Start by marking “Reignite (Extinguish, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reignite (Extinguish, #2)

Reignite

(Extinguish #2)

The moment the short-lived apocalypse came to an end, life returned to normal. Mortals continued on with their oblivious existences while the earth healed and flowers again bloomed, the devastation instantly wiped away. It was as if it had never happened.

But it did.

Luce knows. He’s cursed to remember every moment, forced to live with everything he has done. Suddenly find
Published October 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Reignite, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

"One must pay dearly for immortality. One has to die several times while still alive."-Friedrich Nietzsche

description

I said it before and I will say it again – this author is brilliant. She never ceases to amaze me with her originality and with her words. Reading one of her books feels like coming home for me and I’m so glad I decided to give this series a try. This series is not only about a forbidden romance, it’s also a series about sacrifice, forgiveness and redemption.

“Reignite” is the second installment in “Extinguish” seriStars!!
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

description

After the events and ending in book 1, I couldn’t dive into this second book fast enough. Even though Extinguish was written as a standalone and meant to be left open-ended based on reader interpretation, I’m grateful the author decided to write another book. Because when it comes to romance, I need my questions answered and my ending clearly define
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

***contain spoilers if you haven’t read book #1***

Not the sequel I expected for the Magical love story from previous book nevertheless, the ending was still epic! This story focused primarily on Lucifer and his struggle rather than the romance itself.

All the while he was in the pit, he held a grudge against the angels and wanted to destroy them and rule heaven. Now when he escaped hell and created a chaos, he neither feels the burning desire to destroy heaven and earth nor does he wants to kill his bro
DW
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: extinguish
I loved this so much!!

One of the best epilogues ever. Surprising but really good!!
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

"This was how it had to go- she was a sacrifice he had to make, collateral damage in his quest for retaliation - but this wasn't how it was supposed to end. He wasn't suppose to lose it all. She wasn't supposed to mean so much to him."

[image error]

This is a well written sequel which has the same creativity and thought inducing ideas as the first book. I truly enjoyed the author's spin on so many things from our sense of smell to the concept of free will.

It's slightly on the slow side in comparison to the fi
Eda**
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites

** 4-4,5 "cleoma serrulata" STARS **

~ LUCE

Welcome to the unique and extremely imaginative world of J.M. Darhower!

This is her version of the Creation process and how it affected Lucifer, Michael, Adam and Eve, leading to the Fall of Man and let me just say that it was simply INCREDIBLE!

This is a story of love and sacrifice, joy and grief, temptation and guilt, envy and redemption.

This is the story of the"cleoma
Holly
What do you do when you get amnesia and can't find anyone who knows who you are/used to be? According to this book you are likely to be unerringly nice to absolutely everyone and live a long life not doing much of anything, just biding your time until you die. Isn't that a heartwarming story? This duology was based on an interesting concept, but the plot was just weak. Luckily this author does get better later on, so I wouldn't write her off, just pass on this duology, or at least this second bo ...more
Debra
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

Review to come.

**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
La-Lionne
Yep, I did put it on my hero-hall-of-fame shelf. I'm still amazed that author managed to turn a world's most famous villain into on of the most amazing heroes ever.

WARNING, A LITTLE SPOILER
Although I'm not religious myself, my favorite part was about heaven, where it was said that it's not a place created for you by someone. You creat it yourself while living, and when you die, you go to a place, a memory in life, where you felt happiest. I never heard it described like that.

C
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

Extinguish by J.M. Darhower was one of my favorite books of 2013. It was a unique and dark tale of forbidden love between the most unlikely beings. Darhower created this world of angels, demons, and yes, even Satan himself, in which I became complely entrenched in. I loved every second of it.

I read Extinguish last year when it was released as a standalone. At the time, the author hadn't had plans for a sequel, but then Luce kept talking to her. If you haven't read Extinguish, suffiice it to say that everything is not tied up in
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"It was written in the stars the day Lucifer fell. She was destined to save him from himself."

It's no surprise to anyone who knows me that for me, JM can do no wrong. Her books never cease to amaze me. Her writing is gold, her plots brilliant, and her characters instantly make you fall in love with them.

This story was no exception. Basic premise- the Devil falls for an angel. And the Devil made ME fall for HIM. I don't know how she does it, but JM has this way of making the bad boy so appealing, you can't help
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I am happy that I had this book to start immediately at the end of Extinguish! With the events at the end of that first book, I had no idea how this was gonna play out!

Quick Recap: Serah was "tempted" by the evil Lucifer and she "fell" hard for him. While he is still reconciling his feelings for her, he ultimately used her to escape the fiery pits of hell. His actions have her lost to the human world...she is gone.

"This was how it had to go- she was a sacrifice he had to make, colla
Priya
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
after finishing first book i had to this ASAP. And it did not disappoint. The ending was PERFECT. My heart broke for Serah and Lucifer, and i just wanted to reach the ending to know they both are together and liVingHEA.
I CAN safely say that all J.M's books will stay with for life. This writer has magic in her hands, she writes story that just breaks your heart and keeps you on edge.
Serah and Lucifer...
a love beyond eternity
M. ~ B&B
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Because time passes, and memories fade, but a beating heart never truly forgets anything. Never.

I had to start this review with a quote from book one, because this quote, people. This quote. The very last line of book one. It just struck me with so much tragedy, hope and closure, all in one. Extinguish blew me away with its brilliance and when the ending is so perfect, it’s always risky when a sequel gets released. It can either be really good or really bad. I can’t lie. I am a sucker for tragedy and the ending
Eni
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, pnr, just-love-it
I really enjoyed this series.It was short though.
Still I really liked it.
Different but so good.
♡Esra♡
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-5-stars
This is just amazing. Don't know what else to say exactly. And that epilogue was ... don't even have words. It was everything...
✿kawehi.reviews
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

"But it ignited something inside of her, rekindling an extinguished flame..."

Reignite answered my prayers as I got the answers that I had wanted for Luce and Serah. Without divulging spoilers, since I know many of you are dying to know what happens next and if they get their happily ever after, I will only say that it there won’t be any sort of smooth sailing for this enigma of a couple. There are still a l/>/>《
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
My Review

English // Spanish Review

This book was kind of a joke to me...

What the hell?

description

I loved the first book because "Lucifer" wasn't really a good guy even when he felt something for the female lead character. J.M. Darhower didn't disrespect the whole idea we know about Paradise, Lucifer, God, Heaven, Hell...

But in this book the author transformed Lucifer in a sad little "man" wandering out there with nothing else to
Amanda
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like sequel even more than Book 1. Although it was pretty short, we are given more answer to Lucifer's past and what's motivates him. His love for Serah also start to shine through now that he finally came to accept her importance to him.

*spoiler from book 1*

The aftermath of the end of Extinguished, left the Earth with a free roaming Lucifer and a mortal Serah. Lucifer got what he wanted, freedom, but it came with a price that is too high to pay.

Serah is now a mortal with a clean
Yomi M.
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
It was bit slow and I really didn't like the ending. It just wasn't what I was envisioning for these two. Overall, it was a nice read.
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
It's not all black and white.

Man I'm glad I found this series. It was fun watching the character develop and grow throughout the two books. We watch Serah grow and find herself and what she wanted in life. We see Luce learn to love and to find his free will.

"That's the thing about free will," He continued, once more reading Luce's thoughts. "Decisions have consequences. They don't just impact you, but everyone around you also. Every choice you made somehow altered what happened to her."

5/5 st
Sara (sarabara081)
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

Sinners run hot because they’re destined to burn.

When I read Extinguish last year, I never expected a sequel. Hoped, perhaps, but I was more than satisfied with its ending as well. Beautiful, heartbreaking, perfectly-fitting yet allowing the reader to crave more was what I was left with. But when I heard the author was working on this sequel I was ecstatic to see how Luce and Serah’s story could continue beyond Heaven and Hell.

Reignite picks up not long after/>Extinguish/>
Kira
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this better than Extinguish. Most of this was told from Lucifer’s point of view. He was struggling with losing Serah. Basically she paid the price for his sins. Lucifer couldn’t stay away from her although he did more harm than good by being around her. Would he learn from his mistakes or would he get revenge on those who wronged him and destroy the world in the process?

Lucifer had a conscious. People always assumed that he didn’t have one because he often did bad things. He
Amy
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this follow up. Serah is living as a mortal, remembering nothing of her past, other than a pair of eyes that she dreams of. Lucifer is having a hard time adjusting to his new life. He can't seem to avoid watching Serah, even though she doesn't remember who he is. Someone from Luce's past is stirring up some trouble. I think this story played out exactly as it needed to and I adored the epilogue.
Alexis *Reality Bites*
FREE TODAY 12-22-14 on Amazon
Buy Link:
Amanda (mandy)
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad there was a second book. There aren't many times in your life where you want the devil to get a happy ending. This was one of them. I adored it :)
Erin
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! I PERSONALLY LOVED IT EVEN MORE THAN EXTINGUISH! REVIEW TO COME!!
Kei • fiction court •
5 out-of-this-world stars!

Sinners run hot because they’re destined to burn.

Luce... oh how long I've waited for you and you didn't disappoint! Over a year ago, I read Extinguish, I still remember reading it, it was night - like most of my reading when finally the house is quiet and I don't have to leave the story in the middle every few minutes - I started reading it, thinking that I might not even like it because the whole evil versus good with a whole lotta love mixed in there is something that has been don/>Sinners
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, this is forbidden love at its best! I LOVE LOVE LOVE forbidden love and the whole aspect of a fallen angel (Lucifer aka Satan himself) falling in love with Serah, an angel of Power, whose job is to protect the innocent humans from evil was too delicious to pass up. Serah is tasked with trying to persuade Luce to stop the war and prevent the apocalypse. But as she visits Luce in Hell, she begins to question many things that God has said; rather than what she has always done before which was ...more
None
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Originally posted on BookishMinimalist

2 stars!

As I said after reading the first book in the Extinguish series, paranormal romance is not my genre. I picked up these books because I love JM Darhower, and I thought that alone would be enough to propel me through them. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for me even though these books are about 40% of the length of her other novels. The good news is that I seem to be in the minority, and other people seem to be loving these books.

“Well, I haven't convinced anyo/>“Well,/>2
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim, #2)
  • Released (Caged, #3)
  • Soul Enslaved (Sons of Wrath, #3)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • Red and the Wolf (Erotic Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Out of Plans (The Mercenaries, #2)
  • Forever Mine
  • Seducing the Succubus (Sisters of Darkness, #1)
  • Strange Case (Hyde, #3)
  • The Sweet Spot (Boston Harbor Romances, #1)
  • Black Rose
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • His Crime (Moroad Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Cry Little Sister
  • Childstar 2 (Childstar, #2)
  • Stone Destiny (Stone Passions, #3)

Extinguish (2 books)
  • Extinguish (Extinguish, #1)
“He once envied the humans because they were given the Earth, but looking at her, he wondered if maybe Paradise was to be found in a person and not a place.” 12 likes
“Lo que la gente no parece darse cuenta, sin embargo, es que siempre es peligroso. No es solo con el mundo sobrenatural que tienen que lidiar. Cuando eres mortal, la vida no es más que un interminable juego de Ruleta Rusa. Cada momento es el giro del tambor del revólver, cada decisión apuntando el cañón en tu cabeza. Una y otra vez, repetidas veces, tiras del gatillo, esperando que no sea la última vez en el juego.” 6 likes