Start by marking “Coloring Animal Mandalas” as Want to Read:
Coloring Animal Mandalas

Coloring Animal Mandalas

Attain focus, clarity and peace while adding bright and inspiring colors to these unique patterns

From the Sanskrit word for “circle,” mandalas have been used for meditation and healing for thousands of years. Coloring Animal Mandalas adds the beauty of the animal kingdom—including butterflies, tigers, swans, snakes, lions, and even dragons—into these intricate designs for
Published September 2nd 2014 by Ulysses Press

To ask other readers questions about Coloring Animal Mandalas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coloring Animal Mandalas

Start your review of Coloring Animal Mandalas
Tima
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, intricate circles called mandalas fill each page.Mandalas have been used for meditation and relaxation for thousands of years. The act of coloring them is intended to help the individual relax and focus. Each page has a detailed animal or animals such as the one shown on the cover.

I had no idea what a mandalas was previous to picking up this book. I was in awe as soon as
I opened the first page. The detail is outstanding. My kids were begging to let them color a page. But I think I'm
Tracy
Aug 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was slightly disappointed when I received this book to review. I'd been truly excited to get this one, and had expected a larger format due to the subject matter. However, you should know, the book itself is roughly 6" x 6". While the mandalas are extremely detailed, this small format does not allow you to easily color the picture. I've actually found that I enjoy coloring the mandalas much more when I copy the pages on my home printer, enlarging them in the process.

The illustrations are
Caiti
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book, a Goodreads gem, provides a relaxing and therapeutic activity for those with busy minds and the desire to create. The mandala itself is rich in its history of providing solace and peace to those in meditation. My only criticism is that some of the details in the mandalas are so small that some art supplies will be insufficient. Perhaps one could magnify them with a copier, and that way also preserve the book for future use.
Lois
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who ever thought that, as an adult, you could self-administer art therapy through opting for coloring in pictures? If you haven’t heard about it yet, doing so might seem too close to retreating into one’s second childhood for comfort. However, one of the most sophisticated nations, if not the most sophisticated nation, on earth, France, has come up with just such a form of stress relief. With over 350,000 sales in the bag, the publishers of 100 Coloriages Anti-Stress are coining the market in ...more
Jill
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A mandala (Sanskrit for circle) is a symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism that represents the universe. Mandalas are employed for meditation, by focusing one’s total attention on the mandala (as opposed to say, one’s to-do list of chores).

Swiss pyschoanalyst Carl Jung believed the unconscious could be revealed through art, and used it in his treatment of patients. He noticed that both he and they often resorted to circle drawings. He decided the mandala actually represented “the Self, the wholeness
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I adored this book. Mandalas have been used for meditation and relaxation for a long time and too see it used in this context was such a treat. I found it to be quite relaxing and enjoyable. My 6 year old son also really enjoyed coloring along side me. I really encourage all that are looking for something to do that is both beautiful and relaxing to pick up this book and get to work. You can get lost in the pictures and feel rejuvenated after you are done using your creative mind!
4 stars
Jackie
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a lovely book of mandalas to color. You will find yourself becoming very calm as you focus on coloring in the mandalas. It's a vacation for your mind and body.
Brielle Rathe