Start by marking “The V-Spot” as Want to Read:
The V-Spot

The V-Spot

How hot is your night going to get? Take the quiz and find out!

1. You're a curvy, cute and practical nurse, ready to unleash your inner naughty nymphette for your 25th birthday. You start with...
a. Chocolate cake.
b. Champagne. Lots of it.
c. A blind date set up by your daring best friend.

2. Your guy turns out to be popular (and insanely hot) wrestler Brody "The Bull" Bullo
Published October 8th 2014 by Harlequin - Cosmo Red Hot Read (first published January 1st 2014)

Start your review of The V-Spot
Alp
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Hot, sexy, but amazingly sweet!

This was my first book from this author so I honestly didn’t know what to expect. I went into this novella blind but came out with a big smile on my face. From the very first page, I was literally pulled into the story and it had me hooked from chapter one right through to the end.

In this book, you’ll meet Emma Master, a size 16 pediatric nurse, and Brody “The Bull” Bullock, a sexy professional wrestler.

On her twenty-fifth birthday, Emma was set up on a blind
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: plus-size
GAH!!! Why aren't good books longer? :(
Fiona Marsden
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Emma who is a very efficient nurse but has struggled a little...a lot...in her personal life because she is a little more than cuddly.

Her best friend Sadie...attractive best friend...wants her to have a great birthday treat with maybe a little hot smexy thrown in.

The V-Spot is where it's all going to happen. Sadie's choice but hey, the blind date is a one off so maybe something a little kinky will help get things going.

Except it doesn't start off well when Brodie is late. Em
Kjen
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
2.5 Stars for me, personally....A decent read, but not quite what I expected. If you are into stories with a very plus-sized lead female, this will be fine for you. I didn't necessarily think that the 'curvy' mentioned in the synopsis meant there were a lot of body image issues involved. I think that the intimate scenes lost a lot steam, because Emma was worried about her extra weight. I just wasn't engaged. This was a good read for the right audience, though!
Heather Thurmeier
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this quick, sexy read! I was drawn to this book the second I saw the cover and the story did not disappoint! Emma is just a normal girl looking for a little adventure on her birthday and Brody is only too happy to be the one to take her for a ride. Together they definitely earned their "Red Hot Read" status. Highly recommend this quick, satisfying, and super steamy book!
Desere
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let's start off my giving you a short description of our heroine in this read. Emma is a curvy, cute and practical nurse, so life is not exactly off the charts hot every day. Now for a little quiz.

It's Emma's 25 th birthday and she wants to spice up her night and unleash her inner naughty nymphette just for the night, does she start with :

a. Chocolate Cake
b. Champagne, and I mean lots of it
c. A blind date set up by her best but very daring friend

She makes selection C, but when he turns out to
TashNz
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
October 2014 new release by Cosmo Hot Reads by Harlequin.

Good golly Miss Molly. Is it getting hot in here or is that just summer hitting my part of the world! Turn that fan on because I need an ice tea to cool down after reading this little gem! Cosmo Hot Reads are not called Cosmo Hot Reads for nothing!!!

Plus size Emma, (Nurse by day, newbee-voyer by night) is out celebrating her 25th birthday but not in the usual way, no! She's at the V-Spot - about to embark on a blind date - litterally a bli
Tiffany Reads It All
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
How's this for a set of unconventional romance characters? Emma, a capable nurse, struggles with self-esteem because she wears a size 16. Brody is smitten with Emma, but she won't give him the time of day because he's a professional wrestler and known for being a ladies' man. The line between preconceived notions and reality disappears as Emma and Brody are set up for a date on the evening of Emma's birthday.

I made the same mistake as Emma when I assumed that Brody is just a big oaf. He's actua
Jan Meredith
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emma Masters is a big girl with equally big plans for her 25th birthday.

According to her best friend, Sadie, "Every woman deserves a good f#*k on her birthday. If she's not in a relationship, it's her best friend's responsibility to see that she gets it." What Emma really needs is a man who can handle a big girl like herself. With that in mind, she sets Emma up for an evening at the V-Spot, a voyeur motel, and to make sure her evening is as absolutely big as it can be, also sets her up on a bli
Nas Dean
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
THE V-SPOT by author Wendy S. Marcus is a Cosmo Red-Hot Read is October 2014 release.

Emma Masters falls in with her friend’s plan to celebrate her birthday by having a wild blind date. She is pissed when her date is late. And more pissed when he turns out to be the over-confident, full of himself professional wrestler, Brody Bullock.

Brody just wanted a chance to show Emma that he was a regular guy apart from the celebrity who visited the children in her ward. Would Emma give him this chance?

THE
Ava
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book really wasn't for me right from the beginning, still I couldn't do a DNF.
I think is me is not you.
Sure I wanted a quick read and also cleaning my library. So there....

Whay wrong? I don't know the style? The story? maybe I was expecting some little fun.

So the book, for what I quickly read was about a birthday where a girl met her blind date in a kinky hotel. Actually, it was all planned by the blind date. And then there were some convincing for this part and that part and happy endi
Kristina
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, quick, romantic read and I loved it. Wendy S. Marcus has a way with characterization that makes you root for the characters from the start; this book was no different. I liked that the heroine wasn't the perfect/skinny heroine type and I loved that the hero had an alternative career - who knew a wrestler could be so romanctic?!?

If you're looking for great characters, strong writing and a sweet happily ever after, give this one a try.
Laura Altom
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-treasures
The V-Spot is such a HOOT!! Sparkling dialogue and sexy fun with a smidge of poignancy. I knew I was hooked when the heroine took off her Spanx in the parking lot. The V-Spot is the perfect, bite-sized morsel!! Can't wait to read more from Wendy S. Marcus!!
Kari
Sep 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, novella, 2014
I thought this was a cute yet really steamy novella. I loved the relationship between the main characters. Any guy who sees through to the real woman is a keeper in my book!
Gabrielle
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hahaha!! Sexy and super fun characters! You rarely get both in erotic romance. So refreshing!
Liz F
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I've previously read a book by this author and was blown away by it. This book was much shorter and it was good but this one was much more fun to read. The characters in this book were real and funny and I definitely got a kick out of them!

I really dug Emma. I thought she was hilarious and real and had a good grasp of how the world works. See, she's a self-proclaimed "big girl" and big girls have to navigate society in a different way. I liked
Char (1RadReader59)
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emma Masters was a loving, caring pediatrics nurse at a hospital in New York. Not only did the children love her but the parents, co-workers, and doctors loved and respected her. She had a big heart to match her voluptuous figure. You better watch your P’s & Q’s. She ran a tight ship in order to keep her little ones on the ward healthy and happy.
No one knows this better than Sadie her best friend. Sadie knew Emma’s birthday was coming up, the big “2-5.” So, she wanted to make it special and ex
Nance
So do plus-size women ever get the hot guy? The guy that has it all going on? The one that all the skinny babes with long golden hair go after? The guy that’s so freakin’ good-looking with muscles galore and that infectious smile that everyone just loves him? Well, that’s what nurse Emma Masters questions. She could just never see someone like that being interested in her. Let’s face it, she’s far from skinny. She lacks confidence with her looks, and when she looks at herself in the mirror, she ...more
patrick Lorelli
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The V-Spot is actually a voyeurism hotel and Emma Masters is there waiting for her blind date that her friend Sadie set for her on her 25 birthday. Emma is a Pediatric nurse in a New York hospital and she runs a tight ship, so when any stars or professional athletes come in they have to go through a series of tests first and then if approved she makes sure they wash their hands and put on gowns. The children’s health is first and foremost. Waiting she is starting to get the feeling that she is g ...more
MBR
This is a score sheet review. For the full review with scores visit the blog! Below is the score sheet summary.

Emma Masters is a nurse, known as the pit bull of the pediatric ward. A little bit on the plus size, Emma suffers a lot from body image issues. On Emma’s 25th birthday, her best friend gets into her head to give no holds barred sex of the panty melting variety a go. And that is how Emma finds herself at a voyeur motel called The V-Spot, waiting for a blind date who turns out to be none
Maria Rose
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This sexy novella treats us to the story of Emma and Brody. Emma is a practical no nonsense nurse. When her best friend treats her to a blind date at a voyeur motel for her birthday she's determined to enjoy herself - until her date turns out to be Brody, a pro wrestler she sees periodically at the hospital. Suddenly her plans of hot sex with a stranger are thrown into disarray. Can she let Brody prove to her that his interest is sincere and worth more than a one night stand?

I loved this story!
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

The V-Spot marks my first time reading a book from Wendy S. Marcus. I seriously LOVED the book.

Hmmm. Let me count the ways.

Emma Masters. Emma is a plus-sized pediatric nurse, who use to do some plus-size modeling. She’s beautiful, even if she doesn’t think she is. Emma has a wonderful personality and she’s caring. She goes above and beyond for her patients and their parents.

Brody Bullock. Brody “The Bull” is a professional wrestler. For months he’s
Tracey
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Wendy S. Marcus always brings something a little different into her books, and always something deeply emotional. The first different is the venue for a first date, and the second a plus-size heroine. The author is a pro at adding heat, and this one is way hot!

Controlled and efficient at work isn't enough for Emma - or so her friend says. Which is why she ends up agreeing to a blind date at a Voyeur Motel as a birthday gift. She's having major doubts when she gets there, especially as
Crystal
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, harlequin
Imagine this... It is your 25th birthday and your best friend sets you up on a blind date. Not just any blind date. Oh no, this blind date is at The V-Spot, aka the Voyeur Motel, a place where you check your inhibitions at the door for one night of steamy, hot sex. Thanks to her hyper-sexed best friend, this is exactly how Emma Masters will be spending her birthday. Having the best sex in her life with a total stranger... Until that total stranger turns out to be Brody "The Bull" Bullock, a sexy ...more
Landslide
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I really liked “The V-Spot”. Despite being a novella, its story is sufficiently developed and it works.

Emma just turned 25 and her best friend and fellow nurse Sadie’s present is a blind date at the V-Spot, a voyeur club. Emma is excited with the date but only until she realizes the stranger she’s meeting is Brody "The Bull", the famous wrestler that comes to visit the children that are hospitalized at the hospital she works a
Janie
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"The V-Spot" by Wendy S. Marcus 4.5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed this book. Wasn't sure what to expect when I was asked to read for a honest review, but I really liked it. It was sexy, sensual, and takes the reader into the world of erotica.

Emma Masters is reserved when it comes to dating. Her friend sets her up for a blind date, and a little fun on the side with a stranger. She is upset when her date is late, and then pissed when Brody Bullock (professional wrestler) shows up. At first she thinks
Michele
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

‘Rather than dwell on the differences between them, Emma decided to appreciate her good fortune in having him handy and put his beautiful body to good use for the rest of the night. Or until she passed out from exhaustion, whichever came first.’

The V-Spot is an oh-so sexy contemporary novella that had me laughing and sighing happily. It is, to me, the quintessential Cosmo Red Hot Read: Fun, flirty, and full of naughtiness! Oh, and chocolate. Lots of chocolate…

You know, I
Jorja Lovett
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've always loved Wendy's work, and the fact that her love scenes were hotter than your average M&B. So when I heard she was 'upping the sexy' I couldn't wait to get my hands on The V-Spot. And it didn't disappoint!

Yes, the story is erotically charged, but that doesn't detract from the heart of the story. It is still very much a romance, with the depth of characters I've come to know and love from this writer.

Emma is a full-figured chocoholic I can empathise with, and Brody is a hunk-with-a-hear
Marcy
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emma is a plus size nurse. She meets wrestler Brody when he visits her pediatric patients in costume and doesn't care much for him. But Brody liked what he sees and when he hears her friend is arranging a blind date for Emma for her birthday he asks to be at the top of the list.

I really enjoyed this story that has a very unique main location: a Voyeur Motel. ;) I loved that these were real characters and I couldn't help falling for Brody who just wanted Emma to see the man behind the character h

• The Alpha's Virgin Possession (The Alpha Shifter Collection #3)
  • Texas Kissing
  • When She Purrs: A Risdaverse Tale
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Alpha Geek (Alpha Geek, #1)
  • Savage Bite (Savage Shifters #1)
  • Her Best Laid Plans
  • You Guac My World (The Way To A Man's Heart #3)
  • After I Do
  • The Garden of Longing
  • Kissing My Killer
  • Tallulah's Temptation (Sea Shenanigans #1)
  • Midlife Wish (Blackwell Djinn, #1)
  • Even the Score
  • That Psychic Life (Blackwell Djinn, #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1)
  • Fated (Pyte/Sentinel, #5)
  • Puppy Love (Vincent Street Valentines #3)
Wendy S. Marcus is an award-winning author of contemporary romance who lives in the beautiful Hudson Valley region of New York...where she spends way too much time indoors on her computer. Writing. Really! Okay, more like…where she spends way too much time on Twitter and Facebook! To learn more about Wendy and the books she’s managed to write, in spite of her social media addiction, visit http://W ...more

News & Interviews