Start by marking “With the Father (With the Father, #1.0)” as Want to Read:
With the Father (With the Father, #1.0)

With the Father

(With the Father #1)

I had a choice, and I chose wrong.

I thought I lost everything. But when the smoke finally cleared, I discovered that I wasn’t alone.

Father Sullivan was a force – a living and breathing force, a forbidden desire I couldn’t resist. I didn’t want to resist. But I wasn’t the only one who wanted him, and by all accounts neither of us should have him.

I had decisions to make, se
Published September 20th 2014 (first published September 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about With the Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With the Father

Start your review of With the Father (With the Father, #1.0)
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Now live on AMAZON!!

5 stars!!

description

If there was ever a time I’m glad I didn’t DNF a book, it would be right now. I was 3 star cruising through a great part of the book and then the most crazy and wicked twist happened and now I see the entire story in a different light. One look at the cover, teasers, and blurb and my mind settled on a forbidden romance that had something to do with a priest and two sisters. In a way I was right, but in many other ways I was wrong. This book initially started out as a
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.75 Stars ?

[image error]

This is a hard story to review and it must be stressed that this isn't a smut story at all. Father Paul isn't anything like my Soren but is wonderful in his own right. The plot will grab you with crushing heartbreak while it has a bit of mystery to it as well. The characters were in fact all very likable and relatable.

The story definitely kept me guessing which made the majority of the story a good read. As for the ending... I'm reserving the right to change my ratin
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing

**4.5 " HOLY FATHER" STARS **

A few years ago . . . okay many years ago, I watched the most Fascinating . . . Taboo . . . Devastatingly Beautiful miniseries of its time, The Thorn Birds and thanks to Father Ralph de Bricassart, I've been in pursuit of another enchanting priest.

So did I find him ?.. Somewhat. Father Paul Sullivan was charming, somewhat confusing and highly intriguing(I kept thinking, what's his deal ?) but his "taboo" appeal was absent .
Firstly, I'd like to state this book is
Alexis *Reality Bites*
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Romance

photo tumblr_m5p8g9XdN91rwcc6bo1_400_zps53fbb20b.gif

This book did things to me and I took it personal. You know what. I see what you did there Jenni Moen annnnnd I just don’t know how I feel about it. I don’t even know how to review this book…or how to rate it.

How can a twist be so epically wrong? I’ll tell you how….
It alllll depends on the reader; how receptive they are to…changes. *smirks* So you see to some the major plot twist is epically wrong and to others it’s epically right. If anyone is stuck in between, I
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

“5 Graceful stars”

For anyone who’s ever second guessed a decision and wondered what if…

First thing you should know about this story is that it’s not a dark/taboo read. Yes! It is a love story and involves the priest- there’s drama, angst, bit of love triangle, betrayal and heartbreak but this is unlike any love story you have ever heard!

I did enjoy this story till 90% mark but the twist that followed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
description
It literally stole my breath, left me angry and confused but mostly sad. LOVE
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Huh? Was this a mindfuck or just a poorly executed plot twist?

photo A582CF9F-F6D9-4DCC-824B-7D0FB5D9A548_zpsw2flfoio.gif

What the heck was that ending? At this point, I don't understand the happenings of 75% of the story. So I joined a private FB group for this book discussion with hopes that SOMEONE can shed light on the way the author threw this curveball ending at us. Otherwise I can't rate a book I just don't "get."

***Review update after consulting with the authors FB group and a good nights sleep***

photo 81B2C84C-6105-4096-B580-C15588B1FFF8_zpsmnmloyyy.gif

I still don't get it. And I can't readily
Didi
Coming into this book, or even adding it a few weeks ago, I had this desire that it would be a taboo priest gone dirty, down and dir-Tay. Needless to say, this was nothing like that, not even close. After reading several reviews I understood the land mine I was walking into. I didn't spoil it for myself but I was scared and I needed to prepare myself. I knew a little going in, but nothing to prepare me for the shocker starting at 80%. And let me tell you, it wasn't just a shocker, think plural.. ...more
.Karéz.
5 Stars!

I'll make this brief for you. To me these kind of books (Which are rare!)
Do not need a review for!. Go ahead you can call me Crazy-Lazy-Didn't understand the book! Whichever you like!. But tell you this: Ever had a realization that the way we look at our decisions Only in one perspective?!?? Ask yourself! Why don't we have the What if's??

With the father. Will open your eyes to all the decisions we had/will make in our lives...

I loved everything about this book!...

I would really r
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
4.5 STARS

description

How the hell did I go from being SO bored with it, to almost DNFing it, to giving it 4.5 stars?

I don't bloody know!

I'm gonna have to bullet point this shit.

*** It didn't feel like it was much of a romance novel. It felt much more like a drama, with a bit of romance on the side because Father Paul acted like a side character for the first half of the book.

*** In fact, I didn't think very much of Father Paul. He never showed me how apparently awesome he was.

*** And that's why the fir
Ilze
I think this picture pretty much describes how I feel right now

Wow.
What a story.
It was filled with so many different and powerful emotions, that I am still left kind of speechless.

♥There is absolutely nothing you need to know before starting to read this. I recommend going into it blind and try to piece the story together yourself.

♥Honestly, I did not know what to expect from the book. Of course I imagine all kinds of crazy scenarios involving two sisters and a priest, but nothing I thoug
Maida
What is the acronym for With the Father? WTF. And it couldn't be any more apropos.

I found the first 85% of this novel fairly enjoyable. However, I firmly believe that the last 15% of this book should have NEVER seen the light of day. I HATE love triangles. But do you know what's worse than a love triangle? A LOVE QUADRANGLE. FFS, LOVE QUADRANGLES are pretty much Love Triangles ON CRACK!

I'll repeat what I said in my opening line: WTF— which pretty much became my mantra for the entire final 1
~♡AB♡~
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

I thought I was reading one book and then at around 80% I realised I was reading something completely different. This book is hard to review without giving anything away, it's a book about Fate and the What Ifs of life.

I loved the writing style and the way the author interweaved all the little details together. It was kind of like a mystery, I was trying to work out what was happening all the way through the book. Knowing what I know now, I am now re-reading the parts of the b
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
4.5 Sinful Stars

So, did I enjoy this...

I'm torn between....

and bloody well done Jenni Moen, excellently woven story that definitely kept me guessing.....

and kept me up all night.....

This book will definitely evoke mixed reactions....

All I say is read it, don't read all the reviews just go in blind....

Denise
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 4 stars because I absolutely loved the story up until 90% and then I became downright pissed off with how it all ended. I thought that the writing was excellent and I was completely captivated until the very end. Then the end came and I felt like the rug was ripped out from under me and I was left devastated. Why Jenni Moen?!! Why did you do this to me? I'm mourning the loss of what I loved so much about this book.
Jen
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well...I am pretty much speechless!!! I truly don't know what to say in this review..The ending to this book totally blind sighted me to the point that I walked around today a bit of a zombie trying to figure out what the heck did I just read! LOL Like all of the other reviews out there, I will not be giving away the details of the story. This is a book that you need to go in blind..otherwise I could see it taking away from the entertainment factor...as well as the shock factor too! I will be ho ...more
Alice
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, standalone

"For anyone who's ever second guessed a decision and wondered what if..."

Let me get this straight. Is the rating of this book just 3.91?!? Seriously?? I still can't believe it.

I don't even know what to say about this story. I don't want to tell you anything about the plot, because this is one of those books you don't need to know anything about it before reading it.

You have to go in blind. Don't try to understand what's happening, just enjoy the story.

description

It mindfucked me really hard, but it w
R.S. Grey
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I just finished With the Father by Jenni Moen and I feel like I need a few days to process the story. AMAZING. BREATHTAKING. BEAUTIFUL. It was without a doubt one of my favorite reads of this year. I loved every word and felt every single emotion. Obviously 5++++ stars.

I read it straight through in six hours and I cried three times, laughed, and smiled the whole way through.
When this book comes out, I will be shouting from the rooftops because it deserves so much praise.

Get ready.
Polly
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: emo

I really liked 85% of the book. It had a few funny moments. I loved Paul and I loved him with Grace. The writing was great.

Then THE TWIST happened. Did I like it??

Ruined the book for me. I was pissed. Wasn't amused. Wasn't feeling it. Made me super angry. I get the whole "meaning" behind the moral of the story but yeah not for me.

Kirsten
5 Stages of Grace stars

I finished this in the wee hours of the morning, slept on it, and can honestly say I am still hungover and raw with emotions.

If at all possible read this with someone. Believe me, it helped so much! So first off, I'd like to thank Sandy and Karéz for an amazing buddy read. It was the perfect book and I am so glad to share the experience with you. Also thanks to the ladies who helped us with the process of this crazy ride. It was much needed and appreciated.

So, after my
Elaine
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Made Me Think Stars

photo tumblr_mocqu5qr8F1qh2o7zo1_500_zps64fd2e95.gif

This was an intriguing story. After a fairly slow start it became apparent that this story was full of mystery, secrets and lies but most of all choices....

I really didn't have any idea what this story was about before I dived in, was it a taboo, erotica tale of forbidden love?
Well I think thats why this story took me by surprise. It has a twist which I didn't see coming. It didn't shock me but it did make me think about the story alot after I had finished it.

photo lips-sealed_zpseae988c4.gif

My tho
Michelle
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read the blurb. One-click the book. It seems pretty silly to now inform you not to read any reviews, especially as I write my review, but this is one of those stories that if it is spoiled, it won’t be enjoyed.

So I am going to keep this short. I loved this story. I might be a little angry at this story. But I did love it. It is one that when you’re finished with it, you immediately flip back through it to re-read parts. To try to grasp a hold onto something.

This is one of those books that almost
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
This review was originally posted on my blog No BS Book Reviews

DNF

Being a fan of Tiffany Reisz's Original Sinners series, I thought that this book (based on the title) would be right up my alley. I went into this book completely blind; I was intrigued by the title/cover, AND by the GUSHING reviews. I was so confident I'd like it, I got my pal Kayla to buddy read it with me. So we jumped  in feet first, completely ready to drink the Kool-Aid, and I hadn't even read the synopsis yet.

Someone remi
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 STARS

description

Like many others I believed this will be a dark/taboo read. It could have been really interesting to read a forbidden romance where one of the main characters is a priest. Anyway, I wish I could say I loved this book but unfortunately is not the case.

This book is really hard to review without giving anything away, so I will not say much about it – plot or characters, but one thing is for sure: this was interesting.

For me this book wasn’t a romance, it was more a drama/mystery, somethin
Jenni Moen
Aug 12, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming Soon!

Miss Fifi
2.73 I'm-So-Fucking-Done-With-The-Father Stars

*might come up with something to say bout this book after this, but now I need to take a few shots of milk first*
April
 photo Withthefather_zps942bc98b.jpg

So it`s been well over a week since I finished this story and I still don`t know how to properly review it, so let`s just go with this:

In this story, the main female character has suffered through a terrible tragedy and now she`s all alone.

As she tries to navigate and deal with the aftermath of this tragedy, she finds that some days it`s more managable and that`s all due to the support system made up of her father and sister; but it seems that the main pillar of that support system comes fro
Andrea
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

So…..it’s so hard to review this.

A significant amount of time after reading this book has passed and I’m still…

description

It was a tough book to read, and it will affect everyone differently.

As for me…I might be a little angry at this story right now but I loved it.

I love it because it took me by surprise and that twist which I didn’t see coming shock the hell out of me.

But…the ending didn’t work out for me because I’m an emotional reader and I’ve invested so much in that love story. So ya…now I have to
Angie **loves angst**
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five wonderful stars!!! Highly recommended to all my Goodreads. Thanks to Feifei's amazing review I gave this book a try and absolutely loved it. Wish I could write a proper review but real life is a bitch.
After all the hero is a hot priest, what more can a girl ask for?
Lucy
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow! What a book! Kudos to the author. It's so difficult to find romance books that aren't the same ole, same ole...this book delivers something different and does it in great manner. It captivated me from beginning to end.

I will say that I am so conflicted over the ending. (view spoiler)
Liv Morris
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read With the Father before its release. I can't say enough about this book. Plot, writing, sexual tension, and an ending twist that has me suffering from an incurable book hangover.
Be prepared to have your mind blown in the best of ways. And good luck finding your next book after reading With the Father...
Bravo, Jenni!
C.D.'s Canaries: With The Father Buddy Read Starts 10/21/14 300 55 Oct 27, 2014 12:47PM
Buddy Read - Karéz, Kirsten & Sandy =D 284 32 Oct 11, 2014 11:30AM
Bargain Basement: GIVEAWAY - With the Father 1 22 Sep 22, 2014 04:12AM

• Crossed Lines
  • SNOW:  A Gentry Boys Christmas Story
  • Medicine Man
  • The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14)
  • A Valentine's Day Miracle (The Reed Brothers, #10.5)
  • Don't Doubt (The Reed Brothers, #11)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • The Dirty Bargain
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos #2)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Oryon (Tornians #3.5)
  • Ynyr (Tornians, #3)
  • A Grim Holiday (Tornians, #1.5)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Wild Wolf (Dangerous Wolves, #3)
  • His Wolf (Dangerous Wolves, #2)
Jenni Moen lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three crazy, exuberant kids who have the potential to burn the house down at any moment.

When she’s not chauffeuring kids around town, performing her mom duties as a short order cook and maid, or vacuuming for her fastidious husband, she hammers away at her keyboard. Most of the time, she's up to no good, but every now and then a new book is born.