Start by marking “Cursed (Brides of the Kindred, #13)” as Want to Read:
Cursed (Brides of the Kindred, #13)

Cursed

(Brides of the Kindred #13)

Commander Stavros Rii of the Kindred is a Sin Eater - thick black lines cover his back and neck causing him to feel the pain of others. It is a curse that threatens to shorten his life and makes him unable to bond with a female - not that he's ever found one he wants to bond with.

Until he meets Charlie...

Charlie Sayers is an agent with the Earth Protection Bureau - and an
ebook
Published 2014 by E.A. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cursed

Sophia Triad
Main characters: Stavros (or Stav) & Charlotte (or Charlie)
Type of Kindred bonding: Blood Kindred and Sin Eater

The story of Stavros with the indigo eyes, auburn hair, high cheekbones and strong jaw and the curving lines of ink in a strange shifting pattern around his neck which seem to change if you stare at it too long: A Blood Cursed Kindred or Sin Eater.
Charlie hates Kindred. Because of them, she lost the closest person to her. She will end up falling in love with a Kindred and begging hi
Bookobsessed
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I will usually only review a book if it is either really good or too awful to remain silent. Cursed was one of those books that irritated the living hell out of me.

I'm a reluctant fan of Evangeline Anderson's. There is just something about this series that compels me to continue reading even to the end. The recurring theme in this series is damaged, nearly broken people who realize they are missing out on life, but not until the very end. The story could've been better. I fell in love with Found
Lucy
Dear Ms Anderson,
It is possible to write conflict without making your heroine act like the following:

Stupid
ignorant
flippant
childish
indecisive
irrational

PS - HIRE AN EDITOR
======
Okay, now for the review.

This is the problem I have with EA stories. The writer has so much creativity and great ideas but the execution is completely off. I was with the heroine for about 43% of the book until (view spoiler)
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Commander Stavros is a Sin Eater, he can feel the pain of the people around him like it was his own, shunned by most other Kindred, the cursed are destined to life solitary and short lives, unable to take a mate. However, he soon beings to question his ability to take a mate when he meets Charlie, a woman who seems to despise not only him, but all Kindred and yet he can't help but feel drawn to her. When they are both sent on a mission together to save Earth from the Enhanced Ones, they
starsaga
1.5 stars, the heroine was too angry to like.,
Not a good addition to the series. Too much hate and anger in this heroine and it went on for too long. The hero was never given a chance to speak for himself and he was secondary to the story and charlotte's hatred. Personally, I've never liked the trip to the sexual healing resort, pretend to be a couple trope, in contemporary romance and I liked it even less in space. The entire reason why I read these books is because I want to read something new
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The story does have a familiar ring to it. Kindred and "partner" has to go on a death defying mission but I really like it and even tho at times I thought thats like another kindred book. It didn't ruin the book for me.
Charlie had huge issue with kindred and Starv thinking his curse will eventually kill him so he resisted Charlie.
Loved Six and his bride coming into mix. Great story and HEA.
Carol
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and it never gets old. The various Kindred are different enough to stop the stories becoming too formulaic. The book is well written and with lots of drama (and saving the world from certain doom) along with the romance. Keep them coming.
Robin
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cursed is the thirteenth book in the Kindred Bride Series by Evangeline Anderson and they just keep getting better and better. One of the things I love is I once again get to be reimmersed into the hypnotic, familiar yet continually surprising worlds the author has built for us,. Never disappointed I know I am going to enjoy the next adventure, new planets, worlds, aliens, etc. each new book in the series brings. I highly recommend reading these books in order as many of the characters and some ...more
Anna-marie Buchner
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Anna-marie by: received from Author
Shelves: not-published
“Be prepared to cry”

I absolutely love this series. I’m so hooked on The Brides of the Kindred that it’s painful to have to wait for the next releases. Evangeline Anderson did a fabulous job with Stavros’ story. “Cursed” Book #13 of the series releases October 31st and if you follow the Kindred this is a must have.

Commander Stavros Rii is a “Sin Eater” or some of his kind call him cursed. Inflicted at the young age of 6 cycles with the virus he’s had to grow up shunned by all. His own mother coul
Inked in the Bayou Book Reviews
I adore the Brides of the Kindred books. I've read every one within a week of the release date and will continue to read the next books in this series. Having said that...CURSED had a problem I just couldn't get past. This book challenged my ability to suspend disbelief. Any romance, sci-fi romance in particular, requires the reader to suspend disbelief in order to get into the story. What bothered me about CURSED was the running theme of "let's pretend we're just doing this for the job".

I felt
Pratr- Authors
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stavros is called a sin eater among his kind. Stavros carries the marks of a parasite on his neck and back, because of this he is able to feel everyone's physical pain. On his own world he is concerned cursed, bad luck and everyone shuns him. He is doomed to die at a young age and never to bond with a female. He has never really considered bonding, he knew it was never in the cards for him to find a bride. That all changes when he is taken prisoner by hard ass cop, better known as Charlie.

Charli
Ladymcbeth
Another great book by Evangeline Anderson.

Charlie looks like a badass at first, but after reading the book you can see she is a sweetheart with problems she can't overcome.
Stavros is a cursed blood kindred, and had a poor childhood, but he has a big heart too.

They have great adventures together and i won't tell a thing except this story has a lot of new developments in it.

Of course there is an HEA (thank goodness), and i even shed a tear sometimes !
Avril
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't like Charlie at all. I'm just here for Stavros.
Kristina
I gotta remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Marta Cox
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is this really the thirteenth book in this series? I am amazed that the author writes at such speed and yet still manages to maintain a standard of writing that continues to entrance this reader. I am the first to admit that sci fi romance is very far fetched and not for everyone but the sheer imagination and magnitude of plot ideas keeps me coming back to the Kindred books.
In this book the Kindred are struggling to convince Earth that it's the Dark Kindred ( an unemotional offshoot) that seek
Nickcole
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Nickcole by: Evangeline Anderson
Shelves: asked-to-review
I received this as an ARC from the author!

Stars: 5+

Overall: Stavros is on his way to the HR building to contact the mothership, but in the process of going there he sees a woman about to be raped and he can't help but step in. A moment after he helps her out, he gets arrested by the new task force that is tasked with the job of catching any remaining Kindred on Earth. Charlie captures a Kindred that is about a foot and a half taller than her and when she calls in it, her boss is more worried ab
Karen
I have been in love with this series since reading Claimed after getting it because it was free. The stories always make me feel like I am a part of what is going on. The introduction of each new couple brings something a little different to the mix while still allowing you to keep up with those who came before. The planets as well as the inhabitants are so imaginative and strange that they keep you coming back to see what will happen next.

Stavros Rii was in charge of the HKR building in Ashevi
Lauren
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: aliens, erotica, romance

We have briefly seen Charlotte before right at the beginning of the series and not in a very favorable light to the kindred. That starts off her relationship with Stravos in a bad way. Strav only has a little time left because he is cursed and can feel the pain of others. To save earth from the dark kindred they must lose as mates at a retreat to find the heart of love.

I liked both characters and thought they were pretty entertaining. The story wasn't as favorable to me as the others th
Tiffany
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, sci-fi
What I liked about this book was Charlie. A great heroine indeed. Strong,tough,brave-definitely not afraid of a stinky Kindred. Stavros is the perfect gentleman even though Charlie is constantly testing him. I like their little squabbles, especially when they get to the couples retreat. It made me think of the movie with Vince Vaughn with the same namesake.Two/Ur is a pretty crazy "big bad," and I can't wait until Enslaved. I wished we would have gotten more interaction with Charlie,Kat,Deep, an ...more
Night Goddess
Another winner!!!! I am so in love with this series, and I know I am going to go crazy waiting on the release of the next book.......The Kindred Brides series is definitely my favorite in Paranormal Erotica!!!! Many thanks to author Evangeline Anderson. Your imagination and creativity has provided hours and hours of entertainment and enjoyment........☺☺☺☺
Raine
I liked this book. They both had something in the past that made them hard to start to commit with each other, but they managed to somehow get through it. It was interesting how Charlie somehow knew Lock and Deep from book 3. Stavros was a little bit more of a sensitive Kindred and I liked how he was confused with some of the earth idioms that Charlie used.
Hollie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
my favorite in this series so far. loved it

Wow. This book was so intense. I loved the characters. The love and bond of the hero and heroine was built over time and so endearing. The plot was fast paced and there was never a dull moment. Such a great addition to this series.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
3.5 stars - Usual "Guilty Pleasure" reading enjoyment.

An extra half star for the hero Stavros being able to feel the heroine Charlie's monthly pain. If only all men could be so lucky...
Lori
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a Great book! I really like the whole series and I can't wait for more. My favourite part of this book is when Charley seduces Stav into bonding with her. Thanks for a great day of reading!!
Haylie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindred-series
LOVED it!!

After numerous stories and background of many different characters, I still do not get tired of reading about our Kindred Warriors.

This book centres around a Blood Kindred whom is Cursed. Born with a shocking luscious head of auburn hair, Stavros was bound to be different to all other Blood Kindred. When his Cursed Mark starts showing at six Cycles old, he knew his world was going to be bleak. But what Stavros did not count on, was finding himself a beautiful and feisty Human Female by
Juliana Philippa
I feel super, super conflicted right now. This book was on its way to being one of my favorites of the series—now let me be honest, Charlie got on my nerves quite a bit, so I wasn't going to give it a stellar rating, but probably 3 stars.

Then I got to 85% of the book and read the following line, which Charlie says to Stavros:
"Suicide is a very selfish act—probably the most selfish thing anyone can do."
I then read Charlie "come to terms" with the loss of her sister by changing her feelings from
Karen Voitik
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
>Book review – Cursed –

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is 13th in the Brides of the Kindred series and ends in an HEA. The main couple in this story is Stavros and Charlotte or Charlie. Stavros is a special Kindred that feels all pain of those around him, thus shortening his life significantly. Because of his “curse” Stavros doesn’t ever expect to find a life mate. At this point in the Kindred saga, Earth is at war with the Kindred and all Kindred found on Earth are arrested. Char
Angel Ludwig
Really needs a better editor but otherwise good

Seriously, editor (& author) needs to learn than T is NOT a replacement for D--shuttering means putting those close-y things outside a window, not shuddering (a shivery--and sexy--body response); distain isn't even a word while disdain is; etc.
Monika1871997
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Well... remember the girl who comitted suicide because of deep and lock's dream sharing? Her sister is charlie .Our female lead of this book. Naturally charlie hates kindred . And so she hates stavros Rii.

Then the book moves to their James bond spying. And let me tell you , you wouldn't wanna go to that spa.
EJ MACK

• Amorous Overnight (Aliens Overnight, #3)
  • Sister Katherine (Nuns of Europa, #1; World of Kalquor #3.01)
  • The Gladiators (Enslaved, #3)
  • Tempting Rever (Zorn Warriors, #3)
  • Caught by Menace (Grabbed, #2)
  • The Bound Prince (Lords of the Var, #3)
  • Apparition (New World, #4)
  • Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more

Brides of the Kindred (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1)
  • Hunted (Brides of the Kindred, #2)
  • Sought (Brides of the Kindred, #3)
  • Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4)
  • Revealed (Brides of the Kindred, #5)
  • Pursued (Brides of the Kindred, #6)
  • Exiled (Brides of the Kindred, #7)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Chained (Brides of the Kindred, #9)
  • Divided (Brides of the Kindred, #10)
“Suicide is a very selfish act—probably the most selfish thing anyone can do.” 3 likes
“All right then.” Charlotte took a deep breath. “We’ll do it. We’ll obey the letter of the law while ignoring its spirit.” “Agreed.” He nodded. “So let’s get out of here. And Stav…” “Yes?” He raised an eyebrow at her. “You can take your hand off my breast now.” “Oh!” He pulled back quickly, as though her soft flesh had stung him. “Forgive me.” “That’s all right.” She gave him a small, rueful smile. “The fact that we were able to carry on a rational conversation while you were, uh, touching me intimately, proves this can work—don’t you think?” “Of course it can,” he agreed. But he wondered—would he really be able to give his body while withholding his heart? It was a moot question. Deep inside he knew his heart was already given. But Charlotte must never know that. No matter what happened, he would never tell her. *” 0 likes