Start by marking “The Viking Wants Forever” as Want to Read:
The Viking Wants Forever

The Viking Wants Forever

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  312 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Published (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Viking Wants Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking Wants Forever

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonPlaying to Win by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonMortal Bite by Sharon Hamilton
Drool-worthy Covers
158th out of 404 books — 246 voters
Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonNaked by Megan HartLove Script by Tiffany AshleyBlack Butterfly by Sienna MynxTaken By Moonlight by Violette Dubrinsky
Best multicultural / interrracial romances
162nd out of 333 books — 271 voters

More lists with this book...

Monica **can't read fast enough**
THE VIKING WANTS FOREVER is one that I really looked forward to reading. It had lots of elements that would draw me in. It features a somewhat nerdy AA woman, time travel, and a Viking. What else could I ask for in a steamy romance? This one had my name written all over it and with the fantastic cover I pre-ordered a copy and happily started reading the day it came out. Unfortunately this wasn't the best read for me. The premise is great, it was exactly what I wanted, however the execution left ...more
StScho
Jul 02, 2015 StScho rated it really liked it
Beautiful comic store manager and D&D aficionado travels back in time because Loki cursed her there and meets a dangerous (and dreamy) Viking warlord.....

She has to pose as a slave.....

so she can steal an amulet back from the Viking warlord and Loki would then return her back to her time.

Don't care! It works for me. If you are going to start to pick apart her sudden change of character (from nerdy store keep to brazen hussy) and why the Viking was immediately enthralled with her (very hot
Anne
Mar 22, 2016 Anne rated it did not like it
Not a good book, no character development. This is only ok if you just want to read sex throughout the book. No storyline ! A big waste of time.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This was a really hot, yet truly interesting book. :)

So I gotta admit first... I'm a big fan of the plot wherein a woman gets transported somewhere and meet her one and only love there. This is why I love the FANTASYLAND series by KRISTEN ASHLEY and why I also love TRANSCENDENCE by SHAY SAVAGE. It's just one of those things that I really love reading about. Isn't that amazing? To discover a hidden world or another time?

I just had to say that for you to know where my enthusiasm is coming from.
Shyla Colt
Jun 24, 2015 Shyla Colt rated it it was amazing
Amazing story full of passion, adventure, humor, and well-layered plotting and characterization. I highly recommend this amazing read!

I instantly connected with Reese who let her self-doubts keep her in a job longer than she should be. Sweet, intelligent, and searching for more, she's thrown into the past after insulting Loki. ( Note to self, never belittle the god). I felt like i was watching a move as she traversed the past, struggling to fit in, and achieve the task Loki gave her. Enter Eirik
TJ
Jul 17, 2015 TJ rated it it was ok
After reading the sample I couldn't wait to find out where the story would go. Turns out, it lead to a bedroom full of lust filled weeks that worn me out and all I did was read. There was no story here. No character development or of the places that were mentioned. I actually put the book down twice and forced myself to finish it. For Reece to be a comic book store manager you would think she would be well versed or some sort of knowledgeable when it came to the Vikings. Obviously there needed t ...more
Ese
Mar 15, 2016 Ese rated it liked it
Shelves: heroine, bw-wm, historical
This is just a naughty naughty book, I really enjoyed the beginning and was getting into it, then it become complete sexy time, chapter after chapter. The heroine could have been better developed, I got bored around chapter 14 and took a long break and then forced myself to finish.
I really wanted the to give it a 4 but after I cant its like a good 3.6, I like ero-books, comics and geekery and some parts of this book definitely gave me that, so I enjoyed that much.
Fashionista
My girl, Koko Brown, does it again! I found Reese to be very endearing; I really liked her. Eirik, the oh so Yummy Viking, was all alpha and totally sexy. The banter between Reese and Eirik was hilarious. (LOL ;-) The love scenes were aplenty and sctorching - just how I like it. My iPad almost melted.*drools*
I'm so glad they got their HEA!
Zandra
So much fun.

This book definitely spoke to the geek in me. Time travel, Vikings, cosplay, beer, comic books, and lots and lots of dirty sex. Like for real, these two had to have been chaffed beyond belief! Yes, there were a few editorial errors, but I loved the heroine. She went from being suppressed and afraid to letting out the inner goddess only released during cosplay. Her authentic self was able to come through thanks to the tricks of Loki who did her a disservice and a favor all at once.

T
Sarah G.
Jul 08, 2015 Sarah G. rated it liked it
To be honest I had some mixed feels when it came to this book. Part of me really liked it, however; there were some things that made me dislike it as well.

Things I liked:
- Reese was a "nerdy" heroine. Its hard to come by books with heroines of color who are into cosplay/comics/rpgs etc. And I really liked that this played a big role in who she was.

- The whole time travel/Norse god combo was really unique. I definitely liked the concept of this story, since I haven't read too many like it.

- The H
Mirabella
Could have been so good, the concept of the story sounded great and I love time travel romance. But this book had little to do with romance, there was too much sex, too much lusting after each other. It seemed the poorly constructed plot interspersed with some historical bits was only there to lengthen the book. It was boring. The heroine was too immature and sometimes acted very silly. I couldn't believe she was meant to be a nearly thirty year old woman. The only reason I'm giving it two stars ...more
Shiala
Jun 24, 2015 Shiala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait

This is the ultimate love story. It was hot, funny, tragic, and a true ever after ending. I loved it!!!
Rose
God, the thirst with this chick is real and painful to behold. I consider myself fairly liberal. Some might say overly so, but come on woman! How do you go from a clever geek with your head in a game to...to...it was like her only concern was penis. I mean, here's this guy (and yeah, hot viking yay) and he just grabs you and absconds with you to his room to fuck. No hello, no awkward "are you dtf" attempt at pantomime, not as much as a nod and a wink. Explicit consent is everything! But she does ...more
Stacy Anita Edwards
Whew!

Wow! I really enjoyed this book. Why three stars? Well it started off so well loved the comic book nerd premise. Loved when our heroine was transported to another place in time. BUT it felt like once the hero discovered that she was a woman....It was all about SEX SEX SEX and more SEX! Until I was like....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! Look I enjoy hot sex scenarios with a hot Viking just like any woman would. But it was overkill. That seemed to go on for like ten chapters!? That's a rough guess. I wa
Rebekah Weatherspoon
Longer review to come.

This was such a fun read. The only thing I didn't like was that some of the sexy scenes were a little confusing. I had to reread a few lines to figure out which body parts were where. Other than that I freaking loved this book and the end was exactly what I wanted. I dont often reread, but I'm probably going to reread this one.
Freyja Holt
Mar 04, 2016 Freyja Holt rated it liked it
I must say I really enjoyed this story of a time-traveling thirty something female gamer who ends up in the lustful arms of a hotter that h.., well shall we say an extremely attractive Viking in medieval Norway. No sugarcoating, no cliché romance lines, Koko means business and its refreshingly hot and dirty.
The book is really funny too and I laughed out loud several times. The heroine is witty, sharp and very entertaining as she struggles between the two clashing worlds of modern day Florida and
Yolanda
Jul 06, 2015 Yolanda rated it it was amazing
I'll admit that I was a little hesitant to read the "new" version of this book. Frozen in Time is/was my favorite book by Koko Brown. The revisions and new title didn't lessen my love for the original any, but The Viking Wants Forever definitely has a spot on my keeper shelf. I loved all the additions to this book except for one. And I absolutely love the new ending!!!! It's hard for me to discuss all the changes without giving away the story but the addition of the present day scenes and the in ...more
Felicia
I saw this book as I was scrolling through Amazon. The concept of the story appealed to me. When I find a book, I always check the reviews before I purchase it. I am always interested in knowing what others think about books. I have been wanting to read it for a while but was put off because of some of the reviews. Then I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did. I enjoyed this book a lot. This is the first book that I have read by KoKo Brown and it will not be the last. I just wish that it ...more
Laverne Brewster
Interesting in a provocative way causing a "huh", "what" or "really" response!

2.75 stars. Reese Johnson, a 30 year old graphic designer working as a manager of a comic store is sent back in time by Loki, god of mischief, to steal a jewel from Eirik Sigurdsson, a warlord and mercenary. At one point I thought this story might be a spoof, parody or a mockery of the concept of time traveling by characters in novels.
Keda
Jan 24, 2016 Keda rated it it was amazing
This book was the boom!! I loved the history, the characters, the story line and I loved the way that Loki and Thor are brought to life in this book! As I was reading this book I felt as if it was a movie playing in my head, I could imagine everything and just like a GOOD movie this book kept me on my toes. Please continue to create books that are in vivid color.
Allie
Apr 24, 2016 Allie rated it liked it
DeliaC
May 24, 2016 DeliaC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snarky, resourceful and feisty heroine; super Alpha Hero; time travel; comic books. This one was a lot of fun. If folks can get all teary about that silly movie with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, y'all can get into an interracial Viking time travel romance. Seriously.
Vee P.
May 04, 2016 Vee P. rated it it was amazing
Love this!!

Took me longer to finish than I would have liked due to busy schedule, but was curled up reading it every chance I got. Love the chemistry and journey the main characters had.

I recommend this and will be checking out more from Koko Brown :)
Sandra
Jul 27, 2015 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed "The Viking Wants Forever." It was surprisingly lighthearted most times-that's not expected in a tale without electricity or Wi-Fi. Reese and Eirik had a connection that transcended time and kept you enthralled, not to mention Viking love was HOT! Excellent read! Thanks, Ms. Brown!!
AmiNickris
Dec 17, 2015 AmiNickris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So different sooo good

I loved everything about this book.it was different and I had no idea what to expect.it fulfilled my wish for something new and exciting and different in this IR genre.look forward to more.
Moira Mugweni
Nov 23, 2015 Moira Mugweni rated it really liked it
If I had to critique it; I would have liked it more if there was a little more elaboration on the journey Reese took to and from Eirik's domain. I just feel like it was a missed opportunity for a bit of adventure and imagery.
Debra Crosby
Jun 27, 2015 Debra Crosby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Future meets the past

One of my favorite kinds of stories is where either the main character travels to the past or travels to the future. Reese went back to the Viking days and met Erick. The story flowed easily.
Nikki
Feb 03, 2016 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Koko does it again!

Even though there were typos and transitions were jarring, I had to give this story 5 stars because it was THAT good. I was going to give 4 but there came a point where I almost jumped to the end and read the last page/chapter just to see how things ended so I could breathe again. That immediately increased this book's value. The love between Reese and Eirik was beyond. And delicious from their first encounter. This will definitely be a book I read over and over again.
J.P. Fairfield
Sep 13, 2015 J.P. Fairfield rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a really fun read. yes, some parts can be really corny but it's a romance novel so that's to be expected. I love that the main heroine is a geeky Black Woman with kinky hair. I would read this book again.
Karen Jones
Jul 20, 2015 Karen Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW

I absolutely loved this book and the lead characters. Reese is definitely not a damsel in distress and that was an awesome surprise. Eirik is at the top of my favorite alphas list. This book will not disappoint
  • His Pretend Baby: 50 Loving States, Oregon
  • The 'N' Word (From Race to Redemption, #1)
  • Tiger Bound
  • Broken (conclusion to Beyond the Breaking Point)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • Scandalous Heroes Box Set: Sensual Romance
  • Gold Mountain
  • Fear (Falling in Love with an Alpha Billionaire, #1)
  • Laid Bear (Urban Fairytales, #2)
  • Commitment to Love (Chasing Love #3)
  • Perfectly Mixed
Koko Brown is the pseudonym for a quintessential erotic romance junkie who once read over 200 Zebra Club novels the summer before her senior year in high school.

Koko’s writing career began at the tender age of nine when she self-published and distributed a newspaper to her fellow classmates. Unfortunately, her grade school school principal didn’t appreciate the competition and put her out of busin
More about Koko Brown...

“A complete three hundred and sixty degree turn from the other clowns she’d dated. Like Clyde T. and his bright idea to invent chewless gum.” 0 likes
“She could taste him in her mouth already ‑‑ all eight inches of him, banging the back of her throat.” 0 likes