Start by marking “The Harem” as Want to Read:
The Harem

Read Excerpt

The Harem

The Harem is a dramatic romance novel testing cultural boundaries through the innocent eyes of Susan Winthrop.

Getting the dream internship of her life, Susan quickly discovers there is much more involved than she ever bargained for or could have possibly imagined.

Susan Winthrop, a shy, self-conscious, nineteen-year-old college student struggling to find her way in life wi
Paperback, 1st Edition, 556 pages
Published November 11th 2014 by Kralik Consultants LLC

Maria
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Harem is a jewel of a book!
Reading it and discussing with the author was a delightful experience.
Not your "run of the mill" erotic romance.  It was so much more.
Original, well thought out and intelligently written!!!

A beautiful story with a message and definitely food for thought.
I enjoyed it and learned from it.
Outstanding work from first time novelist, Thomas Sweeney.
I look forward to more from him.
Martha Sweeney
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
WOW! This is a very powerful story. Some may believe I have a bias opinion because of my role assisting, but this is a story I have never seen before. I've been assisting with the editing for The Harem for the last few months. The novel is almost complete and looks like it will be out as scheduled for early December 2014.

Martha Sweeney
The journey the main character, Susan Winthrop aka Wednesday, embarks on is like none I've ever heard, read or seen in a movie, television or theater. The story gives the impression of a harem, but there are a variety of deep and subtle messages the author has entwined into the characters that goes far beyond the commonly expected concepts, knowledge and beliefs.

I have been sucked into Wednesday's life. She starts off as a naive college student who blossoms into a strong, confident, successful a
Amber
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!! It has such a powerful and original plot. The main character Susan(Wednesday) went through so much, and grew into an amazing person. As someone currently in college I believe benefited a lot form an educational stand point with this book. I feel like I grew a little by reading it and taking the journey with her. It got me really thinking, and questioning a lot of things in my life. The character development is so intense and thorough. Seeing how each character grew throughou ...more
Thomas
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is just surreal!  What an amazing compliment to receive!  Thank you so much, Abby!
Danielle Urban
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Harem is an outstanding novel. Written with so much intrigue, it's hard to put the book down! I was lured into Thomas Sweeney's novel from the beginning. His main character is so easy to relate too that I feel myself in her shoes at times. I can understand her feelings about college lie and getting the internship that she wanted. Her character grows into a beautiful and confident woman. At first she isn't as confident as her best friend but then later blooms into one. I loved reading about h ...more
Donna
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*
"Be proud of the fabric of who you are."
If I had to choose one single sentence that describes what I learned from this book, that quote would be it. This is a magnificent book and I am so proud to have read it. It's been a long journey but that doesn't mean I enjoyed it any less than I would a short one. This book wasn't only enjoyable, it was truly a learning experience. It's extremely detail oriented and this was one of those rare books that succ
Alice
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Alice by: Martha
WOW!!!! This is a MUST READ! I LOVED it! 5STARS

I was instantly swept into the life of Susan Winthrop (aka Wednesday) and the whirlwind journey of her life. The story kept me captivated the entire time; I had trouble putting the book down because I NEEDED to know what was going to happen next. I could relate to every character in the book in one form or another. My perspective on life has immensely changed for the positive and I'm ever grateful to have read it. This is definitely a story that wil
Chris Brinkley
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Chris by: Best Friend
So I am not the type of person that reads Romance novels like this so when I decided to read it I was kind of hesitant but something spoke to me about it. After reading the sample off Amazon I was hooked and am now on Chapter 11. This is a very interesting book on many level and really gives you the feeling of being there right in the middle of what is going on.

I feel like I am there with Wednesday, the main character, learning what she is learning and growing up along with her. I definitely wo
Alice
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! This is a MUST READ! I LOVED it! 5STARS

Abby
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start off by saying that this book was fantastic. Now, I hate comparing it to 50 shades of gray because 50 shades of gray was a demeaning book. 50 shades of graymade me feel bad about myself as a female. This book has a erotic seems like 50 shades of gray, but they're not painful to read. I don't feel bad about myself reading this book. I feel empowered. Which is completely unlike 50 shades of gray. If you want some an erotic scenes in a book that has a really good story, this is the b ...more
Sarah Brocious
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: botm
Had the honor of reading this book as a book of the month....along with the author! The insights from the direct source made my reading experience a joy! Thank you, Tom...and your lovely co-host Martha!

I started reading this book with a certain mindset but by the end all of my assumptions went out the window!
The Harem completely blew me away with its ideals...and I came away loving the characters and the "education" I received!

The characters? In our group read many of us associated with one or m
Bobbie
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am revising my review of this book.

The Harem is a must read. Mysterious, romantic and erotic with characters who are interesting and intriguing. The book is well written and the storyline will surprise you on many levels. This authors first book is a definite winner. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Glenn Conley
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
This book really disappointed me. The author took a great premise and totally skull-fucked it. I mean, why does The Harem need to be a fucking cult? Why can't it just be about a bunch of filthy whores? Everyone loves filthy whores. You don't need to make 'em shiny. You don't need flowers and champagne. All you need is hot ass.

This story is an attempt to make prostitution look like the most glamorous and exciting profession. It's about a woman who takes an internship at a large corporation. And a
Dina
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to review for a book club I am in here on Goodreads, Readers Addict. I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure about it at first but as I got further into the book the more I liked it. I liked the positive influences the Program had on the girls. Some scenes were a bit intense but not as bad as I thought they may be. I also like that it was set in the future.

There were a few typos throughout the book. These bothered me since I am an English major.

I recommend t
Winter Sophia Rose
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, Exciting & Captivating!!! I Truly Loved It!!!
Pao
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anita And
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book,! The characters are ppl you can relate to. This book made us use our brains to think and use common sense by looking at the picture as a whole not just by what someone says. The characters show warmth and strength and even forgiveness and can stay focused in a storm. Jim and I got some Great conversations out of this. Overall we just so enjoyed reading this book, and got some great lessons out of it. The Harem Rocks!!!
Terri
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
ok, so for starters, I truly enjoyed the book. My only gripe was that I felt some things were overly explained, like the scene or Susan (Wednesday) thoughts (I prefer to not have it thoroughly explained to me, I like to come up with my own ideas of the scene) Also we never find out how old Robert is or much about him. I felt the first half was a little slow for my taste but once it got going I couldn't stop reading it. All in all it was a refreshing read. Two thumbs up.
Katie Burke
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Harem. I know that I am extremely late in providing what I thought about the book, but I had personal reasons. Anyway, those of you who haven't read Thomas Sweeney's book need to get a copy. I could not put it down in between school work and my personal stuff.
Tanya
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-this-book
Loved this book!!
Nicole Strycharz
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is definitely epic!

It has so many points I have to organize myself.

1) The plot is well developed. There's a flow to the writing that is so professional I'm surprised this is the first book from this author.

2) The characters are greatly well rounded. There's a flawless amount of personality in all the people! It can be hard to assign a face to every name in a book but Thomas gave individuality to each and every character! He made it easy to follow yet intriguing!

3) The scenery I
Mandy Saial
The Harem - Thomas Sweeney (5 Stars )

A Fascinating , well Written book about Female Empowerment ........WE ARE ONE !!!

My amazon Review link Below......

Timross826sbcglobal.Net
Jan 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Boring book. I could not get past first chapter without falling asleep. -__- Yawwnnnn!!!!
Csoki
May 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't finished. I only read about %31 I was bored my head off. Very slow spaced too much bla bla bla, I have lost interest
Maria Itliong
Dec 18, 2014
Thomas
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Valerie Claeys
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2015
Natasha  Off
Jun 14, 2018
Book Trailers - C...: The Harem by Thomas Sweeney 5 17 Mar 03, 2015 09:29AM
Free Books, .99, ...: Valentine's Day Give-Away of The Harem 7 32 Feb 15, 2015 08:26AM
The Harem: GoodReads Giveaway 1 7 Feb 04, 2015 05:10PM

• Breaking Perfect
  • Atlas
  • Judgement of Souls
  • Strigoi
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
  • Run to You (100 Series, #4)
  • Taking Chances (Bradford, #2)
  • NOCTURN: Book 1 (Nocturn, #1)
  • Tainted Love (Tainted Love, #1)
  • 10-80 (Line of Duty #1)
  • Things My Husband Says (Out of the Blue #1)
  • My Love: The Perfect Catch
  • Butterscotch
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Broken (Love Never Fails Book 1)
  • Making Over Maris (Wired #3)
  • Philip's Rules (Bridal Discipline #1)
  • The Degas Girl
Having found success through music with a number one hit on MP3.com, beating Alanis Morissette and Blink 182 in 2000, Thomas has been a singer, songwriter and musician for over 25 years. His music has appeared on major radio stations nationally and internationally and Thomas has performed with several internationally acclaimed artists.

Wanting to expand his creativity and storytelling skills beyond
“... The use of your gift for good is your responsibility. You must decide for yourself.” 14 likes
“Have you ever believed in something so completely that you were willing to give up everything and everyone in your life to protect it?” 11 likes