Start by marking “The Incredible Life of a Himalayan Yogi: The Times, Teachings and Life of Living Shiva: Baba Lokenath Brahmachari” as Want to Read:

The Incredible Life of a Himalayan Yogi brings to you, alive, the times and teachings of a rare Yogi who lived for 160 years (1730-1890), spending the major part of his life in the Himalayan caves and traveling the world on foot. Baba Lokenath, through his amazing penance and practice of hathayoga, rajayoga, and the synthesis of Yoga, reached a state of being one with the ...more
Published June 1st 2014 by Lokenath Divine Life Mission, Kolkata, India

Start your review of The Incredible Life of a Himalayan Yogi: The Times, Teachings and Life of Living Shiva: Baba Lokenath Brahmachari
Monique
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full of miracles and truth

This book fills the heart and soul with love and wisdom. A true gem for any seeker. It is always uplifting to read of the miracles and blessings that pour forth from a God realised living Saint.
Cyberpayanee
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book is destined to end up as a spiritual classic. Very inspirational. The presence of the sage in the book is palpable. The book will find its own way into seekers hands. Grateful to the authors!
jayasreedaran
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible!

I bought this book on curiosity. India is a land of saints and Baba Lokenaths was a name I had never come across, unfortunately. However now that the I read this book, I can say I am touched by His presence. The Author has been able bring the life of a great saint to the general public and through the book, been able to make Baba's grace reach the souls who were not fortunate to witness the grand play of the Divine in physical form. Jai Baba Lokenath.
Ying Zhao
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Namaste

Read this with an open mind - the least you could take away is the infinite love and the ultimate truth that all is ONE. And if you have faith, only you and your Self could experience how valuable this spiritual treasure means to the human kind and beyond. Namaste!
Dennis Bruus
Wisdom !

This book is recommendable absolutely,sensitive and sympathetic ,wise in a wide array clear and concise, verry verry sensitive and i love it.
Sophus!
Neha
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible

Best book..already read it twice...a book meant to be digested and not read...the more it is read, the more u learn
Rahul
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hi Readaers,
This is deep soul moving book, which has shown spirituality in practical use for society in general who has been caught in the folds of untold miseries and illusions. Gurudev at his best relieving every soul from the miseries of the world and leading them to their true home.
Rare and Truely very rare are these Sat Guru's who have attained to the peak of spiritual salvation and yet has returned back to the society to rid them of their pains. As living SADGURU SHRI SHIVKRUPANND SWMAIJ
priyanko Chatterjee
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding book for those who are seeking the truth of life

The author let the reader to effortlessly enjoy the blissfulness and the content of the book has really flown into the heart of the reader, purifying the existing worldly thought and shown the way to eternal ecstasy through the process of detachment.
Liz
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
I like these type of books, the life and times of great men. I found it easy to read, it moved me and I think I will revisit it every year. I especially liked the meditations at the end of each chapter, a great way to cement what you have learnt.
You need an open mind if you are a westerner, many things will be considered "unreal" in the western materialistic worldview.
Nitesh Syal
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Few important leasons to learn from this book

Some important and thought provoking leasons which can be learnt from this book. Stresses the importance and significance of having a guru in your life.
Prasant Rout
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knowing Self

The experience of a Yogi with Siddhi guides our life . Good book to make a living with consciousness of mortality and immortality in our life.
ANURAG KUMAR
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice book. Nice stories too

I could not stop until I finished it. It sheds light on some important aspects of life of a yogi.
Niranjan Behera
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ecology
An wonderful spiritual motivating book.

An wonderful spiritual motivating book. I recommend the book for everybody's library.
The lucid presentation has added to its readability.
Santosh Kabade
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly incredible...

Blessed to read life story of sri sadguru baba lokhanath ji. Read the story and be blessed.. Thanks lot.. 😀
Anna Abderhalden
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring

Beautifully written, evoking deep inspiration and profound reflection on life, spirituality and beyond. A literary gem to be read mor than once.
Vinod Kumar
Best book I ever read
vinay
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent spiritual read

It is a good book. Bought it without having any background about Swamiji. Was not at all disappointed a good read with lot of takeaways on spirituality
Varun Meel

• Yogiraj Shri Shri Lahiri Mahasaya
  • Death; An Inside Story: A book for all those who shall die
  • Shunya: A Novel
  • Fourteen Lessons in Yogi Philosophy and Oriental Occultism [Kindle Edition]
  • Turiya - The God State: Beyond Kundalini, Kriya Yoga & all Spirituality (Real Yoga Book 5)
  • Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, 9 Vols.
  • The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami
  • Living with the Himalayan Masters
  • Bhagavad-Gita As It Is
  • Aghora: At the Left Hand of God (Aghora)
About Author writing Living with My Himalayan Master: Sri Sri Bhajan Brahmachari - A Biography

Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari (Bodhi) was born on 10 May, 1949 in Calcutta, India. He left his job as a lecturer of Economics at a college in Andhra Pradesh at the young age of 26 to join his Guru’s ashram in Calcutta and embrace the life of a monastic at the feet of his beloved Master. Back in college, he

News & Interviews

“True renunciation comes through acceptance of all that life offers.” 4 likes
“The entire world is a mirror in which we see the reflections of our actions and thoughts. Love begets love. Hate begets hate. Fear begets fear. We see the world, interpret the world, respond to the world, through the distilled essence of our own consciousness, and draw from the world that same essence.” 3 likes