Start by marking “Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)

Twin Flames

(Sumeria's Sons #1)

A Lycan descendant of Gilgamesh and Enkidu, Tristan is not as extraordinary as his ancestors. He is an average warrior, unremarkable throughout. But this fact does not trouble him because he has found his Twin Flame, the one person destined to be his, who will love him unconditionally, life after life.

Then his Flame betrays him, leaving him shattered and dying. Brokenhear
ebook, 2nd Edition, 136 pages
Published October 1st 2014 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published October 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Flames

Start your review of Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons, #1)
Barbara➰
Reread October 2019

I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading this series. The mythology behind it fascinates me.

Reread February 2019

I love this series...obviously since I've read it 3 times now in 18 months 😬

Reread May 2018

Finally got my buddy Janie to read this series so I decided to reread it with her. I’m enjoying this more this time so I’m bumping up my rating. I’ve said it before Lexi Ander is one of my favorite authors for PNR and Sci-fi.

Originally read October 2017

After
Sheziss
Let's say I love the mythological theme. I liked the legend, the werewolves around, the gods around, the laws and norms that rule this world.

But there are so many things that just didn't work.

For instance, if Theo is Tristan's twin flame, what does he act like he did? Isn't it supposed to be the best feeling ever? To have your own mate? If it is so awesomely described, why do people reject it? Something is very wrong with that statement, Theo's reasons weren't enough to convince me so I felt the
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 Stars

WARNING: Vague(ish) Review forthcoming

This author is new to me. Before I get going let me say, for the record, that I'm interested in continuing with this series. Ms. Ander weaves an engaging tale filled with Lycans, mythical creatures, historical references and a heaping spoonful of an UST fueled romance. With cowboys.

Cowboys don't make me all squirmy like others but Tristan slutted up his cowboy gear enough to tempt even me. He moved some hay. Shirtless and sweaty.

description

Both Tristan and Us
Lexi Ander
Sep 29, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-it
11/8/2018

Yay! I'm so excited to announce that Twin Flames has been released on audiobook!! So many thanks to the readers that helped to make this happen! <3 <3

11/3/2014

:-) I should probably leave a quick note that Twin Flames was re-released through Less Than Three Press in October so it's available again.

Thank you for reading!!

4/10/2014

Just a quick note to say Sumeria's Sons will be temporarily unavailable. The series has been picked up by Less Than Three Press (Yay!) and will be re-released th
Midia
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do not know what to say about this book. The story grabbed me from the first page and I could not stop reading. I suffered along with Tristan for later rooting for him.
The plot is well-written and interesting to read. The author has created a world that arouses their curiosity and desire to know more about it. Being a first book of the series, you still do not have a thorough knowledge of the characters but this only serves to stir curiosity for more.
Twin Flames surprised me in a very positive
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Amazing world building which creates this incredibly unique myth/lore set up make this stand out from all the other similar stories. Great characters that are framed by politics, legend, myth, lore, and love mean this book has a very fluid timeless feel. The writing is strong, clear, and concise. I've found sometimes with reading books that rely on myth or lore that there is a tendency to bog down and get lost in the myriad of details. Here we are told and shown and it really keeps the story fre ...more
Trio
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-r2r, audio-book
Clever and wonderfully entertaining, Lexi Ander’s Twin Flames is a fantasy tale with a bit of everything. Treachery, politics, magic, friendship… and romance! Beautifully written, and perfectly narrated by Matt Haynes, Twin Flames grabbed my attention and kept it from the very first scene.

Matt Haynes is a new narrator for me, but he blew me away with his performance. He has a spectacular variety of voices and accents, and truly captures the mood of this story. Lexi Ander goes to great lengths to
MLE
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, arc
I received this book as an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this story quite a bit. I found the mythology refreshing change from the usual, and I really liked that Tristan finding his Twin Flame was not the magical answer to happiness and love. It's a nice twist on things, and I'm interested to see how this may work out in further books. Some of the dynamics were a bit stale, but I did appreciate that both characters claimed each other, and that his consort wasn't
Maya
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down. I don't give a lot of five star ratings but this book deserves it. It is unbelievably good!!
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Pretty unique take on the werewolf troupe. It was a bit short but it made for an interesting read.
Kathleen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid, creative urban fantasy. Great narration. Too bad it degenerates into mpreg with book #2.
Serena Yates
This book is not just a very creative story based on Sumerian mythology, taking the legend of Gilgamesh and Enkidu as a basis for a wholly new interpretation, it also adds elements of Lycan lore into the whole setup which had me fascinated from the very start. In that sense, the author has invented a new world all of her own, and finding out how it works and where and how it differs from the original legend was a lot of fun for me. Lexi Ander managed to make these characters come alive in a very ...more
Purplegirl
I enjoyed this book. It was a different take on shifters and I was worried for a little because I like instalove in my shifter books. But there was a break in the story and I had the love and possessiveness that I like. The backstory of their shifter world was very interesting. Good read.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Tristan suffers from a terrible betrayal by his Twin Flame that leaves him broken and dying. He demands the breaking of their bond, not caring that it could kill him. His best friend, Ushna, becomes his guardian and swears to look after and protect him. Events several years later make Tristan realize that he does want to live and he begins to feel again and he realizes just how much he loves Ushna. But, secret
Ayanna
It was actually pretty good. The way Ander wove in the Sumerian take into the more... (dare I say?) mundane werewolf element was interesting. Parts of it didn't quite completely mesh and were a little off, but other than that, it was great. The characterization was - for the most part - solid. Nothing supremely annoyed me, which is always a good sign.

Reread ETA:
Okay, upon rereading, I'm having a hard time reconciling Theo. Sure, on the surface, he seems like the slut and callous whatever that ev
Kazza
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, bought-it

I'm laughing here because, yes, I now understand. This is indeed a hard book to review. It is so much more than the official blurb makes clear. If you have ever thought of reading it I recommend you grab a copy and go for it.
Anyway, I have reviewed it, as best I can, at On Top Down Under Book Reviews -
Ro
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lot happens to them).

Ushna, I’m not sure I can say enough about this wounded, loyal, patient man. A huge loss as a boy changed him but didn’t destroy him. Now he’s here for his best friend Tristan, as he’s always been, during the worst time of Tristan’s life (to date, anyway). Ushna may well be the strongest man I’ve read in years. The loss he suffers was devastating, and then he has to stand by Tristan’s side as the supposed Bashert nearly kills him with neglect and contempt, tied up in lies.
Fiona
Update 9 August 2017 - Wonderful series, have just finished reading the whole series (as it is now complete) and it is amazing. I can not recommend this series enough to anyone who loves fantasy!!!!

Update 2 October 2014 - Goodness me, I love this book. I am really looking forward to the new editions of the rest of series and for Lexi finishing the series. I really want to find out if Tristan and Ushna get their happy ever after!!!!

I highly recommend this book to all M/M readers.

14 October 2012
R
Clovernmax
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truely wonderful world building. The author took the "werewolve" trope and turned it on it's head. I like the characters. The main character- Tristan, isn't perfect, and it makes his character very likeable. I look forward to the next book.
jessica ☾
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This had a really great start, and I was so sure I’d love it- but after that it immediately ranked with no hope of revival. I feel like the plot wasn’t developed enough, maybe in part due to the short length. I didn’t really get into the characters, we never really learn too much about them and that’s a huge flaw in my opinion. I’ve heard raving reviews about this so at some point I may attempt to continue the series.
Jacq ~
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun mythical tale filled with Lycans, creatures! Not to mention, Tristan is possibly a royal descendant of Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Oh and Ushna, is his best friend the sweetest ever! A fun read!

*Beware Cliff hanger noted!
Helle
Donna
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Well, that was certainly... interesting! :D

I will admit to not being a great fan of fantasy and even though I found myself confused from time to time... this was a very entertaining story! It took a lot of world building in a very short amount of time to get this story to where it needed to be and trust me... it was done well!

One thing I will say about this book... it will keep you guessing and when you get to the end you will want to jump right into the next book of the series! And that is what
Fehu
4,5 stars
Tristan's lover Theo, the Alpha king of his tribe, betrayed his trust and injured him with his infidelity, by poisening their Twin Flame bond. Against the wishes of his brother and the advice of the council, Tristan decided to break the soul bond, which was onesided, since Theo hadn't let him claim him in return. A Twin Flame is supposed to be the most sacred bond shared and to betray it in any way has dire effects on the mate. After the Breaking Tristan leaves his tribe with his childh
Borderstar

I was looking for something to read this evening and nothing was really hitting the spot, so I just picked this one at random - and it turned out a really fun read! The mythology of the world is an interesting take on the usual werewolf stories - some of it did seem a bit rushed through, and loads of stuff happens one after another so you almost don't get time to appreciate each bit before the next thing is revealed...but at the same time I still enjoyed it and wanted to see all the co
Jerry
The book starts with a list of Sumerian Gods and their attributes and story. Do you read it first or refer to it when you find a God in the story? I read the e version which means its hard to flip back and forth, so I read it before the story started. It gave me a glimpse into the background of this novel.
What a gripping story this is. I had trouble putting it down to sleep. More for the uniqueness of the Sumerian/Lycian intertwining twist. The book reads too fast for my preference because the s
Emma Sea
Oct 07, 2012 marked it as honestly-ill-never-get-around-to-it  ·  review of another edition
I almost just bought this, but the sample is just a re-telling of the Epic of Gilgamesh (the prologue, I guess). Why not take the sample from the writer's actual story?

EDIT: but the author has put a bit from the actual beginning of the book on her blog
Ryeanne
I absolutely loved this book. It is one of the best I have read. I don't normally like alternative universe but Lexi Ander is an excellent writer. I immmediately read the sequel and now I am waiting impatiencely for the 3rd. There is such a wonderful love story within in the storyline.
Teresa
Really enjoyed this story and characters. The Sumerian mythology was a nice change. The only thing keeping it from being five stars is the cliffhanger ending!
Ericka Walden
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Fabulous! On to book number 2!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• NoX
  • Earth Fathers Are Weird
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • More Than Blood (Blood #1)
  • Tournament of Losers
  • Wolves of Black Pine  (The Wolfkin Saga #1)
  • The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • A Final Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #3)
  • The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars, #1)
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Sebastian (Family of Lies, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
  • Their Bounty (Four Mercenaries, #1)
  • Consorting With Dragons
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
Lexi has always been an avid reader and at a young age started reading (secretly) her mother’s romances (the ones she was told not to touch). She was the only teenager she knew of who would be grounded from reading. Later, with a pencil and a note book, she wrote her own stories and shared them with friends because she loved to see their reactions. A Texas transplant, Lexi now kicks her boots up i ...more

Sumeria's Sons (6 books)
  • Songs of the Earth (Sumeria's Sons #2)
  • Dreams of the Forgotten (Sumeria's Sons, #3)
  • Surrounded By Crimson (Sumeria's Sons, #4)
  • Dragon's Eye (Sumeria's Sons, #5)
  • Releasing Chaos (Sumeria's Sons #6)

News & Interviews