Start by marking “The Night Our Parents Went Out” as Want to Read:
The Night Our Parents Went Out

The Night Our Parents Went Out

Loaded with humor and heart, The Night Our Parents Went Out is the only picture book on the market to reassure kids that their parents can handle a date night. In this book, two children brew up increasingly wild adventures that befall mom and dad in an evening. From runaway hot air balloons to vampire movie ushers, the kids reveal that when they are nervous, their imagina ...more
Published November 5th 2015 by POW! (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Our Parents Went Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Our Parents Went Out

The Brothers
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: babysitting, parents
A pair of children speculate wildly about all the dangerous and strange things their parents are doing on their "night out." Their long-suffering babysitter comes up with a variety of clever escapes and deed of derring-do that keep their parents safe and out of trouble. After all, nothing so outlandish could really happen to them.... or could it?

Illustrations are so fun.
Garrett
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd like to add this to my storytime shelf, but honestly it doesn't make for a great storytime. Maybe a one-on-one storytime, but not for a crowd.

It was a delightful book with amazing illustrations. Very funny, charming, easily readable.
Emyrose8
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
These kids have very active imaginations. And the babysitter stays right along with them! Surprise twist at the end.
A. Hunt
Feb 11, 2016 added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to A. by: Shelf Awareness
OMGoodness- if this book isn't about the cutest children's story ever written! I took a chance on winning it in two different book drawings and I happily got this one. Had I won both, I'd have given it to my Ewoks... too bad for the woks! LOL I'm keeping this baby! I'll read it to them though.

So first, the book cover is totally amazing! The illustrations, by Cat Tuong Bui, are so bright, colorful and nostalgic- I can't help but love it! They make me think of cartoons from the 60's and 70's- the
Mark Austin
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Skye Kilaen
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Evil unicorns. Ostriches guarding a top secret lab. Vampires at the movie theater. Parents going on a date could be a disaster!!! I was not expecting such a wild and fun book. Goodman and Kisiel bring their strongest comedy game here, with a strong improv vibe. This is a perfect example of creating an engaging and entertaining story while also addressing a Very Important Topic, this one about anxiety when your parents leave you with a babysitter. Bui draws cute kids, cute hipster parents, and a ...more
Julia
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. As seen in the title, the kids' parents go out on a date and their babysitter has to explain all the anxieties that the children have about the trouble that their parents could possibly get into while they're out on their date. Could these highly imaginative children be right in their predictions? Read the book with your preschooler and find out!
Alyssa Tabor
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
PLEASE GO READ THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. Full of imagination and charm, this is sure to have kids begging to read it over and over again and to inspire silly stories of what parents are doing while the kids are with their babysitters.
Megan
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is by far the BEST children's book I have read to my daughter. she loved it, I loved it. the illustration is amazing, the conversations/plot is awesome. we tried to look up more books by them actually, sadly there are none. can't wait for them to write more!!
Cmeiss330
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book, loved the illustrations. The story is very imaginative.
Caitlin Rogers
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yes! I really like the conversations in this book.
Heather
Mary
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pure fun.
« previous 1 3 next »
Katie Goodman is an award-winning comedian, author and speaker. She has been seen on Showtime, Current TV, and TruTV, has toured internationally for over 12 years, and her comedy show is currently running Off-Broadway. Her comedy has amassed over 3 million views online. Katie holds a philosophy degree form the University of Pennsylvania. As a keynote speaker and trainer, Katie has taught over 10,0 ...more