Start by marking “Confessions of a Ghostwriter” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Ghostwriter

Confessions of a Ghostwriter

The new book in the bestselling Confessions series.

A fascinating insight into the world of a ghostwriter. From glamour models to diplomats, Andrew Crofts has worked with an array of interesting characters. These are his confessions.

From the team that brought you the bestselling CONFESSIONS OF A GP and CONFESSIONS OF A MALE NURSE and CONFESSIONS OF A NEW YORK TAXI DRIVER
Published July 30th 2014 by The Friday Project

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Ghostwriter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Ghostwriter

Start your review of Confessions of a Ghostwriter
Edoardo Albert
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
There are times when you just want something light and fluffy and gossipy to read and what could be better, I thought, than the confessions of a ghostwriter. Surely we'd get to hear the dirt dished on people who hid behind someone else's words and some insight into the world of high-money vanity publishing? Well, we get a bit of the latter but unfortunately Andrew Crofts is far too discrete to name any of the names you actually want named. When he does drop a name, it's only to tell us about a ...more
Robin
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A quite interesting and entertaining book about the author's experiences as a ghostwriter, which I read because I have just branched out into that area myself. Some of the chapters were very short and ended up in the air, giving the book a somewhat disjointed feel overall.
alesssia
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I cannot say it with better words than the author himself: 'anecdotes alone will not hold a reader's attention for 200 or more pages' -- especially if they also repeat the same few concepts over and over again.
Michele Brooker
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Learnt some stuff I didn't know about the publishing world!
Ellen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boring

Just wasn’t for me. Meant to be an easy read but I struggled to not get distracted while reading it. Did not finish.
Tomas Bella
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Collection of random anecdotes, most of them boring.
Jo
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoirs, non-fiction
Crofts has written more books than you've had hot dinners but you won't have heard of him. Crofts is a ghostwriter which means he's responsible for all those celebrity autobiographies that their adoring public think they wrote themselves. While not naming all the names, here we get a taste of life as a ghostwriter as Crofts takes us on a humorous journey through his life. I read this for a bit of fluff to compensate for the more serious historical fiction I was reading at the same time and it ...more
Amy
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
More snippets and anecdotes than anything, he doesn't dish the dirt on who uses a ghost and who doesn't. Still it has its entertaining moments, particularly when he talks about the super-rich who feel the need for an autobiography and show off by having him ride on their yachts, helicopters, use their spas, inspect their ginormous fountains, etc. Not a bad way to make a living.
Maja Dezulovic
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading this reminded me about why I love writing and ghostriting. It is sure one heck of an adventure!
Ben Baker
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Too bitty and naturally guarding the identity of its subjects to be truly satisfying but a lot of interesting insights into a little known area along the way.
Mary
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting but without the depth I was hoping for. His wife sounds great, would like to read more about her.
Jay
Jan 21, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Boring. Dead boring. You would think it would be interesting, but it's the opposite.
Marjorie
Aug 07, 2014
Poetic
Oct 26, 2014
paul cantor
Jul 30, 2017
Sue
rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Ayesha Sameen
Oct 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Billionaire's Holiday Bride
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Desire (The Pryce Family, #5)
  • The Billionaire's Inconvenient Obsession (The Pryce Family, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Forgotten Fiancée (The Pryce Family, #4)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Wife (The Pryce Family, #3)
  • Furniture Fatality in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries, #9)
  • 9 Lessons in Brexit
  • The Breakdown: Making Sense of Politics in a Messed Up World
  • The Human's Complex
  • Chase the Rainbow
  • Dark History of Hollywood: A Century of Greed, Corruption and Scandal behind the Movies (Dark Histories)
  • For One More Day
  • The Realist
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
  • Boardgames That Tell Stories
  • Music Habits - The Mental Game of Electronic Music Production: Finish Songs Fast, Beat Procrastination and Find Your Creative Flow
  • How to Be a Writer
  • Writing Monsters: How to Craft Believably Terrifying Creatures to Enhance Your Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction