Start by marking “Life Next Door (Love Not Included, #2)” as Want to Read:
Life Next Door (Love Not Included, #2)

Life Next Door (Love Not Included #2)

**THIS BOOK CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE**

There is only one thing in life that professional pastry Chef Priscilla Westcott values more than baking and wine, and that’s honesty. A quality she soon learns that her marriage lacks when her husband runs off with their next door neighbor.

Published November 3rd 2014 (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Life Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Next Door

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--Wino-O--Stars!!

A few things aside....

(a) The heroine's unhealthy relationship with wine.

(b) The heroine's ridiculous clumsiness.

Seriously...no one is THAT clumsy! And...

(c) The heroine's all-around craziness.

....this was a pretty entertaining and fun read. Very light with some good steam and some LOL moments.

I thought the ending was a bit OTT. That in addition to the 3 points above kept this one from being a great read! But a nice easy read for a lazy Sunday!
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Life Next Door (Love Not Included #2)
Author – J.D. Hollyfield
Publication Date – November 3, 2014
Genre – Romance, Humor
Type – Stand-Alone Series
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided Author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
OMG…what a fun read!  I already knew, I wouldn’t be disappointed when it comes to Ms. Hollyfield and her style of writing. She is a breath of fresh air when it comes to humor and love stories. They aren’t a
NMmomof4
Apr 20, 2017 NMmomof4 marked it as dnf
Shelves: scribed
DNF @ 33%

I had enough! The H said it best when he called the h bitter and uptight. I couldn't stand the h and her mood swings. I really couldn't stand her when she mistreated the H for something someone else did just because he lives in the same house! Stupid. I don't understand why the H would be interested anyways because she was just an OTT bitchy klutz...

It could very well just be me and my major pickiness when it comes to hs...but I am bummed, because this has been on my tbr list for a whil
Lisa Jayne
Jan 18, 2016 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
Review to come ...

**A copy of the book was generously gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.**
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars
Vanessa
Aug 13, 2014 Vanessa rated it really liked it
4.5 Sweetcheek Stars!!

Oh, this was a great, fun read. It had me laughing out loud, numerous times, within the first ten pages. I loved Cece. She's one of those heroines that you wanna go drinking with.

Pricilla (Cece) Westcott is pist off...and she has every right to be! So she deals with it in the only way possible; by being a wine guzzling, egg throwing, sweet-treat baking, woman scorned!!! And she is quite happy doing so...until her new neighbor moves in next door.

photo LifeNextDoor_zps001cdcd2.jpg

I can't wait for people t
Assenette
Oct 28, 2014 Assenette rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
4 solid stars for drunk CeCe and throwing eggs at the neighbor's house. CeCe was a riot!
Brittany's Book Bumblings
Dec 04, 2014 Brittany's Book Bumblings rated it it was amazing
Read my full review on Book Bumblings

Holy crapballs, this book was hilarious! It's official motto should be: maturity, it's not for everyone. It's how I live my life, and it's how Priscilla lived hers most of the time in here.

This book had so many tropes that I'll always love:

Neighbor romance
Hilarity ensues at every turn
Fighting as foreplay
Sugar sugar

It reminded me a lot of situations and stuff Bridget Jones would get into, but that might just be because I read this right after watchin
DJ Sakata
Sep 03, 2014 DJ Sakata rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“If I ever lost my eyesight, at least my drinking habits would survive. My body is trained to sniff out wine.”

“We tried to be civil with one another, but having your soon-to-be-ex living next door with your trashy neighbor just didn’t allow for friendly banter.”

“I am going to spend the rest of our lives loving you like you deserve to be loved. And till our dying breath, I will still never be able to show you just how deeply that love runs for me.”

“Then I’ll show you just how luc
IndieSage PR

Synopsis: Synopsis: There is only one thing life that professional pastry Chef Pricilla Westcott values more than baking and wine, and that’s honesty. A quality she soon learns that her marriage lacks when her husband runs off with their next door neighbor.

Divorced and alone, Priscilla is determined to make changes in her life. She decides to approach her new goals like one of her beloved recipes. Surely with a little time, a dash of patience, and measured planning she can whip herself—and her
Emily
Pastry chef Priscilla "Cece" Westcott has nothing but deranged feelings for the neighbors house. It was in that house her ex carried on an affair and left her for the other woman. Cece likes to think she has let bygones be bygones but when her new neighbor Trent Walker moves in she immediately decides to hate him because he lives in "that' house. Of course Trent finds Cece's frustrated temper sexy and he plans to come over and borrow some sugar.

Very fun read. I love a heroine who is unpredictab
Amy
Oct 02, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?

CeCe is a smart, independent, recently single pastry chef that may or may not be bitter about her husband leaving her for she-devil next door.
Trent is the new tenant in "the house". He is hot and hunky and knows what he wants.

This book worked for me. It read like good ROMCOM. The secondary characters especially Katie and Fran, made me giggle. The witty banter between CeCe and Trent was fantastic. The sex scenes are HAWT!

J.D. Hollyfield has a writing style that flows effortlessl
Tate
Mar 28, 2015 Tate rated it really liked it
LOVE THIS SERIES!! so funny and crazy!!! almost unbelievable but really enjoyable read !!!

image:

image:
Wendy Kennedy-robinson
Oct 30, 2014 Wendy Kennedy-robinson rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 12, 2014 Spunky N Sassy rated it really liked it
~~~Sara's Review~~~~

I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Cece just wants to live her life as single and not be bothered anymore. She knew her marriage was over way before, but for her husband to cheat with the neighbor instead of just leaving is what kills her. Ex-husband and neighbor move out a new Neighbor moves I. Trent is a single detective that cannot get Cece off his mind from the first time she slammed her door in his face.

He keeps working his magic and Cece decides to ju
Chianti Summers
Apr 10, 2015 Chianti Summers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Given a copy for an honest review.
When i started this book I thought wow "hell have no fury like a woman scorn". As I continued into the book I couldn't help but love the way CeCe had a passion for baking and wine. CeCe was a bitter woman and she had every right to be however the only way she could deal with it was with attitude. Then Trent moves in next door and there it was an attraction that can give you a "sugar" high. Cece a pastry chef and Trent a detective found a way to go at each other
K.M. Lowe
Mar 03, 2015 K.M. Lowe rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 10*, I definitely would! I was having a wrotten couple of days and this books really lifted my spirits. After reading book 1 of the seiries, I wondered where book 2 could go, but I loved it. CeCe had a tough life and had a lucky break from her ex husband after he cheated with her neighbour...CeCE never expected to get a new neighbour, let a lone a drop dead gorgeous cop. All her dreams came at once and she fell head over heels in love with him. Only to find out that he ...more
Sanja
May 06, 2015 Sanja rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by author in exchange for honest review!
ai loved the first book and couldn't wait to read Life next door,so when I was given book by author I was excited.
OK...so Priscilla "Cece" has had her fair share of bud luck and she 's determined to change it! Alone and divorced sha makes plans to sugar up her life ;)
Slowly everything goes as shd plans untill him..her new neighbor Trent!
Now Trent...well when you read this book you're gonna wish for that kind of neghbor!
He knows wha
Joselyn
Oct 14, 2015 Joselyn rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book!! Now it could just be because I am also a baker and understand what it's like to need to bake, but I don't care if I'm coming off as biased. I loved this book regardless. Cece is so darn hilarious. Her love and need for wine made me laugh every time. And Trent?! Oh boy, don't I wish I had a new neighbor like him...and his cutie Jake of course.
This book gives you a ton of laughs, makes you hungry for sure, and also has some rather juicy drama. So I recommend it for e
Charmaine Walker
Nov 10, 2014 Charmaine Walker rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it loved it loved it.
I enjoyed the first book Life in a Rut etc but this was even better.
I found myself laughing so much within the first 5 minutes. CeCe is someone you can relate to although she does seem to drink a lot of wine ha ha ha.
Trent..oh Trent. you made my heart go pitter patter. phew. You love CeCe from day 1. This story made me want to start making cupcakes or baking apple pie.
Not enough space here to say all the good things I love about this but just........
can't
Angie
May 30, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a fun read! I was vacationing at a friend's house and I did not want to put this book down! I went to bed early and stayed up really, really late just to finish! First, let me tell you, I connected with the main character and her wine loving ways! I know the seriousness of spilling wine I laughed so much and just adored this book. The twist.... yeah, didn't see that one coming!

I can't wait to read more from this author!
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Nov 08, 2014 Louise Rogers-Thomas rated it it was amazing

At first I thought CeCe was going to be really annoying, but as you get into the story she is really hilarious, going some of things some of us would only dream of doing. I means EGGS....come on....so funny. Trent is just too hot for words, i finished this in one sitting.

Brilliant story nicely written and full of passion, romance and hot steam sexy, what more can one ask for??!!
Christina Marie
Nov 07, 2014 Christina Marie rated it it was ok
Words can't even begin to express how disappointed I am in the book. I will not be reviewing it because I don't wish to. I'm really upset... :(
♥Jamie
Jun 28, 2015 ♥Jamie rated it really liked it
J.D. Hollyfield entertains, yet again, in her second novel in the Love Not Included series, Life Next Door. With humor, love, anger, heartache, and a whole lot of crazy, you can't help but be drawn into the life and times of Priscilla Westcott.

Summary:
Priscilla "CeCe" Westcott has been led astray by the King of rock 'n roll himself. All of her life, she's been subjected to how any Elvis lyric is relevant to any situations that arise, but CeCe knows better. At 17, love was all a girl could hope t
Rae Sontheyon
May 06, 2015 Rae Sontheyon rated it liked it
Bit of A Rough Start But Decent RomCom In The End. . .

Normally the RomComs I read are set in similar situations, i.e. bunch of girlfriends finding their way in life, girl likes boy but all just doesn't connect for bit in a haha way, BFFs try to help get someone married, engaged, matched, etc. However, the difference with all those books in comparison to this one was two things: 1. The main characters age, and 2. The sex. Other than those 2 points, this book was a RomCom, but it definitely starte
Jaci
May 29, 2015 Jaci rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.
CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS
I have never in my life read a book like this. This book had me laughing right along with the heroine and wanting to punch her ex husband and her new neighbor when she had those feelings. I got myself so wrapped up in this book that I was so sad to see it ending.

We start off with Priscilla, Cece, who had found her husband cheating with the next
Tamara
Sep 30, 2016 Tamara rated it liked it

After reading Life in a Rut, Love Not Included I immediately jumped into Life Next Door. I’ll admit to being a little shell-shocked when I realised these were completely new and different characters, but after that initial shock wore off I was soon enjoying Hollyfield’s witty, sarcastic and humorous writing style.

Cece is a pastry chef, and professional wine guzzler…ok I made that part about the wine up, but she certainly doesn’t mind a glass or ten.
Cece: I have yet to learn in my young
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 10, 2014 Ruthie Taylor rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

At the start of this book, I wasn't really sure, as the writing style is chatty, and slightly chaotic. This clearly fitted the character, and the scenario, but I found it a little annoying. However, I have learned that it is always worth reading on, and seeing if either I get used to the style, or it settles down. I am never really sure which happens, but I am very glad that I kept to my rule, because this was a lovely sto
Monique Pearson
Dec 30, 2016 Monique Pearson rated it it was amazing
Giggles, Drama, Sugar, and a lot of Wine!

My partner doesn't like to read romances. For that matter she doesn't really read fiction at all. However, the playfulness and fun of this story made for a great way to entertain us both during long drives. Everytime we went somewhere more than 20 minutes away she was asking me to read more of "our story."
It's rare that something really tickles her funny bone so it was great seeing her laugh at CeCe's antics. We're moving on to book 3 next.
Crystal
Apr 03, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Funny sexy read! I laughed out loud so many times during this book. CeCe is a sassy pastry chef who has a bad habit of drinking too much wine and doing bad things with eggs. Trent is a sexy detective who seems to hate wearing shirts and can't seem to take no for an answer. Thank goodness because these 2 can really heat things up! This book is definitely a fun read! Open a bottle of wine and enjoy!
  • Ballistic (Detroit After Dark #4)
  • Love or Justice (Protect and Serve, #1)
  • Ultimate Fear (Ultimate CORE, #2)
  • Undercover Lover
  • Hourglass Squared (Hourglass #2)
  • Cupcakes and Crushes (Turtle Pine, #1)
  • Anonymously Yours (Yours, #1)
  • My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life, #1)
  • Sweetest Temptations (Blue Collar #1)
  • The Infernal Detective (Riga Hayworth #4)
  • A Touch Of Heat (H.E.A.T. #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Pine Mountain, #2)
  • Running Free (Woodland Creek)
  • The Girl from I.T.
  • Luscious (Sexy Chefs, #2)
  • Calamity Jena
  • Almost Too Far (Almost Bad Boys, #3)
  • Vigilante Vampire (Bo Blackman #5)
Creative designer, mother, wife, writer, part time superhero...

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she is not trying to save the world one happy ending at a time, she enjoys the snuggles of her husband, son and three doxies. With her love for romance, and head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own story to
More about J.D. Hollyfield...

Love Not Included (4 books)
  • Life in a Rut, Love Not Included (Love Not Included, #1)
  • My So-Called Life (Love Not Included, #3)
  • Life As We Know It (Love Not Included, #4)