Start by marking “Samara's Song (Love Lost Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Samara's Song (Love Lost Diaries, #1)

Samara's Song (Love Lost Diaries, #1)

The two most terrifying words in Almar? Casting call.

Samara Pereo prides herself on living below the radar, avoiding the watchful eyes of the producers. She swore her family would never rely on the Stadium for sustenance. But when the pantry runs empty, she and Troy have no choice but to drag their two daughters to the shows. They’re rewarded with a few bites of stale, syn
Published August 5th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Samara's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samara's Song

Start your review of Samara's Song (Love Lost Diaries, #1)
Michelle Bryan
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Samara's song is set in a dystopian world where the destitute people of the inner precincts are chosen at random to compete in reality TV shows solely for the enjoyment of the elite. The losers then must spend the rest of their lives in servitude, or worse, be voted on to be put to the death.
Samara is a young wife and mother of two who is chosen to participate in the Crucible. Ten men and women, total strangers, forced together on TV and now having to prove their love for each other to be vote
Writocracy Reviews
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Robert defrank for writocracy.blogspot.com

Samara is a young mother of two living in a dystopian future of poverty. The districts are distracted from their plight through bread and circuses, garish entertainment in which the conventions of various reality TV genres play out with lethal results for the losers, and common citizens are selected as contestants.

When Samara is chosen to compete in one such twisted game, she has no choice but to acquiesce. In the interest of protecting her b
Robert Defrank
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review is given on behalf of the blog, Writocracy.

AnnaM
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this story is powerful, heartbreaking, and left me crying. For my SFR friends, NOT an SFR, but a science fiction story with a true love undertone.

The editing is excellent, the worldbuilding is really good and the main reason I'll be buying more of the series--because I want to know about the grass too! The characters are diverse and surprising.

I admit, when I first bought this and when I started reading I didn't expect a powerful story. It's written in first person present, which usually
Rachel Brune
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent novella. At first it seemed like just another Hunger Games-esque dystopian gladiator story. And while there are elements of that, I feel this author goes even deeper for this very adult allegory of a future in which entertainment reigns supreme and choices aren't choices at all. The plot kept me guessing, and my guesses were usually off target due to the author's willingness to make hard choices for her characters. The only regret was that this wasn't a full-length novel and we didn't ...more
Greg Dragon
Mspraise50
May 10, 2015
RA Ghimire
Oct 18, 2020
Indie Authors Mon...: Free ebook: New Adult Dystopian Novella (Aug 8-10) 2 13 Aug 09, 2014 06:59AM
1 follower
I picked up a pen when I was four-years-old and drew on the walls with it. I think writers like to say they've got the gift in their blood, but I can promise you that I don't bleed ink. If I did, I'd be a best-selling celebrity by now.

No, I was born a daydreamer - not a writer. I grew up inside my own head. I was one of those kids that looked forward to long car rides because I could stare out the

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...