Start by marking “Accidental Fiancee” as Want to Read:
Accidental Fiancee

Accidental Fiancee

Necessary Nuptials

Lady Grace Endicott never would have dreamed she'd be ruined by a rake. But after an innocent encounter with notorious scoundrel Lord Weston is misconstrued, her beloved sister's introduction to societyand her own reputationare put at risk. The only way to avoid a scandal is a betrothal.

Brandon RothLord Westondoesn't quite know what to think of his
Published January 6th 2015 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2015)

Start your review of Accidental Fiancee
Hannah

This was a fun and absorbing Regency tale. I especially loved the characters' interactions and the descriptions of the dresses, as well as the whole orphanage angle.

Facts of the time period were well researched, though I did spot some anachronistic phrasesand one in particular, "You look smashing" (1900s New York slang) did make me chuckle aloud.

Recommended for Regency lovers or those who want a pleasant afternoon's diversion...
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I dont know how Ive never clicked read on this book before since its my favorite book!

I love everything about this book!

Its a frequent re-read.

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!!
5/5 stars
Laura A. Grace
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Accidental Fiancée! I was totally unprepared to laugh and giggle my way through the first half of the book. Grace and Brandon were a hoot!

It has been some time since I have read any historical romance novels, but this one certainly made me want to read more of Marys books! From the beginning I really liked Grace and have to confess that I liked Brandon too. They were so different in the way they thought, but blended well together as their betrothal continued and other events
Kav
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm in a Regency tailspin! Toe-curling satisfaction guaranteed. Lord Weston is the quintessential Regency hero. His rakish past and sarcastic humour can't hide the real gentleman that lies within. I was intrigued after the first meet but when I reached page 139 I became completely smitten. Be. Still. My. Heart.

Grace has no intention of falling in love. She's given up on believing there's a living, breathing knight in shining armor in her future. Oh my goodness, but she is so wrong. But, beware,
Annie
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved that Brandon understood what Max meant to Grace.
M.A. Nichols
The first half of the book was fantastic. I adored it. The characters were funny, and the romance was sweet, and it swept me into the story to the point where I didn't want to put it down.

However, I felt like the story slowly took a nosedive. The climax just didn't work for me. It wasn't awful, but it didn't live up to to the first half of the book. It went from being a book I couldn't put down to a book I was skimming trying to get through it. I think the biggest issue was the climax felt like
Jenny Morgan
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a sweet regency romance! So clean and heartfelt. I loved it and how it made me felt as I read it.
ASC Book Reviews
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice read! As soon as I read the book description I couldn't wait to read Accidental Fiancee!!! I hadn't gotten the opportunity to read any of Mary Moore's books before this, and I was excited to finally do so. Immediately she drew me in to a story filled with characters I loved quickly! The humor, the intelligence, and the overall situation makes for a highly entertaining read! The pace is set nicely with only a few short lulls and the suspenseful scenes blended in pick it right back up! Mary's ...more
Sally
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christian historical romance by Mary Moore! I loved the dialogue between Lady Grace Endicott and Lord Weston. She is caught in a compromising situation, but she will do everything she has to in order to ensure nothing hurts her sister Lydia's introduction to society. To protect Grace's reputation, Lord Weston announces she is his betrothed. Sounds simple. Pretend to be betrothed and then break it off. But what happens when one of them is a Christian and isn't comfortable lying?

Can
Tina
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Accidental Fiancee***** by Mary Moore

1817, en route to London....after a situation which could bring shame on both Grace and Lydiawhat choice does Lady Grace Endicott have but to agree to a betrothal to the rakeLord Weston, Brandon Roth in order to save her sister Lydia's introduction to society. But at what cost to her own reputation? Can Brandon convince Grace that his wicked ways are far behind him and possibly their betrothal could be real?

I loved the interaction between Grace and Brandon
Janis Kay
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
I'm giving this 4.5 stars:) This is a really entertaining and lovely read! I love Lord Weston and Lady Grace's chemistry and hysterical spats xD I hope I get to see another rake soon! I just can't believe I hadn't read this earlier smh...

LIH hasn't been publishing a lot of regency novels lately, so I tend to save a few for when I want to escape the "wild west". I'm glad I did, though, cuz this was a treat!
Kathrin Stacked'n'Painted
I absolutely loved this story. It's a twofer, in a way, as you get two love stories, but you only follow one closely. That being said, the second love story did not take away anything from the main characters. I have to read more of the author's works!
Harlequin Books
"Moores first-rate Regency romance showcases a hero whose desire for redemption is greater than his need for approval. The heroine is a good moral example for the hero without being holier than thou" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars). ...more
John Hanscom
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Maybe even 4 1/2. This was far better than average.
Sara
Well, this book was a trip. It has so many flaws including plot-convenient behavior (that sometimes approached TSTL) and period-implausible Godtalk. The last scene is a mess, as the hero and heroine (view spoiler) ...more
Hanna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read (finished in two sittings) and it was great ! From chapter one, I loved all the characters in the book and though it was an obvious ending (with some good twists in between) it was a pleasurable light read. I cannot wait to get my hands on some more books written by Mary Moore !
Shirleen
Loved it would read again
Emily
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I'm a sucker for the fake engagement trope. It's one of my favorite plot devices when done well, and I would definitely say this book pulled it off well. This book was everything I could hope for as far as light, clean, easy-to-read entertainment goes. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, the setting, and the overall story. I will definitely be looking into Mary Moore's other novels.
Carrie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Accidental Fiancee, by Mary Moore, was released in January 2015 by the Love Inspired Historical line. I've had a few false starts on this book, but I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago. I actually enjoyed the novel. It is the story of Lord Weston, Brandon Roth, a marquis who finds himself proposing to Lady Grace Endicott, who is a complete stranger to himself. The situation is a bit ironic. Grace finds herself in this mess because she was trying to warn Lord Weston from getting trapped ...more
Zoe McCarthy
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Accidental Fiancée by Mary Moore was a fun read. It contained all the elements for romance, conflict, intrigue, and humor.

The social confines of the day put LADY GRACE ENDICOTT into an accidental betrothal when in her zealousness for fair play she makes a mistake. Known rake, LORD WESTON (BRANDON ROTH) doesnt help matters. The characters play well against each other, offering engaging banter.

I enjoyed watching how Grace and Brandon execute their rectifying plans among people who might catch them
Oct 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea of the plot and it was well written overall. However, I had major problems with the way the heroine's religion was presented. I have no problem with people having faith, what I do have a problem with is being preached at for the length of a novel and the suggestion that if you don't have God in your life you are somehow unworthy, which I find offensive and condescending. Other than the specific religious elements, the heroine was strange and not in a good way. I like quirky ...more
Justine
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
such a cute book! it's refreshing to see the trust they have for each other. (view spoiler) ...more
Hillary
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and captivating read

There are a couple of things I liked about this book
1. The faith the characters claim to hold was not fake or down played but a part of who they were. It was not an integral part of the story but it was necessary
2. The characters were charming and witty. I smiled through most of the book. The dialogue was very interesting.
3. All the characters grew throughout the story. Even the side characters were taken into consideration, to further the story.

Overall I would
Karen
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I really liked Grace and Brandon. As I read the book, parts seemed familiar, so I am unsure if I may have read this book previously, but either way, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The story carried me along, and it was difficult for me to put the book down. I look forward to reading other books by this author.

Content: Clean
Judine Brey
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, christian
This is possibly the best opening chapter of a cheesy Christian romance novel, and the rest of the book didn't disappoint. Proper girl Grace gradually falling for (and reforming) the rake Brandon was well carried off. Brandon's immediate interest in Grace and her ethics and actions made the whole relationship believable and well-balanced.
Kirsi Johnson
Clean Read...

If you are looking for a clean read, this book definitely fits the bill. However, while the plot was interesting (I'm a sucker for the regency romance genre), I can't say I loved the writing. Indeed, this book is a perfect example of the importance of the "show don't tell" practice when it comes to writing. What could have been great sadly fell to mediocrity.
Jamie Bates
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful read! I loved the theme of God's grace throughout the book, it was covered thoroughly and yet without preaching. Our lives truly are our greatest testimony to others about God. I enjoyed the depth of characters and the story line. Definitely one I'm keeping on my shelf to reread and share with friends. A must read for anyone who enjoys the regency era.
Joey P
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Didn't know it's a christian book until I won the giveaway, that's why I give a low rating. I think the story would be better without all the prayers and mentioning of God. The heroine keeps wanting to protect her loved ones or do something good but the resolves for her all actions usually create a bigger problem.

2.5 stars out of 5
Received a free copy through Goodreads First Read program
Michelle Padilla
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Won this book through Goodreads Giveaways. This is a cute romance book with very little love scenes. Scenes are mellow and not sexual at all. However, I truly loved the story and the main characters. I found myself wanting to meet the characters.
Morgan Wind
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is just a short small book that is fun to read. The characters are so funny! The story plot is great and you don't have to wait for things to get interesting. The begging of the book is so good that you never put it down!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 09:47AM

• More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers, #1)
  • Love on the Mend (Full Steam Ahead, #1.5)
  • A Search for Refuge (Haven Manor, #0.5)
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • An Uncommon Courtship (Hawthorne House, #3)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • An Inconvenient Beauty (Hawthorne House, #4)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Full Steam Ahead, #1)
  • The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
  • With Every Breath
  • Together Forever (Orphan Train, #2)
  • A Defense of Honor (Haven Manor, #1)
  • The Viscount and the Vicar's Daughter
  • Brentwood's Ward (The Bow Street Runners, #1)
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
I am a writer (and reader) of Regency Historical inspirational novels. My love for the Regency period has inspired me to write for fifteen years. My husband and I now life in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia. We have one "child" a black lab named Darcy.
When I'm not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, watch old movies and do weekend-get-aways. I'd love to

News & Interviews