Start by marking “Hotwire (Christy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hotwire (Christy, #2)

Hotwire

(Christy #2)

But soon she realizes the car thieves are much more than they s
Published October 20th 2014 by O'neal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hotwire, please sign up.

Kathy
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I liked this one more much more than the first in this series. I enjoy reading the occasional mystery/thriller and Hotwire did not disappoint. It is a fast paced story with lots of twists and turns.

I loved the "team" Christy works with and can't wait to read the next book to see them all in action together again. Although I certainly hope the roadblock to the relationship I want to see develop somehow gets dissolved sooner rather than later.

Rating: 4 Stars - Great Book

Content: violence that is
Melanie
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Adrenaline Rush, but I liked this book even better! Christy has a new assignment. As Amber Smith, she's going to high school to get in with the group of kids who are stealing expensive, high profile cars. It doesn't take long for her to get in with them. There are reasons for her team to question why they're involved in this assignment and it turns into something much bigger than they originally anticipated.

The man she goes up against in this book, Alexander, is dangerous and scary. Sh
Veronica
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

We join spy Christy as she goes undercover in a New York City school to investigate a car stealing ring backed by her handler Jeremy and two other agents.

I love the way Ms Hogan writes. There are so many threads to her stories and she reveals things at just the right time and keeps you guessing. She also does a great job keeping you on the edge of your seat as the investigation unfolds and ends up where you don't expect.

I h
Cathy
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. This book has it all. Romance. Danger. Christy. Action. Adventure. Subterfuge. Christy. I can't say enough about how much I love Christy, her character just gets better and better with each new story. I love how there ends up a little part of each of the people that she's been in each new book. Christy in this book is way more sure of herself and knows better how to handle herself than she has in any of the previous books. I also really love how close she's able to work with Jeremy ...more
Christy
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Christy is back for another round of adventures. Finding out who is stealing cars no big deal after her last time, there no way it could end up like it did before, right?
Jumping back into the world of division 57 was great. I loved Christy strong character in book 1 and she didn’t disappoint at all in this one. More action thank the first and a slighty harder edge

Wicked Reads Review Team
Jordan
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it

Hotwire is a fast-paced sleuthing rush of adrenaline. It will leave you nail-biting, on the edge of your seat as the culprits are revealed and the stakes grow almost too high to fathom. If you’re looking for the next book that will keep you up all night, frantically flipping pages, hyped up and eager to uncover the clues, add this to your TBR now.
Dawn Liddle
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for wicked reads review team.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through.
I really liked the main character Christy, she had sass.
what I loves was this book kept me guessing and did not reveal the plot straight away.
if you want an action packed book that will keep you up to the wee hours of the night, this is the book for you.
Tikaa
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
* 3.8 stars *

See original review here:

After reading the synopsis and thinking, "Mmm, I haven't read anything like this before." I decided to give it a try. I was super pumped to dive into this story, that I even began reading it an entire week before my tour date. But I will admit that my expectations were a bit high, and I was left just a tad bit disappointed.

Hotwire follows our protagonist Christy Hadden, a 19 year
Kathy
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, young-adult
Another excellent Christy story.
Angelyn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good clean action. Great for teens and even I enjoy them.
Sarah Aisling
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Hotwire is a fast-paced novel about the investigation a car theft ring, but something far more sinister is uncovered during the operation. Although Hotwire is the second book in the Christy series, I had no problem reading it as a stand alone.

From the blurb:

Rhonda
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I liked it so much I went and bought The Watched Trilogy last night. Which is the first three books about Christy I believe. I enjoyed the characters I read about. Sorry to see that one won't be coming back. I thought it was exciting story. Sad that so many students were sucked into making wrong choices so young. This is a clean read but their is a lot of violence in it..

Christy Hadden is nineteen and just got a new spy mission. She is going back to high school in New Your City. Where the
ReadWriteLove28
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rev-on-amazon
Real Rating: 4.5/5 stars.

When I signed up to read Hotwire for the blog tour, I didn’t pay attention to the fact that it was the second book in a series. It was only after I was accepted into the blog tour that I noticed this important piece of information. With that being said, I was a bit hesitant about reading this book, because I tend to like to read books in the order that they were written. Luckily for me and hopefully everyone else that chooses to read this book, Hotwire was able to be rea
Katie W
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Adrenaline Rush, but liked this one even better. This is Book 2 in the series, but they can stand alone, since each book is about completely different missions.

Christy is an 18 year old spy and as I mentioned in my review of Book 1 (found here), I don't think I have it in me to be one myself. I was on the edge of my seat, wondering how in the world she was going to get out of some of the situations she found herself in. She is very resourceful and is able to think fast on her fe
Jennifer Thompson
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christy Hadden is a spy. Though she is only 19, earlier experiences motivated her on a fast track through training. Now, she is on an assignment with her team, in New York City.

This book starts out fast-paced, and continues on to be filled with edge-of-your-seat reading. The primary characters are quite "spy-like," giving you just enough information to like, or maybe to dislike some of them, and to get to know them just a bit, yet not enough to let you in on too much of their private lives. In o
Becca
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an exciting book. It kept me on my toes especially at the end.

Christy Hadden is put on a team to search out a car theft ring. She finds her self undercover as a High School(er), and is thrown right into the think of things.

There are some fabulous characters on her team and they seem to have quite a good relationship. Most of the time. When they were being casual with each other their banter was funny. They knew how to have each others back when the time came. They worked really well tog
Adelynne
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I must admit, I didn't read this first book, Adrenaline Rush, before reading Hotwire. In fact, I still haven't read it- and now I really want to. Hotwire is a very enjoyable young adult mystery/thriller novel with a spunky main character and unique side characters. It's also able to be read as a standalone novel, so no worries about Adrenaline Rush!

This is a rather fun and light mystery that keeps you guessing throughout the story. I think my main problem with Hotwire was simply that it was too
Dorine White
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chrissy Hadden is a young spy teamed up with three others to find a stolen car. To uncover the car theft ring, she goes undercover at a high school where the very wealthy and poor mix. The suspected teens are rough characters, ones that Chrissy's team is hesitant about her contacting. But, the director wants the car found, and he will take no excuses.

As Chrissy infiltrates the team she is thrown into the chaos of the Russian mafia and men who will kill with no thought. Throughout it all, she mus
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
3.5 Stars

Hotwire was an adventure and suspense filled story about Christy, an eighteen-year-old spy who works for a US black ops unit. This is the second book in the series, but you could read the stories separately up to this point as the missions are completely separate. Christy is an interesting character as is her team and I like how their friendship and camaraderie develop as they work together. There is also some sweet romance, but it definitely isn't a focal point of the story.

I liked Hot
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
It's true. What the blurb says above? You won't want to put this book down. I sure didn't want to but I expected that going in. I looked at my day when I started this book and thought it was going to be tough putting the book down when I had to do so many other things that day as well. If you've read anything by Cindy Hogan, you know that she writes suspense and tension really well. All of her books, for me, have been fast paced, full of action with killer tension.

I first got to know Christy in
Mindy
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book had me on the edge of my seat for every page. I loved it! Every turn there was something happening and it had such shady characters, I didn't know who to trust, or what could possibly happen next. Cindy took Christy to another level of awesomeness with Hotwire. I have to admit, the last half of the book kept me up late to see how it would all pull together. As much as I have enjoyed the other Christy books, this one was my favorite. Mostly because of one person, Jeremy. I was thrilled ...more
Ashlee
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
My first introduction to Christy was the book "Watched" and even though I read it a few years ago I remember really liking it. Sadly I haven't read any other Christy novels until this one so I don't know how she became a spy but I will say she is great at it. I really enjoyed this book and Cindy really pulls you in quick and keeps you entertained. The storyline of car thefts and the mob was a good one. It was crazy to read how good these young people were at stealing cars and I couldn't believe ...more
Davidandkelley Crandall
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love picking up a book that absorbs me from page one! Hogan cleverly created characters with detail, who are both relatable and grounded, making it easy to transport to the world of the high school students. This is a book that truly confirms how imperative the adolescent years are and how every decision can affect future interactions. ‘Hotwire’ kept me quickly turning the pages as I couldn’t wait to finish. Christy is a character who unconventional women can easily support with her caring nat ...more
Donna Weaver
WHAT IT'S ABOUT
Division spy Christy Hadden can't wait for her latest assignment posing as a student at a prestigious New York City academy and car thief extraordinaire. The best part of the mission is her attractive handler, Jeremy, and her new team. The worst part? The sociopath masquerading as the academy's most popular guy. But soon she realizes the car thieves are much more than they seem. Her simple spying mission becomes more dangerous than anyone imagined. If the organization discovers he
Patricia
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hotwire by Cindy M. Hogan is definitely a fast paced thriller from page one. There is no slow introduction to this story and Ms. Hogan jumps right into the action and it doesn't slow down the entire book.

That being said, I found the Ms. Hogan's writing to be very creative and I am amazed how she manages to recreate the drama of high school and yet maintain the high tech spy tone as well. This novel is filled with suspense and intensity. The characters are very well thought out and, other than th
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~Dee's Review~~~

What starts out as a plan to infiltrate a local ring of car thieves, escalates to international proportions, much deeper and more dangerous than imagined. The suspense and mystery rises by degrees with each chapter. Excellent plot. It keeps you riveted and holding your breathe.

The finale was awesome! Descriptions of the struggles and fights, the arguments, the battles, the way the whole finish unfolded was so precise, I could see and feel the action like watching a movie on te
Andrea
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

A few years ago I read Watched by Cindy Hogan. I don't remember a lot about it, but I thought enough of it to review Hotwire. It turns out that the main character is the same character in Watched.

Hotwire reminded me of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series initially, but moved on and was more mature/intense.

Christy is really mature for 19. I was surprised by how intense the violence got. It wasn't over the top, just more than I anticipated for a book I thought teens would probably read.
Konstanz Silverbow
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hotwire . . . Ohh the feels! I laughed (sometimes probably when I shouldn't have). I cried (a lot and not always for the reasons you’d think). And I was most definitely tense! Oh my goodness, most of the book had me curled up in a ball, so tense I couldn't move, could barely breathe, flipping pages faster than should be humanly possible!
This book kept me up at night! It’s one of those books that makes you think about every aspect of the story as you go through your day – or in my case, the week!
Susan Tietjen
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hotwire is Cindy Hogan’s best Christy spy-novel yet! The Division has Christy assigned to a special case, tracking down a stolen car, but no one knows why this car is so important. What Christy’s team has managed to unearth is a connection to a group of high school students, enlisted by their shop teacher to car jack upscale autos. As Christy follows the trail from abused teen girls to a wealthy, psychopathic high school boy, she not only finds herself face to face with a crime lord and his henc ...more
vvb
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story quickly progresses from high school romance, crushes and drama into some hotwire action with undercover activities.

As the main character, Christy, gets deeper into her assignment she finds out there is more going on than expected which turns out to be more dangerous. But being part of a spy division, Christy has colleagues looking out for her during the sticky situations.

And through it all, Christy has to juggle guys coming onto her as well as manage her heart which is seems to be a

• Fade Into Me
  • A Tale of Light and Shadow (A Tale of Light and Shadow, #1)
  • Topaz Heat (The Jewel Trilogy #3)
  • Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)
  • Penumbras (Middle School Magic, #2)
  • Letters to My Future Husband
  • Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
  • This Is How You Fall
  • The Artful (Shadows of the City, #1)
  • Shatter
  • Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries, #2)
  • Secrets Kept
  • The Past Came Hunting
  • What Is Lost (What Is Hidden, #2)
  • When the Right One Comes Along (San Diego K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Always Remembered (Never Forgotten, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author, Cindy M. Hogan is the author of edge of your seat, young adult suspense novels that always have a dash of romance, because every book should have hot guys and girls in them. Her first series, the Watched Series, skyrocketed her to number one bestselling author and she hasn’t let up since with over 20 novels to her name.

She never sits down to write, instead, she walks

Christy (4 books)
  • Adrenaline Rush (Christy, #1)
  • Fatal Exchange (Christy, #3)
  • Redemption Lost ( Christy#4)