Start by marking “Letters to My Future Husband” as Want to Read:
Letters to My Future Husband

Letters to My Future Husband

Sophie doesn’t know what kind of man she’s looking for, so her father suggests she write letters to her future husband—and come to know him in the process. But Sophie soon learns her letters aren’t the most reliable key to her heart. This hilarious coming-of-age novel is a guaranteed laugh-out-loud read you’ll want to share with all your friends.
Published February 10th 2015 by Cedar Fort Publishing & Media

To ask other readers questions about Letters to My Future Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to My Future Husband

Jacob Proffitt
Dec 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished, lds
This book is a mess. A really really big mess, starting with a stupid title (and dumber tag) and continuing on at just about every level. It stacked up until I just couldn't any more at a third in. The title and tag are probably the biggest misstep, if only because they set expectations that are disposed of by chapter two (where the letters stop, never to be heard from again).

I can't decide if Sophie's mother is suppose to be read as funny or psychotic because everybody around her (including Sop
Kathy
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I actually really enjoyed this but a few plot twists just didn't work for me. And there were other elements I felt should have been explored further. Lots of potential here.
Content: Clean
Heidi
Sophie, at five years old, is devastated that she can't marry her father. Trying to help, her father challenges her to start writing letters to her future husband. He hopes that in doing so, she will get to know him and love him too. Maybe even find out along the way who it is she'd really like to marry. She is anything but thrilled about the idea...but warms up as she decides boys don't have cooties. The story jumps ahead quickly and she's off to Europe where her life is about to change forever ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
As a child Sophie decided she was going to marry her dad. She was determined and unhappy when he told her he was already married and that someday an amazing man would come into her life that she would love more than him. In order to help her on her journey to finding the right man, her father gave her a diary to write letters to her future husband.

The story does a few time skips. The first Sophie is in Italy and comes across her childhood crush. Circumstances are not great and put her into a pos
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Really enjoyed this one. Review to come.
Melanie
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Sophie was young, she wanted to marry her father and was devastated to learn that she couldn't. He gave her a journal and encouraged her to write letters to her future husband to help her figure out what she was looking for. She had a crush on her brother's friend, Hanno, and was sure he was the guy for her.

Ten years later, her grandmother sent her to Europe. While she was in Italy, she ran into Hanno. She was excited at first but that meeting turned out to be disastrous. She met his nice
Erika
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Know this author personally, love her and her style of writing. Super fast, enjoyable read!
Katie W
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sophie isn't perfect, but really...who is? She's tall and has big feet, which, according to her mother, will make it hard to get a husband. At her father's urging, she began writing letters to her future husband as a young age, so she could learn what she wanted. There are times when she thinks she knows, but she really doesn't know as much as she thinks.

Sophie's adventures take her to Italy with friends, where she runs into her old childhood crush, Hanno. Her eyes were definitely opened in that
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
So, the blurb makes it sound like this book is mostly about a girl and the letters she writes to her future husband. It really isn't. She writes in a journal when she is small and then she writes about her childhood crush. That's all in the first chapter or two. The journal doesn't even come back into play until the end of the book where Sophie goes back to the journal and adds a couple entries. I wish the journal had played a bigger part in the book like the blurb suggests. I didn't feel like S ...more
Cathy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute. Oddly enough, I got this review copy from a non-LDS book review for which I do regular reviews, and I'm not entirely sure why the publisher sent it out to them. On one hand, it could almost be just written for general audiences, but there are just enough references to LDS/Mormon culture, practices, and expectations that it might not make complete sense to those who aren't very familiar with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and some of the cultural quirks its members can exhi ...more
Cindi
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tausha
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute, clean read! Took a little bit to get into it but then I really enjoyed it. I would have loved to see her journal/letters have more influence in the story. There was so much talk of it at first then it kind of disappeared. I struggled with Sophia's Mom! She was so rude and critical I'm surprised Sophia turned out as good as she did. Peter was a great guy and I'm happy it worked out in the end. :)
Erica
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I thought the premise of this story was cute and I did stay up late reading.

I was a little disappointed in the whole love letter thing tho; Sophie really didn't write that many letters after age 10. Her mother was a piece of work and I felt bad for her dad. I felt this book had more potential than was realized, but still a cute, fun read.
Celeste
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
There were moments where this had funny/cute dialogue, but I couldn't get past her unborn daughter and her fighting all night long over who she should marry. The main character wasn't very likable. Not my favorite LDS romance.
Ronism
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The author is a friend of mine. She is a brilliant author and this is probably my favorite of her books! I can't wait for the next one.

LDS or not, if you like clean romance or young adult fiction--you will enjoy Letters to My Future Husband!
Diana Ward
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Letters to my future husband by Lisa Mckendrick is a thrilling, funny, and romantic novel. Sofia is the main character in this book. It starts out with the way her she looks up to dad and it is very heartwarming and cute. The way she cried after her dad said she couldn’t marry her was the funniest thing! I cried because I was laughing so hard. After the first chapter it skips ahead ten years ahead into her life in Italy. In Italy Sofia runs into Hanno her childhood crush that she hasn’t gotten o ...more
Zoe Allen
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 12
Sophia goes to Italy for the summer to experience the amazing details of the beautiful city of Florence. While she is there she meets her childhood crush Hanno and they spend the day looking at all the scenery and attractions. Hanno invites Sophie to come to his house with him and she agrees and goes with him. She realizes that she has made a mistake and that Hanno is drunk. Peter, Hannos roomate, walks in and sees that Sophie needs help getting back to her hotel. Peter agrees to take he
Candice Hayden
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this book, though it was not what I was expecting. The mother was quite horrible to her daughter, ALL the time. And then it wasn't until about half way through the book that the letters actually really came into play.

Other than that, it is a classic second chance at love novel that wouldn't let me put the book down!!!
I know that sounds cliche...but seriously, I tried to go to bed and ended up picking my phone back up to continue reading!

Though this is a second chance love, I think you w
Kezia Miller
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute!! It was definitely one of those cute, fluffy and heart-swooning kind of books but don't worry there was still some drama. After finishing reading it I was just so happy because it ended so well. It was so funny as well because of the silly things that kept happening between them. Ahh I just loved how cute it was!
Hillary
I thought this book was a cute story with an over-analytical main character I could relate to. Check out my full review: http://loveforthewrittenword.blogspot...
Shae Burton
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-romance
This is the first book of Lisa's that I've read and I really enjoyed it. She has a great sense of humor and the characters are fun and full of personality. It's a wonderful, simple, romantic read. I would recommend it to anyone!
Londi
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish there were more letters, and a "ten years later" with one out the characters, but overall it was great.
Marie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun story. I guess i had hoped to read more "letters", but overall a cute story.
Caroline Nelson
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I absolutely loved it and will read again!
KK
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-romance
This book was really cute, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I was a little disappointed, especially by the main character's relationship with her mother.
Heidi Pack
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
hilarious! I love this heroine.
Brooklynn Scott
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
I don't normally read these kinds of books, but my friend suggested I read it. First off, the title is misleading and it wasn't at all what I expected it to be about. I thought there would be more to do with the letters and unlike the blurb hinted, they didn't really help her find her future husband.
But I did like the overall story. Some things were handled way too fast, and I would've liked to see the mother daughter relationship between Sofia and her mom have a more solid resolution.
Lakin
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This novel starts out with young a young Sophie who is anxious to marry her dad. When he explains that someday she will find an amazing guy that is just for her, he gives her a journal and suggests that she write letters to her future husband in them. Fast forward and Sophie has a crush on Hanno, and writes many slightly humorous letters to him in her journal. Running into him years later, after his marriage and divorce, she is determined that he is the one for her. But, things don't go as plann ...more
Heidi
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a day. I had to know what happened between Sophie and Peter. When I started the book I wasn't sure I was going to like Sophie, but considering her mother's bossiness and almost constant negativity. But Sophie does feel genuine flaws and all. But I confess my favorite character was Peter. I think that's why I read the book so quickly, I wanted to see what would happen. I'm a big fan of good men and Peter definitely fits that definition. In fact, it's to bad that he isn't a rea ...more
Mindy
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Sophie is little, her father breaks the news to her that she can't marry him. She is heartbroken. Dad encourages her to write letters to her future husband in order to get to know the type of man she would want to marry. Sophie writes mostly about the crush she has on brother's friend, Hanno. Forward 10 years, Sophie is in Italy and runs into Hanno. They spend the day together and she is instantly smitten again. Until, he takes her to his place. She leaves in a rush when Hanno passes out, a ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Keeping Kate
  • Playing For Keeps
  • Heart of Gold
  • Hearth Fires
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • Pierced by Love
  • We're with You: Counsel and Encouragement from Your Brethren
  • Emma: A Latter-Day Tale
  • Seek This Jesus
  • Out of the Ashes
  • An Unexpected Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #1)
  • Feels Like Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #2)
  • For What It's Worth