Start by marking “You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches” as Want to Read:
You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches

You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches

Zig Ziglar may be the master motivator, Mark
Victor Hansen of Chicken Soup For the Soul, the master
storyteller; Anthony Robbins may be the guru of
personal development, but Bob Proctor is the master
thinker. When it comes to systematizing life, no one
else can touch him. He is simply the best. Bob Proctor
collects thoughts like Imelda Marcos used to collect
shoes. He stri
Published June 26th 2014 by TAG Publishing LLC (first published 2007)

Start your review of You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches
Andrea Samadi
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So how did a book change my life? Well, I was a school teacher in Toronto, Canada, and had no idea who Bob Proctor was, or what the personal development movement was. It was a chance meeting with a neighbor, who was Proctor's Director of Sales, that inspired my passion for personal development and youth leadership, and led me to a very unique path of self-discovery. When I asked my neighbor what he did for a living, he handed me this book, You Were Born Rich, and I read it that weekend, and saw ...more
Valentina Stalyho
For those who are looking for a road map to start building a new life that you can dream about it is a must read book.Study it! Don't skip the exercises - they are the key to changes that you will make in your life to get where you want to be. ...more
Gabi Cutayar
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you believe that you have limitless potential, and you believe that you create your own life experience, then this is a must read.
Proctor takes your through the mindset and thought patterns you need to attain the life you want. I enjoy the way he gives examples from people he has met, and how he talks about his own experiences to illustrate the points he makes.
It lends itself to be re-read a few times. Definitely one I will read again.
Jason
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
This was a great book. It was full of powerful anecdotes and examples to teach, encourage and remind that we get out of life what we think about and what we focus on. Great ideas in this book. Will read again next year.
Janique
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoha!!! I strongly recommend not only reading the book but find a seminar and attend it - life changing stuff!
Isaac Samuel Miller
I really like this book by Bob Proctor. I’ve read so many books until I am honestly forgetting to upload my reviews, but here are my thoughts.

I’ve watched a lot of Bob Proctor’s videos and I’ve listened to a plethora of his speeches as well. I think the premise of this book accurately nurtures the mindset that’s necessary to spring forth the required actions that we need, especially if you’re serious about the attainment of your goals.

I love his analogies for illustrating the law of frequency a
Danijel
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dobil sem avdio knjigo oz. posnetek seminarja BORN RICH. Večkrat slišano, vendar so zanimivi primeri dani. Najbolj me je fasciniral naslednji primer (upam, da sem znal povzeti in pravilno napisati):

"little black boy went to the fair. There was a man who were selling balloons. He pump white balloons and let it go. Then he pump red balloons and let it go. Then he pump yellow balloon and let it go into the air. A little boy ask a man: 'Mister, can a black balloon fly.' The nam answer: 'any balloo
Christine
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am doing a mastermind group with this book. Love it! Powerful! I re-read the chapters all the time. It goes beyond the conversation of money and prosperity and tackles our innate strength.
Lucas Robak
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After watching his videos for over a decade, I felt like Bob Proctor was talking directly to me. What I truly loved about this book was that Mr. Proctor didn't waste any space by citing a bunch of sources, he is the source. Everything is "common sense" and written so elegantly that gradeschoolers can understand all the concepts (some words I had to look up). This is a book that I'll be reading every year from here on out. So happy I finally got around to finally reading his material rather than ...more
Allison
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Bob Proctor and truly believe that he wishes well for all of humanity. Positive, and motivating, You Were Born Rich, is a must read for those interested in self development. Keep in mind, being "Rich" is not about money only...it is about being fulfilled in all areas of your life as well as having a clear vision for what you want to do with your time on this planet. ...more
Steffany
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The very very best book I read which improved greatly my life and mostly multiply my business income. This is the book I hare reread the most often and some chapter I read again. One of the chapter is suggested to be read 100 times, do it and watch the change in your life. When I got that book, many many many years ago, I also got the many audio tapes and video tapes and listen and watched them. Bob Proctor is to me the very best motivator there is.
Judy Phin
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook is based on a recording of a two day workshop, it's important to also complete the activity book that you are able to download with it. This was only my first time listening to the whole workshop, i'll be going through it a second time to complete the activities. There are some extremely valuable shifts in thinking that are necessary for an abundant mindset, unearthing any limiting thinking that you may not be conscious of having.

Bob Proctor is fun to listen to, very inspiring an
Zachary Wrightsman
A great book that I would put right next to “Think and Grow Rich”, “The Science of Getting Rich” and “The Richest Man in Babylon”. All these books were referenced and I would suggest you read them as well if you haven’t already done so. Bob Proctor does a great job at telling the stories on how to apply the principles he has. This book is for sale on amazon for $60 at this current time. If you have the desire to read it for free as I did it won’t but take a simple google search.
Paul Bard
Nov 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first four chapters are an inspired masterpiece, but the chapters on risk taking and not thinking about the past are totally redundant, and seem like a totally other book. The last chapter, about throwing stuff out, is positively half-baked.

Strongly recommend reading the first half and DNF on the rest. The first half is brilliant, compelling, and profound.
Alexander Fitzgerald
I'll never get tired of books like this.

I'm not focused on confirming every detail. I had a football coach who used to talk like this to me. Whether he was right on everything or not was not my concern. The man gave me a rocket pack. He convinced me I could do anything if I worked hard and smart enough.

Guys like Bob Proctor get my mind in the zone. Robert Cialdini discussed in Presuasion about how, to his surprise, something as simple as motivational posters could make people work longer. I gues
Ilona
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mindset
Glad I’ve found this book!
Karl
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, “You Were Born Rich” does provide ways in which we can change our thinking to create more physical wealth in our lives; however, Bob Proctor also provides a superb transition from some of the earlier books on the power of thought & the Law of Attraction, written by some of the pioneers in the genre; people like Prentice Mulford, James Allen, Robert Collier etc. by adding some of his personal wisdom and a modern perspective. This is to say that the principles you will read about in “You Were ...more
Gil Bradshaw
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would probably give this 3.5 stars instead of four. This is classic self-help motivational stuff. I listened to the Audible version and I can't imagine actually reading it. This was recommended to me by a life coach named Marco Lopez.

These seminars can cost upwards of $10,000 and you can buy it for almost nothing on audible.

I believe in the power of positive thinking. I believe in goals. I believe in a lot of the things talked about in the book but Proctor says these techniques work because
Desiree Finkbeiner
As an NLP practitioner, this was excellent material to build ideas from. Though some of their key phrases were semantically different than those used in NLP training, they're essentially the same. He talks about 'conditioning' and 'habits', and I generally use terms like 'programming' or 'imprinting'. We're all born a clean slate and 'programmed' how to think by our environment. Before the age of reason, we simply accept what we are told until they become beliefs so deeply rooted that it is very ...more
Tikiri Herath
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the most important books I've read, only a few notches below Viktor Frankl's venerable book, Man's Search for Meaning. It took two readings to realise there's so more to these lessons than meets the eye. Yes, everything made sense and there was nothing new, but this book opened my eyes to certain mindsets I hold that keep me down. This was an eye-opening read. ...more
David Geschke
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
GREAT book. I,m probably going to read it a 2nd time right away I liked it that much. Highly recommended! :)
Debbie Carr
My bible: I re-read this book every year
Cara
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration, audio, scribd
I “read” the audio version of this, which isn’t an audiobook but a recording of the seminar of the same name, given in the late 80s.

The whole time I was listening to it, I was so fired up and inspired. Now that I’ve finished it, it feels like it’s wearing off. I can see why he recommends to listen to it over and over forever.

Meanwhile, it was my companion at my vacation cabin, and it felt like I had a whole week-long retreat, just Bob Proctor and me. It was awesome. Even though I’ve already hea
Isa Millot
I'm not saying I don't like Bob Proctor, in fact I found him very sensible in his speech and quite sympathetic when I watched the film "The Secret".
At the time I read this book I was still living in France so it was difficult to get it. When I finally got it, I was expecting to have an incredible time reading it... I came away with mixed feelings...

Of course the tone and style of writing is motivating, the author gives sound advice to improve our material life but it is too academic for me. It's
Philip
Jun 22, 2021 rated it liked it
The crux of this book by veteran motivational speaker and self-help author is that all of us are “born rich” in the sense of having a “magnificent God-given potential, which we owe ourselves to nurture”.

The author lays out 10 points as to how one can go about unlocking the riches one is born with to live a successful and rich life. It makes for a good entry point into the world of self-improvement for the uninitiated.

Whilst the author is popularly linked to the concept of the Law of Attraction
Nguyen Luan
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the main chapters in this book is called razor’s edge.

Most persons think there is a big difference between an individual that is stuck in real person’s winning. The line that separates winning from losing is as fine as the razor’s edge end.
For example in 1947, armed was the first in the history of racehorse in America to win a thousand dollars in its career. However the horse that finished second in the race earned less by 175 dollars having lost in miles.

If you consider the winnings, a t
Jarl Friis
Nov 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An very interesting and inspiring book with many gold nuggets. A bit too much of religion, but just don't let you get distracted by that. Sadly enough the author tries (especially in chapter 6; Law of vibration and law of attraction) to explain some of the ideas with science (which unfortunately has also attracted critics). All these attempts to provide scientific explanations is just not backed by science at all. But bear in mind that there are many facts/truths that are not (yet) backed by sci ...more
Sam K.
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" + "The Secret" combined in one.
If you liked "The Secret", you're going to enjoy this book.
Honestly, the relateable takeaway message could be summarized in one or two pages, or at least in one chapter.

I didn't like all that "thoughts are vibrations" and "you can be anything you want if you vibrate the energy enough" thought process, but I do appreciate his perspective on lessons learned from Napoleon Hill's book.

If you've read Napoleon Hill's
Susie Ramroop
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bob Proctor is such a legend. I've been going to bed with him and I am sure that his voice and indisputable arguments have been gentley penetrating my brain. Ok enough with the innuendo. It is a really good, practical take on mindset. I particularly love the references to his intentions to grow his business when it was a mere dot compared to what he has built today.

It is a dated production and from an audio point of view it's a bit choppy as he has other speakers who speak much more quickly. I'd
Bruno M C Oliveira
Good... but, in part, a re-writing of "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles.

It will make your scientific mind hurt. Although Bob Proctor mentions he won't get into the science of it, he should refrain from several statements and designing "laws". When you are in the business of changing people's lives and stating universal laws, you should be as careful as you can be.

Some of the examples are good but others are naive and shallow, characterist
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Fans in Perth Australia 1 12 Jun 15, 2010 12:16AM

• The Science of Getting Rich
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • You 2: A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • The Strangest Secret
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
  • It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • The Ultimate Jim Rohn Library
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • Wishes Fulfilled
  • The Secret Door to Success
See top shelves…

News & Interviews

“Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand.” 132 likes
“Thoughts Are Things     I hold it true that thoughts are things; They’re endowed with bodies and breath and wings: And that we send them forth to fill The world with good results, or ill. That which we call our secret thought Speeds forth to earth’s remotest spot, Leaving its blessings or its woes Like tracks behind it as it goes.   We build our future, thought by thought, For good or ill, yet know it not. Yet so the universe was wrought. Thought is another name for fate; Choose then thy destiny and wait, For love brings love and hate brings hate.   Henry Van Dyke       Any” 5 likes