Start by marking “Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity” as Want to Read:
Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity

Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity

In eternity, all stories are timeless. Devastated by war, a young couple finds healing through the intervention of a magical fox... A man obsessed with a burlesque dancer discovers she may not be the beauty she seemed from afar... Desperate to save his dying wife, an exiled scientist makes a discovery that could change the fate of a galaxy... An Irishman finally confronts ...more
Published August 1st 2014 by Firebringer Press

To ask other readers questions about Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity

Start your review of Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity
Regan
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I received “Somewhere in the Middle of Eternity” from Phil Giunta, author and editor, back in August 2014. It’s an anthology featuring thirteen stories in various genres’; Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Fantasy, Past, Present and Futuristic. One of the great things about anthologies is you’re bound to find a few stories you really connected with and enjoyed. One of the best things about this book is that I found enjoyment from each of the stories.

Each author brings their own unique style to the compilation
Annie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-books
I was very excited to start reading this collection, as a book of short sci-fi, fantasy, horror and supernatural stories is a rare creature indeed. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy as much as I had hoped.

Although the stories were creative, and each had their own set of interesting circumstances, I felt that in general they paid too much attention to their respective genres and not enough to story and character development. Many of the characters felt secondary to the worlds in which they existed,
Stuart
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Biased review: I am one of the authors included in the collection.

A fine mix of science fiction, fantasy and horror from a diverse group of writers. You will find stories set during WW2 Japan, contemporary America and worlds in the far future. There are tales of a haunted barn, a fox who has a debt to pay, a vampire with his own therapist, dancing girls who are more than they appear, a man plagued by the spirit of death, a scientist obsessed with the "Proxima Punchbowl", and an alien explorer w
Susie
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I do not prefer to read short stories. This collection became the exception to the rule. We read it for a book club since we were going to host the author and I really enjoyed it! The stories were so disparate that it truly kept my attention and found some of them quite well written.
Maryann Lesniak
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
As with most anthologies, I liked some of the stories and others I skipped. Most of them were enjoyable and a quick read. I always give anthologies a 3 since they are a mixed bag. The stories were definitely clever and entertaining.
Dawn
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An exceptional book of short stories. Another anthology is coming out in July and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Kudos to the writers
Steven
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic anthology that I won on a Goodreads giveaway. There wasn't a story in this that I didn't really like and there were a few I would like to reread at some point.
Lance Woods
Aug 27, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure: I'm one of the contributing authors to this volume. That's the only reason I haven't given it a starred rating. However, having just finished reading it, I did want to say a few words on its behalf.

By nature, I don't read supernatural, horror or s-f. But that's what we have here and, having been invited by my friend and this book's editor, Phil Giunta, to contribute a story that barely qualified for inclusion, I looked forward to reading what my fellow authors came up with.

I was
Christopher Ochs
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite tales:
Don't Go In The Barn, Johnny! -- A tingler of a tale exploring the nature of darkness.
Photos in the Attic -- A satisfying creepfest
Form and Substance -- A sci-fi with a heart
Deluge -- A story where the reader solves the riddle along with the protagonist, sucks me in every time.
A few places where I had to re-read to get it, and a few stories where the ending felt rushed; but overall an engaging & imaginative read.
Angie Boyter
Mostly fantasy and paranormal, which is not my genre, so I did not read the whole book and won't rate it, but there is a clever story by Daniel Patrick Corcoran.
Michael Critzer
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dolly
Feb 11, 2019
julia cortes
Sep 02, 2018
Evon Zundel
Denyse
Oct 15, 2018
Phil Giunta
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Peggy Geiger
Aug 12, 2017
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill
Sep 23, 2014
Phil Giunta
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Michael Critzer
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rahadyan
Randi
xXQueenofHeartsXx
William David Tepper
Aug 26, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Remove incorrectly spelled author name 3 18 Aug 08, 2014 09:12AM
Phil Giunta enjoys crafting powerful fiction that changes lives and inspires readers. His novels include the paranormal mysteries Testing the Prisoner, By Your Side, and Like Mother, Like Daughters.

His short stories appear in such anthologies as A Plague of Shadows, Beach Nights, Beach Pulp, the ReDeus mythology series, and the Middle of Eternity speculative fiction series, which he created and e

News & Interviews