Start by marking “Fear's Touch (Darkworld, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Fear's Touch (Darkworld, #0.5)

Fear's Touch

(Darkworld 0.5)

This is a standalone novella, intended as a prequel to the Darkworld series. As it takes place one year before the events of Darkness Watching, it doesn't contain any spoilers (although it does hint at things which will come into play later in the series).

When university student Claudia's life takes a turn for the weird, she finds her new social life revolves around fighti
Published 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Fear's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear's Touch

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
So I'm having this reading slump and my friend Figgy mentioned today that I should read some short books or graphic novels and I thought... well I'm going to go over and look at some novella's etc on kindle unlimited and I found this little gem :-)

The book had me at:

I saw my first demon at a Halloween party.

luvrumcake{block:Post <a href=

">

Claudia is at this Halloween party and after the power goes off some yahoo thinks it's a great idea to get out the Ouija board! Yeah! Right?

I forgot to mention Claudia is a sorceress.
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Intended as a prequel set before the events of the first book in the series, Darkness Watching, I decided to read this one first. However, even though it doesn't spoil the first book, in hindsight I'd recommend reading the first book before this one, since everything will make more sense that way.

It was kind of a short novella focussing on Claudia, the year before the real story starts. Basically it bottles down to her experiencing a lo
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What I Thought:

I absolutely loved this little novella! It gives a great insight into the fresher year of Claudia and Berenice. We also learn about the beginning of of the group Cyrus started.

As Claudia starts to see the Darkworld, she goes from well-liked to headaches. Within one evening, she has dropped off the social ladder and even lost her best friend. Previously, she wasn't that interested in uni, and well...she still isn't, but she has to get away from her first demon sighting. She aims f
Lola
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I got both this one and the second book in the series for review, so I decided to start this one first to get back into the world of the Darkworld. It's been awhile since I read the first book, so I really liked getting back into the series with this novella. I couldn't really remember Claudia and which exact role she had in the first book, but that didn't matter and this book was easy to follow and understand and as the book progressed I remembe
Magda Żmijan
Check this and other reviews at: https://maginibooks.wordpress.com/

Eh, prequels. How is it that some of them are so good! Let’s take this one – if I haven’t intended reading the other books in series before I’d surely want to read them now.

This story was written after the first books in series came out. It shows us how Claudia learned about her powers, the Darkworld, the Venantium and how she joined Blackstone college. And I even liked the opening line: "I saw my first demon on a Halloween party
MaykenAlanna
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FEAR'S TOUCH is part of the DARKWORLD series that exposes the back story of a secondary character the reader meets in DARKNESS WATCHING, the first book of the series. I'd really liked this character, Claudia, in the first book, and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her better in this novella which takes place not long before the main story of book 1 starts.
I recommend FEAR'S TOUCH to anyone who enjoyed DARKNESS WATCHING, but it definitely should be read after book 1. You don't want it to spoil
Diane
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a complimentary copy to read and review. Great read for anyone new to the Darkworld series. I couldn’t put it down. Love the characters and the world Emma has created. Although short it gives a great introduction to the series. Readers who love YA urban fantasy will want to add the series to their TBR list. I look forward to reading more of Emma’s books.
old account (rl)
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't tend to read a lot of prequels, despite my love for them. One of my favourite things in reading is falling in love with a story and a set of characters, and then being able to pick up their prequel and being able to backtrack their journey to see how their progress how they've changed. Reflecting on their development and their progress always gives the story an extra sense of depth. It usually makes the reader (or at least me) fall in even more in love with the characters and story.

Fear'
Alex Latham
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 67 complete.
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I'd give this novella 3.5 stars. Although I found the plot fairly intriguing, I did think that too much of the story's events were summarised at the beginning of the story. It would have been nice to see more of Claudia's interactions with her parents and some of her learning about her abilities.

I did find Berenicia to be an intriguing character, even though I couldn't understand why she was so host
Nay Denise
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
I received a copy for review from the publishing company.

Wow this was an awesome novella to the Darkworld series. I mean I really enjoyed the ten chapters I read in about 100 pages. For a novella, this was a very in depth and detailed story about Claudia's life as a new magic-user. I absolutely loved Claudia because even though she wanted no part in the magic world, she dealt with it to the best of her abilities. Claudia is definitely the kickass kind of character to beat down doors and save tho
Matthew Pagnam
jenna
Night Goddess
Sara Sebren
Oct 03, 2015
I'm Emma, a NYT & USA Today bestselling author, book-hoarder, gamer, and restless dreamer. I write dark fantasy novels, including the Changeling Chronicles, the Legacy of Flames series and the Thief's Talisman trilogy.

*Note: I am not a professional reviewer and I use Goodreads only to record my reading progress. Please don't send me unsolicited review requests.*

Darkworld (5 books)
  • Darkness Watching (Darkworld, #1)
  • Walking Shadow (Darkworld, #2)
  • Demon Heart (Darkworld, #3)
  • Souls Forsaken (Darkworld, #4)
  • Darkness Falling (Darkworld, #5)