Start by marking “Finding Paris” as Want to Read:
Finding Paris

Finding Paris

An evocative and compelling story of two sisters who would do anything for each other—perfect for fans of Thirteen Reasons Why and Speak. Joy Preble's stirring new novel explores the lengths to which sisters go to protect each other, and the winding road that brings two strangers into each other's lives.

Sisters Leo and Paris Hollings have only ever had each other to rely o
Published April 21st 2015 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Finding Paris, please sign up.
Gabrielle I've read both books. In some ways, yes, these two books are similar. However, the two authors write differently and the characters have very…moreI've read both books. In some ways, yes, these two books are similar. However, the two authors write differently and the characters have very different personalities. Both are great reads and I hope that you decide to check them out. :)(less)

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thank to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)

“Stay calm, Leo. This is the only way. He’s making me. You have to find me. xParis 0 00 1 36

This book. It drove me nuts.

‘My sister slams the brakes, and we both jolt forward, seat belts tightening. “You know I’d do anything for you,” she says. “Well, maybe not work at that yogurt place. Because it’s yogurt, you know?”'

Thanks sis.

The characters in this drove me potty. Pari
Fiona
THAT PLOT TWIST IN THE END.

THIS BOOK HELLA TOOK MY BREATH AWAY.

ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE!

At first thought, Finding Paris is very much alike to Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. After reading this book, my head was filled with thoughts on what it is about disappearing and getting lost. I don’t know why but I like these kind of books. There’s something more than just getting lost you know? Like they may get lost in different kind of ways but I think I’ve figured out why people would like to get los
isabelle
I'm guessing we're going to be looking for finding Alaska Paris in this book, readers.
savannah
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER FREE
Leo is woken up by her sister, Paris, in the middle of the night because Tobias broke up with her and she needs pie ASAP. When they walk into the diner and get her pie, there's a guy. He name is Max, Leo has quite an awkward conversation with Max. Once the chat is over Leo realizes she forgot her wallet so Paris goes to the car and gets it. Little does Leo know that she's going to get ditched, by her sister.
Once Leo walks outside to try and find Paris, her car isn't there and neither
Nikki S
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Talk about mind effed.... Review to come!

Edit: 01/16/15

You can find more of my reviews here on my blog: Take Me Away...

The beginning of this story was very sweet and though I was intrigued, I wasn't fully immersed in the story. But as it went on, things started happening and let me tell you it wasn't anything like I expected. This book turned out to be a total mind eff and I am so glad I decided to read it.
I'm not normally a fan of road trips and lately I've been reading them non-stop. I rea
Tiffany (About to Read)
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on About to Read. For Fairytale fashions, reads, and more visit abouttoread.com

***

Finding Paris took me by surprise with it’s fast-paced, unputdownable nature. Sure, I was expecting a quick contemporary, but I wasn’t expecting to devour the story the way I did.

Part of the reason I was a little hesitant with this one is that I had read The Sweet Dead Life and it just wasn’t for me. There were qualities I liked about it though, and Finding Paris sounded like it wo
Lauren ✨ (YABookers)
I received a free copy via Edelweiss for review purposes.

I admit that the cover for Finding Paris was what initially drew me into requesting this on Edelweiss. Yet I find myself bordering on hating this book.

The story focuses on sisters Leo and Paris and their close bond; they only have each other to rely on as their mother flits from city to city, guy to guy. They can't trust their gambling stepfather, so it's just the two of them - Leo and Paris against the world. Then Paris ditches her siste
Adele
When I first read this story, I didn’t know what to expect. I had no idea. I didn’t even write down any predictions. I got swept up in the story I was reading. I had to know the ending and once I finished the book it was like I was ripped apart in so many ways. Betrayed. Yet by the actual end of the book, I was okay. Finding Paris ripped me apart and put me back together again.

The relationship that these two sisters have with each other is nothing but amazing because if I were any of the two sis
nick
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5/5

Finding Paris is a book I went in with much trepidation. Friends of mine had not enjoyed and I was obviously a little wary. However, I think lowering my expectations certainly helped me like the book. The book tells the story of Leo, whose sister abandons her at a diner and leaves her a trail of clues that will help find her. I have to say, I was a little put off by Leo's sister, Paris' behavior in the book especially because she also steals Leo's savings. How could she do this to her young
Trisha
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Destruction isn't permanent."

This is an interesting book with a powerful statement. But it was a little off for me. normally I would LOVE this kind of book. But the jumbled beginning - I didn't feel like I got to know Paris or Leo well enough to have an emotional tie to them. I didn't feel either way about Max either, after all was said and done.

but I think it's a good book, with a good message and one that will connect and resonate with others.
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
This review originally appeared on Such a Novel Idea.

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I have to say that I was drawn to this book before I even knew what it was by two things: 1) the fact that it was written by Joy Preble and 2) the cover. However, after reading what the book was about, I knew it was something I was just going to have to pick up. I got to meet Preble in 2014
Rhea Dsouza
Mediocrity mediocrity everywhere. For a story that is supposed to compare to Thirteen Reasons Why, Finding Paris was deeply underwhelming, and this might only be me, but I didn't feel like I connected to any character, despite the fact that they were quite well-written. The book opened beautifully, and personally, I loved the way Leo and Paris stuck to each other no matter what. The two sisters seemed willing to do anything for each other, and older sister Paris takes advantage of this fact, lea ...more
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
I've been stucked here for 10 minutes lost on how to start writing my thoughts after finishing this book. Finding Paris was an okay read however its a bit tad slow and just you know really okay.

The thing that kept me on reading this was the mystery of where Paris is. Plus what really happened to start this chase and looking. The concept of the story was actually good however theexcution of it came a bit slow and boring. I'm looking for more action and adrenaline rushing scenes or even more road
Stacee
This was some serious fuckery. I'm still a bit floored by the reveal.

Love love loved the idea of this. It's a mystery slash scavenger hunt and I was on board within one chapter. I liked being in Leo's head and of course Max was adorable and that ending...there aren't words.

This absolutely was not what I was expecting and I really enjoyed every page of it.

**Huge thanks to Balzer+Bray and Edelweiss for providing the arc in exchange for an honest review**
ReadWriteLove28
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rev-on-amazon
Leo and Paris were sisters, only one year apart in age. They were opposites, yet did almost everything together. Leo was the smart one, the one who loved math and science and wanted to be a doctor. Paris was the artsy, wistful optimist, always having a smile on her face and dreaming about something fun. One night, they went to the restaurant where Paris worked, and ordered a coconut cream pie. That was the first time that Leo met Max, and it was also the last time that she saw Paris. Leo quickly ...more
Vicki
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Paris and her sister Leo are very close, so close that there isn't anything they wouldn't do for each other. I guess there is little that is better than the bonds between two sisters. Paris is what I would call a dreamer; Leo is more the planner. Paris wants to create beautiful things; Leo wants to become a doctor. Very different goals in life don't distance these sisters.

One night Paris wakes her sister Leo in the middle of the night to just take off a diner where Leo sees a cute boy and approa
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Contemporary
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: nope.

Best Part:
Vegas references :D
Worst Part: The "twist" :(
Overall Feels Felt: Oh a mystery; Vegas!; Oh no :(

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a
Recommending: yes
Misc.: Trigger Warning; Rape.

Short Review: Well, this book is a emotional roller coaster. First, i
princess ellie
If you stop reading this without knowing what happened to Paris I think you should really start seeing a psychologist. SRSLY HAHAHA I enjoyed this so much!! It’s fast-paced, witty (really) and entertaining! No boring parts and kept me on the hook till 5am in the morning. It makes me want to go on a road trip! I just went to LAS VEGAS AND L.A. THANK U BOOK. Finding Paris is a story with great depth touching on family, friendships, and romance. It hit me so bad. I fell in love with the characters! ...more
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on Key to Book City, check it out for more!

Road trip novels with beautiful covers that just make me want to scream the characters' destination? Joy Preble truly gave us that. And by the way, in case you haven't noticed already, I do enjoy beginning my reviews off with rhetorical questions that not everyone can answer since not everyone read the book. Hah. But seriously, back to matter that we're currently facing, Finding Paris is my pleasure. I'm not feeling guilt i
Shay
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting from this book but either way it blew those expectations out of the water. This was just such a good book and I don't know how to review it because I don't want to give away anything because I feel like going in not expecting much out of it is part of why I loved it so much; it wowed me.

So, the book starts off with Leo and her sister Paris going to the Heartbreak Hotel Diner after Paris breaks up with her boyfriend. Paris dares Leo to go over and tal
Kels Fidler
Title: Finding Paris

Author: Joy Preble

Age Group: Teen/Young Adult

Genre: Contemporary Fiction

Series: N/A

Star Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

This book was given to me by the publisher, Balzer and Bray, through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review--thank you so much!

Lately, I've been getting into contemporary fiction--it's a genre I've grown to enjoy (dare I say, love?) as much as any high fantasy novel. And I'm happy to report to you guys that 2015 seems to be a great year for contemporary young ad
Paige Bradish
I received Finding Paris by Joy Preble from the program, Around The World ARC Tours where you can get ARCS to read and review, and then pass on to the next person.

Finding Paris was amazing the whole way through. The characters were great, the plot was intense with all its plot twists I found myself never wanting to put the book down. In the very beginning we meet sisters Leo and Paris. First off I love the way they are introduced, with Paris waking Leo up in the middle of the night for pie beca
Christina Mandelski
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the road trip genre, I love YA romance, and I love sister/family stories. FINDING PARIS, has all of these things (Yay!), and so much more.

When Leo's beloved and free-spirited sister Paris runs away (or is kidnapped - did I mention there is mystery here too?) she drops everything to find her. Paris seems a fragile soul, and Leo will do anything to protect her. When Leo finds a clue taped to the leg of an Elvis statue (did I mention that the book is also very funny?), so begins both a lite
Kristine
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced readers copy from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I'll start with the positives of this book. It was an extremely easy book to get through and providing you have the time it can be done in one sitting. The writing was good which also made finishing the book quickly an easy thing to do.

But...

I wasn't a big fan of the story. It took on too much of the arti
Read InAGarden
Leo's sister, Paris, ditches her one night and sends her on a finders mission across Las Vegas. On this mission, Leo is accompanied by a stranger she's just met, Max. Along the way, Leo wonders what Paris is running from and thinks that it might be that their step-father has been sexually abusing Paris. This sexual abuse sub-strain is far too important a topic to be relegated to a side-burner in a novel.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
I will say that the more I read this book the more I hated Paris. I understand that what happened to Leo was terrible but there was no need for her to do that to her sister. I mean how exactly does leaving your sister stranded with no money because you stole it help her. Especially when you are like hey I'm sending you on hunt to find me and with a stranger nonetheless. As you can see this book clearly irritated me and really it should have been called Finding A Flaky B**ch.
Natalie O’Brien
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finding Paris is a story about finding yourself. I loved the backdrop of Vegas and the way when you read the words it feels like you're actually there. Paris and Leo's relationship felt so real. Their bond inseparable and so loving I loved it!! That ending though!! I expected it but then again I totally didn't which was fantastic!! Great story I would recommend to anyone!!
KKat
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I never thought that it would be ending like it did!
Lex
I knew it. But didn't expect that last turn of events tho. I mean, when the truth finally came out. :o I wasn't expecting that. Finished in just a couple of hours! :)
Jessica
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5/5

Overall, this book just wasn't gripping enough for me to enjoy this. I wanted to read it through the end, and I wanted to know where exactly Paris went, but I honestly wasn't really gripped by anything until the last 30ish pages of the book. I loved the premise of this book and I wanted to absolutely love it (I mean, it literally has a mystery road trip!) but it just didn't cut it for me. What finally got me really intrigued was at the end, and while I didn't see it coming, it seemed to be
AMAZING BOOK!!!!!! 1 2 Sep 22, 2016 05:50PM
Crazy for Young A...: Finding Paris by Joy Preble → Start Date: June 24th, 2015 36 22 Jul 11, 2015 09:20PM
  • Every Last Promise
  • The Memory Key
  • Making Pretty
  • Invincible (Invincible, #1)
  • No Parking at the End Times
  • Lies I Told (Lies I Told, #1)
  • A Sense of the Infinite
  • Endangered
  • Emancipated (Emancipated, #1)
  • Underneath Everything
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Encore to an Empty Room (Exile, #2)
  • The Secrets of Attraction
  • Vanished (Vanished, #1)
  • The Cost of All Things