Start by marking “One Perfect Summer: Labor of Love and Thrill Ride” as Want to Read:
One Perfect Summer: Labor of Love and Thrill Ride

One Perfect Summer: Labor of Love and Thrill Ride

Perfect for fans of Lauren Barnholdt and Susane Colasanti, this sun-soaked pairing of Rachel Hawthorne's beach reads Labor of Love and Thrill Ride brings a fresh feel to two summer favorites.

In Labor of Love, Dawn joins a volunteer trip to New Orleans, hoping to forget about boys (her cheating ex Drew, in particular) for the summer. But when a fortune teller predicts she'l
Published April 28th 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about One Perfect Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Perfect Summer

Start your review of One Perfect Summer: Labor of Love and Thrill Ride
Josue Lagos
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
RESEÑA PRONTO EN MI CANAL!!!

Lo que mas me gusto de este libro es el sentido realista de las situaciones y sentimientos que emplea la escritora. Ninguna situación es como que muy exagerada, sino que en este libro se siente todo tan real, como si de verdad pudiera pasarle a alguien. El ritmo va a un termino medio, de modo que no te aburres y te da tiempo de familiarizarte con los personajes a medida van saliendo. Muy recomendado.
Mehsi
A pretty decent two in one book. It had good moments and bad moments. I will post a review for each book. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labor of Love (again, I will try to keep my thoughts organized, but I can't promise anything):

I am happy that I read this book, it was fun, it had good moments and also pretty decent characters. Though there was enough that I didn't particularly like.

For instance Brady and Daw
Kyra Brimley
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Super cheesy, super quick and easy read, very predictable, but I still wanted to keep reading. There’s two separate stories, both seemed like they could be the same main character just in the writing and personalities but they were cute enough.
Alejandra
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Perfect. Absolutely cheesy but in the best way! I highly recommend
Kaydee
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book and I can relate to some things in the book. I feel like throughout this book there is at least some part of it that most highschool girls can relate to. I truly think that this book kind of gives out a message saying that if you are sad or heart broken don't go lay in bed crying and all depressed. Go out, do something, have fun, and try getting your mind off of everything. I recommend this book to any teenage girl out there. The only thing I didn't like about this book w ...more
Jacqui Caulfield
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read if you want a cute summer read!!! :)
I really liked both of the stories!
Rachel Drenckhahn
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two very good stories about teen love and finding the right person:)
Rocio Handal
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
I think the story "Labor of love" was a really good story since in such a short story it had a lot of details and the order of the events was really good. Also the story represents many of the things that could happen in during the summer it is a story that many can identify themselves with. "Labor of Love" teaches you a really important lesson which is not everyone is the same and not everyone will hurt you."Thrill Ride" has many similarities with "Labor of Love" they happen during the summer h ...more
Magic Shop
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of summer romances.
Recommended to Magic Shop by: Goodreads.com, public library
This was such a good boo. I love two books in one because your getting double the offer. Plus I also love happy endings and both these had great main characters with guys you want to meet in life, especially in the summer. Both books were cute, sweet, easy to follow, and made you want to go to places. Like New Orleans to build a house or work in a theme park. Amazing book and looking forward to more by this author. Enjoy!!!!
Michelle
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Was a good book overall... Love, cheating, insecurities but a perfect summer at the end...

This book makes me to remember the short stories from English class here in Puerto Rico... Always were a really good stories with some 'fresita' love and a perfect ending.... So if you look for something cute and some romance the book is perfect!!
Ch
Overall, a cute and easy read. Read these two in just one sitting :) RTC
Stefanie
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Labor of Love was the better of the two stories but the two together made a nice collection.
Sam Lefton
This two in one story was very cliche but somewhat endearing. The author used some interesting craft techniques, which made the stories more interesting.
Hannah
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a good book to get my mind into summer
Tsubasa
Hate to say that I was not satisfied. Although these stories were disappointing, I still enjoyed reading them.
Simone
May 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Upside of Falling
  • By a Thread
  • Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds, #1)
  • It Was Always You (Ridgewater High #3)
  • Second Chance Summer
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • The Distance Between Us
  • What Light
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • The QB Bad Boy and Me
  • The Brightest Stars (Karina und Kale, #1)
  • The Summer of '98
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • Stanton Completely (Stanton, #3)
  • Stanton Unconditional (Stanton, #2)
  • Stanton Adore (Stanton, #1)
  • The Beach House (The Kissing Booth, #1.5)
aka Jade Parker and also writes with her son as J.A. London
(also writes romance under Lorraine Heath)

Rachel Hawthorne, who also writes as Lorraine Heath and Jade Parker, is the daughter of a British beauty (her mother won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® during which she received a kiss from Caesar Romero-who played the Joker on the old Batman TV series) and a Texan who w