Start by marking “The End Game” as Want to Read:
The End Game

The End Game

“Professional athletes are pillars of their respective communities. They are heroes in the eyes of boys and girls and are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that positively represents their community.”

The public loves a good scandal. Seeing someone fall from the pinnacle of success makes a great headline. No one knows that better than I do. What started out as a pr
Published September 8th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The End Game, please sign up.
Tammy Zautner I'm sorry you have removed this from your TBR list as it is an amazing book. However, an author is also a person with real life stuff going on. She…moreI'm sorry you have removed this from your TBR list as it is an amazing book. However, an author is also a person with real life stuff going on. She had a lot going on in her personal life and instead of giving you a half ass book she pushed the book back to give her readers the book they deserve. (less)

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.25 Home STARS

description

I’m an avid reader of a sports romances. The hot football star falling for his tutor story line is one of my favorites. Kate McCarthy puts her own spin on this plot by adding to the mix the fact that the football bad boy’s love interest is also an athlete shooting for her own professional career.

Jordan Elliott has come to Texas all the way from Australia to complete her senior year of college and bring the team to victory. She fights being sidetracked by having to tutor the hotte
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
NOW LIVEE!!!
AMZ US ~ http://amzn.to/1KYv6kd
AMZ UK ~ http://amzn.to/1Oufd40

6+++ Blow me away Intense and EMOTIONAL Stars.
 photo 594A3938-D1A9-48C3-849C-6BA69F2B6DF4_zpsrpxwblfa.jpg

First of all I want to explain my star rating.

4 stars are a good read and 5 Stars means I loved, and if you follow my reviews they are rarely below that. That is purely because I am picky on what I read and I always read books dependant on what mood I am in.

That being said I don't give out 6 Stars freely. When I share a 6 it means it is worth the ride and boy was it worth
Patrycja
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, 2015
I liked it but didn't loved it as much as I hoped for.
I think my expectations were to high. Damn it.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

I think this was a case of 'It's not you, it's me', I really wanted to like this one more, but unfortunately it was just an OK read for me.

I didn't fully connect to either character and therefore I didn't really feel the emotional pain that most people who have read this book felt. Jordan came off as a bit brash, and Brody switched between tortured and plain old grumpy asshole.

Still, if you are looking for a new adult, sports romance featuring a spunky female Australian soccer pl
✿kawehi.reviews
Shelves: arc, sports-jock
☆ I received an ARC via Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

*Woot! Madden Fever is REAL ladies!!*

description

“If you can’t handle the game, then get the hell off the field.”

11889655 993925263973116 3294029097798688037 n

My first ever Kate McCarthy read, and man, was it an absolute winner! I rarely ever give out 5-star to books I take up for review, but, this one was so well deserving of it!

In many NA-CR sports reads I come across, it always seems to follow the same old formula of over the top and unrealistic characters, situati
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
This was my first time reading Kate McCarthy and I really enjoyed this! What's better than a blonde soccer bomb from down under and an all American football star falling in love? Surviving one another and staying love!

photo PhotoGrid_1442184868956_zpsm93mq8wk.jpg

The End Game was a pretty fabulous "sports romance." I am used to reading stories with a hotshot sports hero falling for the girl/guy next door, but this book brings two up and coming athletes destined for professional success. They both seem to have their futures laid out if they
The Novel Lifestyle
•• REVIEW NOW POSTED ••

AVAILABLE NOW

**Beta copy gifted from author in exchange for an honest review**

Oh, I absolutely looooooved this book!!!!!*swoon* worthy hero alert!!

This is a college football romance like no other. The End Game brought out more emotion than any other sports romance I have ever read. It goes deeper than the dramas of college students on campus. It’s raw, it’s emotional, it’s heart-wrenching but it’s also very funny and sweet. It touches on a topic I (personally) have never
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK <3 <3 <3

description

ARC provided for an honest review

Anne OK
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
TOUCHDOWN + EXTRA POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD!

After reading several football related romances over the past couple weeks, I do believe that I’ve found my favorite for this year. The End Game is definitely a winner and will be difficult to beat. Brody, the campus heart throb, is a tortured football hero, who meets Jordan, who is assigned as his tutor and the only girl on campus who doesn’t immediately fall under his spell. She just happens to be a star in her own right – that being a very talented
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Umm…yeah. I just finished this book and am speechless. It blew me away! It was so real and raw and gritty and intense. I expected a fun, lighthearted sports romance. Instead, I got so much more and it was absolutely amazing!

Brody Madden lives, eats, and breathes football. It is all he has ever been good at and all he wants to do. He will do whatever is necessary to be the best.

“I’m on a girl hiatus. That means no dick near, on, or in, any girl’s pussy. It’s supposed to stop me from being distra
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

“I’m not letting you go. It’s you and me, and we’ll be strong together, okay?”

To refer to this book as a ‘sports romance’ would be an injustice. Sure, the story centres round a female soccer player and a football player and their goals to reach the peak of their game but that’s secondary to the personal and emotional struggles they face in themselves and their love.

We assumed The End Game to be a sweet sports themed romance and were quite unprepared for the depth of story and sheer gut wrenchi
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

“I’m not letting you go. It’s you and me, and we’ll be strong together, okay?”

Tracey (Life and Literature)
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Things are about to get gushy guys. But HOLY BOOK HANGOVER!! I can't bring myself to move on from this one. I've tried picking up a few different books, but after the amazingness of The End Game, I'm struggling to find something else to excite me.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love sport, so the fact that this book featured two sports had me all giddy with excitement. Jordan Elliott is the Aussie soccer sensation with a scholarship in the U.S. and Brody Madden is the wide receiver whose st
Alice
Aug 28, 2015 added it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars!

Brody Madden is a football star and Jordan Elliott is a soccer talent. Their sport career is what means the most to them. They plan to success in what they do..and certainly they're not looking for a relationship. Jordan has just moved to Houston from Australia just to follow her dream, a soccer career.

Jordan ends up being Jordan's tutor and while studying together, they fall for each other little by little.
But will they be able to stand the pressure they're constantly put through eve
Dee☾
This book was so...omg I don't even have words! It was so raw and heartbreaking and yet beautiful and inspiring all at the same time. I'm completely obsessed with it and it's characters. ❤

Oh god I feel a hangover already blossoming...
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brody was such a sweetheart and Jordan was a darling. This book has its own heartbreaking moments. I just wish it was more of them at times.

It is nice weekend read.
Jen
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing

6+++++++ STARS!!!

“Home is not a place where you live. It’s a feeling.”

We just adore Kate McCarthy. And when we read the prologue of The End Game this summer, we were excited to get our hands on this story. The prologue left us asking questions, pondering possibilities and counting down to release day....

What we thought was going to be a fun, sports related read became so much more as we turned the pages. This story is raw and heart wrenching at times.

Jordan Elliott, Australia's soccer supers
Crista
3 stars!

This one just didn't quite do it for me. I loved the premise, and now that it's football season, was ecstatic to have a new football romance to read! Unfortunately, this sports romance that is so intriguing at first, plunges head first into a story about addiction and loses itself along the way.

I am all for angst, and this story is chalk full of it. Abuse, neglect, learning disabilities, injuries, pressures...the list could go on and on. Brody Madden is your quintessential jock: arrogant
~ Becs ~
Nov 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
Looking forward to something new from Kate - from the author's blog

photo theendgamekatemac_zpse27ebe58.jpg

An American college football star, Brody Madden, and an Australian female soccer sensation, Jordan Elliott, who takes on an international sports scholarship for her senior year at Brody’s college. It’s about how they fall hard in love, and how their careers beyond college take them on separate paths, and how the pressure to be who people expect you to be, will bring about the downfall of one of them, right to very rock bottom. An
Tammy  Zautner
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING! With each book she writes, I become an even bigger Kate McCarthy fan.

The End Game is one of those books that will provoke a myriad of feels, each one packing one hell of a punch. As cliché as it sounds, you need to go in blind.

I loved that there was no contrived drama; each conflict and catalyst had its purpose. The angst, the drama was meaningful to the growth and development of the story and characters. Each layer perfectly placed and peeled away to reveal the truth of l
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 Stars

Kate McCarthy is a favorite author of mine but surprisingly this book just did not do it for me. Although the book features a very strong heroine and and a talented but tortured hero, which I loved, the plot of this book fell flat for me and the so-called scandal was absolutely not scandalous in my eyes at all. Lots of readers fell in love with this book so definitely give this one a try and judge for yourself. I adore Kate McCarthy (Redemption is one of my top favorites) and look forwa
Danny
Wow... I don't know how I survived these many emotions. This book was a super emotional rollercoaster.
I actually had to put it down sometimes because I was getting super anxious about the story. But, story aside, the author did a fantastic job putting that prologue. It left me curious, anxious and actually dreading what would happen because that prologue leaves a heartbreak idea of their real end game. At the same time, I wanted to read faster than ever, I had to stop and digest everything so I
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The End Game by Kate McCarthy
4 stars!!

“Home’s not a place where you live. It’s a feeling.”

I thoroughly enjoyed this one; it was not at all what I was expecting from a “Sports Romance.” This was a sports romance with a twist, it was great that the heroine was also a sports star too, with this book we have a successful woman as well as a successful man and it brought a whole new dynamic to this trope in sports romance books.

Kate McCarthy painstakingly draws you into the lives of Brody and Jord
Three Chicks
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Jordan Elliott is a soccer player; a real sensation on the playing field. Her biggest supporter is her brother Nick, but she is leaving Sydney, Australia to take advantage of a scholarship to Colton Park University, a college in Austin, Texas. This is the best school in Texas for athletes and she is not about to let anything stand in her way of becoming a professional soccer player.

Texas is very different than her home back in Australia. But she has the best roommate, Leah an
Paige
4.5 Stars

This is an example of what I love about NA romance. There was depth and character development and angst only when necessary. It was a story that showed growth and evolution in its characters. There were meaningful connection and conversations. The side characters added to the story and helped the main characters flourish. Of course there were hard times for both the H/h but it all came full circle in a realistic and beautiful way. I loved the twists thrown at me that I didn't expect tow
TeriLyn
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it

3 "Do something crazy." Stars

A very sweet book. I liked it. A boy and a girl who meet and fall in love unexpectedly staying together through the good and the downright ugly. Told from both points of view, The End Game provides a solid new adult reading experience.

Full review to come.
Kenny Danewitz raveh
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favourites
This was a great read for me. Loved both Brody and Jordan very much.
This was a very intense story and I was aching for both of them!!!
Loved the way it ended, and I think it was the right ending for both characters.

Gal
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(scroll down for the Hebrew review)

Loved this book so much!

It has a lot going on in it, so sometimes you feel like the author kind of lost track of the main plot, but don't let it stop you from reading it, because it all clears out in the end and you'll be happy you got there.

Jordan is a brave, strong, heroine and there is so much she has to deal with.

Brody seems to be just an arrogant athlete at the beggining, but there is so much more to him than that, and as you keep reading you find a very c
Kristine GPI Bookblog
I was a Kate McCarthy virgin prior to The End Game, I've had Fighting Redemption sitting on my kindle for a year now and I'm not entirely sure why I still haven't read it yet, that's the life of a book addict right, you #1click and it gets added to your never ending TBR... but now after finishing The End Game the back catalogue of Ms McCarthy's has definitely moved up my list.

On paper our hero and heroine couldn't be more different, their similarities seem to start and end with them both being a
Amy
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“We all need the one person who sees us. The one who gives it to us straight and tells us it is. We need that one person who isn’t afraid to get in our face and scream back. That one person who won’t ever hesitate to call you on your shit because they love you. That one person who’ll be there no matter what. You’re that person.”

There’s absolutely nothing better than discovering a new author, only to have them completely knock you off your feet. This is my first book by author Kate McCarthy, but
Loved "The End Game" - similar books? 6 53 Nov 08, 2018 08:36PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Tackled by Love
  • Truly Yours (Truly Us, #1)
  • Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Assumptions (Assumed Expectations, #1)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Harder (Caroline & West, #2)
  • From Now Until Infinity (Infinity, #2)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • A God in Carver
  • The Shortstop
  • Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts, #4)
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
  • The Divide (Dreamland #2)
  • Running Back (New York Leopards, #2)
  • Pieces of Camden
Kate McCarthy grew up in a small town outside of Port Macquarie, Australia. Raised in a house just a short walk to the beach, Kate enjoyed the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and friendships that come from being raised in a friendly, small town area.
She now resides in Brisbane, Australia, a city in the state of Queensland where she works as an accountant, along with a sideline wedding cake business a
“You look like you’re into sports and nutrition. Wanna taste my banana?” 5 likes
“Home will follow you if you follow your heart.” 5 likes