Start by marking “The Secrets of Attraction” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Attraction

The Secrets of Attraction

Set in the same world as The Promise of Amazing, this smart, surprising, and romantic follow-up to Robin Constantine’s debut novel follows two New Jersey teens as they become friends and fall in love. Perfect for fans of Sarah Mlynowski, Jenny Han, and Morgan Matson.

Madison Pryce thinks she’s got everything figured out—she’s working on a portfolio for a summer art program
Published April 28th 2015 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Attraction, please sign up.
Grace It is a companion book about Maddie, Wren Caswell's best friend so you could say it was a continuation to the Prom. of Amaze. but it is not necessary…moreIt is a companion book about Maddie, Wren Caswell's best friend so you could say it was a continuation to the Prom. of Amaze. but it is not necessary to read.(less)

“Because I had to play it… for you.”

This was a YA contemporary romance about a boy in a band and a girl called Madison.

Jesse seemed to be quite stressed in this story, and you couldn’t really blame him what with the drummer in his band stealing his girlfriend, and then trying to steal the song they had co-written. Never mind that his band was now down a drummer!

“C’mon, Je
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Constantine's debut novel last year and I was hoping that this second edition set in the same world, would be just as much fun as the original and the good news is that, it was. In fact, I liked this even better than the first.

Jesse and Madison where just...I don't know, endearing maybe. I liked them from the get go and even though I didn't always agree with the way Madison treated Zach, I still loved her and understood what she was going through.

The very fact that we still got
nick
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

When I read Robin Constantine's debut novel, The Promise of Amazing, I was absolutely smitten. I was so excited to see that she had another book set in the same world of The Promise of Amazing coming out. The Secrets of Attraction, for me, was an even stronger novel than the author's debut. It just had the perfect blend of humor, romance and cuteness. This is the kind of book I wouldn't mind spending a warm day at the beach with.

I absolutely loved the characters in The Secrets of Attraction. You
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Nov 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: edelweiss-arc
DNF at 70%

The Secrets of Attraction is not as good as I thought it would be. The plot is weak, the romance is cheesy and so is the characterization.
Stacee
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I was a huge fan of Robin's other book, The Promise of Amazing, so I was stupid excited for Secrets. And then I realized it was Madison's story and I may have squealed a little.

I loved Madison's spark. She sure of herself, fierce, loyal and feisty as hell. Getting to be in her head and see what's really going on was fantastic. There's a lot of Madison we didn't see in Promise and while she was a great part in that story, she's definitely main character material.

Jesse...what
Tina
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, owned-print, series, sequel
Guys, can I get a JessE please? Seriously, I fell for him so much harder than I ever fell for Grayson. Maybe its the musician or the hopeless romantic he clearly is but . . . want one. He's what makes this book four stars for me. Our heroine this time, Madison, is harder to love. She isn't as well written here as Wren was, but I wonder if part of my feeling that way is because she is someone who tends to be emotionally closed off -- I don't do well with that type of person. Either way, I loved t ...more
Laurence R.
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't expecting to like this so much! I loved how it's about music and art in general.
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to Balzer + Bray

------------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Dual (Madison & Jesse)
Writing: First Person | Past Tense
Setting: New Jersey
Genre: Young Adult | Realistic Fiction

*Note: It's a companion novel to The Promise of Amazing, but can be read as a standalone
------------------------------------------------------------------

This book is prefect for those who are looking for a light and sweet teenage romance novel.

I really enjoyed reading this
Dahlia
This was really fun and sweet and exactly what I was in the mood for. Love when friends are a huge part of the story, and it was great to see Wren and Grayson return; I would've enjoyed them being there even if I hadn't read The Promise of Amazing. Hoping there's a next book in this world, because I will definitely be picking it up.
Elena
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very,very, bland. It took me forever to read and honestly, was not worth my time. It was cheesy, the characters were annoying and some plot points made no sense. Do not recommend
2/5 stars
cyborgcinderella
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more!

Yeah, no thanks. The Promise of Amazing, also by Constantine, was a contemporary romance that I read when it was released, and I disliked it. When this was released, I decided to give it a chance because I'm the type to give second-chances. I'm a real nice person, right? I know I am, haha. And to be quite honest, I’m a hater, again. THAT WAS THE LAST CHANCE I GAVE. I know that I sadly won’t be purchasing/reading Const
Terri
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is April 28th 2015**

I am going to start this review a little bit different than normal and begin with a topic that has nothing to do with the plot of the story. I want to talk about the book cover. I know, I know....never judge a book by it's cover...and I don't. BUT....if you are going to put pe
Cheyenne Teska
Relationships don't come easily for Madison. She has an attractive boyfriend, but it doesn't go much deeper than making out during study breaks. Madison finds it difficult to let anyone in, and it's not too difficult to understand why with her family history. Jesse is the opposite. He let someone in and got his heart broken in the process. These two lost souls manage to find each other and quickly realize that they're each other's missing puzzle piece.

For the most part, I enjoyed reading about e
Carolina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Didn't realize that this was a sequel of sorts to The Promise of Amazing, but I still REALLY enjoyed it!! (Goes to show you don't need to read book one to enjoy!) Fun background, loved the coffee shop connection, and the characters were interesting. I think I enjoyed Madison's POV more than Jesse's. Overall, I would recommend! I don't know if I'll go back and read the promise of amazing (just realized I was spoiled) but I will read the next companion if one is made about Jazzy!
Nina
May 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Olenko ainoa, jonka mielestä useimpien contemporary-kirjojen kannet ovat todella typeriä? Niissä seilataan aina jossain huulihumpan ja vaakamambon välimaastossa eikä niiden suunnittelija edes yritä mitään erilaista. Sen kuin lätkäistään imuutteleva pariskunta kanteen - SOLD.

No, kannesta huolimatta voisin tämän lukea jos joskus alennuksesta löydän.
Dayla
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yes, yes, massive review session coming up soon...welp.

Happy reading!
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I can't believe I'm gonna DNF again..

description

A proper review to follow!
Jen Malone
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters! Hot band boys- yes please:)
Lisa Maxwell
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books, romance, ya
Loved this! I mean, what's not to like? Strong, artsy girl; sweet and swoony rocker boy; awesome secondary characters. For fans of Jennifer Echols and YA romance.
Miranda
Lindsey
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Solid love story.
Meredith
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored Robin Constantine’s debut novel, The Promise of Amazing. So when Robin approached me about reading/reviewing The Secrets of Attraction, I pounced! The prospect of jumping back into this world was too enticing to pass up; We could delve deeper into the mind/character of Maddie, while still seeing old favorites like Wren, Grayson and Jazz. We also met some amazing new characters. And, as expected, Robin Constantine created a gorgeous plot with epic characters.

I liked Maddie in
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, Edelweiss, for providing this book from Balzer + Bray for review!

Maddie plans to spend her spring semester pulling together a good portfolio for summer architecture programs, amping up her photography spreads for the school yearbook, and practicing yoga with her mother. But when her mom springs some surprising news on her, Maddie can't help but feel a little shaken. Jesse, meanwhile, is attempting to crawl out from a pit of despair and get back in the game with his band, and desperate
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review can be found at The Book Bratz closer to its release date!

**Please note: I recieved an eARC from the publisher via Edelweiss. All thoughts are my own**

I thought this book was so adorable. Why? Because it actually felt real to me. I love realness when I read a romance novel and Robin didn't fail to give me that. The Secrets of Attraction was amazingly written with a few swoon worthy moments, and a whole bunch of romance.

Every week after yoga Madison stops by the coffee shop ne
Christy (TheReaderBee)
The Secrets of Attraction is the first book I’ve read by Robin Constantine. I was originally drawn to this book by its gorgeous cover, but I’m pleased to say that the story is wonderful as well! I’m a sucker for a good contemporary, and this book definitely delivered.

The thing I didn’t realize before starting The Secrets of Attraction was that the book is a companion novel to The Promise of Amazing. I wish I had known this before starting the book, as I always like to read books in order. I was
Aliaa El-Nashar
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-contemporary
I was a huge fan of the first book in this series, The Promise of Amazing, so I was genuinely excited to read this one. I absolutely loved it as well!

Recently I felt like there's a standard way characters react throughout a book when they're suffering from a break up due to their boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on them, especially when it was with their supposed best friend. Admittedly, I feel like the relationship between Jesse and Duncan wasn't explored more than Jesse saying he was his best fr
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks
3.5 stars, but for what it's worth, I did read it all in one night. It took me a while to remember the particulars of the previous book (at the beginning of this companion story, I momentarily got Robin Constantine and Robyn Schneider confused, because they're both Robi/yns and their debut books were similarly titled -- The Promise of Amazing, The Beginning of Everything -- but after getting everything straight, the plot of The Promise of Amazing came back to me).

I liked The Promise of Amazing,
Silvia
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh Robin Constantine is easily becoming one of my favorite fluffy contemporary authors out there. Why is that? Well she manages to create loveable, compelling characters and builds sweet and believable relationships while maintaining cool, adventurous settings with lots of great friendships and romance. Her books kinds make me feel like Jennifer E. Smith’s and Stephanie Perkins’. They’re that sweet!
The Secrets of Attraction is about Wren’s best friend. We learned Wren’s story in The Promise of A
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5/5 stars

The Secrets of Attraction is a Young Adult contemporary romance. It is my first book by author Robin Constantine.

This book is set in the same world as The Promise of Amazing. The Secrets of Attraction can be read as a standalone. But it features characters from the other book (Wren and Gray).

The book alternates chapters between 17 year olds Madison and Jesse.

Madison lives with her mom. She works on the school yearbook. She does yoga. But her main passion is art (architecture/photograp
  • Finding Paris
  • Trouble from the Start
  • Heat of the Moment (Moment of Truth, #1)
  • Every Last Promise
  • The Pretty App (App, #2)
  • Better Than Perfect
  • Proof of Forever
  • After Hours
  • The Cost of All Things
  • A Sense of the Infinite
  • Halfway Perfect
  • Promposal
  • Encore to an Empty Room (Exile, #2)
  • Get Happy
  • The Summer After You and Me
  • The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak
  • The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
  • Truest
Robin Constantine is the author of The Promise of Amazing, The Secrets of Attraction and The Season of You & Me. A born-and-raised Jersey girl, Robin likes to spend her days dreaming up stories where love conquers all, eventually, but not without a lot of peril, angst, and the occasional kissing scene. She loves swoony books, flip-flops, dark chocolate and the full moon.

You can find her onli