Start by marking “Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)

Resisting Her Rival

(Stealing the Heart #2)

All’s fair in love and war…

Abby Snyder finally has the opportunity to expand her diner now that the building next door is available. Unfortunately, she must compete with Nick Coleman to get it. Abby—usually über-responsible—shared one night of intense passion with the playboy, and she's been trying to forget it ever since. But then Nick bets her the building that he can
Published November 17th 2014 by Entangled: Bliss (first published November 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Resisting Her Rival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resisting Her Rival

Patty
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, kindle
** 4.5 stars **

I didn't love it as much as Stealing the Groom but still an enjoyable read!

Full review to come...

----------------------------------------
UPDATE:
October is so far away!!! Okay, not really but still. I need this ASAP!!! :)
Okay, I was complaining October was too far away and now it's been moved to November, AH!!

IT'S ON MY KINDLE!!!!! WOOT!!!
Mandy
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I enjoyed this book. Abby and Nick are kind of rivals - competing for the same building but they are really attracted to each other and have spent a night together a couple months before this story takes place. This story was really sweet with witty, loveable characters. I look forward to reading more in this series.

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
Alison Bliss
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about this book! Loved the witty humor and sarcastic banter between Nick and Abby! Terrific dialogue!! And the secondary characters (especially her granddaddy) were well-defined and added so much more to the story. This was a sweet romance with loads of sexual chemistry. I fully believed that these two character were hot for each other from page one. Superb writing, descriptive, fun, and most importantly, a beautiful love story between two characters I have absolu ...more
Wendy Fisher
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this in exchange for an honest review. Where do I start? This was an AMAZING read and it had my interest from page one! The main characters Abby and Nick have an obvious chemistry. Three months ago they spent an AMAZING night together....a night neither can forget. Now they both want the same thing....a building each needs for their respective businesses. The owner tells them to figure it out on their own and then let the games begin. Nick lays down the challenge. But is he really aft ...more
Karie
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Her Rival is a quick witted fun read. Both Abby and Nick have their own agendas when it comes to fighting for the building they both want. RWR is well written with not just likeable, but loveable characters. This happens to be the second book in the series, but there is enough back story, to read as a stand alone. However, with that being said, I am going to start at the beginning of the series. I also look forward to reading the next book to see where the rest of these spirited charac ...more
Jody
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this story! It's such a sweet read!! I loved the banter between Abby and Nick, it was humorous and sexy and it kept my attention through to the end! I loved Abby's character and have a huge crush on Nick!! I look forward to reading more from this Author!!
Crystal Wegrzynowicz
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story! Loved it! Can't wait for the next one.
Heather andrews
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nick's ego just can't handle some jabs, "no way could he let that go. "Whatever? Let me spell it out for you. We had mind-blowing sex. Best you ever had, you said." Abby she's funny in her own way and I love how she thinks she's bada**, "don't stand there with your sexy five o'clock shadow and think that I'll be easily persuaded to overlook this one." Nick he sometimes likes to let his girl sweat things out, "you show up at my house in the middle of the night, disturb the peace, and tell me you ...more
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Resisting Her Rival from the very talented Sonya Weiss, is an amazing story that will leave you smiling throughout the whole story. This is the first book I've read from Sonya Weiss, which is actually book 2 in the Stealing the Heart series. The first one is Stealing the Groom and I immediately one-clicked it, as soon as I finished Resisting Her Rival. I am extremely pleased I found a new author to add to my favorites list. Resisting Her Rival captured my attention from the very beginning. The s ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! A humor filled story with amazing characters and a quick pace make this a perfect read. It's a sweet story that has the H/h competing for the same building. Nick throws down a challenge and Abby can't resist. The banter between the two is hilarious and the secondary characters will make you chuckle. I highly recommend this one!
Kerry
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a sweet read with the right amount of angst , I never felt frustrated. I love Nick's sense of humour , my cheeks are sore from smiling through most of the book ! Abby also had a great sense of humour ; Nick:" Do you run?" Abby: " Not unless I'm being chased or going for chocolate" . I loved it, it was a very enjoyable read.
Alycia
Out today!!! Grab it for 99 cents this week only! This has some of the best banter ever. I just love Nick so much.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World*** :)

Resisting Her Rival was such a cute romantic story about two rivals fighting over a building, and whose hearts collide as they start to realize that they are meant for each other.

Abby Snyder has worked really hard to make her diner successful, and now she wants to expand it by using the building next door. But to her surprise, the person that also wants the building is non other than Nick Coleman, the undeniably irresistible playboy that
Brittany B
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
Resisting Her Rival is a sweet romance with a side of angst.

Abby is a sweet girl-next-door type. She's responsible, determined and has her heart closed off. Nick is a man with a bay boy reputation. They spend a night together,and that's all it was supposed to be.

Then comes the rivalry for the building next to Abby's diner. Bets are on and the battle ensues.

You can definitely feel the smokin' hot chemistry between the main characters and there's a lot of intrigue that comes with that as a reader
Patricia
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read that I found very hard to put down. The characters were a lot of funny. Abby was sassy and independent but inside she was lonely and sad. Nick was self assured and successful also. The games these two played to win the ultimate goal (a building) had me laughing me butt off. What they both convinced themselves was the most important goal was not what they ended up winning.
The sisters and friends were great secondary characters who added layers to the storyline and grandpa Noah i
Sue Paulsen
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review…

Resisting Her Rival was the first book that I have read by Sonya Weiss. I have to say that I loved it! It was really a fun book that I read in one sitting. I laughed a lot while reading and loved the banter between not only Abby and Nick; but between Abby and her family as well. I usually go for the more sexy books; but I really liked how Resisting Her Rival was more of a sweet (not totally “innocent”; but definitely sweet) book.

I will definitel
Ginny Kellum
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun story about a small town, where everyone knows your name and has a long memory. Abby and Nick both have histories to out live. Abby is a strong, strong character (sometimes I felt she was too strong it took a long time to see her softer side). Nick is funny and easy to fall in love with. Overall it was an easy fun read that reminded me of my own small town. If gives you hea you are looking for without the leaving a you with a cliff hanger ending. Enjoy I certainly did.
Mackenzie Crowne
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure. The small town feel was the perfect backdrop for these very real characters. Add some witty dialog and interesting secondary characters and you have a winning sweet romance. I'll definitely be reading this author again.
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged, arcs
This was exactly what I've come to expect of an Entangled Bliss story. It was sweet, funny, romantic, and just a little frustrating.
Abby is a good girl who guards her heart out of fear of being hurt and instead focuses on her diner and protecting her sisters. Nick is the misunderstood good guy with a bad reputation around town. They've shared one night together and all Abby wants to do is forget, all Nick wants to do is repeat it. When they both become interested in an empty building, they make
Elaine
Abby and Nick have great chemistry - and one fantastic night three months ago proved it - but now they both want the building next to Abby’s diner and Nick also wants Abby, so a challenge is issued! How Abby fights to resist Nick to win the challenge and he tries to win both the building and her love make this an engaging storyline with great, well rounded characters. The background of both main characters, involving violence and abusive relationships, has a real impact on their developing relat ...more
Samantha
Another great book by Sonya Weiss. Abby is used to taking care of her family and doing everything by herself after her divorce. Nick has always noticed her but she's never given him the time of day. A few months ago, a chance encounter, and a night of passion she's back to ignoring Nick until they want the same thing...the building next to her diner. I really liked this one.
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating!

I had so much fun reading this book and I could hardly put it down. The characters, each and every one of them, were refreshing. The storyline was sweet and amusing. It was a little slice of perfection all the way around.

I think the characters were what really puts this book over the top for me. Both Nick and Ab
Marian
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Abby Snyder had one of her best night with Nick Coleman three months ago. Now she barely even sees him until he places a bid on a building she so she can expand her diner. The owner won’t sell the building until Nick and Abby figure out a solution on their own. Nick still thinks about that one night three months ago and bets Abby that he can make her fall in love with him in thirty days or she can have the building.

Abby and Nick’s rivalry kept me entertained from the first page and since it was
April Symes
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
****A gifted copy was provided by the publisher for an honest review****

I cannot think of how many good things I can say about this author’s book. The scenes are written in such a way that you really can picture yourself as being there and the main characters , Abby and Nick, what can I say—such a combustive duo.

Abby is the good girl, the girl who is most likely to go far, the one who is known as straight laced and laced tight. She wants to do everything “by the book” and “what is right”, while
CL

Trope:

Chemistry: Damp squid

POV: 3rd Person

One-Sentence Summary: Frenemies fight over a building

Review: This book was just so .... boring. There was no chemistry between the characters and the writing didn't make me care about their stories, or any of the secondary characters.
Jessica Alcazar
What's not to like?!?!?!?! Abby and Nick have off the chart chemistry, in and out of the bedroom! LOL The witty banter between them made this such an easy and loveable read! I read it in one sitting!
Here's the gist, Abby and Nick had a scorching night together a while ago. They meet up again because they are both bidding for the same building...Cue the laugh out loud, pee your pants banter. VERY SWEET STORY and I highly recommend it!

ARC provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC via NetGalley for an
Shari
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read, had me laughing out loud. Nick and Abby both competing for the building next to Abby's diner, Nick throws in a thirty day challenge. They do have a one night history in their past, that Abby would just like to forget but Nick wants to takes up where they left off. This is a fast paced story that I really enjoyed.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Irene

Resisting Her Rival was a sweet, fun and enjoyable read.

Loved both Abby and Nick, loved their banter and the way they always had to outdo the other, they were both so competitive =)
This was a sweet romance with loads of sexual chemistry.

I'm enjoying this series and looking forward to the next book.

Thank you Netgalley and to Entangled: Bliss for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.

Mary McFarlane
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
More like a 3.5. Again, same as the other book I kind of knew what was going to happened. I wish we would have gotten more on his brother and grandma however that seemed like it would be big storyline then just ended with nothing. Let's see how this 3rd book will go

• The Bouquet List
  • Love Bites (Sugar City, #1)
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Guarding His Heart (Half Moon Bay #3)
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)
  • Chasing the Runaway Bride (The Donovan Brothers, #2)
  • Her Unexpected Detour (Checkerberry Inn, #1)
  • White-Hot Holiday (Real Men, #2.5)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Love Songs for the Road
  • The Doctor's Fake Fiancée (Red River, #3)
Sonya Weiss is a freelance writer, ghostwriter and author. She's addicted to great books, good movies, and Italian chocolates.

She's passionate about causes that support abused animals and children. Her parents always supported her bringing stray animals home although the Great Dane rescue was a surprise.

Stealing the Heart (3 books)
  • Stealing the Groom (Stealing the Heart, #1)
  • Stealing the Bachelor (Stealing the Heart, #3)