Start by marking “Keeping Claudia (Toby & Claudia Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Claudia (Toby & Claudia Book 2)

Keeping Claudia

(Save Me #2)

"There’s no lack of chemistry between the two [Toby and Claudia], particularly in the book’s steamiest scenes. However, it’s the evolution of their relationship that forms the heart of this installment.
A sweet, lively, and relatable romance about growing into a grown-up relationship."
~ Kirkus Reviews

How do you love someone whose past goes against everything you’ve ever k
Published (first published June 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Claudia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Claudia

Start your review of Keeping Claudia (Toby & Claudia Book 2)
Hanne
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I immediately started this novel after finishing Saving Toby. I’m happy that I gave Keeping Claudia a chance, because I liked this one so much more than Saving Toby. It’s emotional, beautiful and raw. There was no cliffhanger at the end of Saving Toby and this book gave me a look into Claudia and Toby’s future. I do wonder if a novella would have been better, because how much can happen to one couple? It was less than in the previous book and I was happy about that.

Claudia is the same woman as s
Cassie C
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Review to come!

Update 6/10/17:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

I have waited so so long for this follow up to Saving Toby, and it was well worth the wait!! I loved every single second of this book, and it was absolutely wonderful to read about Claudia and Toby once again. I greatly enjoyed the first book in this series and was a little worried that the sequel wouldn't live up to its predecessor. However, I had nothing to worry about because Suzanne McKenna Link takes us on a wonde
Cyndi Becker
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2017
Like the other readers who started on Claudia and Toby's journey some 3 years ago, I have been anticipating the return to their story. All these years later and I still count Saving Toby one of the best (and certainly a favorite ) YA books that I've read. So, was this all that I hoped for? My answer - a resounding YES!! It's all that and much, much more.

The story picks up with Claudia's college graduation and the question of where she might decide to complete her graduate degree. If she stays i
Ash P Reads
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I fell a teeny tiny bit in love with Toby in “Saving Toby”. But in “Keeping Claudia” I’m head over heels. This man has rearranged his life, his psyche to be a better man. To be the man that Claudia needs and deserves. But love takes work and with Claudia and Toby, it is double the effort.

So it is inevitable that things start falling apart when the going gets tough. The past looms like a specter over their happiness and the present just put a big fat question mark on their future. Everything the
Suzanne
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amazon reviewers say: "…a love story a reader can’t forget" and "Keep your tissues close…"

description

FIND IT ON AMAZON
Esther Haddie's Haven
Thank you to the New Adult Book Club for the chance to read this book. I am super sorry it took me so long.

'Keeping Claudia' follows 'Saving Toby'. Claudia has grown and is stronger than she was in the previous book, though she is unchanged. Toby, sweet Toby. The struggle. His relationship is still fairly new with Claudia, but how he feels about her is loud and clear. Everything that happens, which does try to pull them apart. It all nearly shattered my heart. But I loved every moment of it. I f
Sukey  the Book Hoarder
You ever have that feeling when you read a book that it has somehow changed you, and you put it down, and you have to sit a while with your thoughts?

That's how I feel about Keeping Claudia.

It started out slowly, but gave me time to relearn the characters from the first book, Saving Toby. At first impression, I thought the characters and story line a bit cliché, but a quarter of the way in, the story evolves and becomes emotionally heavier, and the cliché fell away. It felt very much like readin
Veronica Mostel
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I have waited a long time for this book. It had everything. Laughter,loss,and love. They had growing up to do. They were different. But he loved her forever. Their paths always brought them together. They were different but perfect for each other. What a great book
Nicole Ortiz
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of Toby and Claudia I haven't read the first one yet and was worried I would be Lost but that was not the case. But I will be reading the first book so I could read were it all began. Although it was a little slow to start it was enjoyable.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Brigitte
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc, contemporary, na, romance
Even though I haven't read the first book, Keeping Claudia got a hold of me and didn't let go right until the end. Some of the recollections helped to get an idea of what happened before and now that I have read this, I will quite likely read Saving Toby.

Toby has grown up in an undesirable household. He is still mourning the loss of his dear one, but life goes on. He has a job and plays in a band.

Claudia is from a complete opposite background to Toby. She is disciplined and focused on where she
Elizabeth Basala
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and it's just as good as the first! Claudia and Toby's relationship is still tumultuous and life throws them some unexpected curve balls, but it's a very satisfying journey to take with them to see whether their love will stand the tests of time and trials. ...more
Tiana
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I hate to say it, but Keeping Claudia was disappointing for me. I waited almost four years to be able to read it, and part of me feels like it really wasn’t worth it. My Saving Toby review was one of the longest I’ve written on Goodreads, as it has been one of the better books I’ve read. And it continues to be. I think from the very ending of Saving Toby, I had high expectations for its sequel.

Keeping Claudia lacked the soul and the heart that was in Saving Toby. This sequel was full of clichés
Zeljka
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3 (and 1/2) stars

I had a high hope, going into Keeping Claudia that I will like it more than Saving Toby. And although the brief time at the beginning, and then the last 5% of the book I really liked, I can't say I enjoyed the rest of the book as much. Although it had its pros, like many beautiful, romantic moments, it was also very heavy on angst, which I'm cool with as long as it's not dramatized - but it was: too much drama, for no apparent reason.

Toby and Claudia did a lot of emotional growi
Micheala
Thank you to the author for a copy of this book

To be quite frank it’s a good book. Not nearly as entertaining as the first one, but still good in its own way. It’s a slow novel (to be fair, I was warned though) and yet, it’s slowness is somehow endearing...

This book is REAL. To tie it back to the first one, this series isn’t a love story in the fantastical sense. She writes about a fictional couple in real-life settings and situations. The ups and downs, the fighting, months without speaking to
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received an ARC from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an unbiased review.

3.5 Stars
Back in 2013, I read the first book in the Toby & Claudia series, Saving Toby. I absolutely loved it. I felt such a connection to the characters and their story. Over the past four years, I’ve wondered what the next part of their story would be. I was patiently waiting for the second book to be released. When I saw there was going to be a review tour for Saving Claudia, it
Mary Kate
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
I received this book in response for an honest review.

After reading Saving Toby I was so happy to see the character development from Toby. Taking the steps to go to therapy showed how hard it can be and the stigma that is still attached to therapy. I was hoping to see further improvement not only in his character but Claudia's as well in the second book as they were getting older but I was let down.

Keeping Claudia was extremely irritating. Both Toby and Claudia fall into these irrational tende
Casia Courtier
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received a copy of Keeping Claudia Suzanne MeKenna for an honest review via Xpresso Book Tours. Everything that follows is my own opinion. I was not compensated.

Keeping Claudia is a contemporary romance about a young couple, Toby and Claudia. It's the sequel to Saving Toby which begins their relationship. Honestly, I didn't get lost in this book. I don't feel you have to read the first book to understand the characters and the story. However, I feel it might have helped me understand and like
Kristine
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
To be honest, I was a little hesitant reading this book. My concern was that I would miss something either by not having the full scope of what had occurred or misunderstanding something going on - that was not the case at all. The author has weaved a tale with many layers and complex characters that drive the story forward. After reading this, I would like to read the first book to see where the story began.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitte
Deborah Garland
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing journey filled with emotion!

I was blown away by this novel. I had not read the first book [Saving Toby], but Ms. Link does a fantastic job of sprinkling in pieces of the past enough to fill you in, but also make you feel you HAVE to read that book. I was so emotionally invested in Claudia and Toby and Ms. Link nailed it with her tagline: Falling in love is easy, staying in Love is hard. Her characters are so real and raw that you’ll feel their pain and struggles with her razor-sharp writ
Kimberly Wenzler
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read Saving Toby, the first book in the series and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I started Keeping Claudia, I had high hopes and ended up loving it more. The characters, as in Book 1, are layered, fractured and lovable and I found myself rooting for Claudia and Toby as they navigated the highs and lows of their relationship. I found I couldn't put the book down until I reached its satisfying ending. ...more
Kate Ashley
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars - From Underground Book Reviews

One of the greatest challenges for New Adult Contemporary novels is to stand out among other novels of the same genre. It is, quite frankly, a difficult task to accomplish especially for this particular genre. Keeping Claudia somehow did it.

Read my full review on Underground Book Reviews (dot) org!
Jackie Roberts
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This romance story was an excitement filled love story with tons of action and a fast moving plot line.
This was a great heart pounding read. The story was very well written with great characters. The story was very well written with great characters. It drew me in and I had it finished in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.
Tami
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: link-s-m, netgalley
3.5

Another book to make me appreciate my hoarding tendencies. I had the first in the series buried in my kindle. This series is one intended for great tissue use. It is very emotional. NA contemporary romance.

Elvira
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title sure says it all I had a great time and was engage throughout the pages. The characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

Sara
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely recommend this book as the author has done an amazing job of writing this book. Loved reading this book.

Staci
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Live is never simple. We all come with history.
It's the way we deal with our history that builds who we become. Sometimes the struggles faced getting past that seem impossible. Yet with the love and help of another we can overcome almost anything.
Pat
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the well written storyline and well defined characters that kept me totally engaged throughout the entire book!
PAULA
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KEEPING CLAUDIA (TOBY & CLAUDIA 2) by SUZANNE McKENNA LINK

Waited so long for this book that I didn’t even realized it was that long of a waiting til I read it. I love me a second chance love story and this is definitely one of my faves. I enjoyed every work in this book and to finally read the next chapter for Toby & Claudia was a delight. Believe me when I say book 1 kinda left me hanging and wanting more but hey, it was worth the freakin wait!

Book 2 started out a little while after that ending
Dunja *a chain reader*
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suzanne McKenna did it again in the second installment of Toby and Claudia’s story. "Keeping Claudia" is a bit shorter than "Saving Toby" but is still almost 400 pages long. The story continues where "Saving Toby" ends, at the beginning of new relationship between Toby and Claudia. The first part was a bit slow but once things got rolling the story became an emotional roller-coaster.

The story is told from both Toby’s and Claudia’s POV's and the reader gets great insight into their internal strug
Mar 31, 2019

• Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • A Royal Shade of Blue (Modern Royals #1)
  • Mister McHottie (Girl Band #1)
  • The Princess Pose (The Modern Royals Series Book 2)
  • Thick (Curvy Ambition #1)
  • Ben (Bachelors Incorporated)
  • Royal Icing (Modern Royals #3)
  • Sucker (Sweet Curves #6)
  • Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2)
  • Beauty from Love (Beauty, #3)
  • Only Him (One and Only, #2)
  • Ride Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy #2)
  • At Her SEAL's Command (SEALs of Roseville #1)
  • Winning Her Curves
Suzanne McKenna Link is the author of SAVING TOBY and KEEPING CLAUDIA. The heartfelt and emotional journey of a young man struggling with his past, and the love of a girl who might just save him.

A native Long Islander, Suzanne writes the kind of stories she enjoys reading: ones that pull readers to dark emotional depths, but also uplift and inspire. (*Bonus points when they inspire laughter!)
To k

Save Me (3 books)
  • Saving Toby (Save Me, #1)
  • Finding Edward (Save Me, #3)

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...
“I’d waited for this opportunity with Claudia for a long time—ever since elementary school when I tried to impress her on the monkey bars and woo her with my crayon drawings. But I couldn’t have been with her any sooner. You can’t expect someone to love a shadow.” 0 likes