Start by marking “The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)

The Duke and the Lady in Red

(Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James #3)

Sparks fly in the finale of the Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James Place series, as the last wicked rogue meets his match.

When Rosalind Sharpe gains the attention of the deliciously wicked Duke of Avendale, she’s torn between her distracting attraction to the notorious rogue and the knowledge that he—rich as Croesus—is the perfect target for a deception that will put her sw
Published April 28th 2015 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Duke and the Lady in Red, please sign up.
Diamond There are apperances of couples from previous books but they do not have major roles in this story ,, so yes you can read it as stand alone

Jen Davis
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I can't remember the last time I cried this much reading a book. It says so much about Lorraine Heath's ability to craft her characters that she made me care for them so much. I expected a light story about about a rich rake, falling for a canny con artist. But what I got was so much more. Rosalind is a swindler, but that is the tip of the iceberg for her character; and it's her backstory and its impact on the present that kept me reading, cover to cover, without putting it down once.

The Duke of
sraxe
I honestly got so tired of hearing about how much of a whore Avendale is. In the beginning, it's stated almost every single time that we go to his POV that he's been with or had many women. We're literally never allowed to forget that he's pretty much the biggest whore in all of the British Empire and has probably slept with at least half the women of England alone.

And that's why it pisses me off that Rose was a virgin. I seriously had such an are-you-fucking-kidding-me moment with that. Why is
Ally
Quick review time. Gotta get back to learning the Google Machine.

Loved this book. As in seriously heart, love, adore, best, f*ck, just go look up awesome in a thesaurus and you'll see what I am talking about.

This book was all of these and then some. It was all trope up my alley. And I was all crying and smiling. And it was ugly crying. Nothing about my cry ever says pretty. Tons of feelers in this one! I think I need to work my way backwards through the series.

feelers
Izy
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating~ 4.75 Stars

ARC was generously provided by the publisher via edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Warning: This review contains spoilers and gifs.

This review is slightly different because this book book made me go through a rollercoaster of emotions which can only be properly expressed through gifs.

It started of very lovely, beautiful with sparks flying and tangible chemistry when our protagonist Rosalind Sharpe and the Duke of Avendale meet. They had witty banter, a great connec
Mo
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Yes, he was handsome. Dark hair and darker eyes. Haunted eyes. He is not a joyful man."

It's a very different sort of web ...

I suppose if one is in dire straits, one will do anything to save family and survive.

He handed her Arabian Nights and she began to read ...

I might take a wee break from the series but I will definitely get back to it.
Ginger
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I've got to round up another 1/2 star because of Harry. 4.5 stars!

When I first started this book, I didn’t know if I would like it. I will say the beginning takes some patience on character development but the book pays off. Stick with it!

This book is divided into two parts with the first on Avendale and Rosalind's introduction and they have amazing chemistry. Rose is a thief and swindler and Avendale is the mark. As the story progresses, we see the reasoning behind why she’s a thief.
Now Avendal
Caz
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B+ at AAR, so that's 4.5 stars

I’ve read and enjoyed the previous books in this trilogy – When the Duke Was Wicked and Once More, My Darling Rogue, finding both to be enjoyable with strongly written central characters and well developed romances. My favourite by a nose is the first, which is a really emotional read that delivered more than one metaphorical punch to the gut and made me tear up several times.

I was surprised when The Duke and the Lady in Red produced a similar emo
Lover of Romance
Summary
When Rosalind Sharpe sees the Duke of Avendale, she knows he will be the perfect target for her next con. However she can’t resist the desire he brings out in her, which she has never felt before. From their first meeting, sparks ignited, and an instant attraction was there, but Avendale is determined to make sure Rosalind stays with him for however long he wants. He knows she is keeping secrets, just like he has secrets he keeps deeply buried, but there is something more to Rose than he
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

I missed the chase between the leads coming together a little bit but the beginning was a deliciously decadent read followed by a later half of a wallop of emotions.
The love, whether it was between our heroine and her brother or the hero, was so powerful and deeply conveyed; it was amazingly rich and personal to read.

He loved her. It was an emotion he’d never thought to experience, and sometimes he wished he didn’t because it brought with it as much pain as it did joy. He hurt when she
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
THIS BOOK WAS JUST AMAZING! Lorraine Heath weaves a beautiful, deeply emotional and moving story that is both heart-breaking and heart-warming.

I love how both Avendale and Rose are such multi-layered characters… far more than they first appear. Avendale seems to be a typical rake, indulging in a life of drinking, women and gambling, caring for nothing except his own personal needs, while Rose is a con-artist fleecing wealthy noblemen. But they each have secrets that have shaped them into the peo
Jess
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

The Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James was a series that I’ve let sit in my TBR pile for months. And months. I stared at books 1 and 2, started to pick them up but always found a reason to just never give page 1 a go. And then I received book 3 in the series, The Duke and the Lady in Red, the blurb sounded really interesting but I always prefer to read a series in order if possible, so finally, I picked up When the Duke Was Wicked. And immedi
Pepa
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Admito que me ha gustado mucho más la primera parte que la segunda. Una vez descubierto el secreto me ha recordado mucho a una famosa película de Hitchcock, que me encanta y no diré para no spoilear demasiado y la historia se vuelve mucho más predecibles
Pero como eso tarda en suceder, se lleva las 4
Yo si hay duque estoy contenta y este no tiene mucho de particular, empieza siendo un libertino estirado y lleno de prejuicios familiares y cae desde lo más alto,quizás por eso me gustan.
Su historia
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Favorite Quote: ” I won’t give up.”

She barely turned when his words froze her on the spot.

“I will have you,” he said, his voice a whispered promise that caused a shiver of foreboding, a quiver of pleasure to ripple through her. “Because you want it as much as I do.”

I received this book unsolicited in the mail, and after a quick glance at goodreads, I saw four of my trusted reviewers (one, two, three, four) had all given it 5-stars, so I knew I had to read this one. This is the first I’ve read of
Beanbag Love
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I had initially given this 4 stars but no review because I needed to think about it. There were several things that bothered me about this book. I've marked it down to 3. It's probably more like 3.5, but we don't get half stars here, so that's that.

The first problem I have with this book is the secret keeping. Heath is far too coy with both leads having a secret. Very annoying. If we knew one of their secrets for the first nearly 50% it would be helpful, but the constant allusions with no reveal
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Reread it and loved it even more! This book is definitely the BEST HR I've ever read!
I thought that because I knew what was going to happen that I would be prepared. I was so wrong! I couldn't stop crying... I was crying through the second half of the book all the time!
I was like that...

... but the story was AMAZING!!!

Sombra
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 estrellas para el mejor libro de esta trilogía. Sin duda alguna Lorraine Heath es una autora que no defrauda, y aunque algunos de sus libros puedan llegar a ser más flojos que otros, lo cierto es que no dejan indiferente.

En este nos muestra la historia de amor de Avendale, un duque libertino hasta la médula y Rosalind, una estafadora que parece que lo único que la importa es el dinero. Pero tanto uno como la otra guardan en sus vidas un secreto que les condiciona a ser como son y que, a medida
Vashti
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it,review soon.
Ana Maria
Linda historia aunque en el tercio final se puso un poco melodramática y repetitiva.
Sería un 3 y medio.
Bastante original la historia de Rose.
Más tópica la de Avendale.
No me gustan las historias de libertinos y mujeriegos en la novela romántica (sí, con esto me quedan fuera el 80% de las novelas). Sinceramente no entiendo la fascinación de querer cambiar a estos tipos que son inmodificables. Debe ser un comportamiento atávico.
Tengo una excepción: cuando la protagonista no es una ingenua damisela
Becca
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
This was a beautiful, poignant story.

The Duke and the Lady in Red is probably one of the most unique romantic pairings that I have seen in a historical romance, but based on what I learned about each leading character, I don't think it could have ended up any other way.

While in most of my reviews, I typically lay out the plot set up, I hesitate to do that with this one. It is better to go in with no expectations or any understanding of what you will encounter.

The beginning is gorgeously seducti
Chrissa Vasileiou
Η άποψή μου για το βιβλίο στο site "Book City": Μια εβδομάδα έρωτα
Brenda Nickle
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rosalind Sharpe, at first glance, is a scam artist, adept in the art of fleecing men of their coin. Unapologetic and possessing a very clear vision of what she does, she meets her match when she tries to relieve the Duke of Avendale of his coins. Caught with her hand in the cookie jar, he offers her an alternative to gaol; one week in his company for a large sum of money.

Avendale is a man with his own secrets, and together, they tear down each others walls and face the ongoing issues in their li
Esther
A romance full of emotion, depth and passion. This is one that will grab your heart and make you "feel" everything they are experiencing.

Loved. Loved. Loved Rose, what an incredible heroine and Avendale, oh dear he's incredible!

This was a well written, engaging and heartfelt romance!!!

Must read for sure!!!!!!
Ash
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up to 4.
Despite the tearjerker element to it I liked the second half of the book far more than the first.
Keri
The story was a pretty typical romance until we got to Harry's story and then darned if I didn't cry like a baby.
Santoloce Francesca
Bellissimo. Storia nuova, con personaggi insoliti e uno in particolare molto delicato.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η σειρά των "Διεφθαρμένων Αριστοκρατών" της Lorraine Heath ολοκληρώνεται με το τρίτο βιβλίο της, το "Μια εβδομάδα έρωτα" που, αν και δεν το περίμενα καθόλου, αποδείχτηκε και το καλύτερο βιβλίο απ' όλα. Διαβάζοντας την περίληψη είχα τη βεβαιότητα πως πρόκειται για μία ακόμα ιστορία παθιασμένου και απρόσμενου έρωτα ανάμεσα σε έναν πλούσιο αριστοκράτη, με αλήτικες προεκτάσεις, και μια τροτέζας που του κλέβει την καρδιά και που εκείνη, ενώ έχει αρχικά ως σκοπό της να τον εκμεταλλευτεί, πέφτει στα πό ...more
Roses R Blue
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rosalind Sharpe is a con artist, and she has just come to town looking for her next mark. She has managed to obtain an invitation to a society event, where she hopes to pass herself off as a respectable widow, waiting for her husband's estate to be settled. When the Duke of Avendale sees Rose enter the room, he's immediately taken by her commanding presence and voluptuous figure. She's not precisely beautiful, he thinks, but striking, and he decides he wants to be her lover. When he approaches h ...more
4 Stars

The Duke and the Lady in Red is the conclusion of the Scandalous Gentleman of St. James trilogy and focuses on the rakish Duke of Avendale. He has been portrayed throughout the series as dark-humored man who thinks only of immediate pleasures and has no desire to ever get married. But, after attending the re-opening of a famous gambling club, he meets the mysterious Rosalind Sharpe and is thrown completely off his game.

This book is clearly divided into two parts with the first focusing on
Susan (susayq ~)
I don't think I've read a book by Lorraine Heath where I didn't sob like a baby while reading it LOL This fit that description as well.

Rose was an amazing heroine! She was strong, smart, cunning, and she loved sooooo deeply. I'm not talking just about her love of the Duke of Avendale. The love she had for her brother killed me! She did so much for him. The depths of her love for him knew no bounds. And just when you didn't think she could do any more for him, you add Avendale to the equation and
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 11, 2015 11:37AM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Duke and the Lady in Red by Lorraine Heath 2 30 Jan 13, 2015 06:52PM
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
  • Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • The Legend of Lyon Redmond (Pennyroyal Green, #11)
  • The Duke of Dark Desires (The Wild Quartet, #4)
  • Four Nights With the Duke (Desperate Duchesses, #8)
  • A Good Rogue Is Hard to Find (The Lords of Worth, #2)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Diary of an Accidental Wallflower (Seduction Diaries, #1)
  • The Luckiest Lady in London (The London Trilogy #1)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess In Hiding, #3)
  • How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days (An American Heiress in London, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin

Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James (4 books)
  • When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)
  • Once More, My Darling Rogue  (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James #2)
  • An Affair with a Notorious Heiress (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4)
“Nature could be both wondrous and cruel, creating immense beauty and then offsetting it with ugliness.” 2 likes