Start by marking “Nine: Vengeance of the Warrior” as Want to Read:
Nine: Vengeance of the Warrior

Nine: Vengeance of the Warrior

(NINE Trilogy #2)

All future is defined by the past.
And therefore, the end is only the beginning . . .
After burying the vicious Kalingan warrior, Akash, Tara and Zubin are continuing their lives as before, hiding the fact that they are a part of King Ashoka’s exalted NINE; hiding even, that each of them has powers that are to be used for the benefit of mankind, when needed.
Except, things a
Published May 1st 2014 by Penguin Metro Reads

To ask other readers questions about Nine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nine

Start your review of Nine: Vengeance of the Warrior

Length: 337 pages

Publisher: Penguin India

Genre: Fiction, Action, Thriller

My rating: 3/5

Summary:

This book starts where the first book ends and second in the trilogy. The Kalingan Warrior has come back with a new host and has more powers.

My Take:

Even though there were flaws in the first part of the trilogy, I still went ahead with the second part in the Nine Trilogy thinking this one would be better. I was a bit disappointed with this one tho
Arnab Pal
It has been a couple of months since I have read a book. Last week I had about ten days of free time so I thought, hey, lets read something. Well, eventually I ended up reading this Nine Trilogy.
I like this new genre Amish has created. But, yeah, sometimes it does feel a bit congested. So many ‘authors’ now-a-days, writing so many ‘bestselling’ novels, plenty of those based on the genre that Amish has created.
But, since, I am always a thriller-lover and a ‘fan’ of Ashoka (duh! Who isn’t?), I de
Purnendu Chatterjee
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
‘Vengeance of the warrior’ is the second instalment of the NINE trilogy by Shobha Nihalani. This book starts where the previous one ended, not plot wise but the feel wise. Being a fantasy-fiction, this book is undoubtedly one of the best of its series because of the imagination and narrative power of the author.

The name itself sends a chill down the spine and I feel that the book will be known more as the second book of the NINE Trilogy than by the name. If I have to judge the significance of t
Varsha
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shobha Nihalani’s NINE: Vengeance of the Warrior is the second book in series of the NINE trilogy, after NINE: Curse of the Kalingan being the first. Nihalani has named the book after the legend of 'The Nine Unknown Men,' which is also the inspiration for the story.

“All future is defined by the past. And therefore, the end is only the beginning.” Hence, Vengeance of the Warrior (Book 2) traces back its threads to Curse of the Kalingan (Book 1).

The historical background of this fantasy thriller i
Meghant Parmar
The Nine have returned to their normal lives but the Kalingan spirit is on the rise again. It seeks vengeance and it's up to the special Three to stop the evil spirit from becoming mighty and powerful yet again.

The book is a continuation from the first part and has retained most of it's core. The pace is furious and there is no dearth of action in it.

The book lacks a good story line. It's not even able to hold on to the momentum it has from the start. The book fails to give a clearer picture a
Sakshi Nanda
Shobha Nihalani’s ‘NINE – Vengeance of a Warrior’ may make fantasy lovers read till the end. But for me, it does not plausibly or seamlessly fill up those ‘gaps in historical data’ which could successfully transport me to the Battlefield of Kalinga. I would like to think that somewhere Shobha has attempted to show a modern society bereft of the five virtues Ashoka’s pagoda stood for – faith, hope, compassion, forgiveness and non-violence. Perhaps, that is why Tejaswi is one-eyed, to symbolize ho ...more
Aravind
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
The plot is the same as the first novel in the series; the three youngest members of the millennia old society of the 'Nine' fight the resurrected spirit of the Kalingan warrior they had defeated previously. This time though, they are not the clueless youngsters of old.
Being the sequel, it doesn't have the novelty of plot, which makes it quite predictable. There is a lot of action but the entire story feels incoherent. Many of the lines don't do anything to take the story forward. The climax is
Vikas Datta
Engrossing enough but do feel a disconnect between the action and the premise and the plot - somehow they never mesh well enough. A lot of promising plots and sub-plots, and many questions but they are not developed fully and the ending also seems quite hurried...
Medha Sharma
Sameer Koli
Dec 12, 2018
Harsh Modi
May 22, 2014

• Sita: Warrior of Mithila (Ram Chandra #2)
  • Wake Up, Life Is Calling
  • Temptation (Bad Angels, #2)
  • Rainbow Crystal
  • AVA
  • Land of the Seven Rivers: A Brief History of India's Geography
  • Accidental Lies (Accidental Love, #2)
  • The Marriage Trap