Start by marking “First Debt (Indebted, #2)” as Want to Read:
First Debt (Indebted, #2)

First Debt (Indebted #2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,594 Ratings  ·  1,095 Reviews
“You say I’ll never own you. If I win—you willingly give me that right. You sign not only the debt agreement, but another—one that makes me your master until your last breath is taken. You do that, and I’ll give you this.”

Nila Weaver’s family is indebted. Stolen, taken, and bound not by monsters but by an agreement written over six hundred years ago, she has no way out.

She
Published November 12th 2014 by CreateSpace

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo WintersDebtinheritance2TitlebySueBee_zps597c5d92.jpg
 photo Ind2teaserxBbysb_zps28c4712a.gif
 photo fd2 story xB by sb_zps5g5i69yp.gif
1/2! First Debt, book 2 of 7. A dark & sexual tale of Jethro’s quest to collect a centuries old debt from Nila when lust gets in the way!

“This single-minded lust between us was sacred.”

Books in Indebted Serial should be read in order:
Book 1: Debt Inheritance
Book 2: First Debt
Book 3: Second Debt
Book 4: Third Debt
Book 5: Fourth Debt
Book 6: Final Debt
Book 7: Indebted Epilogue

Debt Inheritance (book 1), is the opening of a very dark modern day tale. Fashion designer Nila Weaver, Threads
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo c163d514-d56b-4ccc-bb4d-b22efc63cbbf_zps3f51cdae.jpg

Pepper Winters is one of my favorite authors of the dark and twisted genre, and she didn’t disappoint when it came to First Debt. She took a seriously messed up book with a crazy and intense ‘hero’ (and I use that term very loosely) that was kick ass on it’s own, and wrote a second book I loved even more than the first. Jethro Hawk is not anyones hero. He’s a villain. The bad guy in the story. But maybe… just maybe he’s not quite as bad as I originally thought.

photo a335f4f0-e6df-4568-b00f-8369ae51c140_zpsc18241fe.jpg

Nila was told to run.
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4-4,5 "x answers, 10x more questions" STARS **

“You’re a f*cking nightmare.”

“Kiss me.”

“You’re ruining my life.”

“Kiss me, Jethro. Kiss me.”

I'm so glad I'm one of the people that actually believed in Pepper Winters and her incredible writing skills enough not to give up on this series after reading Debt Inheritance and finding in it one of the most vile, nonredeemable, cruel, hardhearted male MCs EVER.

Even if you hated Book#1, even if you gave it only 1 star, I think you should give it ano
Kat Stark
May 02, 2016 Kat Stark rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, dark, reviewed

First Book: Debt Inheritance

Third Book: Second Debt
Fourth Book: Third Debt
Fifth Book: Fourth Debt
Six Book: Final Debt

Oh. Em. Gee. That was fantastic. I have no idea what to do with myself other than read book three right away. Those stupid cliffs throw you man, I can’t imagine waiting for each installment.

There may be character inconsistencies and a few annoyances I had with the story, but Winters wove the plot in a way that deemed all the flaws appropriate to make Nila and Jethro more dyna
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 It Just Keeps Getting Better Stars

The only way I had a chance at surviving long enough to reap vengeance on the men who ruined my ancestors was to fight his ice with fire.
I had to burn.
I had to blaze.
I had to cinder his beliefs and control to the ground. And smear his soul with the ashes of his sins.

If you've read the first book and found yourself unsure about where this series is going, READ THIS BOOK. First Debt just goes to further prove the genius that is the evil mind of Pepper Winte
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Now live on Amazon!

4.5 stars!!

description

I was one of the readers who finished book 1 feeling shocked and a little angry with the (anti) hero Jethro Hawk. Though I never doubted that the author could redeem him in our eyes, there was a lot of work needed to be done before I could even forgive him, let alone like him. With this second book, the author has answered old questions, presented new ones, but most importantly, given us a reason to warm up to Jethro and both sympathize and admire Nila for her resil
~ Becs ~
5 Indebted Stars

photo FIRSTDEBTQUOTEY_zps02164e3a.jpg

Wow – what a ride! After the shock and awe of the first book, Debt Inheritance, the second book in this darkly mysterious series really gets the story flowing. In book one we were very much under starter’s orders with plenty of world building and the scene being set – now in Second Debt we’re rapidly galloping down the straight with plenty of hurdles to leap along the way.

He stepped from the sun’s glare, his teeth sparkling like diamonds. “Now…run.”

I ran.

This is how we ended
Jasmine
4.5 HAWK STARS!

Buddy Read with my awesome bestie Penelope!

"This wasn't about the chase. We all knew who would win. It was about defiance."

After being let down by my previous highly anticipated read, naturally I was wary about picking up another sequel by one of my favorite authors. And thank heavens Pepper Winters did not disappoint at all. After Book 1 that left many readers in shock with Jethro's downright stone-cold demeanour, this one definitely shine a whole new light on him and will h
Arianna
Nov 16, 2014 Arianna rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

description

“This was the ultimate test. The Debt Inheritance was more than history and payments — it was an important sequence of events that every firstborn Hawk had to complete in order to inherit his legacy.”

description

“First Debt” is the second installment in the “Indebted” series by Pepper Winters.

Even if I still think the premise is partially plausible, I enjoyed this book, even more than the first one. Plausible or not, it's an interesting and unique premise.

“First Debt” is not as sick disturbing
Khadidja
Mar 21, 2016 Khadidja rated it it was amazing
5 "just kiss me" stars !!

it's time for payment . today is your first debt , Ms weaver . The debt inheritance has begun

i'm so in love with Jethro hawk don't get me wrong i still think he is an asshole but I am liking him more and more as the series moves along, I totally empathise with him and love seeing his genuine side sneak through when Nila is teasing him :D , but i feel like his soft side is going to be his undoing , i feel like his brother Kestrel is playing him and he should not be trus
Sandy ღCoffeeAddictBooksღ
Nila weaver the Darling of Milan, doted daughter, sister and seamstress is now held prisoner in the house of hawks to pay the debts, an unavoidable curse laid upon the Weavers for the mistakes done by her forefathers. Now since she’s introduced to Debt inheritance and the cruel way in which the debts were extracted, she is determined to be the last weaver to suffer at the hands of hawks and the only way to attain that is to capture a Hawk.

description

Jethro Hawk has never let his guard down, he has done eve
Mariℓina
Oct 03, 2014 Mariℓina marked it as to-read

The next morning I was showered, dressed in a black maxi dress with a sequined orchid on the chest, and purple ballet slippers, before the sun was properly awake.

I sat prim and ready on the end of my neatly made bed.

Waiting.

He didn’t disappoint.

At precisely seven a.m., my door swung open revealing my nemesis dressed in black jeans and grey t-shirt. Seriously, didn’t he own any other colours?

He stopped short, frowning at my demure obedience.

I waved. “Morning, master, is it time for my walk? I’ve
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 bat-shit crazy STARS

“I’d been taught to be the master of my emotions. I prided myself on embracing all that he taught me. One little Weaver bitch would not undermine me. This was the way of our world.
My world.
Her world.
No matter how she bewitched me, no matter how she turned my body and willpower against me, I wouldn’t give in.
She’d learn that soon enough.”

Yeah. Good luck with that one stud. You're a glutton for punishment if you actually think Ms. Winters doesn't have other plans for you.
Jamie
Feb 04, 2016 Jamie rated it it was amazing
2/4/16 Gahhhh!! I forgot how awesome this was!!!! Headed right into book 3!

2/3/16 Doing a quick re-read of this one so I can finish the series since all are out now. I don't remember a whole lot of what happened in this one so I need a refresher!

Soooooooooooooooooooooo good.. so so good. Was going to move right on to book 3.. but I think I am to wait until maybe book 4 and 5 are out..or at least until 4 is out.
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

4.25 STARS

'This woman had the power to ruin me. That would never be permitted. I had to ruin her first.'

This series!! It has me completely hooked. If you have read the previous book, you know it ends with a cliffhanger. Nila has the chance to escape if she can run to edge of the property before she is caught. If she doesn't make it, Jethro will own her completely and Nila mustn't complain. To the surprise of Jethro, she actually runs. He is intrigued by her determination and her fight. No ma
Jen
4.5 Stars

Well, this second instalment grabbed a hold of my attention and didn't let go! The secrets are growing and my confusion is becoming more and more complete! I now need the answers,and like any great mind f@*k of a book, it is not giving them immediately;but at a slow pace to keep my enthrallment alive! I adore books like this, and even better my patience of waiting for most of the series to be done is paying off! There are sluggishness at the end of each story, and I love the fact that I
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 Indebted Stars!

photo BCF74F12-083E-46EB-AE69-A03D722DC674_zpsxxcpswhz.jpg

Well, I'm happy to say I like Jethro much better in this book. I was a bit apprehensive going into it as he wasn't an anti-hero I particularly liked (and yes, I like many anti-heroes).

The following contains spoilers for the ending of book one-

This book picks up right where the last left off. Nila is within the clutches of the Hawk family, Jethro specifically being her captor. She continues to fight for her way out of this nightmare. After a confrontation on the property, Je
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝
"Then it's time for payment. Today is your First Debt, Ms. Weaver. The Debt Inheritance has begun."

Fist Debt was simply wicked and brilliant. You will be mesmerising with Pepper Winters's writing again. She does it - keeps you captivated with Jethro and Nila. The more I read, the more Jethro has my heart.

"SPELLBINDING, ACE, UTTERLY FABULOUS AND FASCINATING STORY"

In one word, Pepper Winters is a genius!

What is the story about? The story continues from Debt Inheritance..... RUN!!! What's hap
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj Harvey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...

Where the hell do I start with this review? With the plot? With him? With her? With them? With Pepper's fantastic writing? Honestly, my head is spinning, my emotions are all over the place. This book has quite literally left me gob smacked, speechless, dumb founded... what in God's name do I do now? I feel lost... quite literally lost and I cannot believe this author chose to end th
Jenn
Aug 18, 2014 Jenn marked it as to-read
Please don't take forever to publish book 2.
Salvatore
Dec 20, 2015 Salvatore rated it it was amazing
4.5 omfg stars

I have to admit that I was debating between 4-5 stars, so this will take 4.5 stars from me. It certainly was a better installment to the first book, 'Debt Inheritance'.

I enjoyed the First Debt way more than the first one. I remember being frustrated after reading Debt Inheritance. I remember how much I loathed Jethro. I remember being even a fan of Kestrel and I was shipping him with Nila.

Well, guess what?

And boy, did the MCs in this book changed! Whoah! I couldn't believe
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 11, 2016 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it it was amazing
Update: This series will be an audio books soon and here's the amazing kiss scene from the book... :)

Ps. If you haven't read this series yet pls do not listen this teaser. It may contains spoiler for you and again if you haven't read this series YET you should start to read them asap! Cause they're all are amazing... :)

Ps. I listened this teaser 5 times and I just can't get enough. This is so fucking hoooot!!!:-D

---------------------

Oh my sweet God!!!
Elizabeth
"Empathy and softness weren’t permitted. They were the root of all evil for a person like me."

description

First Debt is the second book in the Indebted series. All I can say is Pepper Winters has one fantastic imagination. From the first book we have learned that Nila has been taken captive by the Hawk family. She is now the property of Jethro Hawk. The first book was full of horrors as Nila is just trying to come to terms with the situation she has been forced into! Jethro gives her the chance to run but
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 10, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via TSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

pizap com14156721406011

What in the world goes on in the mind of Pepper Winters? This lady seriously is crafty in upping the stakes in this sensual yet gritty, twisted, and controversial trilogy!

I swear, at the ending of book one, I was hyperventilating for Nila when Jethro presented the opportunity for her to get away. The questions it left in its wake were- will Nila do it? Is Jethro for real or just messing/or toying with her? And what is
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
** Buddy Read with my ever amazing bestie Jasmine! (Click for her review)**

FOUR TO FOUR AND A HALF STARS!

After reading Debt Inheritance and having not really enjoyed it, I wasn't really planning on continuing with this series. But then Feifei wrote a devious review that grabbed my attention and wouldn't let me go, and the next thing I knew, $3.99 was missing from my account and I was waiting anxiously for my bestie to get home from work so we could start this one. And boy, am I glad that I took
Helena❤️Loveable,Sassy,Nerdy & ⚜book⚜  Addict
Look at all these TEASERS!! How are you supposed to concentrated on work? Everyday life? ugh...

O.M.G I'm so excited!!! Eeeek... I cannot wait, I cannot wait!!!

***First Teaser***

F**k.
F**k her. F**k me. F**k everything.
For the first time in my life, I felt the stirring
inside my frozen heart.
I didn’t feel gratefulness, humaneness, or
tenderness.
I stared into the eyes of a worthy opponent.
I stared at Nila Weaver with awe.

OMG that was so good and exhausting all at once. My brain and heart n
Karen
Jan 28, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Ok… I am completely lost in this series. Sucked into the vortex of mind-fuckery. I will not rest until I get to the other side. I am not going to elaborate or give you any insight into the story. For that would be unfair to you. You must venture into the darkness alone and unprepared in order to fully experience it’s intrigue.

Fuck her. Fuck me. Fuck everything.
For the first time in my life, I felt a stirring inside my frozen-over heart.
Not gratefulness or humaneness or tenderness.
I
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
**4.5 Stars!**
Review to come...I need a minute!

*******************
Book one was crazy, may God be with me on this one.
Kirsten
4.5 I heart Jethro stars!

photo imagejpg1_zps86eda940.jpg

Whew!
Mind, is blown. Heart, is still beating fast. Head, is confused. Body, is still on fire. That was intense!

At the end of book 1, we were left in anticipation of Nila running for her freedom. The poor girl is starved, tired, naked, and suffers from vertigo. Not to mention the horrendous luncheon she had just attended. Her head and body are in the worst predicament to run for her life. Yet still she tries.

photo imagejpg2_zps6aefc44d.jpg

From here on out, there is a battle of wits between the t
~ Stéphanie ~
FULL REVIEW POSTED

The story picks up right there where it first stopped. Jethro chases Nila and he is obviously not ready to let her go.

From the beginning, I found Jethro changed , less dark than in the first one. I think that the criticism that was made to Pepper Winters for Debt Inheritance is to have made a book where the man was very dark, almost inaccessible. I personally remember that I found that Jethro was more destabilized by a woman who he doesn't know and who doesn't know how to deal
{BR} Jasmine & Penelope ~ 14/11/2014 40 72 Nov 27, 2014 07:47AM
Jezabell Girl & F...: First Debt by Pepper Winters 1 13 Nov 20, 2014 07:22AM
Jezabell Girl & F...: First Debt by Pepper Winters 1 1 Nov 20, 2014 01:28AM
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Uncovering You 3: Resistance (Uncovering You, #3)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Fracture (Blood & Roses, #2)
  • Entwined (The Life of Anna, #2)
  • Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda, #2)
  • Her Master's Teacher (Masters, #2)
  • Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2)
  • Debt
  • Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1)
  • Separation (The Kane Trilogy #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Underestimated Too (Underestimated, #2)
7151973
Pepper Winters is a NYT and USA Today International Bestseller. She wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts
More about Pepper Winters...

Indebted (6 books)
  • Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1)
  • Second Debt (Indebted, #3)
  • Third Debt (Indebted, #4)
  • Fourth Debt (Indebted, #5)
  • Final Debt (Indebted, #6)

“Kiss me"
“You’re a fucking nightmare.”
“Kiss me.”
“You’re ruining my life.”
“Kiss me, Jethro. Kiss me.”
31 likes
“You’ve destroyed me, Nila. And now it’s my job to make sure they don’t destroy you, too.” 22 likes