Start by marking “A Place Halfway (SYNSK, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Place Halfway (SYNSK, #3)

A Place Halfway

(SYNSK #3)

A struggling psychic girl steps out into the big, wide world amidst the murky depths of racial segregation in England, 1961.

As a teenage psychic, Josephine Fontaine knows what it’s like to be different. At Peregrine Place, a school full of youngsters with gifts just like hers, sixteen-year-old Josie is growing tired of her life and looking for excitement beyond the grand m
Paperback
Published October 24th 2014 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Place Halfway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Place Halfway

Dianne
Josie has always been different, a psychic teen caught between childhood and adulthood in an era of racial tensions and segregation. For Josie, coming of age is a harsh lesson taught too quickly.

Among students with gifts like hers at Peregrine Place is great, but sometimes a teen just needs ‘more,’ a place to spread one’s wings and to be part of the outside world. Little did Josie know that first flight could bring so much joy, confusion and pain, as she struggles to face it all head on in a wor
Kristy Hamilton
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got lucky enough to receive an ARC from the author, K.C. Finn for an honest review
The whole SYNSK series has just been amazing from book one, The Mind's Eye. Leighton's Summer continued five years later from The Mind's Eye, after World War II. A Place Halfway jumps to 1961.
Josie is 16 years and physic. She has powers that she inherited from her father that was unknown to her. She decides that she wants to get a job at a new place opening up in town close to the boarding school that was started
Brittany
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought than no book in this series could compete with book 1. I was right with book 2 but boy did this book make its mark!! The pace kept fast; the suspense continued and the words just jumped out of the page.

I especially enjoyed the jump in time so that we were following the kids of our previous favourite characters! Visiting how their lives were years later was interesting and the relationships between them all still keep you with a constant smirk on your face, especially when the relations
Melanie
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Place Halfway is the third installment in the very unusual SYSNSK series. In theory these are supposed to be able to work as "stand alone" reads and with the gap in years you could probably get a lot out of it reading it by itself but my advice would be to start at the beginning with the Mind's Eye (especially as that is a free read and I guarantee you will want to read more!

Book 3 has more of a feel to me that book 1 had and I loved it! I was immediately sucked back in time and I LOVED the co
Wendy Bonzo
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Josie is a teenager with special "half-way" powers. This is a good continuation of The Mind's Eye and Leighton's Summer, bringing all the characters back. It ended kind of abruptly, I would have liked it go go on a little longer and tie the relationship with Josie's mother and father up a little more.
Marla
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Josie's story was awesome. A unique story for a unique girl. :) I love the music atmosphere Josie's story was wrapped in and I love how K.C. Finn in each fiction story of the SYNSK series introduces us to a serious aspect in life along with the psychic abilities of her characters and the adventure they are in.
In "The Mind's Eye" her main character is fighting with a sickness that has her cripple on a wheelchair and a way to walk again.
In "Leighton's Summer" through her secondaries characters w
Mz. Diana Gagliardi
Fine. They were great, whatever.

I REALLY didn't expect to like these books. I totally liked these books.

This one was interesting- race in England and the reactions of those from WW2 to white supremacists and the issues of interracial dating...just well done!

All three focus on two things without really pounding you in the head with it- when bad things happen, are you the type who runs or the type who stands up for what's right? and family. Family in all and many forms, including the one you make
Kelly Risser
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! My favorite in the Synsk series so far, and that is saying a lot, because I really loved the first two books. Josie is such a wonderful heroine. She's brave, smart, and loving. She fiercely protects those around her, and she sees the world in a way that I wish more people did. Jake and Noah are so likeable. I was rooting for those boys almost from the moment I met them.

I love how Ms. Finn continues to bring in the characters from the earlier books. It's great to see where they are now, and
Jessica Haggard-maxon
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love the way this book was written and the issues it dealt with! Kim Finn did it again! Great book with great characters continuing in the series! Perfect story for any age! I absolutely can't get enough of this series!
Ellie
Aug 28, 2016
Lyla
Dec 27, 2015
Tammy Hall
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2016
Oct 25, 2015
Scot
Jul 04, 2015
K.C. Finn
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Noelle
Nov 07, 2017
Carol Brook
Jun 28, 2018
A. Powers
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!!! Even better than the other two!
Marilyn Harch
May 06, 2016
Khiearah Walter
Dec 10, 2014
mrs. j white
Jan 07, 2018

• Impossible (Piercing the Veil, #3)
  • Virtual Immortality
  • Captive Wolf (Love Slaves of the Alphas #5)
  • A Reaper Made
  • Black Onyx (A Superhero Thriller)
  • Subject 19
  • I Was a Teenage Weredeer (Bright Falls Mysteries, #1)
  • Jade's Descent (Delacourt Saga, #2)
  • Stilts
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Old Farmer's Road
  • Birth of the Vampire (The Vanderlind Realm Book 1)
  • Revelations (Wolfman #2)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Ceruleans, #2)
  • Carried Away (The Tempus Fugitives Trilogy, #2)
  • The Doctor
  • Monsters
K. C. Finn was born and raised in Cardiff, South Wales, where her love for storytelling grew at a precociously young age. After developing the medical condition M.E. / C.F.S., Kim turned to writing to escape the pressures of disabled living, only to become hooked on the incredible world of publishing.

As an author for Clean Teen Publishing and Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Press, Kim spends

SYNSK (4 books)
  • The Mind's Eye (SYNSK, #1)
  • Leighton's Summer (SYNSK, #2)
  • The Poison Sky