycho meets Fifty shades of grey × 10.
But the end though! Got me feeling like..
WHHHAAAAAA!?

That is all
Profile Image for  Linathebookaddict  .
1,337 reviews369 followers
November 27, 2014
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*
I had read Seek but nothing had prepared me for this ride. Clarissa Wild has made it in the list of my top authors in this genre. She takes the dark to a whole different level. This book confused me and tore my heart out.
We have a deeply confused and traumatized heroine and a dark, dominating hero that will make you question everything. Is Mr. Brand good or bad??? I still don't know for sure. What I do know is that he is a very complex character with secrets and wounds of his own, trying in his own way to fix Lilith. In a way... he succeeds.

The book is dark, but so well written. I found myself unable to predict what was going on and in the end I was left dangling from the edge of my seat. Emotions are all over the place but that's what happens with a good book.

photo teaserSNARE12_zps716b3ce5.jpg

photo teaserSNARE9_zps6ae0cb15.jpg

photo Excited2_zpskykksj41.gif

5 twisted stars from me...even if that cliffhanger nearly caused me to send my Kindle flying. Lol
Is it December yet??????
Profile Image for Christy McCurry.
553 reviews18 followers
January 7, 2015
Deliciously Dark ~ Brilliantly Written

Wow! This is my first book I have read by Clarissa Wild. When I first started this book I was lost, and confused. Then all the sudden everything just clicked.
So what started out to be one of those books that I wasn't sure I could finish turned out to be one I could NOT PUT DOWN! Omg ! When it all came together for me I was consumed by this story. It was Fantastic !
This is not a match made in heaven love story. It is sadistic, dark, twisted and very ADDICTIVE.. It will push your limits and take you places you never thought you could go and you will love every minute of it.

Buy it - Read it - You will Love it .
Radical Reads Book Blog
Christy~
Profile Image for 100sweet.
1,560 reviews
March 6, 2015
DNF @ 25%.

The prequel was good but this story was bad, bad, bad. The h has escaped and found the mysterious Mr. Brand. I thought he was going to be possessive and protective but he treats her like trash. Anything could have happened to her and the H just let her wander on her own. She is so obsessed with him that she keeps following him around. It was so strange. At one point the H is hunting in the woods and the h just appears out of nowhere. She doesn't have a home or anybody to take care of her. How did she end up there? The story did not flow, I was so lost. Will not be continuing this series.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for April   ♥"LOS" ♥.
2,563 reviews50 followers
April 28, 2016
4.5 Stars!
At the end of the prequel we are still left with some huge questions as far as what's happened in Lilith's life put her in a psych ward. While some of those questions are answered in this book, they are so disturbing it almost has you wishing that she could forget it all again. As the story progresses it becomes harder and harder for Lilith, and the reader, to know if Sebastian is the good guy she needs him to be or is he just another part of the evil that has find it's way into her life.
Profile Image for Reanell Tisdale.
533 reviews183 followers
Shelved as 'dnf'
January 25, 2015
I tried. I really really tried to finish this one. The first 35% had me seriously confused. Then I get some of the H and I'm even more confused. I couldn't connect what so ever with the characters because of all the confusion. I don't like not finishing a book, but I honestly gave it my best and at 53% with no connection I can't go on. This book is getting great reviews from others and I wish the author the best with this series, but it's just not for me.
Profile Image for Becca.
857 reviews13 followers
May 25, 2018
Dark and twisted mind f@ck. Keeps you on your toes and guessing from beginning to end
Profile Image for Folla.
9 reviews
April 16, 2017
This was a roller coaster read....
I really loved it and I have to say it's different, it kept me questioning every word till the end , it's really dark and you could say scary but it caught me till the end, the thing I didn't like about it that I couldn't connect with Lilith or Sebastian's feelings, both are so rich in emotions that didn't come out on paper but still I couldn't put the book down.
Reading seek is important before reading snare or you'll get deeply confused.
Overall it was a great read and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Profile Image for Hajar BookLover.
201 reviews23 followers
February 4, 2016
5 breathtaking stars !

This book is a roller coaster of emotions.
Lillith and Sebastian are the most complex characters I've ever read. At first I really hated Sebastian and kept despising him until the very last chapters. He's the image of darkness, mystery and confusion. One time, he is this dominant douchebag who takes whatever he wants at any time without any second thought and then he's all softness and caring for Lillith's needs.

“I take on the sinners, Lillith. Those who tread on the edge where the lines between what’s right and wrong have long been blurred.” He cocks his head as he turns back around to face me, the belt wrapped around his fists. “And you, Lillith, don’t tread on the line of morality, but on the line of sanity. I appreciate that difference. I enjoy new challenges.”

Lillith is this desperate woman who has blocked out everything that happened to her and who has this strong need for Sebastian's love.
There were some shocking scenes where I thought "What the hell is wrong with you Sebastian ?" and times where I really was astounded by his "soft" side. What intrigued me the most is that I couldn't predict anything that will happen, so there was the suspense factor that kept it all exciting.

I need her. I need her acceptance to forget about the horrible things I've done. I need her submission to feed my addiction of control. I can't let her go

With Sebastian's POV, sometimes he's hating himself and other times he's loving his life. He's in a constant war with his conscience. The most intriguing part of this book is the club that he's a member of , I have my suspicions of what they're doing but then again each time I thought I understood everything comes a part where my mind is completely f*cked.

So I'm in this love/hate relationship with Sebastian. It's the first time that I can't make up my mind about a character. I can't wait for Seize and don't get me started about that cliffhanger in Snare, 'cause I'll just start yelling and cursing (YES I'm sensitive and I HATE CLIFFHANGERS but meh! What can I do about it ? NOTHING but waiting.)
Profile Image for Shay.
1,267 reviews40 followers
November 17, 2014
I just finished Snare and wow, what a read. I enjoyed it. I thought I knew, but had no clue. This is apart of her new series so it will be recommended to read Seek first to get an idea of the characters. Lilith is on a mission, she has escaped the mental hospital and she is looking for Sebastian. He is very real but had no clue who she is, or does he? That is the question. Lilith still doesn't know what happened to her for her to be in the mental hospital to begin with. I can tell you that it would sure be a traumatic experience. Sebastian is an asshole and doesn't want anything to do with her or so he says so he scares her off but she cannot stay away. He tries to instill fear in her but what happens when the very fear you install turns into something more? You have to read more to see how their story will unfold.

I enjoyed the story. There is much more to it than you would think. I thought that the idea was an original one and kept me interested through out the whole story. I thought that it flowed really well and cannot even believe where it went. Im shocked to say the least. Its something that I didn't expect but was intrigued.

Sebastian, man I don't know what to say about him. He is controlling, sexy, and disturbing? If I must say. He is quite the enigma but does he have some redeeming qualities. Ask me and you will get different answers but I will say that Im enamored by his character. He is so freaking crazy but cannot help but see the imperfections that he is trying to overcome in a way. Lilith, she is a strong characters. I really enjoyed her at first and thought that when she came to him, she became weaker like she needed him to survive. I get that. He was her safety in a trying time but once she really saw him for what he was, she became stronger. I had hoped for that. I can say that their chemistry was so freaking hot! It scorched the pages, that's for sure.

I enjoyed it immensely and cannot wait to see what happens!

Story 5

January 6, 2016
..............
...............
...............
^ This is how I was when I was done reading this book, I was literally speechless. I was not expecting half of the crazy shit that happened in this book and I loved every second of it. It was original and it had all sorts of twists and crazy craving type obsession things in this book. Clarissa did an AMAZING job with the book. When I  got to the end my heart was racing and my blood was out of control only to find out that I have to wait till I get the second book to know what will happen. I love and hate cliffhangers. I want more so much more, and I will get my lovely hands on the next book soon, you can count on that. It had dark twisted feelings and sex, crazy sex, some tenderness but not much. If you do not like blood, sex, crazy men, and demanding then this book is NOT FOR YOU. But if you are like me and love all of the darkness-ish things then this book should be next on your boat.

Sebastian is a bad man he has done a lot of bad things but yet he can not take them back, he is a man who likes to be alone likes his space likes to have no one in his business. Till something happens and he cants take it anymore. He does something that he shouldn't have done. He saves Lilith. When he sees that she found him his whole world changes. He tries everything in his power to get rid of her but she just won't leave. He craves her and soon he will not give her up.

Lilith has a horrible past she blocked it out and she can't remember any of it only Sebastian Brand. People think she talks to herself in the mental hospital and he makes it look that way. Then she finds him and no matter how she can not stand him she can't stay away from him. She is completely obsessed with him and she can't and doesn't want to leave him. but when the truth comes out will she still want to be with the big bad monster that has her soul?

MORE ON BLOG!
SERIOUSLY HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH FOR THE NEXT BOOK ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL

My mind is so F***ED after reading Seek and Snare I will never recover !! Clarissa Wild has taken crazy and given it a whole new meaning !! The possibilities flying through my head while reading are insane. The actual things happening in the book are even more insane !! This is the type of book that makes me question my sanity !! Why the hell am I loving this and unable to put it down. There is abuse and torture and despite there being this hot alpha crazy guy I really should be ashamed of myself for enjoying this book !! BUT I AM NOT !! I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE !! I NEED MORE !!

We met Lillith and attempted to figure out her story in Seek , locked away in an institution with her best friend after their vacation but we have no clue why. Ashley doesn't tell us and nobody believed her when she did tell , Lillith does not remember therefore we may never know. The only thing Lillith remembers is Sebastian , her savior, the guy who comes to her and helps her feel better. Now here she is standing on his doorstep , face to face with this man and he is not who she thought.

Sebastian is sick and twisted no doubt , but there is something else about him , something Lillith witnessed that made her fall for him. He is the most confusing man ever and even though we get his POV I am still twisted up trying to figure out his gameplan !! He is involved in some crazy business dealings with some scary guys but you never get the whole story of what they are doing. Sebastian wants Lillith , to claim her as his , he also wants to help her with her memories , but why ??

Follow them on this crazy twisted journey and hold on tight. You will need help during and after reading this !! Not trying to spoil anything but this book gets way more crazy before we get any answers and even after the answers there is more crazy to come !! MAJOR CLIFFY - WOW
Profile Image for Jezabell Girl.
1,074 reviews69 followers
March 11, 2016

Well, she's gone and done it again. Clarissa has once again messed with my head but in the best possible way!!! Yes, I knew this book would end in a cliffie but the story has so many unanswered questions and plot twists and turns that by the end of the book, the cliffie is the least of your worries.

We finally find out, in part, who Sebastian is and also, in part, who Lillith is but there are still a lot of unanswered questions about their individual and combined pasts. Lillith starts to piece together her painful past, with the help (!!!) of Sebastian but his methods of offering support and succour are anything but conventional.

This is a dark book and as we are warned at the start covers some emotionally disturbing subjects but by the way it is written, what you experience is more inferred than explicit. I must be crazy but I kinda like Sebastian. I find it hard to believe he is fully who he is portrayed to be and I can wait for the next instalment to hopefully be proved right.

Once again Clarissa's writing style in this book has depth and a poignancy that is rewarding to her fans and new followers alike. I have really enjoyed these two books and I hope that the series continues in the same vein.

description

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Jezabell_girl

Google+: http://google.com/+JezabellGirl

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/JezabellGirl

TSU: https://www.tsu.co/Jezabell_Girl

Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,893 reviews820 followers
January 16, 2015
Leigh‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.25 STARS

What on earth did I just read?!? I mean, I liked it! I’m just not sure what to make of it.
Lillith finds herself in a mental hospital with no knowledge of what happened to her. All she knows is that her best friend is locked in with her and now despises her for not telling the truth about whaet happened. A truth that Lillith has blocked out. And that a man named Sebastian Brand visits her and she needs him desperately. Despite the fact that no one else can see him or even believes he exists.
Escaping from her captivity, Lillith has one mission: to find Sebastian. But finding him was the easy part. Understanding this complicated, ruthless man is what may kill her.
True to it’s disclaimer, this book is dark. It is not a sweet romance between two loving people, but a complete, dirty and ruthlessly sexy, play with your head story that substitutes the big bad wolf in for prince charming.
Sebastian is confusing, to say the least. He is savage and violent one moment, tender and understanding the next. He’s a man that does brutal and unspeakable things, and hates that he has to do them. He acts in accordance with the wishes of a seemingly secret group, yet despises these people and what they do. He pushes an already fragile Lillith to the breaking point, and then soothes her back from the edge. Whether he is an anti-hero or a psycho or a man caught in a bad situation I can’t tell, because I’m still in the dark about what is going on!
Weaving a psychologically intense story around interesting characters and feelings that vacillate wildly between love and hate, Snare will trap you and hold you to the end. And leave you wanting to find out more.
Profile Image for Becca.
687 reviews50 followers
November 13, 2014
Just when I think I know what Clarissa Wild is capable of, she finds a way to prove to me just how wrong I am. Snare left my head spinning. I’m still trying to come back down from the rollercoaster that is Lillith and Sebastian’s story. Picking up right where Seek left off, I loved finally getting to see these two in a more natural environment, pushing each other and seriously heating things up in the freedom of being beyond the walls of the institution. I am definitely addicted to this story, unable to look away from Snare’s dark and twisted pages.

Clarissa Wild has created an incredibly complicated man in Sebastian Brand. As Lillith gets to know Sebastian, Clarissa gives us a peak into his mysterious world. There are so many pieces to this puzzle and we’re still missing some when this book ends, but as parts of this story came into focus, I couldn’t help but be blown away by the intricacies of the plot. Clarissa has carefully executed every aspect of this story, always ten steps ahead and never letting the suspense fizzle.

Nothing is as it seems and everyone is hiding something (or a slew of somethings). The relationships that are revealed are more twisted than I would have ever imagined and I found myself deep in the darkness with Lillith and Sebastian. There were moments of truth that caused my heart to break, stretches of all-consuming lust, and flashes of vulnerability that left me desperate for more. Clarissa Wild has fabricated a haunting world of secrets and deception that will leave you guessing and totally enraptured.
Profile Image for Lucii Dixon.
1,089 reviews47 followers
November 26, 2014
*Book received in exchange for honest review*

Sebastian Brand is a man not to be trifled with, he's a dark, depraved individual. He's a little like marmite, you will either love him or hate him. In the end, I LOVE HIM!
The girl escaped a mental institution where she was being held after trauma induced amnesia. The only thing that got her through those days in that hell hole was Sebastian. When she finally escaped she goes in search for her mystery hero. But will she still love him the way she did while in the institution?

There is a prequel to SNARE called SEEK. It's currently free on Amazon and is just as awesome as this one.

Clarissa Wild really out did herself with this series so far. It's absolutely amazing the way she writes, the way her mind comes up with all these scenarios. This story will have you captivated from the start, and will have you on tender hooks the whole way through. The anticipation has you sitting on the edge of your seat!

This is aimed at mature adults of over 18. It contains Violence and sexual scenes of a manner in which you may not find written else where.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Profile Image for Nicole.
1,606 reviews32 followers
January 5, 2015
This picks up just where Seek left off with that crazy (no pun intended) cliffhanger, only Sebastian has taken on a different role when it comes to Lillith. He wasn't prepared for how determined Lillith is in her quest to get him to admit that he knows who she is.

There are many, many faces of Sebastian that change quicker than you change socks. We get to know him and learn a little bit about his background, and those glimpses are far and few between. His treatment of Lillith swings between opposite ends of the spectrum; there are a couple of instances where he actually treats Lillith carefully, almost tenderly. But almost as quick as you blink, he's morphed into the stuff of nightmares and, takes command of her body in ways she can't even begin to comprehend. There is a reason why he's doing what he's doing when it comes to how he's treating Lillith (although I'm sure Dr. Phil would disapprove of Sebastian's methods), but eventually she remembers everything that happened that led up to her being institutionalized. And it's a f*#ked up story.

I cannot wait to read the next part to this series, this is one of the better series I've read in a long while.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 142 reviews