Start by marking “The Convenient Groom (Nantucket, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Convenient Groom (Nantucket, #2)

The Convenient Groom

(Nantucket #2)

The Convenient Groom--Now an Original Hallmark Movie

Dr. Kate has it all-a radio talk show, a nationally-syndicated column, and a publisher who is paying for a lavish wedding to coincide with the release of her first book, Finding Mr. Right-For-You. But when her fiance jilts her the morning of the wedding, her life begins to crash around her. Who, after all, would want a re
Published April 1st 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Hannah
This one was just a fun, feel-good story about a marriage of convenience when the bride gets jilted at the altar and her entire career is on the line. This is exactly the sort of book I want when I pick up a Denise Hinter book—light and cozy with a happy ending. :)
Casey
Feb 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my favorite books, a ‘top ten’ hit! What girl doesn’t like the idea of a handsome groom swooping in to the rescue?

“The Convenient Groom” has an amazing premise. Talk about romance! The hero is simply delicious, talk about attraction- and I’m not necessarily referring to the heroine. *grin*

As the attraction grows between Lucas and Kate, the tension feels like two opposing magnets. They get closer and closer until the reader is literally holding her breath and then something
Becky
Feb 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
Kate Lawrence, or "Dr. Kate," is ready to have her big day: not only is she finally getting married, her book is being released. What kind of book? A book about love, relationships, dating, and marriage. This "expert" is, however, about to be shamed in front of the world because her intended groom, Bryan Montgomery is a no show. Not only is he getting cold feet and backing out, he is shacking up with another woman, Stephanie. (He actually calls her when he's in this woman's bed.) What's a girl t ...more
Christa
Jul 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksfree-com
What would you do if you were a relationship expert on finding the right mate - with a syndicated column and a book due to be released on your wedding day - and your fiance jilts you five hours before the wedding? This is the dilemma that Kate Lawrence faces in The Convenient Groom: A Nantucket Love Story. This is the touching story of a woman who finds out that she has much to learn about love, and the man who continues to love her through all of her ups and downs.

Kate Lawrence's personal and
Aerykah
Pretty good, but I'll admit that I mostly liked this story for the hero. I'm not quite sure why, but I just found the heroine hard to like... But the plot was enjoyable (if not entirely believable).
Alicia
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I absolutely loved this story! This marriage of convenience tale in a modern setting was funny, romantic and engaging from cover to cover. In this story Dr. Kate, a marriage counsellor and writer about to launch her book Finding Mr. Right-for-You, is jilted at the altar. However, Lucas Wright (loved the last name choice!) steps in as her "convenient groom", and though she denies it she can't help but start falling for him after their first kiss. I could not stop reading it!

I've n
Stephanie
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
A cute concept, but could have been executed a little better. As with most of Hunter's books, I found myself really disliking the female lead for most of the book and loving the male lead. I wish we would've seen more of their relationship before the marriage because I never really understood why Lucas loved Kate already. I didn't like how she treated him for pretty much the whole book. But, I did like the Happily Ever After.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge Denise Hunter fan and I so don't know how I missed THE CONVENIENT GROOM when it first came out. I became aware of it's existence when it was made into a Hallmark movie and I promoted that on my blog, letting all those lucky people who had Hallmark channel on TV know -- I don't have TV. Ugh. Color me green.

So knowing the book is always better than the movie (if the book came first) I went looking for it. And yes, I did buy it, but I didn't buy it from Amazon so it will not say I'm a
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Kara
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-library-copy
**Re Reading NOW in June 2016 and loving it all over again!! When starting this book, can't put it down until I've read the first 50 pages :) ** (originally read May 22, 2015) finished once again and would give it ANOTHER five stars!!

**this book is being made into a HALLMARK movie, coming in JUNE!!!!! MUST SEE :) See Denise Hunter's author page on facebook for details**

Wow, what a wonderful book! Reminded me A LOT of the movie, While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock (one of my absolute fave
Jeannette Garcia
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh, Lucas <3 This was a good change of pace for me... especially because of all the more "serious" books I've been reading lately. I thought the plot was well developed... Denise definitely tied everything together quite well. I think what I love most about this book was the "initial" interaction between Kate and Lucas. I just adore love stories that happen between irritated characters... in this case, Kate was the only one annoyed. I loved Lucas from the get-go. I mean let's be honest... he' ...more
Heidi
I was taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed this one! A new author to me...and I will definitely be reading more by Miss Hunter. Thoroughly enjoyed the characters and loved this quick, clean, read.
Karen
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Fun to go into the archives of one of my favorite authors. Looking forward to the upcoming movie.
Sarah Monzon
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! Yes, predictable, but who cares?! I loved the dynamics between the characters and the HEA was so sweet.
Sojourner
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Some would argue that marriages of convenience are not a common practice in today's ultra-modern society. But nothing could be further from the truth. It is a common practice as it might have been in times past. The only difference, perhaps, lies in the fact that no one talks about it openly while it remains an open-secret. And mind you, no one is naïve enough to admit it. But marriage as a commodity is of high value.

Award-winning author Denise Hunter comes up with an exciting Christian romance
Jamie
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written book about what it could be like to enter marriage for the sake of of convenience and learning to trust and love the person no matter what. This was a very relatable book in that it shows how many of us are broken by things we see around us and how love is easily broken but we can't live our lives with the fear of falling. In the end we may find that the situations or things we believed happened may not be the truth and may be just what we perceived as the truth. Definitely ...more
Suzanne
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it
I thought this was a fairly conventional romance story, though it's housed in the "inspirational" section of the local public library. The only markedly Christian element I saw was a set of discussion questions in the back that linked the male protagonist's love for the female one with Christ's love for mankind.

Nonetheless, I don't see this as especially compelling for YA's, as compared to a great many OTHER romances written for and about adults.
Connie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I found myself getting very involved with the characters, and very emotionally involved about 3/4 through the book. I noticed this book was by the same author as "A Cowboys Touch" which I also really liked, so that's why I chose this one to read as well, and I'm glad I did. My thanks to Aimee for loaning it to me!
Caryl
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-challenge
I was captivated by the opening scene. My heart went out to Kate when her fiance' calls hours before the wedding to say he can't marry her. I applauded Lucas for stepping in to help her out. I couldn't put the book down because I had to find out what happened next. This is a wonderful story!

CarolynB
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I read this book after watching the Hallmark version on TV. I'm so glad I did; the book is so much better than the movie! I love all of Denise Hunter's books; this one did not disappoint.
Lin Stepp
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I searched out a second book by Denise Hunter after reading Sweetwater Gap and liking it ... and this book was even better!!! It was well-written, entertaining, and funny. Kate Lawrence, well known marriage counselor, is ready to celebrate the publication of her book Finding Mr. Right For You and has found her Mr. Right and is getting married ... when the worse happens. He changes his mind on the day of the wedding. What! ... Feeling desperate, Kate accepts Lucas Wright's offer to step in as gro ...more
Kav
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a late bloomer when it comes to Denise Hunter's novels so I'm slowly tackling her backlist. After all the online discussions about the Hallmark movie based on this book I decided it was time to catch up on this 2008 classic.

If I had to sum up this story in a few words it would be -- tenderness and angst. Usually in equal doses but I'll admit to feeling more trepidation on Lucas's behalf even as I swooned over his unwavering love for Kate. And she is blithely unaware even thought she's celeb
Celestial
This book wasn't to impressive. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
The main characters, Kate and Lucas, didn't interest me at all. They weren't, in my opinion, very interesting.
This book is not meant for young girls. There is definitely mature content that I won't advise anyone to read. It is not terrible, but I don't love it. I don't recommend this book, and would rate it a one and a half star if I could.
I would also disclose a warning that by mature content I mean that they definit
Just - The romance reader
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A tear jerking romance if ever there was one. Kate fights an inner struggle that I don't think she even fully realizes she's fighting, all the while telling herself that logic should trump love. At the same time Lucas is battling to show Kate just the opposite is true. Lucas is the epitome of a true knight in shining armor.

I cried, I smiled, I struggling with not skipping to the end just to find out if the ending was a happy one. A must read for anyone who likes a good love story with some unex
Melissa
I was surprised I liked this book so much! I didn't give it much chance and almost didn't read it. Contemporary romance is not my thing. But I really liked this book! It was clean without any religion attached to it.The characters were good, the main character you don't like but understand there are reasons for what she does and I liked watching her change as the book progressed. It is an adult read because of sex but it is all behind closed doors and it is implied not spelled out. I will be che ...more
Amy
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Even though I couldn't put this book down, I have issues with Kate and the way she treats Lucas throughout the story. It seems a little too unbelievable considering his actions & comments that she could have no idea of his true feelings and still act so cold hearted towards him. That's the reason I didn't give it more stars, which is quite a shame, great story idea - catchy read.
Katie
Apr 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Convenient Groom was a quick read, and entertaining. This is a light, feel-good book to read, yet still worthwhile because there is still something to be learned from the experiences of the 2 main characters. For anyone who enjoys a book about a couple conquering their fears and hardships to make their relationship work, this book will appeal to you.
Juliet
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a page-turner. It is a heart-stopping romance with a swoon-worthy hero and an amusing heroine. It has all the elements you would hope a fairly light-hearted romance would have with none of the boring scenes you hope they don't. I've read it at least five times!
Liz Sergent
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book before the Hallmark movie comes out. It was a great read, I loved the characters and loved Lucas devotion to his bride.
Kamaliah
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
lucas is such a wonderful guy...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2015 08:35AM

• Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy, #1)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Save the Date
  • Meant to be Mine (Porter Family, #2)
  • Dining with Joy (Lowcountry Romance, #3)
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar, #3)
  • Newlywed Games
  • Somebody Like You
  • Beguiled
  • Splitting Harriet
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of more than 30 novels, including "The Convenient Groom" and "A December Bride", which have been made into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

Denise and her husband live in Indiana,

Nantucket (4 books)
  • Surrender Bay (Nantucket, #1)
  • Seaside Letters (Nantucket, #3)
  • Driftwood Lane (Nantucket, #4)
“It's fear that makes an act courageous.” 21 likes
“Healthy couples can weather brutal storms and come out stronger on the other side. This is how relationships grow and deepen. ” 0 likes