Start by marking “The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6)” as Want to Read:
The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6)

The Favorite

(The Selection #3.5)

While America Singer's heart was torn between Aspen and Prince Maxon, her friend Marlee knew exactly what she wanted—and paid the price.

Revisit the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series in this digital original novella. Told from Marlee's point of view, this all-new 64-page story returns to the fateful Halloween when Marlee and Ca
Published October 13th 2015 by HarperTeen (first published October 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Favorite, please sign up.

Miranda Reads
Jul 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Favorite?

More like The Money Grab.
Just before the doors closed, he gave me a wink and a crooked smile, and I was left there, grinning like an idiot
Marlee (along with a gaggle of of other girls) is in a pseudo The Bachelor competition for Prince Maxon. That's right. This kingdom picks its new queen by a televised reality TV show.

Marlee is the people's favorite - which carries a lot of weight. And despite being the favorite, Marlee has a pretty big secret - one that even her best friend
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 This shouldn't HURT this much ★'s

Buddy read with my, girl Desireé :)

Wow! This was a really fantastic novella and I must say this is my favorite novella in the series! It was such a wonderful and refreshing read, it was fast-passed and it made me smile :) This is in Marlee's POV and we get a look into Marlee and Carter's relationship, how they first met, how they fell in love and what happe
Elena
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
❝Even though the thing he was strapped to was in the way, he craned his neck so he could see me. I focused on him. I wasn’t alone. We had each other. The pain would last temporarily, but on the other side of it I had Carter forever. My love, forever.❞

Marlee's scene in The Elite was a shocking one but an emotional one. I think I cried, I don't remember exactly. I never knew Marlee would end up falling for someone else other than Maxon. Sure sometimes she was awkward and shy around him and I gue
Jane
When I saw it I was like:

To Kiera Cass I was like:

To the fans:

To Society In General:

description

You know what I felt like happened between the publisher and Kiera Cass?
This:
P: *Sighs* Kiera, another book/novella?
K: Yup.
P: You know I luh de chedda but my conscience is creeping in and i feel like we shouldn't be milking these 9 year old girls of their money anymore.
K:But...they're already calling me the next Cassandra Clare! And heck, she wrote a book bout a voicemail https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Chelsey Ellice
LOVED The Favourite and I love King Maxon even more now. I love how he went out of his way to care for Carter and Marlee and what America and Maxon did for them at the end, so sweet.
Kyla Harris
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun read for Saturday! I love the Selection world and it was fun reading this short story. Way cute, as always.
Yusra  ✨
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
listen I stan one selection couple and that couple is MARLEE AND CARTER

so i’ll be honest, I completely forget most things about the “selection” series but the marlee & carter story is one that I still remember. & I saw this novella and just thought okay, yes, I stan, let’s read.

one thing i’ll like to say before my gushing begins is that THE WRITING. omg. THE WRITING. was this how the entire selection series was written? i hope not. the writing was kinda really bad as compared to a lot o
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Esta historia corta casi me mata de todos los feels que me produjo. Miren, Marlee no era de mis personajes favoritos en The Selection y, a pesar de lo que le sucede llegado cierto punto de la historia, no me importó mucho en su momento.

Sin embargo, leer toda su historia desde sus ojos es una experiencia totalmente diferente. Sobre todo porque no es una historia lineal, sino que va dando saltos del presente/futuro al pasado. Creo que mi problema con Marlee es que no conocí su historia de amor pr
Marla
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Marlee and I liked Carter. I was upset what happened to them in the regular series. I'm glad this gives the view from Marlee's side of things. You get to see a few behind-the-scenes that were not in the regular series. I was glad they could be together but never understood the whipping. I would have just fired him and sent them away. They weren't doing anything in front of the cameras so the general public didn't know.
Elena Salvatore

WARNING: You should NOT read this novella before you read The One.
You will be spoiled for the ending.

Rome
Dec 31, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh, yeah! I can't for this one.

Team Marlee!!! :)

The Favorite is a novella (#2.6) in Kiera Cass's young adult, dystopia series titled The Selection. This short-story was a refreshing addition from Marlee's point of view. The characters in this series are great, but sometimes it's nice to read a new perspective...and see a new love story. If you have read the series then you know that Marlee falls in love with a guard: Carter and when discovered, they are caned as punishment. But Marlee's POV provides insight into a beautiful bond between two p ...more
Trina (Between Chapters)
I read this in the Happily Ever After bind up. By far, this was my favorite novella of the series. I had wondered what exactly led up to that pivotal scene with Marlee and she's also just a great character to read from. I also enjoyed how we saw a few different scenes throughout the series from her viewpoint.
ambsreads
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
It was interesting to see Marlee's perspective of events, add this to the fact she was one of my favourites characters in The Selection and I wasn't mad by this novella at all.
Fizah(Books tales by me)
I don't know why these are even needed just repetition of stories.
Fuzaila
I didn't expect a book from Marlee's pov. It was sweet and refreshing just as I hoped

Even if the romance seemed a bit too unrealistic. Or let's say the book tries too hard to be perfect. Everything is just spot on and right.
I must also say that whoever Kiera Cass writes as, she sounds just like America. Maybe I have got too used to her tone, but Marlee, Eadlyn, Amberlee - their voices just sounded same to me. Furthermore the characterization in this book felt a bit flat.

Well, for a novella, I
Carmen de la Rosa
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡¡¡Me encanto esto!!!

Fue increíble ver cosas de la cabeza de Marlee y cuánto está enamorada de Carter.
¡Maxon es increíble! ¿Cómo podría alguien ser tan bueno?

Era exactamente lo que esperaba que fuera; no solo una repetición de lo que ya se dijo en los otros libros, sino realmente la historia desde otra perspectiva con información que no teníamos.

Además ¡Marlee y Carter son tan lindos!
Ninoska Goris
La Favorita, es la Historia de la Selección mas corta de las que he leído, pero es la que tiene más información adicional. Es la historia de Marlee, la favorita del pueblo en la Selección, pero encontró el amor en otra persona diferente al príncipe y tuvo que pagar por ello. Está ambientada inicialmente en La Elite pero también en La Elegida y mas adelante cuando ya gobierna Maxon.
Carrie
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Favorite is another companion novella to the Selection series. In this installment we get a behind the scenes look at Marlee and Carter's relationship told from Marlee's point of view.

I really enjoy these extra looks into the story as I often feel like the main books left out a lot of background information. This one let's us know how Marlee and Carter met and fell in love and what happens to them after the caning. There were peeks to the events in the main story but adding the extra detail
Katie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was beautiful. I love Marlee so much and I'm so happy that she got her happy ending. Her relationship is so pure and perfect and I loved being able to see different events from her POV.
Yoda
Reading Marlees story was without a doubt my favorite (Hahah, favorite get it?). She is such a lovely character I would love to read more about her! Her story is so sweet and adorable, I loved it!
Cece Baqri
Oct 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ana Encinas
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La favorita, última historia corta de la saga "La Selección" y escrito por Kiera Cass. Con este relato me he quedado con ganas de mucho más. La protagonista no deja de sorprenderme en las pocas páginas que tiene la historia corta. Conocer desde su punto de vista su recorrido en La Selección ha sido una delicia a la hora de leer. Sin lugar a dudas es la favorita tanto para el reino de Illéa como para mi como lectora.
Nicolinia Spurgeon
Shortest Story to make me cry!
Tatiana
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ничего нового из этого рассказа я не узнала, но с другой стороны рассказик милый и сахарный. Я рада за Марли и Картера. Слушала как аудиокнигу. Отличная зачитка.

п.с. Кире Касс срочно нужно браться за что-то другое, я , конечно, понимаю жадных издателей, хотят легкую денюшку срубить, но епить :D ХВАТИТ!
★MC's Corner★
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously?! That’s it?! Ugh!

Unbelievable! This is so… short.
I know it was a short story… but this is so short for a #1 NYT Best Selling Author.

Its like opening it then I just stretched my feet and suddenly I’m done.

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• The stupid me… saw that it was actually part of an anthology, kinda. Happily Ever After.
#KILLMENOW #IKNOWRIGHT?

• As much as I love Aspen I’m just going to give it 4 Stars.
You have to admit the fact that it’s still short…
And there are some unnecessary
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I was really happy to have this short story about Marlee. I always liked her and I was really sad about everything she had to go through because she fell in love. I was happy to read about how it all started and how they tried to do the right thing, but in the end, love won.

It also made me love Maxon even more because we can see that he didn't want them to go through this, but his father was still the King and had more power than him.

This novella is just about how love can be stronger than every
Lisa
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Antes de comenzar con el libro, porque soy así de despiste, me he enterado que se trataba de la historia de Marlee, algo que me ha hecho tremenda ilusión ya que en la serie en los libros se sabe muy poco de ellos.
Me ha gustado por una parte saber algo más, pero por otro se me ha hecho todo muy rápido y corto, por lo que no ha terminado de gustarme. Así que me quedo con unasensación dulce y amarga a la vez pero saciada de ver la historia de la mejoramiga de America.

Nota**: creo que me he tragado
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
The Favorite was my favorite short story of the saga The Selection.
How not to love Maxon? This story once again showed us how wonderful the prince is.
This story is told in the first person by Marlee, we can see how the romance started and his thoughts during all doom and torture that she and Carter were subjected. We can also see why America like her very much.
Andrea Manzanilla
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

¡Que lindos!

La mejor de todas las novellas, me gusto más que La Elite y La Elegida juntos. Me leería un libro completo sobre Marlee y Cárter encantada. Hasta me han caído mejor que América, Maxon y Aspen. Se convirtieron en mis personajes favoritos de toda la serie.

Lo único que lamentó es que fuera tan corto... ¡Me encanto!
  • Other Worlds
  • The House of the Stone (The Lone City, #1.5)
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Surge (The Taking, #0.5)
  • Restoration (Razorland, #2.5)
  • Love Is A Choice (Across the Universe, #0.6)
  • Scenic Route (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #0.3)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • No Intention of Dying (The Internment Chronicles, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)
  • The Sign of the Jaguar (Corpus, #1.5)
  • Legacy Lost (The Syrena Legacy, #0.5)
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
“I’d rather have my last memory be of his death than suffer knowing that his last memory was of mine.” 14 likes
“Only a true friend would try to get someone she cared about to become princess over herself.” 9 likes