Start by marking “Second Chance Holiday (Until #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Holiday (Until #4.5)

Second Chance Holiday (Until #4.5)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  3,276 Ratings  ·  273 Reviews
Mike Rouger isn't looking for love. He decided long ago that he would rather stay single than get mixed up with a woman again. Then Kathleen Mullings comes back into his life with her teenage son and changes everything. What happens when a man set in his ways meets a sassy woman who knows what she wants? Mix in the Mayson clan and the Christmas season and you’re sure to en ...more
90 pages
Published November 4th 2014 (first published October 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Holiday, please sign up.

Nov 06, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it

4 Stars!

Second Chance Holiday was simply a treat. In this holiday novella written by Aurora Rose Reynolds we get to see Mike Rouger, November's dad from book one in the Until Series, get his happily ever after. When Kathleen Mullings (a.k.a. Kat) comes back into Mike's life, he must decide if he is willing to take a chance on love again. I loved this holiday love story. Mike definitely gives all the Mayson men a run for their money as an over-the-top alpha and I loved it! A sweet romance that wi
Nov 05, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
4 Second Chance stars

photo 75424664-5b8c-4155-89b1-7a35c64ea173_zps3c9215f9.jpg

I love Aurora Rose Reynold’s Until series, so when I heard Mike- November’s dad- was getting his own story in the form of a holiday novella I was excited. I enjoyed this one a lot.

Mike Rouger has been burned by love once in the worst way. He’s not sure if he’s willing to take that shot again. When a woman from the past returns into his life, he just might be willing to try…

Kathleen Mullings hasn’t had the best experiences with love either, but she’s not willing to spend th
Dec 09, 2014 Mysza rated it really liked it

Well, that was quick, nice, second chance Christmas story. After nasty split up with cheating husband, Kathleen returns to her home town to raise sixteen-year-old son. She meets high school friend Mike and they start relationship based on sex, but when it's not enough for Kat and she asks for more, it develops into true love thing.

I liked it a lot. The characters are in their forties, which was great, because I rarely read books about mature couples nowadays and it was nice to do so, for a chang

“Second Chance Holiday” is a sweet, comfort read about two people who learn how to trust and love again.

Mike Rouger (November’s dad from the first book in the series “Until November”) doesn’t trust women very easily. November’s mother affected him, make him question every woman he had come into contact with. Needless to say, he doesn’t want or need a relationship. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to have a woman.

Kathleen Mullings is divorced, raising her son alone. She knows that not all men
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Dec 11, 2014 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ marked it as did-not-finish

I know what you all must be thinking: "how can Ami DNF a novella?" In my defence I totally forgot who Mike was. I don't mind reading about older guys (duh KA?!!) but it was slightly off putting knowing he was a granddad. So well save me an hour to read something else.
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo 7ByFdTNG_400x400_zpse2cb6bef.jpeg

Second Chance Holiday is by Aurora Rose Reynolds.

Mike Rouger and Kathleen (Kat) Mullings knew each other back in high school, each harboring a secret crush on the other. Jump ahead about twenty five years and Kat is moving back to her home town in Tennessee with a surly teen age son. When she accidentally runs into Mike in the local hardware store, the connection is made and a teen age crush turns into something more.

photo tumblr_ne0ko5lUEF1thzaofo1_500_zpsmoyzzxjg.gif

Mike was badly hurt in his previous marriage. He now has an adult married dau
Mitch Castro
Mar 23, 2016 Mitch Castro rated it really liked it
Shelves: rant-and-rave

Mike Rouger, November’s dad and one of the owners of Teasers, the strip club that his family owns, have been burned by November’s mom making him adamant to believe in love again.

Kat Mullings, divorcee and a mother to an 18-year old boy, have been suffering from the aftermath of divorce, is determined to believe that true love exists yet scared to take a chance.

But one afternoon, Mike and Kat met again and right there and then, the secret admiration they had before ignited once more. It started a
Dec 16, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Reading a book with characters in their mid forties was a refreshing change of pace. I'm closer to forty than thirty so I could identify. This is a very short read and I could've used a bit more story, but it was great catching up with November and the rest of the gang.
Rachel Regina
Overal rating: 4.5 "Kitten" stars!!!

Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

I have been waiting on this little gem of a story for awhile now. Ever since I met, Mike, November's Dad in book 1, I have been waiting for him to get his HEA and I AM SO HAPPY HE FOUND IT! Kathleen was a great heroine and mom. She is a great
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
4.5 Merry Alpha Stars

This is my first Christmas read of 2014 and what a way to start! Mike was scrumptious, of course, and it was really fun to visit with all of our Until Series family members.

This was super fun and really light and I really enjoyed it. If you like Reynold's "formula," hot holiday sexy times, and babies tinsel everywhere, this one is for you!
Nov 05, 2014 Shannon rated it it was ok
First of all, I really love this author and her writing style. I will read all of her work regardless. However, this is not her best, nor does it showcase her talent in its best light.

The scenes of this story just did not flow. For example, the beginning of the book Brandon just turned 16, then a few paragraphs later he was a couple weeks away from turning 18....I was lost, had to reread and assumed the author made an error. But I was wrong, because I later learned that that time fast forwarded
Jan 11, 2015 Maggie rated it really liked it

Very sweet and it was nice seeing everyone in the family doing well. : )
Nov 18, 2014 B.E.Love rated it it was amazing
The plain simple fact is that if Aurora Rose Reed writes it I will read it (makes me think if you build it they will come:). This was one novella that was just easy and fun to read. From word one I was transformed back into the world Mrs. Reynolds created and hooked. I didn't want to put this book down but at the same time didn't want it to end. When I finished and the dreaded 100% showed up I was left just wanting the next one.

One day out at the hardware store Mike(Novembers dad who shows up in
Nov 09, 2014 Fiona rated it really liked it
4/4.5 stars

I was a little hesitant picking this up since the last book from this author wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. BUT I gotta say for a short book this was a great read for me. I don't read too many novellas as I've found most in the past have failed to engage me with not enough character building and little to no plot. However Second Chance Holiday ticked all the boxes for me, great pacing and likeable characters, decent plot and Ms Reynolds signature OTT alpha. I just wished
Dec 18, 2014 Dianne rated it really liked it
Too short!!! lol :P
Nov 17, 2014 Suzana rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and nice read :)
Lady E
Nov 05, 2014 Lady E rated it really liked it
Love a mature couple!
Nov 08, 2014 Kara rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: november, 2014
Cute story. Loved getting the Mayson boys too of course.
Chris- Bookaddict
Nov 05, 2014 Chris- Bookaddict rated it really liked it
So Happy Mike got his HEA!!!!!
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
So Freaking Good!!!
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

I can't say enough that Crystal Aurora Rose Reynolds is by far in the top 5 authors that I drop everything for. I loved Mike from Until November and was so excited to see him get his HEA. Something about reading heroes and heroines in my age genre is very special to my heart. The fact that my son is the age of a lot of her other heroes ..well let's just say I'm
Jenny Brightman Harris
Dec 27, 2014 Jenny Brightman Harris rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of this series and this story is no exception to this. This is Mike and Kathleen's story. We meet Mike in Until November story, Mike is November's father and the one she runs to when she is attacked in New York. Mike is the one who opens his arms to her and lets her know that even though her mom kept her from him all these years both him and his side of the family love her with all their heart. Mike however after going through this with November is not looking to get married agai ...more
Nov 10, 2014 Aimz rated it it was ok
I feel slightly cheated and disappointed. I knew it was going to be a short story but it didn't flow well at all. There was a lot of skipping and jumping. Seemed like she was in such a hurry to release it she just left out the story and threw in words. I loved Mike. I wanted to see his happy ever after. And it was cute. I liked seeing it, just wanted and expected more of it.
Dec 05, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2014
Such an enjoyable novella! It was just what I needed!
Dec 16, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing
If you are like me, one of the best things about the holiday season is it is prime reading time (plus I tend to get GC cards galore for books, my family knows me).

Once Christmas book but not enough Christmas to choke on and I really enjoyed was

Second Chance Holiday, Aurora Rose Reynolds

This super sweet and sexy Christmas novella features a older hero/heroine in their forties. Mike the hero is 47 and the heroine Kathleen is 43. If you have read the Until series then you have met Mike before and k
Three Chicks
Nov 06, 2014 Three Chicks rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

This woman can write the phone book, and I think I would love it.

When we meet Mike Rouger in Until November we fell in love with this dad. I know what your thinking a dad, but this isn’t your ordinary dad.

His height of six feet on the dot would probably not be tall to most. His dark hair, which was always unruly, still looks the same-long enough that, if you happen to be standing nest to him, your hands itch to run your fingers through it. His natural
Turning Pages At ...: Monthly Read: Second Chance Holiday 15 13 Nov 10, 2014 09:31AM
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Sucked Into Love (Bachelorette Party, #1)
  • Time for Change
  • Brenda's Christmas Desire (Dreams Come True #2)
  • Uncaged (Corps Security, #3.5)
  • Fusion (Explosive, #5)
  • Wildcard: Volume Three (Wildcard, #3)
  • Christmas Showdown (Burstyn Blue, #1)
  • Liability (Alfha Law Firm, #2)
  • A Home For Christmas
  • The 'Burg Series: The Complete Box Set
  • Isabella (The Mitchell/Healy Family, #2)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • If I Return (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
  • Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake, #2)
  • Hot for the Holidays (21 short stories): A Collection of Naughty And Nice Holiday Romances
  • Cross Country Christmas (Woodfalls Girls, #1.5)
NEW YORK TIMES WALL STREET JOURNAL AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Aurora Rose Reynolds started writing so that the over the top alpha men that lived in her head would leave her alone. When she's not writing or reading she spends her days with her very own real life alpha who loves her as much as the men in her books love their women and their Great Dane Blue that always keeps her on her toes.

More about Aurora Rose Reynolds...

Until (4 books)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)