Start by marking “The Adventures of Alex and Angelo” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Alex and Angelo

Read Excerpt

The Adventures of Alex and Angelo

Alex and his pet chimpanzee Angelo are the young detectives of their neighborhood. When a friend's pet Iguana goes missing, Alex and Angelo immediately take on the case, and the sneaky reptilian leads them on an exciting chase. How will alex and Angelo use their sleuthing skills to solve this mystery?
Published by Lekha Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Alex and Angelo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Alex and Angelo

Start your review of The Adventures of Alex and Angelo
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I would like thank Ruchira for writing such a wonderful story that reminds of two yesteryear's detective serials1.Raja and Rancho -Shekar Suman starer and 2.The adventures of Tin -Tin. These two are detective based serials that had animals in it .In one serial there was a talking Monkey called 'Rancho' and in another serial there was dog called 'Snowy' .Both of them were loyal to their servants. These serial many of us might have seen and enjoyed.
This book also reminds me of Enid
Swathi Shenoy
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Mystery of the Missing Iguana is the first in the detective series by Ruchira Khanna. The story is about Alex and his pet Chimp Angelo, who solve the mystery of the missing Iguana. The first thing that caught my attention was the illustrations which are very cute and spot on. As a kid, I used to love such books. Reading one now brought back the sweet memories.

Ruchira has used a mixture of easy and difficult words. While it is easy for the kids to understand the easy ones, the difficult
Inderpreet Uppal
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sleuths & Surprises!
Alex and Angelo are a smart team of detectives. Alex along with is pet monkey solve mysteries for their friends and family. The mystery of an Iguana going missing and story of how it is found is fun to read and follow.

This is the first book about their adventures and they do a great job. A day in school when all children bring their pets to school leads to one pet, an iguana going missing. How the two of them help find the pet is an amusing and fascinating story. The
Sid Balachandran
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a parent, I'm always looking for new stories for my toddler. And when Ruchira informed me about her illustrated book, I was excited. We read the electronic version of the book to my son during his Christmas holidays and needless to say, he's totally in love with Angelo. My only challenge was that my little one kept confusing iguana with crocodile, but then that's his fault :)
The story is cheerful (inspite of the missing iguana) and the illustrations are spot on too.
Ruchira Khanna, if you're
Rubina
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Review of Ruchira Khanna's The Adventures of Alex and Angelo: The Mystery of the Missing Iguana
Reviewed by Rubina Ramesh

Me: Did you like this book?
R: Yes. It's mine?
Me: Yes. But what did you like most about this book?
R: The Monkey!
Me: Chimp. (I automatically corrected ) Why did you like it? Is he as naughty as you ?
R: (promptly) No, He is as smart as me.
Me: (Modesty, I tell you) Why do you think he is smart?
R: He found the ... (ok ok .. buzzzz.. spoiler alert !)

Charli Mills
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My nephews loved this mystery and I didn't mind re-reading them the story. It is a sweet and wholesome book. It's colorful and looks beautiful on both my smart phone and Kindle.
Mohit Dhawan
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for children....the pictures add a nice visual effect to it by making it more interesting & fun-loving for the kids. Guess every parent should read it to their kids
Nilima
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Me & my kiddo finally got around to reading The Mystery of the Missing Iguana by Ruchira Khanna.The story is well written and simple for kids to grasp. Iguana is a not among the usual animals found in stories. So we got to know one more animal.Ruchira, you need to quickly churn out a Alex & Angelo series. Me & my kid wanted to read 2-3 more mystery cases of Alex & Angelo.
More about the book:
Ruchi Singh
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
The Mystery of the Missing Iguana is an illustrated book for kids, parents can read out to the kids or older kids can read themselves. The story is about a little boy Alex and his pet Angelo, and how they solve mysterious happening in their neighborhood or school.

Writing stories for the age bracket of 2 – 8 years is tricky because one has to keep the story and language simple, at the same time it should be engaging, since their attention span is very short. Ruchira Khanna has done a commendable
Subhajit Das
Nov 22, 2018
Ruchira Khanna
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristi Campbell