Start by marking “Black Dog Nights: Part Two (The Club, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
Black Dog Nights: Part Two (The Club, #1.2)

Black Dog Nights: Part Two

(The Club #1.3)

I’m still so hurt and angry about being followed. I’m not exactly in the mood to have Jae inside of me. But my mood doesn’t matter, does it? And neither do my feelings. I’m here to give Jae whatever he wants. I can’t say I don’t like having the money. I’ve already got the funds to pay off a fifth of my student loan debt. But I’m afraid of how possessive Jae is and how much ...more
ebook
Published July 30th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Black Dog Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Dog Nights

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This is part two of the three part series.

I loved this part just as much as part one. Jae is very possessive over Rose in this part. Love how the story is continuing in this part.

Now onto part three
 Rosebud
Rose Collins has agreed to and signed a contract and a non disclosure agreement with famed artist Jae Rothko. He now owns and has exclusive rights to her body 24/7. It still comes as a shock to realize he's having her followed. She's a woman of her word and won't violate the terms of her contract but it doesn't mean she has to give up outings with her friends, male or female... Or does it?

* * * * * * * * * *

This is a serial series installment which continues after the cliffhanger ending of Bla
CeCe
Aug 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014, romance
Three novellas.

I have been contemplating for a few days whether to write this review for the three novellas together or separate. After thinking about it, I think I am just going to write one review for the three novellas.
As a whole the series is 3.5 stars for me. There are a lot of parts I liked and others I was not so sure about.
I enjoyed reading Book 1. I was not crazy about the characters or some of the actions, but I knew there was going to be a reason for Jae Rothko’s behavior. He could
All Booked Out
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This really is a page turner.... it zips along, I couldn't get it read quick enough. I was eager to get more from Jae as he was acting out, demanding, taking, without telling what he was doing and she does it because she is being paid, but...... She also is falling for his charms too as there is that vulnerability there, that sweetness, generosity and basic 'just wants her to be his!

Now is this needy, obsessive, controlling..... Hell yes! Is it too much and damaging, well I am not going
Mazmum
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed collectively - see book 1 review
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
**I received all three of these book in exchange for my honest review during this promo event.**

The are short novellas, I read them in a few hours and whilst they were short they were engaging enough to make you want to read the next. Ideally they could all be put into one book format. Since I received all 3 I will combine my review :)

The first thing that comes to mind is the similarity to Fifty Shades there are in this book, but the major one being that this is written so much better! This stor
Inderpreet Uppal
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Desires and drama – this perfectly describes this fast, short and well-written book. This is the second book of the series and I have reviewed the Part I Black Dog Nights and I had thoroughly enjoyed it. I had read this book quite some time ago but somehow the review escaped me so I read it again :) and here is the fresh review.

Yes, it is an apt second part and takes the story forward in a good way. The arrival of an old friend Rocky or Joey Rocco who wants to be more than a friend adds to the p
Nicole
Book provided in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great, quick and sexy series to read. What impressed me about the story is that while Rose may have been a virgin at the beginning of the story, she wasn't naive and sheltered; that to me made it more believeable. In addition, I've heard there are websites that are similar to The Club, so it's pretty easy to see this story happening in real life, especially when one is facing impending economic doom with no way to pay back borrowed money.

J
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I was lucky to have all 3 of these books on my kindle because the suspense would have done me in !! I really had to know what Rose was going to do to Jae once she found out he was having her followed. Surprisingly she deals with it and goes on with their contract. Technically it is par for the course and the longer they continue on the more we all realize Jae is going to pay anything and move mountains to be sure Rose has no reason to leave his side. Fearing the loss of her independance Rose doe ...more
Babel
Stark discoveries and hurtful humiliation bring forth this second installment. Great start! Rose is deep into a man's life that's controlling and unforgiving. Nevertheless, they grow more and more intimate in all kinds of ways.
Rose is worried about her future, if she's ever going to find her dream job in art. On top of that, her puzzling lover is half attentive, half dominant on all her affairs.

I think the best part was those mixed scenes where you're not sure if Rose is making the biggest mista
***Cheryl***
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
4.5 Stars

This is a three part series. As I was lucky enough to receive all 3 parts as ARC copies from the author I was able to read the whole series one after another. Warning this may contain spoilers for the series!!!!!!

(view spoiler)
Monica Cullip
Black Dog Nights: Part Two

Ren Monterrey

This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. This is the second in this Trilogy and I was hooked in the first segment and this part just continues to real me in.

We were introduced to Rose Collins who had a lot of student debt and has accepted a position as a “companion” to well know artist Jae Rothko whose only requirements is that he is to have access to her body whenever and however he desires. Jae is turning into quite the possessive lov
Kim
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Gilded Cage stars

Rose continues to struggle with how to move forward. Should she give her high school flame Rocky a chance to come back into her life as he hopefully waits to see what happens? Or should she give Jae the opportunity to redeem himself for recent actions?

Jae gives us a little more insight into what makes him tick but he really is a mass of contradictions at times. He is even quieter than Rose- he doesn't like to speak very much either about himself or with others. And it quickl
books are love
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
the second part of the three part series has ask what do i do when the job becomes more and you are afraid.

Picking up where the first left off, Rose wonders what she is and who she is becoming. Fear of the possessiveness of Jae and what their arrangement to him makes her, Rose reevaluates what she is doing. Jae on the other hand is letting his past dictate his future and this is hurting his relationship with Rose. Jae wants Rose in his life but fears she won't stay if they aren't in a job and Ro
Eye Candy Bookstore
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

As Rose realizes her feelings for Jae are deeper than just a casual relationship, she also realizes that Jae may not feel the same. Despite all they have shared, he still refuses to kiss her. Why? No matter what Rose does, it feels like Jae wants to own Rose and not to love her. Can they find common ground, or will Jae's lack of emotion end everything?

I really loved how this book matched Part One with it's speed and intrigue. I enjoyed getting to know more of the supporting characters and
She Hearts Books
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rose can't seem to get ahead financially as she has trouble finding a job after graduating college with her art degree that she needs to start paying off the loans for. One night when she goes out with her roomie, she meets December who hands her a card that will solve her money problems. She joins The Club which connects well off men with women for arrangements. She connects with Jae. What starts out as an arrangement turns into so much more.

This was such a sweet and sexy story. Rose blossoms i
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive this book for my honest review.

“I no longer feel like I have to be here, I realize that I want to be with Jae. I want to be his lover. His girlfriend, His everything” Rose

This is the second book in the series by this author.

Can one couple find love through a strange event?

Rose and Jae’s journey to find happily ever after is a journey in which they both seek. Jae is the Hot man again in this second book. Control is something he always seems to inhibit with Rose. Can that
Cathy Brockman
First of all, I want to say this is a serial novel in three parts. I am not a huge fan of the serial thing; however I do like that this is marked as a serial, stated how many books and is very reasonably priced. I love this author so of course I ventured in, and am very glad I did.

Book 2 takes up with Ren angry at Jae. She knows she signed an exclusivity clause in the contract but the fact he has men following her and watching her every move appals, frightens and yet excites her.

In this book we
A Risque' Affair Book Blog
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by LeeAnn H.

Part two picks up right where book 1 leaves off. Rose has just discovered that Jae is having her followed and she’s pissed. Jae insists it’s for her own protection and he doesn’t want to hear any more about it. Rose fears Jae is being to possessive and when she finds a letter from Jae’s ex saying that she couldn’t be with him anymore because she felt like he was putting her in a gilded cage, her worries become even stronger.

Rose and Jae’s chemistry is undeniable and I love
Jai Brown
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Picks up exactly where book one left off and the depth of emotion grows.
Cali wants to be referred to The Club, which could be an interesting twist. Rose has mixed emotions about referring her, because of her own predicament.
Jae surprises Rose with a super sweet night of sketches and a bubble bath, along with another surprise that made my heart melt.
She struggles with the fact that she's being paid to be with Jae, and he struggles with her unhappiness with the situation. He explains some of th
Book Worms  United
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Picks up exactly where book one left off and the depth of emotion grows.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Contemporary, M/F, Serial

Rose is a college graduate with an arts degree and massive student loans to prove it and that's about it. She's working in a coffee shop to pay her bills and one night at a club that her roommate drags her to she gets a card referring her to a place called The Club that specializes in hooking up patrons with girls for money. Money she could desperately could use to payoff her loans. So, she goes and ends up in a contractual relationship with someone that is probably more
Donna Feibusch
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Awesome Read!

I really enjoyed reading Black Dog Nights: Part Two (The Club Book 2), all about Rose Collins the out of work art graduate & Jae Rothkoe her newly appointed arrangement. The author wrote a great story that spans the entire three book series, and the characters all make the story come to life. In this part Rose is annoyed that she is being followed and spyed on behind her back, and when she confronts Jae he says "I protect my own, besides you signed an exclusive" which means o
Donna
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wowza!! Things are taking a turn, hopefully for the best. This book reveals more about Jae and I have to say, my heart is breaking. I just want to grab him and hug him and let him know everything will be ok. He’s pretty possessive, but in a strange way it’s almost understandable when things from his past come out. His scars are deep and when Rose asks for something he can’t seem to give, will his worst fear come true? I can’t say enough good things about this story. I’m truly in love with the st ...more
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Black Dog Nights Part Two by Ren Monterrey was even more addictive than part one. I fully admit that the relationship is dark, twisted, and unhealthy, but I can't stop reading it. Remember those layers I told you about in part one? Well, we get to see some of them. Issues and all, they make Jae pretty irresistible. I'm probably getting way more enjoyment out of this series than any normal person rightfully should. Normal is over rated anyway.Bring on part 3!

Th
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Black Dog Nights part two is book tow in The Club serial. You must read part one first. Part two picks up where part one left off. After reading part one I had to pick this one up to see what happens next.

Jae is super possessive in this one. Jae doesn't want her working and he definitely doesn't want her to have anything to do with her ex Rocky. You can only hope that Jae really isn't a jerk but maybe his possessiveness is he way of showing her is falling for Rose.

I loved the cliffhanger at the
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Finally the epic conclusion to the love story that had not so great beginnings.

The big question is: WILL THEY GET A HAPPY ENDING?

Let me tell you this, you won't be disappointed. This short story is one roller coaster full of serious moments, tense situation, angst, drama, and one hell of an emotional ride. They will face obstacles but they will learn to put the past to rest and move towards their future.

In the end, it was perfect.

I cannot wait for more from this author.

Book Tour--->
LeeAnne
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

Rose and Jae’s chemistry is undeniable and I love the flow of the story.
Felicity Nichols
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Part Two picks up where part one left off. Rose has found that she is being watched by two men 24/7 for her own safety. Her heart is in danger because she is allowing herself to fall for Jae knowing this is only an arrangement.

I enjoyed this installment as well. I liked finding what was going on with Rose but would have liked a chance to get inside Jae's head and know what he was feeling. The conversations between Rose and Jae at times shattered my heart as he admitted why he cannot open up eas
Pratr- Authors
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 fangs

This is book 2 of a trilogy. It can be read as a standalone but will leave you hanging on for the next installment.

In this book you will meet rose and her roommate Cali again and Rose 's old prom date Joey Rocco is back in town and wants to get back with Rose but she is still in an arrangement with Jae Rothko the owner of black dog industries. Jae is starting to get possessive and Rose is not sure what to do about it. This book keeps me on toes i cant wait for me. I just wish they were lo
Ren Monterrey lives in a small town outside Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and their bloodhounds. She writes New Adult and Contemporary romance under a number of different pen names.

The Club (7 books)
  • Black Dog Nights (The Club, #1)
  • Sapphire Beautiful (The Club, #2)
  • Mad Dog Days (The Club, #3)
  • Gold Dust Woman (The Club #4)
  • Yellow Dog Blues (The Club, #5)
  • Grey Cloudy Lies (The Club, #6)
  • Behind Blue Eyes (The Club Book 0)