Start by marking “The Angel (Ireland Series #2)” as Want to Read:
The Angel (Ireland Series #2)

The Angel

(Ireland Series #2)

On a remote stretch of the rugged coast of Ireland, folklorist and illustrator Keira Sullivan pursues the mysterious Irish legend of an ancient Celtic stone angel. As she searches an isolated ruin, she's certain she's discovered the mythic angel, but before she can examine her find, she senses a malevolent presence.... Is someone in there with her? Then the ruin collapses, ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel

Tarsis
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, en-fisico
Fue entretenido, mantiene el suspenso hasta el final. Y tiene personajes carismáticos, como Keira y Simon, incluso Bob y Abigail. Cada uno con un pasado y con la misma motivación para atrapar a los criminales.
fleurette
It was rather an average book. A bit boring, a bit predictable, with a suspense part that was lacking in innovation and unmemorable romance part. Plus a strange magic(?) motive.

This is not my first book by Carla Neggers. I have already read the first book in this series and quite enjoyed it. I even gave it 4 stars.
The second book was definitely worse.

I was unlucky with my last few books, they were likely to contain either a love at first sight either insta love motive. I strongly dislike both.
Lorrie
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
Many reader reviews on Amazon are saying that this is her best book yet. I guess that means that I don't have to read any of her others.

This book was interesting and had potential but many of the main issues in the book never got connected and the characters were very transparent. Unless you're a fan of hers, skip it.
obsessedwithbooks
The Angel by Carla Neggers is the latest in a loosely connected series of romantic suspense novels, which I would venture to say are mostly twisty murder mysteries and very little romance. Themes of The Angel revolve around the existence of evil, deliberate mischief and an elusive Celtic stone angel. This is a story of good and evil, love and anguish knotted together with secrets and lies.

Detective Abigail Browning from The Widow is a main character in the story. The other main character is Keir
Miriam
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: timid suspense fans
This was my first book by Neggers and I was completely underwhelmed, so unless someone writes to tell me her other books are much better I doubt I'll try her again. The plot never really came together and the implicit supernatural element was neither present nor needed. The characters weren't quite 2-dimensional, but they were pretty derivitive and unconvincing. They repeatedly acted as if things that seemed normal to me were outrageous ("You went for a walk by yourself in the Irish countryside! ...more
Cornerofmadness
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
THE ANGEL wasn't really that good of a read. The characters just weren't that interesting, and Bob really got on my nerves. Also, there was a lot of overreacting to things that just weren't a big deal. Not to mention the fact that the storyline didn't seem to come together very well, and there were some things that were not really explained well or were not explained at all. Plus, the reveal of the killer was anticlimactic.
Lara
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: carla-neggers
This is book was ok. I liked the story. I liked the characters. But it was too all over the place for me. I couldn't remember the characters names. I couldn't remember who was connected to who or why it mattered.
Marti
Aug 18, 2009 rated it did not like it
I thought would be a really good story but it was draggy and I found the switching from one location to another to be most annoying. I also do not care for the way she writes. I couldn't wait to finish it!
Patti
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Sort of a boring book. Not much plot and the characters were just very uninteresting.
Laura Marquardt
Just not very believable, I struggled to get through the entire thing. The characters were shallow and there were too many instances of overreaction for it to be a compelling read.
Janell
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
This really had one of the most convoluted and ridiculous mystery plots I've read in a long time. (sigh) Plus, the characters were really not that interesting. Just Ok.
Bob
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really like Ms. Neggers books. However, the guy in this one is such a total jerk, I could hardly get through it. Ended up skipping large chunks.
Danette
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I struggled a bit with this one. There is so much to like. Some characters that I really enjoyed in The Widow appear in this book, Keira and Simon are an engaging new couple, and much of the story takes place in Ireland. I found it difficult to stay interested in the stone angel, though, and other parts of the plot seemed a little scattered. By no means was this book a total loss for me, it just wasn't as riveting a read as we usually get from this author.
Flewts
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting started with this book, keeping track of all the characters and remembering how they related to each other. The only reason I hung in there was because I have read and loved so many of Carla Neggers's books. And ultimately, I really enjoyed this one too.
Katherine W.
Boring!
Doris Mahala
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is the Angel real?
Is the angel from the 'wee' people?
Please read, this is the title that hooked me to my 'new' author list.
Ms. Neggers is not new to the industry just to my personal library!
Barbara
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mystery, romance. Read book one so had to read book two.
Kathleen Freeman
An engaging story, I really liked Kiera. Look forward to reading the next in the series.
Susan
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I liked this one a lot less. I was occasionally confused by the number of characters, but mostly I just wasn't that interested.
John Dowd
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Irish tales, angels, Irish scenery, and pubs.
Pat Welte
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I like that she has combined the Boston Police and FBI together. Lots of suspense.
Arthur
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just not my kind of book, can't win 'em all!
Monica
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Not bad, not excellent but still enjoyable to listen to.
Aribear23
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one had a very interesting plot. I love Ireland so it swept me in from the start. Great characters and a very nice plot.
Loves To Dive
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Keira Sullivan makes a living doing what she loves; she illustrates classic poems and folklore. Just before she is off on a 6 week trip to Ireland, she has to attend a reception and silent auction in Boston where some of her artwork will be displayed to benefit the Boston-Clark folklore project. On her way to the benefit after visiting her reclusive mother she stumbles upon a seemingly random suicide of a man in a park not far from the reception. As she reaches the auction, she is a bit rattled ...more
Sep 01, 2009 rated it liked it
3 1/4 - 3 1/2 stars

The Angel connects to The Widow through characters Abigail Browning and Bob O'Reilly. There is no need to have read the previous book, although it does explain the relationships between some of the characters.

Keira Sullivan, Bob O'Reilly's niece, is on her way to Ireland to research an old Irish tale told by an old neighbor of her uncle and mother. The night before she is to leave, a man mysteriously drowns in less than 2 feet of water. It appears accidental, but to Detective
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • The Perfect Couple (The Last Stand, #4)
  • Cut Throat (Cat Dupree, #2)
  • Target (Bayou #8)
  • No Safe Place
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • Born to Be Wild
  • Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)
  • Running Scared (Rarities Unlimited, #2)
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time
  • Everlasting Love
  • Missing: Innocent By Association\Zachary's Law
  • Silver Falls
  • Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1)
  • The Darkness (Henry Parker #5)
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sharpe & Donovan series featuring Boston-based FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, and the popular Swift River Valley series set in the small, fictional New England town of Knights Bridge. With many bestsellers to her credit, Carla loves to write now as much as she did when she climbed a tree at age eleven with a pad and pen a ...more

Ireland Series (4 books)
  • The Widow (Ireland Series, #1)
  • The Mist (Ireland Series, #3)
  • The Whisper (Ireland Series, #4)