Start by marking “Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness #2)

Shadow Cursed

(The Daughters of Darkness #2)

U.S. Marshal Jacey Noble has just taken a well-deserved vacation when one of her fugitives ends up murdered. Detective Trent Vinolva is less than enthusiastic to take on a new partner, especially hot-blooded Jacey, who lives to push his buttons. When they encounter a werewolf at the scene, Jacey is thrust into a new world of supernatural beings and high-stakes encounters w ...more
Published July 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Cursed

Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
*Book provided by author for a honest review.*

This is the second book in the Daughters of Darkness series, and my favorite by far. This book is about the second daughter of darkness Jacey Noble. Shadow cursed picks right up where Blood Slaves leaves off. If you have not read Blood Slaves, I recommend that you read it before reading Shadow Cursed because you will definitely be lost. N.L. Hoffman is an awesome writer, so I was so excited to read this book.

I really loved this book. N.L. Hoffman ta
Patricia
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Move over Blake there is a new girl in town and her name is Jacey. She is a US marshal that is due for an overdue vacation. Which she reluctantly takes, but a new case will throw her into a whole new heap of trouble with a werewolf for a partner and finding out she is a shadow. Jacey's whole world spins 360 degrees as she finds out she is a supernatural and hated among most of the supernatural world . Now she has to figure out her role as a shadow and figure out who is murdering people.

With th
Marsha
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
(4.5 Stars)
When I read the book summary for "Shadow Cursed" I couldn't understand why the author would be introducing a new main character in the second book of the Daughters of Darkness series; but, when I began reading the book, I totally understood.

Jacey Nobles is a U.S. Marshal who has been pulled out of her vacation to assist with the Detroit P. D. on a murder case. Lord have mercy; but, this girl is the funniest but most exasperating character I've read in a long time. Just thinking about
Ange from Cover to Cover Book Blog
STARS: 5
POV: First
Series: Yes
Cliffhanger: No

Jacey Noble is a US Marshal. She is about to start her long overdue vacation when a break in a case she has been working on comes to surface. When she gets to the scene, she meets the very sexy Detroit cop by the name of Trent. That’s the night that her whole life changes.

Jacey is very attracted to Trent but he keeps going bipolar hormonal on her. They work the case together and Trent goes from hot to cold. Stop then go. Rinse and repeat. Poor Jacey i
Linda Tonis
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
U.S. Marshal, Jacey Noble is finally getting the vacation she has longed for, sitting in front of her TV with a stack of movies and a huge bowl of popcorn, paradise. Paradise was short lived when on her first day of vacation a call from her boss Phil comes in requesting her to investigate a murder. This investigation will not only ruin her vacation plans but will change her life in ways she could never have expected.

At the murder scene she is partnered with a detective, Trent Vinolva and it is i
Kathy Wideman
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Daughters of Darkness series. Jacey Noble is supposed to be on vacation from her job as a U.S. Marshall. She gets a call from her boss that she is needed on a case. She meets the local detective, Trent she is going to be working with when she gets to the scene. While checking out the scene she hears something and while trying to check it out gets attacked. Trent takes her back to his apartment instead of taking her to the hospital. When she wakes up the next mornin ...more
Talor Pickering
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Loved, Shadow Cursed by N.L.Hoffmann I was asked few months ago to review Blood Slaves and I loved that I was hooked and could not wait to meet the next daughter of darkness. Shadow Cursed is the second book in the Daughters Of Darkness Series. The book took the story to whole new place, it was more revealing showed me the reader the bigger picture and you saw new sides to our favourite characters from book one Blood Slaves.

Shadow Cursed is all about Jacey Noble US Marshall and all rou
Anne
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer for SN BookReviews
Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness 2)

What a totally engrossing delightful romp! When Marshall Jacey Noble is called in off vacation to go to the scene of a murder and shows up wearing a white T-shirt with fuzzy pink handcuffs on it, I was hooked. Although I chuckled through Blood Slaves, the first book in the Daughters of Darkness series, I absolutely chortled with glee all the way through Shadow Cursed. When Jacey announces to Detective Trent Vinolva that they a
Char
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tour-books
Shadow Cursed
By N.L. Hoffman

This is the second book in the series and it does not disappoint! The story line flows with the characters from book one Blood Slave and adds a couple new ones. A hot ass sexy werewolf detective named Trent Vinolva and a smartass cocky and US Marshall named Jaecy Noble. They are teamed up together to solve a killing or should I say mutilation of an ex mobster. We find out that Blake and Jacey are actually half sisters, having the same father Lucifer. Now ther
Evie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Warning: may contain spoilers*

This is book 2, but I feel like it could be independent of book 1, or they could be read in reverse and you wouldn't feel lost. Probably because Hoffmann has a great ability to create a world and just suck you right into it as if you're the main character, or at the very least, a ghost watching things happen.

Jacey Noble is a U.S. Marshal who just wants to enjoy her well deserved week long vacation. But dammit, that's just not going to happen, because murders keep
Bronwyn Elmes
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock
Rating 5 fangs

Shadow Cursed is book two in The Daughters of Darkness series. You will need to read book one Blood Slaves to understand book two completely.

Shadow Cursed is an excellent follow up to book one. It continues to introduce us to new characters and we also continue to get to know previous characters.

We meet U.S. Marshal Jacey Noble as our heroine. We find out Jacey is the daughter of Lucifer and sister to Blake. Just like her family,
Crystal Book
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book, for an honest opinion.

Lucky for you, you can’t see me dancing, because this book, is amazing and worth dancing for!!! I loved N. L Hoffmann’s first book Blood Slave, but this one is just utterly my favourite.
In this we meet the second sister, Jacey who quickly finds out about her paranormal self; Part demon, part shadow. I absolutely loved this concept; it’s such a fresh flavour on the paranormal world.
I loved the incorporation of the same members from the first b
Kia Carrington-Russell
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the incorporation of the same members from the first book, and found myself flipping over page to page, to s
Katrina Curry
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't like humor? The world is a sad place in need of hope, humor, hard core heroines, and passionate men. Why else do we escape into these novels? They grant our wishes and satiate our needs. N.L. Hoffman offers these qualities and so much more!

The anticipation surrounding the animosity between Trent and Jacey caused me to question whether or not even cared for them to become a couple.  As it turns out, I very much care! It only made this journey all the more "delightful."

The secondary
Ruth Gutscher
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by N.L. Hoffmann, I loved "Shadow Cursed",book 2 in The Daughters of Darkness series,I loved the story line,the characters,it had humor,suspense,great plot twists,and romance.In this story you will meet Marshal Jacey Nobel,she is also Lucifer's daughter..she is sent by her boss to investigate a murder,and yes this story will take you deeper into the Covert.As she gets to the scene of the murder,she meets Detective Trent Vinolvo(he is a werewolf),things happen at the scene and ...more
Everything Marie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of The Daughters of Darkness series and picks up right after the first one, Blood Slaves. Now, it's not necessary to read the first book, but I still recommend it; that way you have a little back story.

In Shadow Cursed, we meet Jacey, a US Marshall. This story was everything that the first book was and much more. I found myself laughing out loud at all the hysterics. Lucifer aka Jacey's father was freakin hilarious. I also loved Jacey. There were times when you could tel
Theresa Needham fehse
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogpsot.com

U.S. Marshal Jacey Noble has no idea that Supernatural Beings Exist.
Pulled into a world she has no clue how to navigate. She finds that she has a sister who half Demon/Vampire and is mated with an Ancient Vampire. With 2 males a Warlock King and a Wolfe Shifter wanting her , she becomes immersed in the Supernatural World. Finding out she is more than she seems her new family and friends will help her all they can.
This book was fast paced
 Patches Braz
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
U.S. Marshal Jacey Noble has no idea that Supernatural Beings Exist.

This book was fast paced and had me laughing at Jacey and her sense of humor was ov
Hannah
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cover art says so much about the feisty, Shadow Queen Jacey Noble! Bring on the sexy, werewolf mate Trent, demon Silas, warlock Evander, and her sister Blake(continued from Blood Slaves). Marshal Jacey on a mission to find a rogue half-werewolf/half-vampire named Lucy. A trail of dead bodies linking to amatuer night at strip clubs, hot men(who will she chose?), shadow creepers(not to mention one sitting on her throne?!), and kicking butt with guns blazing or in this case shadows! My kind of stor ...more
SB Morales
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just loved Hoffmann's first book, but I love this one even more!! The Noble sisters are so amazing. They are immature more of the time, but that just hides the fact of how deadly they truly are. They seem to have their father's sense of humor and you can't help but laugh while you're reading. It also has some amazing sexy scenes and the action is just non stop! I can't wait to meet the third sister and see what trouble they find themselves in next!
Christie R.
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This is the second book in the series and it was awesome! Jayce is a U.S. Marshall that's out of the ordinary. She is sarcastic and totally insane when she wants to be. When she meets her sister Blake from the first book she learns a lot more then she bargained for. Join Blake, Eli, Jayce and Trent for a ride on the crazy express with a one-way ticket to hell.
GTR33GURL
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Didn't read the first book but really enjoyed this one and it wasn't hard to figure out who was who Jacey had me laughing out loud from the start she was so sassy and bad ass I just loved her I wish she made Trent work a little harder before she gave him her heart and I like Evander as well so I'm torn I think she is one tough cookie lots of action and twists and turns 4 solid stars!!!
Lisa Walker
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was kindly gifted this book from the author for a honest review.

Shadow Cursed the second book in the series Its still as kick ass and just as enjoyable.
Loads of Laugh out lout moments, humour,suspense, twists and romance .If you loved book 1 you will also love this.
Jeanny
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not a fan of the werewolf but am a fan of the newest addition to the sisterhood.
I rate this book a 3.5
Johnna Ouellette
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book

I did enjoy this book ... shadows are a new breed to me so it is getting interesting .. cannot wait for the next in the series to see where the writer gets from here.
Elaine Kirby
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it 2!

I have read this book before & I thought that I had reviewed it too but, apparently not as Amazon can't find it; anyway the book, the previous book & the next book in this series are absolutely amazing!

In this book we have Jacy Noble who thought that she was just a human until she went to a crime scene & became something else. & what she's starting to become scares all the other paranormals in her life; except for the couple who already knew what she is to become.

In qu
Bobbie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing storyline with lots of surprising plot twists. Interesting characters.
Teresa
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jacey Noble is hilarious. I loved the banter and the way she talks with Detective Trent(werewolf and lover). I'll admit she is quirky and tends to speak out of line quite like her sister Blake but she is funnier. Apparently Jacey is a Shadow, she can control shadows and travel through shadows. Shadows are sort of known as the grim reapers and she so happens to be the queen as she has the markings of a raven tattoo on her.

There are lot of secrets and twists.
(view spoiler)
Sara
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Cursed is a book you cannot miss. The story makes you keep turning the pages and want to know the whole story. Jacey is a US Marshal and she is a very good at what she does. She thinks she is normal, because she has no idea what she really is. Jacey is funny, likeable, and a very strong character. She is Lucifer’s daughter and a shadow, which makes for an awesome character. Lucifer is not the typical thought of how he would act in this book. He is funny and does some rather interesting th ...more
JadeShea
The second book in the Daughters of Darkness series was not as good as the first one, but it was still pretty good. Jacey just finds out she has a sister, and that there are paranormals out there, and she must help stop the bad guys before it is too late.

However, she also has some personal issues with her sister, and with the men who keep trying to get her attention. She just doesn't know who to trust and who is really on her side.

This book was pretty interesting, and I loved how Jacey kept to

• Blood Tree: Silver Edition
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • The Wicked (Otherworld, #2; Magic & Mayhem/Magical Sword, #2)
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Dawn of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #3)
  • Love Hate Love
  • All or Nothing (Wicked Games, #1)
  • His (Hers, #4)
  • Captive Films: Season 2 (Captive Films, #2)
  • Lean on Me (Take My Hand, #3)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Fire in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #2)
  • Tumbleweed
  • Hecate's Own (Heart's Desire, #2)
N.L Hoffmann is a paranormal romance author. She was born in Germany to her German native mother and her American soldier father. The family moved home to the states, where she grew up in a rural farm town in Michigan with her parents and two younger brothers. There, in her pre-teens, is when she began writing and developed her love for literature.
Today, Hoffmann resides in Missouri with her husba

The Daughters of Darkness (3 books)
  • Blood Slaves (The Daughters of Darkness, #1)
  • Death Design (The Daughters of Darkness #3)
“Never in my life had I felt such a horrible pain. Was this what childbirth was like? No, it was not in my crotch.” 0 likes
“Evander took me to the last place I ever expected to go on a first date. White Castle, of all places. There was really nothing better than having fifty tiny burgers. Well, not that many, but they were addictive; you couldn’t just stop at five or seven. Not only that, they came in a suitcase!” 0 likes